CAG BUZZ: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Wii) Giveaway! Multiple Winners! [LAST WEEK!]

1. I would purchase it due to playing previous Guilty Gear games. Each one has its own fun packed in.

2. This sort of fighting game is easy to get into. The combat system isn't difficult, and the variety of characters makes it a very fun game to play without any prior knowledge of its controls.

3. Both the Guilty Gear and Street Fighter franchises are top 5 material whether they are up against other 2-D fighters, or both 2-D and 3-D fighting games. I prefer Street Fighter by a bit, but they are both really great, and really fun.

1. I can't remember anything about the actual GG i've tried since i think it was the first one. And i went back to SF at the time. But I've just discovered CAG and have a wii and this may be my lucky day to try on an new hat ;)

2. I can't remember the control's

3.I'd have to go with SF simply on comfort factor in my opinion, since I didn't dive to deep into GG

regards,
Meth

1. Every franchise has its ups and downs, and Guilty Gear is no exception. But my decision to purchase would not be based on name alone. For some games, that would be different. I'm more apt to blindly pick up a Street Fighter game or a Mortal Kombat game simply from past experience with the franchise. I was never that impressed by the Guilty Gear games, so I'd act more cautiously. But I am a fan of the 2-D fighting genre, so I would be interested in hearing how this one turned out.

2. Anyone can play a fighting game by mashing the controller randomly, but it's much harder to actually "get into" one. There hasn't been a fighting game that anyone could pick up and master since Urban Champion. That said, you need to start slow and work your way onto the more complicated games. So, I don't think a beginner would want to bother with something like Guilty Gear.

3. Games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat really helped define the genre in the first place, and games like Smash Bros. are now helping move the genre to new levels. The characters are iconic, much of the gameplay elements have already been burned into the minds of players, and they have bigger budgets from developers. Other games, including the Guilty Gear franchise, appear to be copycats trying to cash in of these successes. That doesn't mean they can't be good, but it'll be hard to have a Guilty Gear game ever be AS good as some of the more famous franchises.

1. Although I have enjoyed the series quite a lot, I would not buy it solely based on just playing other iterations. It would need to improve upon the previous one.

2. It is realyl easy to get into. The fast pace of the battles and interesting art style helps getting into it, not hinders.

3. Since I have not played the this version of Guilty Gear, I would not be able to rank it with other games. However, as a series, I put Guilty Gear somwhere under Street Figher third strik and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but above the others.

1. In this instance, both. I love 2d fighting games in general and Guilty Gear in specific.
  2. At its current level of market saturation, I'd say 2d fighters are 2nd only to shoot-em-ups in obscurity. These games are not easy to get into for the majority of consumers, especially if their perceptions of 2d fighters have been shaped by games like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Not that there is anything wrong with either of these franchises, but the genre has made rapid and distinct growths away from those games.
  3. I'd say that Guilty Gear is third in line behind the King of Fighters series and Street Fighter series. As fantastic as Guilty Gear is, it has rarely attempted to innovate beyond the system developed with GGX. I've always been willing to give Guilty Gear a chance, though and if the multiple releases and expansions have served to introduce more players to GG in specific and 2d fighters in general, they serve their purpose.

1. I bought Guilty Gear X and X2 for Playstation 2, and Guilty Gear X2 Reload for Xbox. Guilty Gear is one of my favorite games and at a time when Wii games are in pretty short supply, this game is near the top of my list for future purchases.
2. I got my girlfriend and some of her friends into the game, who have had no previous 2D fighting experience and even now will not play Street Fighter or any of it's iterations, but very much like Guilty Gear.
3. It's definitely a lot more insane than most other fighters, and the juggle system is top notch. I like it a decent amount more than the standard 2D fighter but not the absolute pinnacle of 2D that years past King of Fighters or Street Fighter games had.

1. No, im more of a street fighter gamer. Playing a fighter on the Wii sounds interesting.

2. I don't think this game would be easy to get into. From the look of the screen shots and the front cover, its definitely not familiar, background looks too animated, something i'd probably get sick of.

3. Street fighter pwns this game by far, the characters are more profound and familiar, they have made a name for themselves. I don't know the characters from Guilty Gear. They made a movie about this game, can't beat that. Storyline seems more defined too, kick M. Bison's ass and be the best fighter in the world. The backgrounds and music, love it all. Haven't played guilty gear x but the screen shots shown in OP are terrible.

1) Definitely. I am a big fan of good fighting games (latest purchase: MK Armageddon Wii), and I've loved the GG series since I played Guilty Gear X on the Dreamcast.

2) Again, going back to GGX, I thought that game was very easy to get into, but hard to master, and even harder to pick that favorite character to kick butt with. So many fun and unique characters... :)

3) It stands just above Marvel vs Capcom 2, Smash Bros., and MK Armageddon in character variety, and it's one of the easiest fighting games to dive into and play, especially with a human opponent. Of course, like every other reputable fighter, when taking on an experienced challenger... it can be painful.
"HEAVEN OR HELL... LET'S ROCK!" is more fun than "round 1... FIGHT". Just sayin'...

It helps that the art is great too.

1. Yes. I would buy this game. I am a fan of 2D fighters.
2. Yes. It is easy for me to get into 2D fighters.
3. I've never played a Guilty Gear game before.

1. I would, actually. Always been a fan of the series ever since playing the imported, partially translated demo on a Playstation Underground disc. The kind you had to reset the system to get out of. Played it several times even though there wasn't any music. Then I got my hands on the full version and was hooked.
2. A little of both. It's easy enough to go in and play but hard to master, like Othello, and the design is definitely obscure and out there so it's perfect for me even though I've introduced it to friends and they were like O_O at it at first.
3. Actually, I rank it pretty high against games like KoF and SF because of its system. It's easy to start up and train as a character, try out everyone else, see who fits best and still always have a challenge. Plus, the soundtracks are sick as hell.

1. Guilty Gear has been a long running franchise for the past (10+) years, would you purchase the game due to playing past iterations or as a 2-D fighting game fan in general?
Most definately. I've played every other entry in the Guilty Gear series, and enjoyed most of them. The only one that I'm still a bit on the fence about is Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers. I kind of enjoy the simplified, Smash Bros/Jump Superstars gameplay, but I think it feels a bit clunky . it's not nearly as clean an experience as either mentioned game, and it's something that works against what I feel are it's goals -- an easier, more accesible Guilty Gear.

1. Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?
Like any other game with a serious following, Guilty Gear has it's casual and Proffessional level players. I think it's just like playing Halo 3 online -- if you take the time and memorize maps and button combos and weapon strengths and weaknesses, more power to you. But some people just want to play a game and watch cool shit happen
  1. If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.
I prefer Guilty Gear over other fighters. To me, other fighters just aren't "verticle" enough. With Guilty Gear, weapon arcs, special attacks, and movement in general seems to be more evenly spaced between arial/anti-arial/ground attacks.

1. Well a little of both. I have always been a huge fan of 2-D fighters and this one is no exception. I have also played previous Guilty Gear games against friends and always had a good time.
  2. Well being the button masher that I am... I would say the learning curve is very obscure at first... but that is mostly my fault. I am very sure that one quick read over the instructions makes things a bit clearer. Also the finishers are awesome to pull off if you get them right.
  3. Well honestly I feel that it holds its own ground and definately ranks up there with the likes of Street Fighter and King Of Fighters in its own way. The heavy metal theme is awesome (if you're a metal fan... you can easily figure out which character has been named after a band or created in the likeness of a musician), the fighting styles are very unorthodox at times, and the soundtracks are overall top-notch. My only gripe is that the recent installments have just rehashed a lot of the previous games' content and at the same time... have taken out story mode.

1. Yes, been a fan of 2-D fighting games in general, and the Guilty Gear series has thus far been a great 2-D fighter to play.

2. Somewhere in the middle. Its pretty easy to get the general feeling of the game, but the rest of the gameplay is too complicated for those who haven't played 2-D fighting games.

3. Haven't played the latest iteration of Guilty Gear, but if its anything like its predecessor, I would rank it 2nd to Street Fighter.

1. Love the series for its wacky characters and fluid animation

2. Gameplay is pretty classic... if you've played street fighter, you can undertand this game.

3. Guilty Gear is top tier and ranks near the level of Street Fighter. Very enjoyable.

1. I would purchase the game at a lower price due to my past interest in the game, but feel hard pressed to spend $50 on it.
2. I feel anyone with previous 2d fighting experience can get into the game and enjoy it.
3. Guilty Gear is a pretty good game but I enjoy Street Fighter more, but against other 2d fighters as a *series* It's in the top five behind KOF, SF and the like.

1. Guilty Gear has been a long running franchise for the past (10+) years, would you purchase the game due to playing past iterations or as a 2-D fighting game fan in general?

I would purchase Guilty Gear as a fighting game fan in general. I never really got into the Guilty Gear tournament scene, because I'm more of a 3-D fighting game palyer, but it was still a fun game with great character designs and an intriguing storyline.

2. Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?

Fighting games in general are hard to get into because most casual players do not take the effort to learn the system. It is especially tough for Guilty Gear because it is the Virtua Fighter of the 2-D fighting game arena. The system is very in-depth and balanced, but at the same time, it is extremely complex and has a high learning curve. Fighters like these always need a tutorial mode to lead beginners by the hand.

3. If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.

The Guilty Gear series is one of the current top 2-D fighting games, ranked alongside Street Fighter III and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. It is a complicated game with plenty to offer for the hardcore fighting game fanatics, but it is too stylized and niche for it to gain massive mainstream success.

1. I've only played Guilty gear a few times, but it seemed fun.
2. I really could not care less if it was 2d or 3d. Guilty Gear does seem a little difficult.
3.first would be street fighter then everything else including Guilty Gear. I really dont have a preference besides SF.

1.I plan to purchase it because I'm a big fan of fighting game. Past iteration is not that important as long the game is good.

2.I feel the Guilty Gear series is pretty easy to get into, but it also has a lot of depth that it will take a player a long time to master their favor characters. Fighting games in general is obscure, so casual gaming fan will not take the time to get better at the game.

3. I'm big fan of Street Fighter so while GG is good but its not at the level of SF. I feel GG is too combo friendly that it makes the game kinda boring after a few match, mainly because people just keep doing the same combos over and over.

1. Both. I liked the past few GG games and because 2d fighting games are more fun then 3d.
2. 2d fighting are the easiest games to get into imo.
3. I would rank it below king of fighters, and above street fighter. I cant stand the GG music.

1. I played past games and its a very fun franchie so I would buy it for that.
  2. Its hard to master but two new players can get it and just button smash and have fun with it even if they are not familiar at all with the fighting genre.
  3. I grew up with Street Fighter II so I am biased, I am just a big fan of the SF series, however GG is a great game and nostalgia aside one of the best fighting game series.

1. Yes i would. Guilty Gear X2 on the xbox brought me and my friends countless hours of enjoyment. It always came down to me yelling KAAAIII KIIIEESSSSS KAAAAAYYYYYYYYY because he was good. So, to answer your question yes. As long as they can improve upon the series.

2. I think anyone who has gotten their feet wet in a fighting game wont have too hard of a time getting into guilty gear. If you were to start on this game as a first 2-D fighter, i would say no, it is not easy to get into.

3. I would rank guilty gear up their with the best of them. Especially the community. While not as large of a user base as Tekken 5, if you were to go to the local arcade here in Houston and play guilty gear, you would get spanked. While the moves in guilty gear are just as easy to learn as any other fighter, I believe a few of the characters can make learning them a bit hard. That is where i believe some people would lose interest playing those people and in turn drop the game because of frustration

1. No. Too many sequels.
2. Not easy to get into. Style is awesome, but gameplay is obscure.
3. GG is hard for newbies.

1. I would consider buying it if it had something new and unique that would make me go "WOW". Having purchased previous titles from guilty gear it seems its a rehash of the same franchise except bug fixes and a brand new character or two. I would buy it as a 2D fighting game fan IF it had a lower price point like king of fighters XI that is selling for $14.99

2. I think this type of fighting game is unique and its a bit obscure if you haven't played previous titles. For instance im a big fan of the Marvel vs capcom series, Street Fighter 2-3, and love capcom vs snk 2. But when i want to get into guilty gear i can't cause everything is different, the combo system, the special moves, etc.

3. I would rank it like so: 1 - Street Fighter, 2 - Guilty Gear, 3 - King of fighters.
Pros:
Game has a unique feel to it
Graphicly looks nice
Love the animations, Spark effects
Sound and music are amazing (love the music from this series :D )

Cons:
Hard to get into (Specially if you come from a different 2-D Fighting Game Background *cough*Street fighter *cough*)

Thats about it for me.

1. I would buy it.
2. It easy to get into if you like 2-D fighters. If you're not used to it, playing guilty gear can be a bit confusing and/or frustrating.
3. GG owns SF hands down. SF is old school (which would explain it's huge fan base) and lacks the depth that is GG. Anyone who chooses SF over GG is simply over-filled with nostalgia.

1. I have never played one before...So it has no Henderance on that decision
2. I feel that it's tough to master. If I tried playing it I would try and so the normal street fighter moves...and if that didn't work, i'd find myself button mashing.
3. I'd rank street fighter alpha 3 as the best 2d fighting game ever, but I prefer the SNK series.

1. I would would this game as a 2-D fighting game fan in general.
  2. I have never played Guilty Gear before, but if it is anything like the fighting games before it, then it should be easy enough to get into.
  3. I would rank the Street Fighter series higher just because I've played it. I'm not sure where to place Guilty Gear since I've never played it.

1. Both, mostly the latter.
  2. Easy to get into if you've ever played a fighting game before
  3. Better than Street fighter, not as good as MK

1. The previous Guilty Gear games that I've played have been great fighters, but overall probably too techincal for me.

2. I think generally that the gameplay of Guilty Gear is easy to get into, but it takes a lot of experience to master. It's the kind of game that you'll log a lot of hours on.

3. I think the GG series has been excellent, and has improved over iterations, rather than grinding downward (Super Street Fighter 2: Gamma Championship Edition Turbo, etc)

1. Yes I would purchase the game due to playing past iterations.
2. The style is pretty obscure to someone who has never seen it before but it's so zany that I think people would be interested to find out more.
3. I would rank GG higher than SF because of the higher res pixels, sweet music, crazy cast of characters (where else are you going to find cross dressers, pirates, vampires, and chicks who fight with their hair), and more than like 3 or 4 special moves per character.

1. If I were to purchase it, it would be due to having played past iterations. I'd much rather test out a game I haven't played before in the arcade rather than as a purchase.

2. The gameplay basics should be easy enough for most people to pick up (especially if they have experience with fighting games in general) but picking up on the finer points of the game or the more complex combos certainly isn't something everyone can do. But, then again, that's true for most games.

3. GG has excellent style to it, which I think is one of its strongest points. Everyone's seen the Ryu/Ken type characters in games, but where else will you find a leather-clad guitar wielding woman? Even aside from stylistic differences, I'd say it compares favorably to Street Fighter.

1. I would purchase it as a fan of 2D fighting games in general.

2. The game is pretty easy to understand.

3. Guilty Gear games still rank below Street Fighter. It's not known to casual gamers.

1. I would buy as a 2-D game fan in general.
  2. Pretty easy to get into.
  3. I would put it as inferior to the SF franchise but superior to most other 2-D Fighters (except for maybe World Heroes :) )

1. I would purchase it as a fan of 2D fighting games in general.
2.easy to play hard to beat. Need 2 players.
3. Best of the fighting games in both fighting style and graphics. Way better than street fighter.

1. I would purchase a guilty gear game based on being a 2D fighting fan in general. And the high res sprites seal the deal even more.

2. The gameplay is kinda obscure but that is what makes it great. Not every fighting game should hace 3 punches and 3 kicks.

3. It is below Street fighter because well SF is a living legend. But it is above almost any other 2D fighting game, if only for the characters and music alone.

1. Yeah I would! 2-D fighting games, IMO, ARE the best kind! I'm actually surprised to have found myself pretty interested in this game. I never played a GG game.
2. It's easy because it fits perfectly. I don't know what I mean, but in my head it makes sense.

3. Well I'll always be a Street Fighter fan..(but more of a Mortal Kombat fan then SF) and I never played GG. I've always been interested..I just never got around to playing a GG game...

1.yes i would perchase the game i think its awesome how they're bringing guilty to the current gen with few changes made.

2.i don't think that the game is too hard to get into my friend introduced me to guilty gear about 2 years ago and i picked it up pretty quickly.

3.i wouldnt really compare it too much with other 2-d fighters its slightly more different but i would say it holds its own against the more popular 2-d's like street fighter.

1. Guilty Gear XX Reload is an awesome fighting game, so I would consider buying a new Guilty Gear game based on that alone.

2. I've typically found that it's as deep as you want it to be. If you want to go in and just mash buttons, you'll probably fare well, but the game has enough depth to satisfy a hardcore fan of the genre as well.

3. I would rank Guilty Gear XX just behind Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (the fighting system is incredibly balanced), and just ahead of Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves.

1. Yes. I no longer have my Xbox Guilty Gear, and the addition of characters makes this worth a purchase.

2. Easy to play, difficult to master. If anything, Guilty Gear's style makes it stand out. The Wii version will probably help ease younger gamers into fighting games in general, I picture veterans will need the classic controller.

3. #2, only behind the granddaddy that is Street Fighter. Although Guilty Gear has more style and flair, my non-gamer friends know what a "Ha-do-ken" is. Guilty Gear hasn't reached that legend status.

1. Even though I've played past iterations, I would buy the game primarily because I'm a 2D fighting game fan. Considering this is most likely the last version of the GGXX upgrades, now would be the time to jump into the game, as it is in it's most refined state.
2. Guilty Gear is extremely to get into. The controls are very traditional with some characters, like Sol or Ky, and the transition into the game's advanced moves is easier as a result. And considering the game is downright gorgeous, it's that much more easy to be drawn into the GG universe.
3. I think GG has become the new standard for what a 2D fighter can be. Typically, the best fighters have been the more traditional ones, such as KOF or SF. Guilty Gear has managed to take the maniac stylings of a VS. game and crafted tight mechanics around it. The crazy-awesome character designs, heavy-metal soundtrack, and downright unique movesets have really breathed new life into the genre.

Guilty Gear has been a long running franchise for the past (10+) years, would you purchase the game due to playing past iterations or as a 2-D fighting game fan in general?
I would purchase the game considering that I have purchased each version previously released in the US (except Accent Core on PS2) as well as imported XX Slash on PS2.

Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?
I think that some of the art style is rather obscure, but I don't think it's to hard to get into. It's fairly easy to play on the surface but has incredible depth, which is what makes it great.

If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.
I don't think it's fair to comprare it favorably to Street Fighter because of the amount of games that Street Fighter has produced. Street Fighter has a number of solid "series within a series" such as the Alpha games, the SF3 series, SF2 series, the Versus games etc... whilst most Guilty Gears (aside from 1) are more or less the same. However, Guilty Gear is still a great franchise in itself. Definately one of my more preferred fighting franchises.

1. If it was a gigantic dog turd branded with the Guilty Gear logo, I'd buy it. The franchise is amazing.
  2. It's stylish, but also challenging. Definately easy to get into, and the storylines are full of depth.
  3. I don't think you can really compare Guilty Gear to any other fighting franchise out there -- it's kind of like Mortal Kombat, in a league all its own. Its closest competitor would be Street Fighter Alpha in terms of style, and MK as far as gameplay. The one con this game has going for it are the one hit kills.. Really unneccessary. Not Eternal Champions Sega CD-ish "Cinekill" overkill, but definately to that point.

1. I would buy it as both, since I really liked Guilty Gear XX Reload and I like other 2D fighter game series as well.

2. My opinion on 2D fighter games is that they are fun and easy to get into as a start, with games like Street Fighter where they generally have the same special move set (quarter circle forward punch, etc.), but to master them can take a long while and be very rewarding. I do however think that in this day and age, they are unfortunately overshadowed by 3D and more "graphic intense" games by the general gaming public.

3. I would put the Guilty Gear series just below the Street Fighter and Vs games (Capcom vs SNK, Marvel vs Capcom, etc), but that is more just a matter of personal preference, along with a bit of nostalgia from growing up with the Street Fighter series.

1. I'd consider purchasing it since I'm a fan of 2-D fighting games in general.

2. Seems like it's pretty easy to get into but takes a while to master.

3. I'd say it ranks up there just from all the good things I've heard about it from other gamers. I'm not too familiar with the series myself but after hearing so many positive things I want to play it too.

1. Love 2-D fighters. Just got Bleach for the DS and it's pretty similar to Guilty
  2. It's not easy to get into and that's what I like about it. High learning curve = bigger payoffs when you land that huge combo
  3. 2-D fighters are similar yet different. They all have their pros and cons. Guilty Gear has been around long enough though to perfect the formula.

1. Nope. As far as fighting games go, I absolutely prefer 2-D and I remember liking Guilty Gear but only Street Fighter, MvC2, and just the fighters based off of anime are even on my radar now.
2. Very easy to get into.
3. It's on another tier below Street Fighter or the titles I mentioned. The characters aren't memorable, though plenty of them are hawt, and the art style is great but that doesn't make it great.

I would purchase it as a fan of the previous games. They were the by far the best PSX 2D fighters, so we got hooked.

I definitely think the game can be easy to get into. It's a very deep game but it's not hard to learn.

Guilty Gear is probably my favorite 2d fighting series. I love the art and gameplay.

1. Guilty Gear is a great series, so that's why I'd buy AC
2. There are two entirely different levels to play. As a casual mashing game anyone can hop in and hopefully have a little fun. But as a serious fighter, there is so much going on that it is pretty hard to understand and USE all the systems at work.
3. Guilty Gear is my favorite. Great character design, great variety of play, all characters have accsess to a ridiculously large set of common movement and defensive systems. And the best part is, on a competitive level, every character can be played competitively (as opposed to Mvc2, for intsance, where you see five characters in tournaments all the time).

[quote name='CheapyD']

Answer these questions for a chance at winning Guilty Gear Accent Core (Wii)!
Mutiple Winners!
  2. Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?
  3. If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.

[/QUOTE]

1) Most likely. I am a huge GG fan and am one of the few people who even bought Isuka. :D
2) The gameplay is somewhat obscure. 3D fighters dominate the market, but I would love to see 2D surge back.
3) Nothing compares with the Street Fighter series. Its the best fighting series on the market. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike is the best fighter of all time IMO.

1. I've only been a fan of the Guilty Gear series for a couple years now, after a friend introcuded me to it, in fact I've only finished Guilty Gear X 100% so far, but in my playthrough of that part, I've been left very impressed and plan to keep a close eye on all new releases it gets, and to buy them.

2. The game is very easy to enjoy, but the game can be quite challenging for those playing it for the first time. Adding a version for the wii is going to make it more difficult I would imagine, but in a way that will present more rewarding goals when you meet them.

3. I really don't compare fighting games to each other - I'm a fan of a vast majority of them and they all have different pros and cons, so it wouldn't be possible for me to choose an absolute favorite.

1)i love the art style but i hope they add online play

2)i love 2d fighting games. much better than 3d. i don't think it is hard to get into

3)street fighter is much easier in gameplay not that many moves and this game GG is alot complicated but i still enjoy it.

bread's done
Back