CAG FIGHTING GAME THREAD Vol. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mcgavin27']not sure whether i should laugh or feel pity for you...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for coming.

Please don't feel pity for me.

Go along your normal day, thanks for posting!

nah, no evil sakura in a2, but there was evil ryu..

there was some trick or something though where you could unlock more colors for sakura, one of them being the dark skinned one i think

damn i haven't played a2 in forever

[quote name='MarkMan']IIRC you can select Dark Sakura in Street Fighter Alpha 2 couldn't you?[/QUOTE]

i think it was Alpha 2 Gold, it sounds vaguely familiar

I hope JoJo's Bizarre Advetures for the ps1 is good. ordered it today.

I'm up for some fighting on LIVE and/or MAME tonight... who's game?

for xbox i got:

SF:AC
GGXX
CvS2
DOA:U
MK: D
SvC Chaos
Kof 02/03

and possibly a couple others I'm forgetting :) For mame i got pretty much anything.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm up for some fighting on LIVE and/or MAME tonight... who's game?

for xbox i got:

GGXX
CvS2
SvC Chaos
Kof 02/03

and possibly a couple others I'm forgetting :) For mame i got pretty much anything.[/QUOTE]

I have SF:AC, GGXX, CvS2, DOA:U, and Kof02/03. I'll be available tonight, except between...let's say 9-10:30 EST.

PM me.

Oh, and are you good? I suck. :lol:

PM sent... just finished a SF:AC series with some dude (I had 8 wins and he had 10). I assure you that my skills are decidedly average! I can go for just about any of those games now. Anyone can PM or post if they're ready to go, I'll be playing the first Silent Hill in the meantime (catching up on the oldies).

[quote name='Apossum']I hope JoJo's Bizarre Advetures for the ps1 is good. ordered it today.[/QUOTE]

it's unique and not too bad. You'll probably like parts of it.

image31vc.jpg

Quick mockup I made to show the differences.

[quote name='PhrostByte']
image31vc.jpg

Quick mockup I made to show the differences.[/QUOTE]

I always got a kick out of how Capcom always made their "Evil" characters tanned.

lol, funny joke markman. great to see us going on our 13th installment.

also, busta uppa, I"m up for some mame right now if you're still interested. pm me if you are

[quote name='MarkMan']!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryu's son: Hey dad, can I go to the mall today?
Ryu: SHORYUKEN!![/QUOTE]

that actually made me think: since Ryu is so dedicated to fighting, is the guy a virgin? we all know Ken isn't...

xmvsfken-1.gif

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that actually made me think: since Ryu is so dedicated to fighting, is the guy a virgin? we all know Ken isn't...

xmvsfken-1.gif
[/QUOTE]

i think he is.. i mean, ken's fireball has always looked somewhat the same throughout the years..

but ryu's fireball has slowly evolved from a regular fireball, to a bigger stronger fireball, to a straight up fireball with even more fucking fire on it

you know there's some frustration building up there

[quote name='MarkMan']!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryu's son: Hey dad, can I go to the mall today?
Ryu: SHORYUKEN!![/quote]So I married a gold farmer. How it happened...

I was playing EQ back in it's prime, and was sitting there hunting giants with my bard. I saw my prey, sitting there, all mine for the taking. I looked left, I looked right, no one else in sight. I buffed myself, and ran up to the giant, when suddenly, a female barb came and fought the giant! I was of course angry, because I needed the money and it took me like 20 minutes just to get there. So, after the battle was done, I came up to the monk...

BardL says: Hey! That was my kill.

HotMonk says: ...sorry, me.

BardL says: I don't care! That was bull, you know I was going to hit that damn giant.

HotMonk says: ...NeedMoney?

BardL says: Yeah! I need the money!

HotMonk says: ...My job, make money.

Ah ha! I knew it! A gold farmer! My skill in Chinese paid off, as I found out her name was "Sue" and that she was working for a certain online farming company I will not discuss here. After a conversation, I had found out that she was just farming gold to go school and that hours are horrible. Her job was to play from 8AM-8PM and often made just enough to get by, she said she can't talk too much because if her boss saw that she could be fired. Of course, after that conversation, I said good luck, nice meeting you, went back to town, and logged out.

Next day, I logged back on, went to my old hunting ground, and discovered "Sue" was there once again. Finally giving up, I said "Hey, how about we kill the giants together? I'll split the money with you half-half?". She agreed and we then laid waste to every giant that came across our path. Once in a while, I would ask her where she worked at, what the other workers are like, and what her home is like. After many sessions like this, I suppose you could say we became friends. Off and on when I logged on, I would meet "Sue" and we would endless grind against the digital monsters that needed to die. Finally, one day of playing out of bordom, she told me she needed to work another year in order before she can go to school again.

I said "Well, can I send you money over the mail for school?"

She said "No, no thank you" and once again we laid waste to the digital monsters.

At work about two weeks later, I was making a trip, to guess where? Hong Kong. Getting off the plane, I found the company of which "Sue" had worked for, and decided to stop on by. After knocking on a huge brass door, I was greeted by the owner, a man who was balding and had very horrible teeth. He said "Can I help you?" and I replied "I would like to speak to one of your workers please. Her name was 'Sue'."

He said no, and slammed the door. The next day, I came back and knocked the door and asked again. The owner asked why I wanted to talk to the girl, I said because I thought I could help her with her school/money problems. The owner told me to hold on, while he got "Sue". "Sue" stepped out, and the owner and her both looked at me puzzled. "Sue" was a beautiful northern pale Chinese girl, with long black hair and dark eyes, I instantly fell in love. I then told them both who I was on EQ, and that I was going to donate money for "Sue" to go to school.

The owner, laughed, and said "You want to donate money to this pathetic worker? Ha, she is worthless." Of course, I said "Excuse me, but you are acting rude, I just wanted to see if I could help, you should not treat your workers like that."

That is when the owner got angry.

In a fury, the owner then threw a punch at me, luckily, I dodged it and said in Chinese "This is for the workers", pulled out my stun gun, and zapped him with it on the leg. He suddenly went down, twitching. I, of course, panicked a bit at the time, worried if he was ok or not, when suddenly I heard shouting from the windows above, and that is when I suddenly saw men in black on the roof.

"Oh! No! The Ninjas!" "Sue" screamed, I of course knew what I had to do.

One of the ninjas shot a arrow at me from a bow, but I caught the arrow in midflight towards my sweetheart, glared at the ninja on the above roof, and chucked it back at him like a javalin. The arrow went right into his torso. The other ninjas then jumped from the two-story roof, and landed next to me.

"No more Mr. Nice Guy..." I said while crouching. I then did a tiger upercut into one of the ninjas, knocking him flat. Then, I grabbed the K.O. ninja and procced to use him as a weapon to fight the other ninjas. I was able to fend off the ninjas till "Sue" and I could get into a taxi cab. Finally, with no where to go, I said "Sue, from the moment I chatted with you, I knew I was in love with you." She sighed and we embraced on the flight back... to guess where? America.

Today Sue and I are married happily. She does not know that I play WoW because I am afraid she would get jealous (Of course, I don't play for possible love interest, I am happy as a clam there, just because WoW is a fun and addictive game XP). We are expecting a child soon.

Just remember, gold farmers are people too.

CREDIT 2 SOKRIM

BLAME MARKMAN 4 THIS

just played some MAME with Gigan

I controlled most of MK II and he controlled most of SFA3, with some truly nasty combo ownage!

GGS man!

[quote name='kristianator']i think he is.. i mean, ken's fireball has always looked somewhat the same throughout the years..

but ryu's fireball has slowly evolved from a regular fireball, to a bigger stronger fireball, to a straight up fireball with even more fucking fire on it

you know there's some frustration building up there[/QUOTE]

very good observation... plus his yelling seems more stressed each game...

Just as a minor favor: if anyone down the line sees someone in the trading forum here on CAG that has a copy of Destrega for trade... it's an old fighting game I rented a long ass time ago I forgot about. It plays kinda funny, but is like a mix of eihgrez and powerstone...

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']B:L - Do I really gotta read all that crap? Does it have anything to do with fighting games?[/QUOTE]

I skipped over it actually...

Whee! New thread.

Has anyone tried out any of these games yet:

-KOF Orochi Collection
-Art of Fighting Collection
-Spectral vs. Generation

I've pondered buying all 3 lately, but I can't decide....

I'm mostly interested in the SNK games as I collect SNK fighters, but I might just wait til they're dirt cheap.

Matrimelee (I can't remember the Japanese title) is out next week and KOF XI and NESTS collection are out next month! WOO HA!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']seeing how SNK is going, i wouldn't be surprised to see it on Wii ;)[/quote] Sounds exciting as long as they support a joystick am all over it. although a ps2 release would be better

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm up for some fighting on LIVE and/or MAME tonight... who's game?

for xbox i got:

GGXX
CvS2
SvC Chaos
Kof 02/03

and possibly a couple others I'm forgetting :) For mame i got pretty much anything.[/quote]I'll send you an f request. I mainly play 3s and I only use Hugo or ryu. i'm easy wins:bomb:

after a long time of reading about it, checking out screenshots and videos, and what not.. i finally played spectral vs. generation for the first time like a few weeks ago

seriously.. buy something else

[quote name='kristianator']after a long time of reading about it, checking out screenshots and videos, and what not.. i finally played spectral vs. generation for the first time like a few weeks ago

seriously.. buy something else[/QUOTE]I had never even heard of this game until I saw it at 8 On The Break. It was awkwardly housed in an old Killer Instinct cabinet. I wasn't sure if the buttons were messed up or if the game just controls really bad. But from this thread, I'm getting the impression that the game ain't much!!!!

on an unrelated note, my head still hurts from all those Final Atomic Busters last night :p Later on I played some more MK2 with this other dude from Mortal Kombat Online. Those were some crazy fun matches. I prefer UMK3 but MK2 was getting some major lovin' last night. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before that gets released on the Xbox Live arcade as well.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Whee! New thread.

-KOF Orochi Collection
-Spectral vs. Generation

I'm mostly interested in the SNK games as I collect SNK fighters, but I might just wait til they're dirt cheap.

Matrimelee (I can't remember the Japanese title) is out next week and KOF XI and NESTS collection are out next month! WOO HA![/QUOTE]

spectral is a poorman's guilty gear, and is so not worth the price. stay away from this one like the plague. you won't be missing anything

orochi collection is good because it's got 96:) as with all of snk's collection discs, i find the default sound levels to be too loud. you can change the bgm from the original arcade sounds to arranged. controls are responsive and the load times after the initial game load are almost nonexistant. plus 96-7 has the option of being in english so you won't feel too alienated.

I haven't touched art of fighting (didn't even realize it was out) but as soon as i get my hands on a copy, I'll fill you in.

gg's last night busta his MK game is phenomenal, even though i know he was holding back. I got one lucky win in the beginning (beginner's luck) but he owned my ass in MK2.

busta was then a victim of my zangief, and i showed him some crazy karin and cody combos (nothing fancy just some juggling).busta's got a good blanka and chun li. I'd say his chun li is his best character judging from out bouts (from a techinical standpoint).

[quote name='Gameboy415']Whee! New thread.

-KOF Orochi Collection
-Spectral vs. Generation

Matrimelee (I can't remember the Japanese title) is out next week and KOF XI and NESTS collection are out next month! WOO HA![/QUOTE]

i've got orochi (kinda) but haven't played it yet. from what i understand it's just 95, 96 and 97, warts and all.

haven't seen one good thing about S v G

Art of Fighting collection sounds good.

glad I could be of little help ;)

argh, Melty Blood Act Cadenza got delayed :( but alpha collection is almost here.

i have a feeling we're going to get 2 alpha 3's. one arcade perfect version and a triple upper one with above mentioned dark sakura et al. fo course, i know i'm wrong, but a man can dream can't he?;)

[quote name='gigan54']i have a feeling we're going to get 2 alpha 3's. one arcade perfect version and a triple upper one with above mentioned dark sakura et al. fo course, i know i'm wrong, but a man can dream can't he?;)[/QUOTE]

If I were the capcom president, I'd do the same thing. Hell, I'd put all the SF games on one disc with extra features, and the movie with the Chun-Li shower scene intact. Actually, I'd cut out the whole movie and only have the Chun Li shower scene on the disc.

[quote name='Apossum']If I were the capcom president, I'd do the same thing. Hell, I'd put all the SF games on one disc with extra features, and the movie with the Chun-Li shower scene intact. Actually, I'd cut out the whole movie and only have the Chun Li shower scene on the disc.[/QUOTE]

I got the Director's Cut on VHS. The Vega vs Chun Li fight is probably the coolest fight in anime history. About 6-7 threads back we might have disscused this, but then what haven't we disscused.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I got the Director's Cut on VHS. The Vega vs Chun Li fight is probably the coolest fight in anime history. About 6-7 threads back we might have disscused this, but then what haven't we disscused.[/QUOTE]

I should get around to watching it. I'm out of movies right now, maybe I'll watch it tonight.

[quote name='rockmanSF3 at GameFAQs']Really hope so. There are still 2 new things, that have yet to be revealed...
They're sure keeping us in suspense with SFA3 :)[/quote]
By "things", he's refering to screenshots. Here's my response:

[quote name='me at GameFAQs'] I bet one of them will be Ingrid... the other..... um.... tough one.... could it BE.... HAGGAR?!?!?!

I called it first. :)[/quote]

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I got the Director's Cut on VHS. The Vega vs Chun Li fight is probably the coolest fight in anime history. About 6-7 threads back we might have disscused this, but then what haven't we disscused.[/QUOTE]

I love the fact that M. Bison goes after Ryu in the end with a 18 wheeler... It should be a super in the actual games ;)

I want to point out that I still can't get over how much Paul Phoenix looks like a slightly younger Mel Gibson in Tekken Tag Tournament.

had some nice fighting game related scores today--

--Akuma SF:Anniversary pad for $5 at blockbuster. I'm thinking of collecting a full set of these. but I know I'll just sell them in a few months...

--KOF 2002+2003 for the PS2 at Gamestop-- 17.50. Had to have this sent from another store-- the game is impossible to find. gets stupid prices on ebay too ($50 compared to $10-15 for the live enabled xbox version) finally, the hunt for it is over :)

Oh yeah I almost forgot.

A few things about Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Capcom Classics Collection 2.

SFA Anthology will feature an arcade perfect port of SFA2. There will be TWO versions of Alpha 3. The arcade mode, and an Alpha 3 Arranged which has extra characters(including Dark Sakura).

Capcom Classics Collection 2 will have an arcade emulated version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. FTW.

Good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back