CAG Arcade Stick Thread II: World Warrior

I didn't get a keychain and I'm fucking pissed. Technical Support Representatives aren't working today so I'm SOL until Monday... these type of failures send a message to the consumers... and not a good one. I'll try again Monday.

I've stripped out my SE and I plan on putting in a Cthulhu for PS2/PS3 compatibility.

4514-163557-casshanStickjpg-620x.jpg

No real reason to. I don't own a 360, don't want one and none of my friends have 360s. I thought about going the PS2-only route as I have PS2>Gamecube, PS2>DC and PS2>PS3 converters.

[quote name='nil']I've stripped out my SE and I plan on putting in a Cthulhu for PS2/PS3 compatibility.

I don't own a 360, don't want one and none of my friends have 360s. I thought about going the PS2-only route as I have PS2>Gamecube, PS2>DC and PS2>PS3 converters. [/QUOTE]

I really like the artwork you got on your stick there.

Do you have any plans for the 360 guts then? I may be interested in taking them off your hands.

I'm still trying to just get through to MadCatz to get the TE keychain that was missing from my order from the LAST promo. An email from the form went unanswered and my calls keep going straight to voice mail... what number should I be calling?

[quote name='StarCreator']I'm still trying to just get through to MadCatz to get the TE keychain that was missing from my order from the LAST promo. An email from the form went unanswered and my calls keep going straight to voice mail... what number should I be calling?[/QUOTE]

What time are you calling?

Also, what number? Both of these work:

1.800.659.2287 (USA only) or 1.619.683.9830.

They are open from 8 AM PST to 4 PM PST. 12PM - 1PM PST phones are off as well. Monday - Friday.

As long as you have your order info and they can confirm it, you'll get yours.

[quote name='MarkMan']What time are you calling?

They are open from 8 AM PST to 4 PM PST. 12PM - 1PM PST phones are off as well. Monday - Friday.

As long as you have your order info and they can confirm it, you'll get yours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks MarkMan, I also need to get a hold of them. Since I'm on east coast time and been very busy, it's been a difficult for me to find time to call MadCatz. I'm going to try to get a hold of tech-support, assuming that's the number you posted, tomorrow. :joystick: :pray:

[quote name='MarkMan']What time are you calling?

As long as you have your order info and they can confirm it, you'll get yours.[/QUOTE]

I just tried calling both these numbers. Nothing but dead silence.

The lines are down right now, I just checked with them. I'll let you know when they're back up (since it is almost 4 PM now, it will most likely be tomorrow).

Well MarkMan, I finally jumped and bought a stick of my own. Of course it's Happ because I'm a man. Check out the stick I just bought.

773893764_xJ32T-L.jpg

[quote name='eastx']Sure, address your custom pic just to him! Why would anybody else be interested?[/QUOTE]

Actually it's because he lead me in the direction on which one I was looking for. In the past I liked American sticks, but haven't used a stick in almost a decade because everyone somehow switched to Japanese style sticks. He told me what I was looking for so it would be fair to address my purchase to him since he's the one that told me what I was looking for.

I"m HAPP-Y right now.

Ugh, didn't get out of work in time to even get a chance to call today. Can't I just pass you the order number directly? This has been a ridiculously drawn out process to get something that I should have gotten the first time around.

Well, yea, but it'd be faster if you went through them like I mentioned.

I'm not in that department that handles it, and I'm pretty busy at work as is. I'll see what I can do though.

While we're sharing sticks, here are mine side by side:

20934_869983528922_5102118_49149855_3042490_n.jpg

Since I have two now I popped a octagonal gate in my modded SE. I'm still kind of on the fence about it.

Props to MarkMan for making such awesome sticks.

2/26 - 3/1: Mad Catz (store.gameshark.com) Promo - 20-30% OFF + TE Stick Key Chain!

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM FEB. 26 - MAR. 1, 2010!

ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A TE STICK ORDER AND/OR FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!

Hello everyone!

There will be a special Mad Catz Store ( http://store.gameshark.com ) promotion going on this weekend!

I'll be live in Southern California at this weekend's Level|Up Tournament plugging this website promo and showing off some of our new Super Street Fighter IV and Tatsunoko VS. Capcom products! Stay tuned to http://levelup-series.com for more details & if you're in the Orange County area, come out and visit us on Saturday!

We will be doing 20-30% off certain products!

The 20% OFF TVC & TE FightSticks includes the following... CODE = LEVELUP20

TVC5718.jpg
MV2-4738.jpg

4738.gif
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg
SF4-FF4738.jpg

• Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Arcade FightStick for Wii
  • MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Femme Fatale" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360 (VERY LIMITED NUMBERS LEFT!)

The 30% OFF product list includes the following... CODE = LEVELUP30

4718.gif
4728-guile.jpg

• Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (Standard Edition) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV FightPad (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

ALL ORDERS USING THE SPECIAL PROMO CODES (LEVELUP20 or LEVELUP30), WILL RECEIVE A BONUS MAD CATZ TE STICK PROMO KEY CHAIN (While supplies last!).

4194064755_a1d9a7526c.jpg

* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!
* Deal not valid for Super Street Fighter IV Products

The deal goes live on FRIDAY!

Wow some of you here have some incredible looking sticks! (That's what she said)

I just finished customizing mine last night so photo ahoy!

FrankCastleAZArcadeStick.jpg

-FrankCastleAZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the deal MarkMan! I ordered a TvC stick last night but i haven't gotten an email confirmation. Will i just get an email when it ships?

[quote name='PhrostByte']You gonna play some KOF12 with your new stick Paco? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Damn right. Leona's X-Calibur has been a bitch to nail with the Dpad. Plus it's a standard playstation 1 and 2 setup so I"ll also be playing 98 Ultimate Match and 3rd strike with it.

And I'm ranked SS on King of Fighters XII. Just 300 or so matches and then I'll be ranked SSS. Hopefully by then I'll be the biggest Goro threat in the game. I'm knocking people senseless with the guy. The tank is a god damn beast if used right. His command of air and truly close combat keeps people scared if used right.

Plus scrubby Robert players who abuse the Hien Shinpakku get the ground pound and after the initial one is done, I time it frame by frame so they can't recover which means another 2-5 ground pound attacks.

I've come to terms that though Goro's grab is NOT one frame instant priority over everything anymore, I have found out there is a way to effectively use him and strike fear into most people's minds.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Goro is that dude with 4 arms right?[/QUOTE]

That's Mortal Kombat's Goro. Perhaps I should have said Daimon? Goro on KOF Is always on the Japan team with Benimaru and Kyo. He practices Judo.

[quote name='Paco']That's Mortal Kombat's Goro. Perhaps I should have said Daimon? Goro on KOF Is always on the Japan team with Benimaru and Kyo. He practices Judo.[/QUOTE]

Oh judo is cool I used to do jiujitsu... is Goro just another name for Daimon? I remember the old KOF games and Team Japan.. it seems weird that they put Raiden in the game instead of some more popular characters.

Im planning to buy a hrap 3 and replace 6 of the buttons with sanwas. Do you think its worth it to replace the start/select. 24 mm buttons actually cost more than 30mm. Also do i really need to replace the last two buttons on the far right, no game uses them right?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Oh judo is cool I used to do jiujitsu... is Goro just another name for Daimon? I remember the old KOF games and Team Japan.. it seems weird that they put Raiden in the game instead of some more popular characters.[/QUOTE]

Goro is the first name. Most people just call him by his last name though. And Raiden was voted in there by the Japanese gamers surprisingly enough. Weird huh? The Japanese wanted him in there more then other characters.

[quote name='jchen']Im planning to buy a hrap 3 and replace 6 of the buttons with sanwas. Do you think its worth it to replace the start/select. 24 mm buttons actually cost more than 30mm. Also do i really need to replace the last two buttons on the far right, no game uses them right?[/QUOTE]

This is all just my opinion, but I'd generally go ahead and replace all 30mm face buttons just for consistency. If you don't plan on using those last two buttons, you might be better off buying some plugs to just cover them up rather than leaving buttons you won't use.

I'd only replace the 24mm buttons if you want them in a different color than stock.

I was planning to buy yellow buttons so im lucky the start/select are yellow. I think im going to leave the last 2 buttons red, dont want to spend any more money. Is there any notable games that use the last two buttons? (not as shortcuts but as the real configuration)

[quote name='eastx']Love the Punisher stick, FCAZ. No need to use spoiler tags on an image of that size.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's my first quality stick and my first mod. I know it's nothing major such as wiring my own PCB or whatever, but I'm still proud of my work and more than happy to pull out the stick for a few games when someone mentions SFIV, SSFIITHDR, BlazBlue or Tekken 6.

:)

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='jchen']I was planning to buy yellow buttons so im lucky the start/select are yellow. I think im going to leave the last 2 buttons red, dont want to spend any more money. Is there any notable games that use the last two buttons? (not as shortcuts but as the real configuration)[/QUOTE]

You mean the last 2 on the right of the 8 face buttons? Only SFIV uses them to browse some of their menus, but that's about it.

Pre-Ordered a TE"S" 360 version from Amazon. I hate the colored buttons, but I need a stock Sanwa stick.
My other sticks have Seimitsus, which I prefer, but can't piano as well on.

Hey guys, I got a question.

I've never been much on joysticks but have been looking to buy one now that SSF4 is on its way.
I have $20 in amazon promo credit. Would it be cheaper to get a MadCatz SE stick and mod it with better parts or just get a TE stick? As of right now I can get the SE for about $25 and the TE for $110 after the credit.

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Hey guys, I got a question.

I've never been much on joysticks but have been looking to buy one now that SSF4 is on its way.
I have $20 in amazon promo credit. Would it be cheaper to get a MadCatz SE stick and mod it with better parts or just get a TE stick? As of right now I can get the SE for about $25 and the TE for $110 after the credit.

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

When I modded my SE, the cost was about as much as a TE. Maybe about $10 cheaper at best when I did it. I'd recommend the TE, however it's worth noting the SSFIV TEs have new PCBs.

[quote name='distgfx']When I modded my SE, the cost was about as much as a TE. Maybe about $10 cheaper at best when I did it. I'd recommend the TE, however it's worth noting the SSFIV TEs have new PCBs.[/QUOTE]

10 bucks you say? I was reading around and that seems to be the case. Maybe I will just go ahead and get a TE. Ummm..since I'm a newbie with these things. Can you tell me what a PCB is? thanks.

Printed Circuit Board. The brain of the controller. The Super SF4 stick's PCB has been redesigned, which may make it more reliable than the old ones (they occasionally died), but we won't know until it comes out.

[quote name='bobo2k4']10 bucks you say? I was reading around and that seems to be the case. Maybe I will just go ahead and get a TE. Ummm..since I'm a newbie with these things. Can you tell me what a PCB is? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Did you see that new Asian stick that comes with both 360 and PS3 support right out the box? It's like $70 and comes with shitty parts (which of course you can replace).

To anyone that has done a plexi-artwork replacement on a TE: is it possible to leave the original artwork on the stick and just overlay the new art? I wouldn't think the original art is all that thick but I wonder if it'd make the whole thing too thick. It'd be metal panel -> Original Art -> plexi -> buttons.

I kind of want to keep the original art in case I ever want to sell it (MVC2 stick) but I kind of want to have my own art on there.

I can't remember the specifics of that but the original art stays in one piece when taken off, not a whole lot stopping you from just putting it back on and dabbng some glue on the edges or something to keep it there should you need to sell it down the road. Mine is sitting in a folder right now

[quote name='distgfx']When I modded my SE, the cost was about as much as a TE. Maybe about $10 cheaper at best when I did it. I'd recommend the TE, however it's worth noting the SSFIV TEs have new PCBs.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, do the new TE's (the redesigned ones) have the stick top mounted or bottom mounted? Cuz I seem to recall that the reason I wanted to get rid of the HRAP3 so badly was because the way the stick was mounted, it felt really ghetto.

If the new TE has the stick in there all ghetto, Mad Catz can suck my World Warrior.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Did you see that new Asian stick that comes with both 360 and PS3 support right out the box? It's like $70 and comes with shitty parts (which of course you can replace).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend getting one of those.

[quote name='Chacrana']Out of curiosity, do the new TE's (the redesigned ones) have the stick top mounted or bottom mounted? Cuz I seem to recall that the reason I wanted to get rid of the HRAP3 so badly was because the way the stick was mounted, it felt really ghetto.

If the new TE has the stick in there all ghetto, Mad Catz can suck my World Warrior.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I'll hit you up in the chat.

bread's done
Back