CAG Call of Duty 4 Night [Wednesday, 8pm EST]

Yeah, that too. I figured that would be the obvious thing. ;)

I'm an insomniac myself so I'm more alert at night, unless I didn't sleep good the night before.

COD4 is one game you cannot play tired. But the early=easy late=hard theory is definetely true..It also depends on who is in your party

i much prefer the night play its more intense.. less random nade deaths and more legitimate kills, the challenge is nice

Yea, I definitely noticed that I play much better early on than later, thats prolly due to fatigue and focus than anything else. Starting to get too addicted to this game.

Digital Crack!!! It will be funny to see no one on my friends list playing it from April 21 tilk May 5th though. I cant wait for the MGO Beta. considering the amount of news on it, It really seems like this could just be the continuation of Metal Gear w/o Snake. Kinda makes me sad...
By the way, anyone see that Europe is getting access to the beta?? No code required, completely open. So japan gets a scavenger hunt, europe gets MGO Beta, US gets ...plz be home beta

[quote name='Supreme']Yeah, I noticed that for myself too. That's because the decent/casual players play early. The more hardcore players are out in full force at night. Next time you do this, take a look at the class range of the other people. You'll notice at night that nearly everyone is prestige.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I figured that was the case. If I start at one or so, I start off pretty crappy, so I am sure that the better players play later. I can still hold my own at about 2 am, so I suppose I am getting better.

I would love to join you guys but I haven't been able to connect online for a week. I go to FIND GAME and I get the DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS... screen. Sometimes I would wait 5 minutes and it would load the menu but after waiting for more than 45min everyday I'm giving up. After that update the game is gimped for me.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']I would love to join you guys but I haven't been able to connect online for a week. I go to FIND GAME and I get the DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS... screen. Sometimes I would wait 5 minutes and it would load the menu but after waiting for more than 45min everyday I'm giving up. After that update the game is gimped for me.[/quote]

I've got a friend who has this problem. He has to wait like a half hour at the "Downloading Game Settings" screen every time he wants to play online. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your router. He thinks its because his is across the house from his ps3, but I don't know if distance has anything to do with it, could just be certain brands.

As a warning to everyone, I may be a little late since I still gotta eat and take a shower.

Once I am on, I WILL send all the invites to people and run the private game (so those on my buddy list, do not worry about inviting me since you will all be in my private game).

Damn, I've been telling myself I was gonna join one time, but have been to lazy to post. Anyway, if somebody who usually plays/hosts could add me to their friends list, that would be great. Can't wait to get in on this next week :).

PSN: neverletthem

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I've got a friend who has this problem. He has to wait like a half hour at the "Downloading Game Settings" screen every time he wants to play online. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your router. He thinks its because his is across the house from his ps3, but I don't know if distance has anything to do with it, could just be certain brands.[/quote]

All my other games work fine except for COD4. Is it the same for your friend too? Some of my friends had this problem when the game came out but now it's fine for them. The other problem I have is that my PS3 keeps freezing when a map loads in split screen mode. I can't complain on Infinity War's forums because it has been down for a long time. How convenient.:bomb:

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Nice set of games lads. Always fun messing about with the regulars. :)[/quote]

Damn your good on Hardcore. How the hell did you went 30-5 on shipment? I can only last for two seconds on shipment before I get killed.

Everyone who left early missed out on the best match of the night, Headquarters on Shipment. I was 98-47. So close to 100 kills!

All right, that was great. I ended up about the time I expected, but I wish more still stayed. Oh well, thank you all for showing up and I'll see you all later.

Bad news is I cannot host next week, but the week after (and every week after that), I can host all private matches.

That last game was crazy. I used the sub-AK with double tap and still didn't survive long enough to run out of ammo. It was fun finally getting a chance to play, ever other time I would get kicked from the group after every game and hanging on the loading parts.

[quote name='blueweltall']Damn your good on Hardcore. How the hell did you went 30-5 on shipment? I can only last for two seconds on shipment before I get killed.[/quote]

Was luck. I managed to get a 5 streak and then the rest is history. On that map an airstrike always gets 3-5 people. At worst you only have to pop another 1-2 people and you get another.

You know I used to be better on regular and lame on hardcore, but now its reversed. Good or not, between you and M1 you guys drive me nuts the amount of times you get me.

Why did everyone leave after that Hardcore on Vacant? My ps3 froze after it, so I thought maybe Mana's server went down (or all my accidental team killing killed it). Guess it was just time for everyone to leave?

That was fun. Last game was just nuts. I didn't even know you could have hardcore on other gametypes, that made it that much better. Hope to join you guys next time if I'm free again.

Hey, guys, I am most likely going to give my cousin my psn account. It has Warhawk on it and my cousin just got a ps3 and tomorrow I am going to set up his network. He really wants warhawk and cod4 so I thought that i could give him my psn account. In return I'd be getting a 20gb 360 HDD so I thinks its a fair deal. Not a problem for me on PSN since I jsut can make a new account, but now I got to pick a new name, which is always a bitch... I want to have the same one for psn and xbl when I get a 360, so I tried to find on that was open on both psn and a gametag not taken. I havent come up with a lot bt this is what I got so far...

xMrVengeancex I don't know how I should do that one, XMrVengeanceX or xMrVENGEANCEx
I like xMrVengeancex the best so far...
Oldboy4 ehhh idk

Thats it right now, its really hard to find a name that isnt taken on both consoles... Any suggestions...

p.s. I wanted to play tonight but I had a lot of work to take care of...

I would have played tonight if my friends hadn't come over to watch a movie.

I should be free to play next Saturday. If anyone wants to play during the week, and you aren't on my friends list, well...friend me, and PM me on here. I usually play anywhere between 11 pm and 2 am central.

Ok so I am officially giving my psn account, V4oLDbOY to my cousin. My new one is going to be MrOldboy, I tried to add everyone on my list from cag and sent a mass message thing. I might still play Warhawk on occasion, since my cousin said he wouldn't change my password. But if anyone wants to add me, I'll still play COD4, hopefully I'll be able to play next cag night.

MrOldboy

To ask everyone, did you run into connection issues causing some of you to leave the game? I only ask because many appeared to have left. I was wondering if people ran into some issue or just chose to left. Thanks.

I got a "game lobby closed" message twice. After the first time, I didn't get an invite so I left. Then when I came back I saw that naes sent me an invite, but when I joined the lobby closed again. Probably not a connection issue, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I came across something weird today. I leveled up to 43 and unlocked the Desert Eagle. When I went to check it out, I wasn't able to pick it and said it would unlock at level 43. Am I missing something here?

[quote name='Supreme']I got a "game lobby closed" message twice. After the first time, I didn't get an invite so I left. Then when I came back I saw that naes sent me an invite, but when I joined the lobby closed again. Probably not a connection issue, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I came across something weird today. I leveled up to 43 and unlocked the Desert Eagle. When I went to check it out, I wasn't able to pick it and said it would unlock at level 43. Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]What time was it because I closed at 10:30pm EST.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What time was it because I closed at 10:30pm EST.[/quote]

That's when I got the second one and figured everyone just left.

I decided to try some other game modes last night and I couldn't figure out Sabotage. What's the point? What's the strategy? I still don't like TDM much, but I'm getting better at it. Domination is still my favorite, but some of the other modes seem like a nice change of pace.

We do domination the least, since it's my least favorite. I forget what the type of game is I like to play most (It's the one we have to capture the objective or whatever).

I was wondering where you were torifile, because I was looking at having a CoD4 night on a weekday or something so you could get in with us.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']We do domination the least, since it's my least favorite. I forget what the type of game is I like to play most (It's the one we have to capture the objective or whatever).
[/quote]
Headquarters? It's like Domination with only 1 objective. ;) Domination is 3 times the fun! Seriously, though, I like Domination because you don't need to wait to respawn and you can just get to the point of the game - which is capturing the flags.
I was wondering where you were torifile, because I was looking at having a CoD4 night on a weekday or something so you could get in with us.
Thanks, TMK.

I've been very hit and miss lately but I'm going to be back on most nights between 10:30 and midnight (eastern time). I don't have many people in my friends list, but when I'm on, I always check to see if anyone's on. I'll be on later tonight. (I wish IW would add rumble to the game now that the DS3 is out - I miss it from the 360.)

I'm usually not able to host during the week, which explains why there is a lack of games during the week, but in two weeks, I should be able to host a lot over the week (since I should be finishing college and all).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm usually not able to host during the week, which explains why there is a lack of games during the week, but in two weeks, I should be able to host a lot over the week (since I should be finishing college and all).[/quote]

We have plenty of smaller CAG games throughout the week, mostly just impromptu though

bread's done
Back