CAG Car Thread!

We picked up my hubby's STI yesterday

It woke up our neighborhood this morning
(I had them put some modified exhaust on it at the factory, maybe not such a good idea :lol: )

attachicon.gif
IMG_0886.JPG
I always liked the front end of the TSX and my wife would love it in white. Nice!

Just washed and waxed my G37 this weekend. Love that car.

Nice! I don't see too many STI's in red, mostly blue and black.
Mostly blue around here too. Most of the new WRX's I've seen are either blue or silver and hardly anything else. I'm going to make it a goal of mine to only own black cars in my life. :rofl:

More bad luck on the car front for me too. Short version: Buy a good jack and jack stands do your own seasonal wheel/tire changes.

Long version:

Finally had my summer shoes put on this morning and the fucking tech drove into an unfinished granite curb. I didn't think it at the time because I knew I had a broken clip and figure he popped the bumper because was just rough swapping tires, easy fix so no big deal. Also noticed that the traction control was off too. Mentioned those things to the manager and he offered to give me a free alignment. I'd rather pay to get it right than free and get it wrong. Again no big deal since there's no where to hoon the car and no added miles. Get home and realized that the "fangs" of my bumper were rashed up and went straight back to the tire place after unloading the winter shoes. After some inspection, manager says he'll make it right and said that something DID happen, but can't cop to the extent of the damage because the bumper is scraped on the bottom. The tech hit the curb hard enough to spider crack the paint, deform the fangs, and pop two clips out. One of which I happened to find on the ground where the car was originally parked while I was discussing this with the manager. WTF.

If it wasn't for the spider cracked paint and deformed fangs, I'd accept a shitty touch up job, but now I want a new bumper. The spider crack requires a respray to fix and you'd have to be a real artist to fix the warped part of the bumper.

I've had so much shitty luck with this car that I'm about ready to trade the thing in when the 2016 WRX's are out this fall. People can't seem to not fuck it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly blue around here too. Most of the new WRX's I've seen are either blue or silver and hardly anything else. I'm going to make it a goal of mine to only own black cars in my life. :rofl:

More bad luck on the car front for me too. Short version: Buy a good jack and jack stands do your own seasonal wheel/tire changes.

Long version:

Finally had my summer shoes put on this morning and the fucking tech drove into an unfinished granite curb. I didn't think it at the time because I knew I had a broken clip and figure he popped the bumper because was just rough swapping tires, easy fix so no big deal. Also noticed that the traction control was off too. Mentioned those things to the manager and he offered to give me a free alignment. I'd rather pay to get it right than free and get it wrong. Again no big deal since there's no where to hoon the car and no added miles. Get home and realized that the "fangs" of my bumper were rashed up and went straight back to the tire place after unloading the winter shoes. After some inspection, manager says he'll make it right and said that something DID happen, but can't cop to the extent of the damage because the bumper is scraped on the bottom. The tech hit the curb hard enough to spider crack the paint, deform the fangs, and pop two clips out. One of which I happened to find on the ground where the car was originally parked while I was discussing this with the manager. WTF.

If it wasn't for the spider cracked paint and deformed fangs, I'd accept a shitty touch up job, but now I want a new bumper. The spider crack requires a respray to fix and you'd have to be a real artist to fix the warped part of the bumper.

I've had so much shitty luck with this car that I'm about ready to trade the thing in when the 2016 WRX's are out this fall. People can't seem to not fuck it up.
Damn, that sucks man.

When I lived in MA I had to drive to Rhode Island to get a white one with gold wheels (it was in 2003 when they first came out here). There's no shame in holding out or traveling for the car want.

Damn I miss that car.

I applaud you good sir! Is your wife a contortionist? I can't imagine there being a lot of room in the front with the rear-facing baby seat.

That is...unless YOU'RE the contortionist!
Haha, actually, there's more room in the front then you would think, the main problem really is that the front seat is pretty much straight up and down. It works for short drives. :)

Discovered another existing mod on my car.(knew it wasn't stock but hadnt looked into it). That's always fun.

Finally got my ass behind the wheel of a WRX and I REALLY like it. It handles great and I'd say it's 80-90% of the BRZ in terms of feel. It's not as comfy as the TLX, but I think the WRX looks way better and handles the extra weight better too. The Boss gave approval, so it looks like a WRX is in the future. I was actually surprised at how big the interior feels compared to the Lexus IS. If there's one thing from the STi I'd want, it'd be the sliding door for the cup holders in the console...and the rims...and the park bench spoiler...haha

Holy shit the stock exhaust is loud though. Windows down and you Really hear it rumbling. Now I get it when qbanita says the STi is LOUD. Turbo was fun and this thing is QUICK. Too bad it's wasted on me since I don't particularly drive fast.

Time to say goodbye to the BRZ. It's love, but sometimes you jjust have to say goodbye when too many bad things happen. :cry:

Ya, it is! And we added some other exhaust option on it from the factory so it's super loud :lol:

We're actually debating trading in my flex for a wrx for me. (His and hers according to my husband)

Went to go buy the last black WRX Limited with Nav in New England this morning and someone swept it out from under me while we were about to do the test drive. I guess I'll have to wait for the 2016 after all.

Ya, it is! And we added some other exhaust option on it from the factory so it's super loud :lol:

We're actually debating trading in my flex for a wrx for me. (His and hers according to my husband)
Get a BRZ instead. Trust me!

Went to go buy the last black WRX Limited with Nav in New England this morning and someone swept it out from under me while we were about to do the test drive. I guess I'll have to wait for the 2016 after all.

Get a BRZ instead. Trust me!
Brz will not work with a baby

Brz will not work with a baby
Sure it does! Especially since I'm 5'6 and mom is 5 even! Infant seat fits perfectly behind the passenger seat and you don't even have to lift it over your waist. You can just slide the seat onto the base.

And soulvengeance is talking about this:

2015-eos.jpg

I can't even imagine trying to take her out of the back like that, and I'm 5'8 not too tall but I have long legs and usually put my seat all the way back :0

I picked up another 240Z last week. Fiance isn't exactly thrilled that I've added another project, but this one doesn't actually need a ton of work. For those keeping score at home, I now have 5 cars - yes, I have a problem lol.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25394]

Since I haven't posted in a while, here are a few bonus shots of the two I keep at home. It was the first time I had them both clean at the same time so I figured I needed to memorialize it with some photos.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25397]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25396]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25395]

Since I haven't posted in a while, here are a few bonus shots of the two I keep at home. It was the first time I had them both clean at the same time so I figured I needed to memorialize it with some photos.
Wait, you own a Corvette, a Mustang, and a 350z?!?! Those are like the three cars on my list to get! I've been wanting to get another Mustang since I had to get rid of this beauty before I went back to college:

[attachment=13993:mustang gt.jpg]

96 GT, supercharged, it was quite a beast, although absolutely terrible on gas. :)

Wait, you own a Corvette, a Mustang, and a 350z?!?! Those are like the three cars on my list to get! I've been wanting to get another Mustang since I had to get rid of this beauty before I went back to college:

attachicon.gif
mustang gt.jpg

96 GT, supercharged, it was quite a beast, although absolutely terrible on gas. :)
I was always a Ford guy more or less, but I just couldn't pass up the C7. The Z cars are my favorite cars of all time. The 350Z was my daily driver for about 10 years and the thing was absolutely bulletproof. I took good care of it, but I also tracked it several times and it took it like a champ, even on a rough track like Sebring. I still have it, but it's currently parked in my parents' driveway and they're starting to get on me about getting rid of it. I hate to let it go but I'm not using it anymore and its just sitting. The C7 is my new daily driver and it's phenomenal. I had to take a road trip to Gainesville this past weekend to go to a wedding and for 600+ miles I averaged 25+ mpg. Unfortunately for me, I only have a single car garage so I keep the Mustang in it and the Corvette outside. The 350Z is in my parents driveway, the 1972 240Z is in their garage, and the 1970 240Z is at my dad's business currently. The next step is to get a house with a bigger garage, but we're waiting until after our wedding to move (only about three more months).

Sure it does! Especially since I'm 5'6 and mom is 5 even! Infant seat fits perfectly behind the passenger seat and you don't even have to lift it over your waist. You can just slide the seat onto the base.
I've seen it in person and can vouch for it fitting :)

Finally got my ass behind the wheel of a WRX and I REALLY like it. It handles great and I'd say it's 80-90% of the BRZ in terms of feel. It's not as comfy as the TLX, but I think the WRX looks way better and handles the extra weight better too. The Boss gave approval, so it looks like a WRX is in the future. I was actually surprised at how big the interior feels compared to the Lexus IS. If there's one thing from the STi I'd want, it'd be the sliding door for the cup holders in the console...and the rims...and the park bench spoiler...haha

Holy shit the stock exhaust is loud though. Windows down and you Really hear it rumbling. Now I get it when qbanita says the STi is LOUD. Turbo was fun and this thing is QUICK. Too bad it's wasted on me since I don't particularly drive fast.

Time to say goodbye to the BRZ. It's love, but sometimes you jjust have to say goodbye when too many bad things happen. :cry:
Not sure if you listen to autoblog podcast but a few of the guys are WRX fanboys. They have been reporting quality issues with their long term model. Might spend some time on the Subie sites and see if that is common.

Oh and I was at the local cruise night and Hellcat parked next to me. Several of the panels paint didn't match......

Had Several people interested in my car, getting tempted to sell....

The C7 supply has finally caught up with demand saw a used one at a local dealer and the prices are now even lower than I expected. If anyone is looking you could probably negotiate a bit on new ones now.

Not sure if you listen to autoblog podcast but a few of the guys are WRX fanboys. They have been reporting quality issues with their long term model. Might spend some time on the Subie sites and see if that is common.
I've been lurking some WRX forums and beyond some gas door issues and dealerships having service writers hit deers, I haven't read anything out of the ordinary. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru. :lol:

Looks like the 2016 WRX has been announced and it's going to cost me at least another grand $1500 BUCKS to get one with the nav package compared to the 2015 with nav. :rofl:

Hopefully I can have one by the middle of June so I can take it on a road trip to Toronto with the fam.

Then again, at $36k after taxes and other junk, I feel like there are other options I should explore...

Looks like the 2016 WRX has been announced and it's going to cost me at least another grand $1500 BUCKS to get the nav package. :rofl:

Hopefully I can have one by the middle of June so I can take it on a road trip to Toronto with the fam.
For less money you could by a far superior Pioneer 8100NEX that has Android Auto and Air Play. Might be putting one in my wife's car this summer.

For less money you could by a far superior Pioneer 8100NEX that has Android Auto and Air Play. Might be putting one in my wife's car this summer.
True, but I also want push-button start and keyless access. I CAN'T GO BACK TO TAKING THE KEY OUT OF MY POCKET!!!!! IT AIN'T BALLER!!!!!

True, but I also want push-button start and keyless access. I CAN'T GO BACK TO TAKING THE KEY OUT OF MY POCKET!!!!! IT AIN'T BALLER!!!!!
Couldn't you add all three options in aftermarket for cheaper? Not sure, but it may just be nice having factory options, rather than aftermarket?

Couldn't you add all three options in aftermarket for cheaper? Not sure, but it may just be nice having factory options, rather than aftermarket?
I'm sure I could, but I have a 1 year old and no garage, so I don't have the time or place to fux wit dat shizz. Hell, I don't even have time to wash my car now! :lol:

Msrp on the car itself went up $400 which added 18's and the infotainment system from the rest of their line, which isn't terrible value. It's the $4000 push-start, keyless access, nav, upgraded speakers, blindspot bullshit, and crash minimizing doodads with 3 years of map updates package that really hits the wallet hard. MY 2015 was "only" $2500 for the package without the blindspot/crash bullshit and map updates, which wasn't a terrible value.

I'm already at invoice price that includes shipping from across the country, so hopefully there'll be some dealers close to me that will get close to it. Too bad I'm not in the PNW or else I'd be $900 below invoice and seal the deal.

I go this weekend to Subaru to see about trading in my car for a wrx, while I can drive stick it's not something I like so I'm going to see how the automatic with paddle shifters work

I love paddle shifters mwahahahaha

I go this weekend to Subaru to see about trading in my car for a wrx, while I can drive stick it's not something I like so I'm going to see how the automatic with paddle shifters work

I love paddle shifters mwahahahaha
WRX auto is a CVT I believe....

Been removing all the fuel hose on my monster the last few days. Ahhh, the smell of Torco in the afternoon

WRX auto is a CVT I believe....
Yes it is and it's not that bad actually. It doesn't "search for 'gears'" between 7-15mph, which is my commute everyday.

That reminds me, someone in my condo bought a garage queen 04 S2000 with 12k miles for $17k in yellow. She told me she always wanted one...haha. I think she had a prelude a couple years ago too. The seats on my BRZ are more wrinkled than hers! :rofl:

Test drove the wrx automatic, definitely loved it but with my trade in its not possible right now :(

I did go drive a ct200h the little lexus hybrid f type and it wasn't that bad surprisingly, awesome on gas. 

I'm torn….I love the sound on the wrx D:

But i do love that 40 mpg. 

Test drove the wrx automatic, definitely loved it but with my trade in its not possible right now :(

I did go drive a ct200h the little lexus hybrid f type and it wasn't that bad surprisingly, awesome on gas.

Yeah, the CT200h is a pretty nimble car! If it wasn't for the WRX, I think I'd be in one right now and was a big contender for replacing my RSX before the production BRZ was announced.

On the WRX front, I think I'm about to put in an order this week. Then comes the LONG wait...

Have a question for those with tinted windows and auto-dim mirrors:

What's your experience with that combo? Does it seem redundant? Any other feedback is welcome.

Thanks all!

Have a question for those with tinted windows and auto-dim mirrors:

What's your experience with that combo? Does it seem redundant? Any other feedback is welcome.

Thanks all!
I recommend it. Some headlights are still bright with the tints so it's nice having the auto-dim mirrors. I've never felt it was too dark to see what was behind me.

Mazda 3 gets 40 and is much better received. Won every comparison test it's been in I think. And Mazda just won the Consumer Reports best overall brand rating(resale, reliability, and driving performamce.)

Don't think a brand has ever been ranked top by enthusiast mags AND CR before.

bread's done
Back