CAG FIGHTING GAME THREAD Vol. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
there we go...now why didn't capcom announce this at E3?

oh well, whatever, shower scene ism 4TW. I also demand giant enemy crab ism (each character has a weak point...)

[quote name='kristianator']guy with final fight ism, complete with 1 button mashing chain combos[/quote] hell yeah along with the best infinite ever
jabx2 - turnaround jab, jabx2 ...

[quote name='kristianator']damns yo

http://img34.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc108&image=98079_8771_5.jpg

marvel ism?
sf3 ism?
vampire ism?

and marvel ism guy can fucking teleport? and there's parries? what next? you can select "shower scene" ism chun li?

consider another copy of zero generations sold.. i just put my order in on playasia[/QUOTE]Whoa where are you seeing all this info? All I see is a pic of Sakura doing a fireball. Just wondering if something got deleted from your post or if I'm just completely missing something here.

I'm sure most of this is repeat info, but here's what i've found in my 20 minutes...

--Dramatic battles in every game selectable in the menu (except pocket fighter)

Dramatic Battle stuff:
--BUT SFA3 only lets you choose one character and you are assigned a partner, which never changes (Sakura + Karin, Ryu + Ken etc.) Maybe a free choice is unlockable

--Also, in SFA3 each character has a seperate life bar and the AI is dumb on the normal level

--In SFA and SFA 2 + Gold, you can choose both characters (even 2 of the same), but you share a life bar and the AI is much harder on normal -- does lots of damage, takes lots of damage, and doesn't fall for traps as easily as in SFA3.

--In SFA1, Bison, Akuma, and Dan are available in Dramatic battle right off the bat, but not in Arcade mode.

--It's always your 2 characters vs. 1 CPU. no 1 on 2 so far, maybe it's unlockable.

Other stuff:
--There's sharpness adjustment and a smoothing filter in the Display options! Makes it look extra nice. All games look touched up from their arcade counterparts.

--no World Mode :whistle2:(

--haven't figured out how to get the extra isms, unlockable characters or anything. I assume Juni + Juli are in there since their names are in the Top 10, but it would be nice if you didn't have to put in the code every time.

--I want Sodom's truck!

--This is awesome, but are they finally done milking the Alpha series??

--I have too many fighters to play.

I should be receving my import copy of Alpha today...can't wait. I hope a new Alpha is on the horizon but i dobut it. And I to have way to many fighters to play right now. The more the better though.

Anybody else see the SF Alpha Antholgy advertisemnet on Gamefaqs? It's got the Ryu sprite from SF3, not Alpha. Kinda missleading, unless you can unlock a 3rd Strike versions of characters. (And I'll bet $100 they don't)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Anybody else see the SF Alpha Antholgy advertisemnet on Gamefaqs? It's got the Ryu sprite from SF3, not Alpha. Kinda missleading, unless you can unlock a 3rd Strike versions of characters. (And I'll bet $100 they don't)[/QUOTE]

highly doubt it, there would only be 4 characters, 5 if Yun is included in alpha 3

well, they did put Alpha 3 Guy and Cody in Final Fight One for the GBA...

Sf3ism-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-6wD5od5pw

and to get the arrange version of each game, you just have to finish arcade mode. and there are SFA3 sprites for Alpha 1, and according to this...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/sfaanthology/news.html?sid=6151707&mode=recent

There's a world tour mode in the U.S. version!

also, there's a 480p/progressive scan mode if you hold Up + X while it's booting.

I just read all this, haven't played it since this morning. sorry if it's all old info,

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']World Tour!? Where did you see this info? I read the article, but I didn't see it.[/QUOTE]

3rd paragraph.

Can't figure out how to play the arrange modes, argh...unlocked em, can't find em.

but i found that if you hold L1+R1 over game options, you get a secret option mode, which has each arcade revision to choose from, and a 3rd "Customize" option, with a bunch of stars you can highlight. Have no idea what the stars do yet.

also, holding L2+R2 over game options gives you an "extra option" mode, where you can choose how many super bars you start with, how much energy, turn throws on and off etc.

and if you hold L1+R1+L2+R2 over "display", you can edit sprites for each character. :)

If there is a world tour mode available, I see no reason why I shouldn't get this now... jeeze, this is probably the first time capcom has actually been very plentiful with the SF series... a major first. Maybe we will in fact someday get new sprites ;)

Note: do a search on youtube.com on "Street Fighter Zero" and sot by date added and you'll get a ton og Genreations videos of all the new stuff... looks nice.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Haha. New sprites..i wish.[/QUOTE]

the thing I don't understand is that since Capcom US has rights to SF now, how the hell are the sprites going to get made properly if they ever do plan to do SF4? It's not like disney would do it >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the thing I don't understand is that since Capcom US has rights to SF now, how the hell are the sprites going to get made properly if they ever do plan to do SF4? It's not like disney would do it >_

they just don't care. as great as this new anthology is, it's the same old shit. these games are just money in the bank-- man hours + packaging only. It's like when a musician dies and they keep releasing all these greatest hits and outtake albums-- sure it's all good and there's tons of it, but none of it would ever top a new 10 song album from the artist themselves.

*Pours one out for Capcom fighters*

Next up: Street Fighter 1 Anthology! We'll get the arcade original and the Turbo GrafX version all in one package!

[quote name='Apossum']
Next up: Street Fighter 1 Anthology! We'll get the arcade original and the Turbo GrafX version all in one package![/QUOTE]

sad to say, that will probably likely happen :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']they just don't care. as great as this new anthology is, it's the same old shit. these games are just money in the bank-- man hours + packaging only. It's like when a musician dies and they keep releasing all these greatest hits and outtake albums-- sure it's all good and there's tons of it, but none of it would ever top a new 10 song album from the artist themselves.

Next up: Street Fighter 1 Anthology! We'll get the arcade original and the Turbo GrafX version all in one package![/quote]
I was playing Street Fighter at Vegas one time and I was surprised to see how shitty it was. The game is on like a 3D plane and the moves are impossible to do without button mashing.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Logically they'd release a SF3 anthology next, with New Generation, Second Impact, Third Strike, and Hyper Street Fighter III, all in one.[/quote]

The only game out of that worth playing would probably be SFIII:TS.

It's funny every E3 I hope to hear of a new 2D fighter from Capcom and every year E3 comes and goes and nothing. They don't think they will make money off of a new Street Fighter. But in Japan Guilty Gear and KOF sell decent so I don't understand. I would love to see a new Street Fighter with the High Res graphics of Guilty Gear. That would be amazing. Also there is still room for improvment and innovation with 2D fighters. Hopefully someday we will see something new from Capcom. I am getting tired of the repackaging. It's just hard to resist.

[quote name='Madskills1182']It's funny every E3 I hope to hear of a new 2D fighter from Capcom and every year E3 comes and goes and nothing. They don't think they will make money off of a new Street Fighter. But in Japan Guilty Gear and KOF sell decent so I don't understand. I would love to see a new Street Fighter with the High Res graphics of Guilty Gear. That would be amazing. Also there is still room for improvment and innovation with 2D fighters. Hopefully someday we will see something new from Capcom. I am getting tired of the repackaging. It's just hard to resist.[/QUOTE]

Actually, any 2d fighter at E3 is a good thing since they are usually never there...

i love being sick and not having to do anything...just beat this game a million times to unlock Hyper Street Fighter Zero. Too tired to experiment, but what little I could tell

--parrying is tighter than TS-- you have less time to pull it off. maybe it's more like CvS2? i dunno, i rarely touch P-groove.
--Marvel-ism is not as cool as it sounds (doesn't play anything remotely like a Vs character. I'm having a hard time finding any differences)
--Classic characters FTW
--no single player mode, just Vs. and training. you can switch to a CPU controlled player in the options, but you still have to choose the other guy. this bugs the hell out of me because I'm too lazy to pick up the other controller ;-)
--this makes it all worthwhile and pushes the game over the line from straight rehash, to rehash but with great extras

also, world mode is disconfirmed. GS added a note to their article:
"Editor's note 05/23/06: Our preview preview originally stated that Street Fighter Alpha 3 contained a World Tour mode and character customization, which is incorrect. GameSpot regrets the error."

yep, they'll regret it....especially when they taste urine in their water cooler.

The only game out of that worth playing would probably be SFIII:TS.

would be nice to kick some ass with Ibuki in DI for old times sake.

[quote name='Apossum']i love being sick and not having to do anything...just beat this game a million times to unlock Hyper Street Fighter Zero. Too tired to experiment, but what little I could tell

--parrying is tighter than TS-- you have less time to pull it off. maybe it's more like CvS2? i dunno, i rarely touch P-groove.
--Marvel-ism is not as cool as it sounds (doesn't play anything remotely like a Vs character. I'm having a hard time finding any differences)
--Classic characters FTW
--no single player mode, just Vs. and training. you can switch to a CPU controlled player in the options, but you still have to choose the other guy. this bugs the hell out of me because I'm too lazy to pick up the other controller ;-)
--this makes it all worthwhile and pushes the game over the line from straight rehash, to rehash but with great extras

also, world mode is disconfirmed. GS added a note to their article:
"Editor's note 05/23/06: Our preview preview originally stated that Street Fighter Alpha 3 contained a World Tour mode and character customization, which is incorrect. GameSpot regrets the error."

yep, they'll regret it....especially when they taste urine in their water cooler.

would be nice to kick some ass with Ibuki in DI for old times sake.[/QUOTE]

yeah, after reading their hands-on (ie. review of the import copy) report for the game I thought they were going over a totally different game...

[quote name='2poor']What game are you talking about apposum?[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, japanese version.

I hope my game save transfers the u.s. version...

There's no single player mode? Or world tour mode? Wtf? So all the game is intended for is versus play only?

[quote name='Apossum']they just don't care. as great as this new anthology is, it's the same old shit. these games are just money in the bank-- man hours + packaging only. It's like when a musician dies and they keep releasing all these greatest hits and outtake albums-- sure it's all good and there's tons of it, but none of it would ever top a new 10 song album from the artist themselves.

Next up: Street Fighter 1 Anthology! We'll get the arcade original and the Turbo GrafX version all in one package![/quote]Right On, that's why I'm downloading:cool: :)

[quote name='2poor']There's no single player mode? Or world tour mode? Wtf? So all the game is intended for is versus play only?[/QUOTE]

that's just for Hyper Street Fighter Alpha, which you unlock after beating all the games in the anthology once in arcade mode, then beating them again in their arrange modes. it's a souped up version of SFA3, but with extra -isms

but nope, no single player in it and no world tour.

[quote name='Apossum']that's just for Hyper Street Fighter Alpha, which you unlock after beating all the games in the anthology once in arcade mode, then beating them again in their arrange modes. it's a souped up version of SFA3, but with extra -isms

but nope, no single player in it and no world tour.[/quote]

Oh good. I thought the entire game was like that. Release date?

[quote name='2poor']Oh good. I thought the entire game was like that. Release date?[/QUOTE]

June 13th. DS Lite + SFAA = yay

[quote name='apokalipze2']Right On, that's why I'm downloading:cool: :)[/QUOTE]

And that's why they won't make a new Street Fighter.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']And that's why they won't make a new Street Fighter.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he'll buy it when it comes to the U.S. and just can't wait, like myself...right apokalipze?

[quote name='Apossum']I'm sure he'll buy it when it comes to the U.S. and just can't wait, like myself...right apokalipze?[/quote]Of course, I was messing around. I did the same thing with ggxx/. btw the reason we won't get street figther 4 is because it's no longer profitable for capcom.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Of course, I was messing around. I did the same thing with ggxx/. btw the reason we won't get street figther 4 is because it's no longer profitable for capcom.[/QUOTE]
How are Guily Gear and KOF still profitable though?

i dunno. Viewtiful Joe 1 was labelled as one of those great games that bombed, but Capcom had made a ton of sequels and ports. there's still a shred of hope.

well both gg and kof are big in japan so it's no surprise that those companies keep pumping out sequels and updates. with capcom selling the rights to sf to their u.s. wing it makes me doubt any possible new sf for the future. although from what i understand 3s is also big in japan so I dunno capcom is weird

Anyone here not so good in 3rd Strike and want to play some practice matches? I've been online trying to play but everyone is so damn good, it's frustrating. I've been playing SNK fighters for so long I need to get back into the Capcom groove.

I know playing people better than me makes me better, but it's no fun losing all the time.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Anyone here not so good in 3rd Strike and want to play some practice matches? I've been online trying to play but everyone is so damn good, it's frustrating. I've been playing SNK fighters for so long I need to get back into the Capcom groove.

I know playing people better than me makes me better, but it's no fun losing all the time.[/QUOTE]Later tonight, like 11-Midnightish, I'm gonna wanna get some fighter action going on. AIM "Busta Uppa" if you wanna do some 3s, I assure you my skills are decidedly mediocre. I'll also try to do some UMK3 on MAME if anyone is interested (gotta get warmed up before I play that at 8 On The Break this Saturday!).

damn it feels good to kick ass in DoA4 online again. my record got wiped too...gonna be some salty A ranks online tonight :p

[quote name='Apossum']damn it feels good to kick ass in DoA4 online again. my record got wiped too...gonna be some salty A ranks online tonight :p[/QUOTE]

When I played most the people online weren't very good. And I was using a character I never used before, Brad Wong. I went back and got DOA 3, but didn't like him that much. In DOA4 he's a much better character. They added alot of moves for him and he was alot of fun to use.

Do you think there's alot of variety with fighting styles in the game?

Is anyone else hoping against hope that a world tour mode is included in the U.S. version of Alpha Collection?

Hopefully they'll do it for an Xbox verison with online play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back