CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx for the info. That is what I thought about the ex2 but u just confirmed it for me. Thanx, does anyone know how much it costs to dual modd a hrap3? I am trying to avoid doing it myself

[quote name='MarkMan']I'd ask the man himself, I know he checks this thread sometimes... akuma001?

---

In other news... I guess there is SOME info on the SF IV stuff....

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

lol[/QUOTE]

Markman, u been lyin' to us all along! Traitor!

Or there's probably some reason behind this, like Shitty Mad Catz is making the regular SFIV stick while someone capable is making the Pro edition.

Mad Catz has that $$$. There is no other company out there that can bring accessories of this caliber to mass market. Believe.

Hori? Maybe. But I already said this before. This one is going to be better than any retail stick out there to date. ;)

man, i can't wait to get my stuff modded but my parts aren't here yet =(

this hori EX2 is pissing me off, i keep getting QCF motions when i hit a diagonal only. and the throw feels long as hell.

[quote name='MarkMan']Mad Catz has that $$$. There is no other company out there that can bring accessories of this caliber to mass market. Believe.

Hori? Maybe. But I already said this before. This one is going to be better than any retail stick out there to date. ;)[/quote]

It can't possibly be better than my HRAP2:SA!!! :joystick:

[quote name='MarkMan']Mad Catz has that $$$. There is no other company out there that can bring accessories of this caliber to mass market. Believe.

Hori? Maybe. But I already said this before. This one is going to be better than any retail stick out there to date. ;)[/QUOTE]

So does your post there finally confirm what part of the industry you work in...? Unless I'm reading it wrong or I'm a nub and everyone already knew that.

makstaks, if all pans out right, yes better than your HRAP2 SA :p

Jim, yea, I'm working on this. I'm in the industry, but not really by trade, more like homies/who you know etc.

[quote name='MarkMan']makstaks, if all pans out right, yes better than your HRAP2 SA :p

Jim, yea, I'm working on this. I'm in the industry, but not really by trade, more like homies/who you know etc.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh I see. I wasn't gonna say anything but I was always curious. Thanks for working on the project man... I have alot of faith that you guys will be able to pull out some awesome products. Saturn style pads ftw.... could that be why you were looking for ps2 / pc ones a few weeks ago? ;)

[quote name='MarkMan']makstaks, if all pans out right, yes better than your HRAP2 SA :p

Jim, yea, I'm working on this. I'm in the industry, but not really by trade, more like homies/who you know etc.[/quote]

haha. Crazy if that happens. I use to work in arcade games and when production hit we have had to make sacrifices to support costs. I hope everything works out, i know you guys want the best for us :D

Man, chac had me real curious about trying a Seimitsu LS-32 now.

I think I'll build a stick in October. Yeah. I will have to ask JEKKI how he did his.

[quote name='kainzero']Man, chac had me real curious about trying a Seimitsu LS-32 now.

I think I'll build a stick in October. Yeah. I will have to ask JEKKI how he did his.[/quote]

Only if you put it in a shoebox!

that actually is a good idea. You'll never need to find a desk to put your arcade stick on, coz it's always fuckin' there.

If I made an arcade stick outta a shoe box, though, I'd use Chuck Taylors. Coz yo, that's the only fuckin' shoe there is.

I've seen people make some out of cigar boxes, plastic milk trays, old consoles (I have a PS2 one lol). I wonder how it'd look if someone had a PS3 case custom stick...

kainzero: lol! I gotta ask him bout that, I never saw it!

I'm a brand whore, so the SFIV thing is kind of disappointing to me, but if you say it's GTG, MM I respect that.

Disappointing in what way? Just wanted to know. I understand the hate for 3rd party peripheral makers, but this is licensed stuff and has to undergo approval by Capcom's head dudes (s-kill, a well known SF player and big help to the competitive community & Yoshinori Ono, the producer of SF IV). We ain't playin around... ^_o ...

I won't let this project fail.

Disappointing 'cause I'm a brand whore, lol. I see the Hori quality and I wants the Hori quality.

But seriously MM, I trust you on fighting games and arcade sticks, no lie! I can't wait to see the final product!

Damn, a Mad Catz produced/distributed stick that's better than an HRAP 2 SA? INSANITY!!

But if you're involved in it, Markman, I'll believe. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone say LS-32?

picture.php

Putting an LS-33 in my FS3. Grabbed the blue bubble top as well :p Anyone want to trade my gray OBSF-30 plungers for any other color? (blue or white preferably)

Can't really put in a LS-32 in a HRAP3 without doing some modding to the metal plate. I just like the LS-32 because of the shorter throw since I play characters that use charge moves.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Is it easy to switch out the stick on an HRAP3? And why would one want to do so? Isn't the stick that comes with it good?[/quote]

I've never bothered, particularly since HRAPs feel great to me, but it's not overly complex. I guess the main reason you'd want to change the stick is if you really prefer the more phallic "American" style versus the gumball top that the Japanese like.

[quote name='gunm']I've never bothered, particularly since HRAPs feel great to me, but it's not overly complex. I guess the main reason you'd want to change the stick is if you really prefer the more phallic "American" style versus the gumball top that the Japanese like.[/QUOTE]

Thanks haha. I'll just be switching out the buttons when they arrive then.

I just saw the MadCatz info on Kotaku. I wanted to vomit because of my experience with their lack of quality and durability in the past.

I am very willing to pay $$$ and I want my sticks to last and to take a beating.

I trust you Markman, you definitely know your stuff. I look forward to hearing your opinions on the final product.

I think the best form factor for an arcade stick would still be a park bench. That thing would be solid as fuck, and wouldn't move all over tha place when ur playing Rumble Roses.

Okay I need help... what buttons fit the Start and Select Buttons on the HRAP3. I already ordered the Sanwa OBSF-30's for the normal sized 8 buttons but I forgot about the Start and the Select buttons.

Also, is the stick ball top easy to mod? I was looking at the Seimitsu LB-39 Clear Joystick Ball Top. Would that fit easily on the Sanwa stick that comes with the HRAP3? Also, what is the name of the joystick in the HRAP3. Thanks a lot.

OBSF-24s

The ball top is very easy to swap/replace. The LB-39 will fit on the top no prob. All you would need to take it out is a flathead screwdriver or something else to hold the lever end in place (opposite of the ball) and unscrew the ball off the top. Use the same method to tighten it back up.

The one in the HRAP 3 amazon.co.jp is the JLF-TP-8Y-SK-W.

[quote name='MarkMan']OBSF-24s

The ball top is very easy to swap/replace. The LB-39 will fit on the top no prob. All you would need to take it out is a flathead screwdriver or something else to hold the lever end in place (opposite of the ball) and unscrew the ball off the top. Use the same method to tighten it back up.

The one in the HRAP 3 amazon.co.jp is the JLF-TP-8Y-SK-W.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the super detailed response. I just opened up my stick and just tried everything out, like taking off the ball top. I believe i should get the 8 OBSF-30's by FRI. The rest OBSF-24 and ball top by Monday since I just ordered it.

I just ordered a HRAP3 from stridajin. I've wanted one for awhile and his price is very good and people seem very happy with his service. I don't have any short-term plans to mod this stick but may upgrade the ball top and buttons when the white parts get grimy. I'm thinking bright green would do the trick.

I'll pass the FS3 on to my wife. She used to prefer the X-Arcade until I had her play Street Fighter with the Hori. She found she was having an easier time pulling off hadoukens and shoryukens with the FS3. I may mod that one for her in the future. She doesn't play fighters as often as I do so buying her a HRAP3 would probably be somewhat wasteful.

Good to hear people are taking advantage of the deal with my man Stridajin... ^_^

He only has a few left, so once they're gone, they're gone...

The stick should prolly be at my house, but I won't know till I'm back tomorrow. I'm excited as hell for it, but I won't use it at all till I get all my shit done on it. Though I wanna see how the Sanwa stick feels (that's such a gay sounding statement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back