CAG Call of Duty 4 Night [Wednesday, 8pm EST]

Don't give up on COD4. We had tons last week and will again next week because I'm gonna bump this thread like mad. Thanks for hosting man.

I hate you mojimbo, you're to damn good.

As for hosting, if naes isn't doing it, I will be able to do it on Saturdays. The time would remain at 8 EST, maybe 8:30-9, it depends on the Saturday.

So, yeah, I'd be fine with doing it. Seeing above as naes won't be able to play on Saturdays, start sending me friend requests.

so every time I try to play online I hit find game and I get stuck at downloading game settings, any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm new to CAG and this'll be my first post. And it rightfully should be here with all the hours i've spent on CoD4. Send me a friend request and I'll play whenever you're down. How many of you play w/ headsets?

And jdioutkast... ps3forums.com addressed this same issue but failed (miserably) in coming up with a solution. The only help I can offer is what I found on mahalo.com:
http://www.mahalo.com/Call_of_Duty_4_Downloading_Game_Settings
Call of Duty 4 Dowloading Game Settings is an error message that occurs on the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of Call of Duty 4. The error message locks the screen, making it impossible to play the game online.
  1. Infinity Ward's servers are overloaded since the game's release
  2. Incompatible settings between the user's router and the COD4 servers.
  3. Solutions
    1. Let the game download its settings, for as long as it takes, and after a while the game will be playable again.
    2. Turn off console
    3. Disconnect router for 10-20 seconds then reconnect
    4. Turn on console
    5. Go to settings and click network settings
    6. Go to internet connection and press triangle
    7. Click disable disconnect then click enable after 10 seconds
I can't guarantee results but I hope it helps.

[quote name='jdioutkast']so every time I try to play online I hit find game and I get stuck at downloading game settings, any ideas on how to fix this?[/QUOTE]

That has only happened to me when my roomate and I are trying to play at the same time on different PS3's. Resetting the router would help for a little while, but eventually the same thing would happen again. I just cut it off and tried later.

[quote name='mi3nboi']what day is it suppose to be on? still saturday?[/quote]

No idea.

If naes isn't hosting this Saturday, I would be glad to. The time would either be 8 PM est, or 9 PM est.

I was going to tell you a game could be had on Wednesday, but I forgot. Tomorrow is already devoted to Warhawk (just for next week). Friday this week MIGHT be open (other weeks no). Saturday would be fine, but neverletthem or someone else would have to run it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Happy Birthday Mana :wave:[/QUOTE]Thanks a lot. Check the GGT and OTT. ;)

Anyway, if people want to play on Saturday, that's fine. I might play, but I'm leaving it up to neverletthem or someone (naes would handle any other day).

If you guys are short a couple people, then I would be happy to play. I do have a headset, don't sound like a seven year-old girl, and am competent at the game. UNfortunately, I usually work 'til close on Saturdays, so the only time I could get on would be after 12. That, and I would need some invites and some PSN friends on CAG.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Thanks a lot. Check the GGT and OTT. ;)

Anyway, if people want to play on Saturday, that's fine. I might play, but I'm leaving it up to neverletthem or someone (naes would handle any other day).[/quote]

I'll host it saturday. Once again, either 8 PM EST or 9 PM EST. Start sending me those friend requests, I'd rather you do it now and not during the middle of a game.

neverletthem, I don't think I have you on my friends list. Could you add me? I probably won't be able to use my PS3 until you get started playing. Or I can hope someone on my FL is in and will invite me ;)

PS: Hell yeah Red Wings for the Cup

[quote name='Jest']neverletthem, I don't think I have you on my friends list. Could you add me? I probably won't be able to use my PS3 until you get started playing. Or I can hope someone on my FL is in and will invite me ;)

PS: Hell yeah Red Wings for the Cup[/quote]

Adding right now.

I wanted to give everyone a reminder, if you want to play CoD4 on Saturday, add neverletthem to your buddy list.

Let me say that you CAN add people in-game, but you have to reset the online (go to single player and back to online multi-player) for it to add the recently added buddies as being online.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I wanted to give everyone a reminder, if you want to play CoD4 on Saturday, add neverletthem to your buddy list.

Let me say that you CAN add people in-game, but you have to reset the online (go to single player and back to online multi-player) for it to add the recently added buddies as being online.[/quote]

Mmkay, good to know.

I'm going to also have to ask anyone who is playing, if you are inviting someone from CAG who is NOT on my buddy list, PLEASE do NOT invite them in the middle of a game, invite them while we are waiting in the lobby. The problem is it screws with my connection for some reason, and I won't be able to hear any of you through your mic's.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I'm probably down for tonight as long as we can get one Shipment game in, you don't even have to up the kill limit this time. :)[/quote]

Oh, because you're playing I'm DEF. upping the kill limit. I so wanna beat you tonight.

[quote name='Kandal']What time is it on tonight guys?[/quote]

The to possible times are 8PM EST, and 9 PM EST. I'd SAY it's going to be the 8PM choice, but, then again, it might be 9. Just depends.

As of right now, unless I say anything else, the time stays at eight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna say that the time of starting SHOULD be 8:30 PM EST (giving myself some time). I'll update if the time changes to 9, or if I can start it at 8.

EDIT: I MIGHT be a little late, but, I shouldn't. If I'm late, it will only be by 5-10 minutes. Sorry it's like this this week.

STUPID DOWNLOADING GAME SETTING... STALL WTF IS up with that crap... I'm so pissed.. it caused my ps3 to froze now its just DOWNLOADING GAME SETTING.... omg! I've force shut down like twice.. and quit game about 5 times already.

ARG I GIVE UP! Downloading GAME SETTING is the only reason why I barely play COD4 now =( OH well WARHAWK is always available for me =) Still what an inconveinent! I'm glad i bought warhawk.

All right, I wanted to let you all know what happened.

Due to seeing people online and no neverletthem, I decided to host because I was in a good mood today.

The good thing was everyone was listed who was playing online and I had zero issues inviting people.

The bad thing was at one point, Jest311 got disconnected and tried sending me an invite. Because of this, I was not able to select "No", I do not want to accept an invite, and I couldn't back out pressing circle. So basically, I was stuck, so I tried to warn everyone I'll re-create a party. So it takes a REALLY long time to re-direct me. I tried pressing the PS Button to quit, and it froze too so I couldn't even quit the game. Eventually it redirected me, but the screen was dim due to pressing the PS Button, so I had to press the power button on my PS3, which shut it down, then I turned it back on. Since I have a crazy amount of buddies, I had to wait for all their notifications of being online to appear before I could get back online (I had like 18+ buddies online at once).

If it weren't for that, everything else ran smooth. That's why I get so frustrated with CoD4. From now on, if ANYONE gets disconencted from the party, please do NOT send me an invite ever. Send me a PSN message saying "Invite again" or "got disconnected" in the subject line and I'll invite you.

CoD4 still made me upset that I'm considering dumping it from CAG PSN Gaming once this month is over.

Damn it always takes me a while to get going. I finally end up playing well in the last couple games. It felt like neverlethem killed me in 1 shot every time I saw him. I loved the last game, the 2v2 hardcore, where mojimbo and I dominated tmk and darknyss :p

[quote name='Jest']Damn it always takes me a while to get going. I finally end up playing well in the last couple games. It felt like neverlethem killed me in 1 shot every time I saw him. I loved the last game, the 2v2 hardcore, where mojimbo and I dominated tmk and mak :p[/QUOTE]It was Darknyss actually, not Mak.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's alright, TMK.

Dang, good games neverletthemdown. I have finally been dethroned on Shipment. :)[/quote]

Ha, was going for the hundred. Stupid mana for taking away what could have been my 7th kill for the helicopter >_>.

Anywho, you people are impatient. I said 8:30 EST, I started up at 8:30. Chill pill required
Kidding.......

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It was Darknyss actually, not Mak.[/quote]

Oh ok :p I wasn't sure. It felt like I was just killing you exclusively, which I don't mind :bouncy:.

Meh... Sorry I couldn't make it to this weeks game but now that Mana's not hosting COD It doesn't feel as "official" I don't know, Maybe I'm just weird. The thread title is throwing me off too I think

When is the next double XP night? I know I saw the info somewhere.

And Kandal, does it always do that? Could be a hardware issue... At least that is what they told me when I was having problems with CoD (but Sony told me it was software problems... hmm). I had to send mine in for refurb, though it was locking up somewhere different.

The next double XP night should be this weekend, when they (hopefully) release the new game modes.

Hardcore Headquarters
Testing is completed for Hardcore HQ. This playlist has standard HQ rules w/ Hardcore Settings. Limited HUD, Increased Bullet Damage, and Friendly Fire Enabled.

Hardcore Ricochet Playlist
This is the No Teamkilling playlist. Any damage a teamkiller attempts to do to their team mates is reflected onto themselves only. Therefore, if they attempt to shoot an RPG into the ground at the beginning of the match; the only person who will die, is the Teamkiller. This eliminates the fear of being shot in the back by some asshole, but still encourages players to play tactically and not throw random nades, because if you accidentally hit a teammate, you’re only going to end up killing yourself and they’ll go unharmed. No Teamkilling, No Random Nades. This playlist will include the variant for Hardcore Teamdeathmatch, Hardcore Search and Destroy, and Hardcore HQ.

Sudden Death Sabotage

Sabotage with no respawns. Fast-paced and intense Sabotage. No more hiding with the bomb until time runs out for sudden death. Increased XP per kills to encourage Team Deathmatch mentality. Defend your objective, while attempting to secure the bomb and plant on theirs. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. No second chances.

Second Chance Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy with 1 respawn each. This completely revamps your Search and Destroy tactics. No longer will lucky frag or well-placed claymore end your chance of victory. Each player has 1 respawn, creating longer more thought-out attack / defend strategies. Eliminate enemy players, and cut off their reinforcements while you defuse.

Bare-Bones Team Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch with no perks and no air support.

Hardcore Free for All
Free For All with Hardcore Settings.

Team Elimination (Last Man Standing)
3 round Team Deathmatch w/ no respawns. Switch sides each round.

Multi-Bomb Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy but all attackers spawn with a bomb.

[quote name='NamPaehc']
And Kandal, does it always do that? Could be a hardware issue... At least that is what they told me when I was having problems with CoD (but Sony told me it was software problems... hmm). I had to send mine in for refurb, though it was locking up somewhere different.[/quote]

Not all the time but, usually during important night it craps out on me..

i'm excited about the new modes....

I'm almost always around for some CAG games on weekdays. I will keep an eye out more often.

[quote name='Kandal']so it may be a hardware failure =( I booted up COD4 and i'm still getting same result... DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS..[/quote]

Leave it on there for a while. Took me like, fifteen minutes for it to go away.

And are we really playing tomorrow, as the title suggests?

:( I can't make it to COD tonight because school has started and I have a ton of homework on weekdays. I will always be able to play on Thursdays and weekends though. Any chance this weekend we could get together a giant COD night? Is this weekend the release of the new game modes? Anyways I hope we can get a big game together soon!

Is Wednesday an unofficial second night now? I could try to make it to future Wednesday games, but I'm out tonight. I'll probably be playing this weekend if they're doing double XP, though. Been playing CoD2 a lot lately so I expect to dominate.
As long as nobody else has any weapons.

bread's done
Back