CAG FIGHTING GAME THREAD Vol. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kainzero']i dunno, i don't think it's that bad. just the community that bothers me tons.

depth is such a hard-to-define concept. i mean, talk to anyone good about sf2 and they'll you about how deep it is, which was probably all completely accidental... like say, combos =P of course, it was also slow as hell, maybe fighting games need to slow down?

as for dashing i totally do it in every 3d game now. it looks so bad in vf4 and sc. =X =X =X

and as for tekken... damn, it seems like i'm not getting better. i blew $20 on DR yesterday and i still can't block low.[/QUOTE]

oh no, I'm not saying it's bad (I love it because i don't have time to learn anything else and it's fun as hell.) just taking forever to say something simple, probably, as usual.

I'm using Hayate... aka got raped for his good stuff lol.

Kasumi is GOOD.

Might learn her.

yeah, they castrated him in 4...then again he possessed the one super broken move in 3 (except in the UK version)

Kasumi's definitely up there...soooo damn fast. I kinda dropped her to put all my time into Hitomi (less new moves to learn ;-) )

In DOA3, Hayate's cartwheel was only good in the JPN version. It was crap on the US version.

In 4 when it first came out, Hayate was GOOD. Had some of the fastest launchers in the game. Now he really has to rely much more on poking/stun for launches. Makes me sad.

His 66PK used to be NC and launch. And his 4F+K no longer launches. Soooo stupid.

could sworn it was good in the U.S. and J versions...I only played 3.1 though.

yeah, noticed I was getting my ass kicked more in story mode (about to start online soon)...I looked up changes for hitomi and saw that a bunch of her moves have been rendered unsafe. gonna have to send Team ninja a strongly worded letter about that one.

[quote name='Apossum']could sworn it was good in the U.S. and J versions...I only played 3.1 though.[/quote]Yeah, the cartwheel got nerfed. At least it's not as good as the JPN version (LOL TOURNAMENT WIN).

Gen Fu is pretty much the same after the patch. No more 236P,P wall 2 in 1 :cry:

But PPK launching stunned opponents? Hmm...

At least his stun game is intact, too. I don't think he really moved anywhere after the changes.

I am guessing Hitomi was my main since she came out to be one of the few power/speed characters. I still have a hard time finding a fighting style I like, but it's easyer for me than VF...

plus, WTF was itagaki on for most of the DoA4 endings? the kasumi one almost made my brain implode.

Damn, why did you guys have to bring up Street Fighter: The Movie Game? I had two chances at picking up that title and didnt do it, and ever since I could never find a copy thats both complete and for a reasonable price. Oh well. I know the game sucks, but I collect games from the Street Fighter series and I thought it would be a rather interesting addition to my collection :D

I'm not too big on Dead or Alive. I used to enjoy the series but not so much anymore. I did decently on Xbox Live DOA: U. I have a C rating I believe, but its gonna be awhile before I pop it in again.

okay, so I played DoA 3 and Ultimate about everyday for 2 years straight, took a 6 month break and couldn't break a C+ tonight in 20 matches. I'm going to commit seppuku!

geesearagi1vj.jpg

I ought to go through the whole list and see what's up with the patch. It's good stuff so far, makes things more interesting.

plus, WTF was itagaki on for most of the DoA4 endings? the kasumi one almost made my brain implode.

:lol: that ending is too funny. Lei-Fang's too.

Yeah, the cartwheel got nerfed. At least it's not as good as the JPN version (LOL TOURNAMENT WIN).

Gen Fu is pretty much the same after the patch. No more 236P,P wall 2 in 1

But PPK launching stunned opponents? Hmm...

At least his stun game is intact, too. I don't think he really moved anywhere after the changes.

i think they took out all the 2 in 1s (thankfully.)

wouldn't be Gen Fu without some infuriating stuns :lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060529/dr05.htm

The D-Pad thingy looks good, I hope it plays as good as it looks.

As it looks right now, I'll be importing the JPN version and getting the US one when Namco sends it.

Also if the Euro release is earlier than JPN release(which is possible), I'll be getting that too. -_- ...[/quote]They should have had those things at E3.

It's a PAIN to get used to Tekken PSP on the default pad. :bomb:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']
FabioGill1.jpg

Gill says Street Fighter needs a RESURRECTION!!![/quote]
Oh my..... :shock: Ahhh... I need to exit this thread now...

But before I do, I just have to ask: Am I the only one who enjoyed the music for Gill's stage in Street Fighter III: Third Strike?

actually, this brings up a good question for this thread:

what's a good strategy for taking down gill in 3S? I'm not too big on the game, and I can make it to Gill easily, but I have a hard time finding an exploit to the AI's poking game.

[quote name='gigan54']actually, this brings up a good question for this thread:

what's a good strategy for taking down gill in 3S? I'm not too big on the game, and I can make it to Gill easily, but I have a hard time finding an exploit to the AI's poking game.[/QUOTE]

if you want to learn a nonsensical way.. every character has some weird pattern they can use to beat gill. for example:

if you're using makoto, jump backwards, and as soon as you land do a fierce hayate (qcf+p) and it should connect. repeat over and over again.

okay, i haven't exactly playtested it a lot, but i remember this weirdly working for me waaaaay back when i first started playing this game.

for some reason, i never feel bad about not knowing how to beat bosses in fighting games. a lot of times nowadays, i just stop playing, especially in mvc2, because a boss battle just means i can't really practice my combos anymore.

[quote name='gigan54']actually, this brings up a good question for this thread:

what's a good strategy for taking down gill in 3S? I'm not too big on the game, and I can make it to Gill easily, but I have a hard time finding an exploit to the AI's poking game.[/quote]

With Urien I think it was to just keep doing the chariot rush, but I haven't played in a year so I'm probably wrong.

What is up with Bison's skin color?

Also, if I remember correctly, you can program the characters move-set as well, so I'm sure you could get created characters to play at least KIND OF like the originals.

Create-a-character's are always fun. I wonder if it'll be more detailed than SCIII.

And who's the orange cat looking guy in the top left? Is that Kintaro? if so he looks kinda stupid.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Create-a-character's are always fun. I wonder if it'll be more detailed than SCIII.

And who's the orange cat looking guy in the top left? Is that Kintaro? if so he looks kinda stupid.[/QUOTE]

yeah seriously, looks more like a female version of kintaro or something.. can anyone more familiar with mk run down that character select screen and list the characters shown? i don't recognize a lot of these, and i haven't touched mk in forever.

I already can confirm from watching too many E3 trailers that there's Akuma hair and Guile hair in the new MK... Ed Boon was saying he wanted people to be able to make fighters from other game, but this is the most legal way to do it.

as for MM getting too many TDR for PSP copies... You'll be playing it a month ahead of most people so be happy with getting too many copies ;) I may buy another PSP for the game so I can have one to modify like crazy (possibly get a PSP2TV as well) so I can play fighters on one and everything else on the other... problem is that I need to get a job soon for that :(

Yeah, I ran through character creation at E3, and they have a lot of rip-off parts to re-create popular characters.

It's still a really limited system though. SCIII's was better in that it wasn't overly ambitious to the point of utter failure.

But to each their own.

man, i can do A3 V-Ryu's hadou rave, no problem... but i can't paint the fence or shoshosho at all.

that is nuts.

[quote name='B:L']Yeah, I ran through character creation at E3, and they have a lot of rip-off parts to re-create popular characters.

It's still a really limited system though. SCIII's was better in that it wasn't overly ambitious to the point of utter failure.

But to each their own.[/QUOTE]

I know that MK's character creation is "Muscle Man" friendly... a little too friendly IMHO.

[quote name='kristianator']yeah seriously, looks more like a female version of kintaro or something.. can anyone more familiar with mk run down that character select screen and list the characters shown? i don't recognize a lot of these, and i haven't touched mk in forever.[/QUOTE]

ok top to bottom left to right.

Dont hold me to any of these im just going off of memory

1 Scorpion
2 Rain
3 Shang Tsung? maybe
4 Sub Zero
5 Kintaro
6 Reiko
7 Fujin
8 Shao Kahn
9 Sheeva
10 Shinnok
11 I think this may be the redesigned Stryker from the Order realm
12 possibly Jarek
13 Goro
14 Sektor
15 either Tanya or Nitara, im leaning more towards Nitara
16 Creat-a-character slot

as far as the shaded out characters im taking a shot in the dark here

17 Baraka
18 Bo Rai Cho
19 Hotaru maybe
20 Kira
21 Ermac
26 Ashrah
27 Shujinko
28 Sindel
29 Random
32 Rotate to next block

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I already can confirm from watching too many E3 trailers that there's Akuma hair and Guile hair in the new MK... Ed Boon was saying he wanted people to be able to make fighters from other game, but this is the most legal way to do it.

as for MM getting too many TDR for PSP copies... You'll be playing it a month ahead of most people so be happy with getting too many copies ;) I may buy another PSP for the game so I can have one to modify like crazy (possibly get a PSP2TV as well) so I can play fighters on one and everything else on the other... problem is that I need to get a job soon for that :([/QUOTE]

is there anyway to use a ps2 controller with the PSP2TV?

Fabio-gill rules. I bet he owns a unicorn.

[quote name='Apossum']is there anyway to use a ps2 controller with the PSP2TV?

Fabio-gill rules. I bet he owns a unicorn.[/QUOTE]

I hope this answers your question... it's half of the reason to get one.

psp2tv.jpeg

oh, and has anyone figured out exactly what each star does in SFZ Generations yet? (example below):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4TdeT7gUUs[/media]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope this answers your question... it's half of the reason to get one.

psp2tv.jpeg

oh, and has anyone figured out exactly what each star does in SFZ Generations yet? (example below):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4TdeT7gUUs[/QUOTE]

Wow that's interesting - I just got my copy of Zero Generations. I'd like to know about the stars as well.

1. that makes me want a psp.

2. the stars are switches for various gameplay tweaks/balances in each revision. All I know is when they are all switched on in Alpha 3, you get Alpha 3 Upper...have no idea what each individual one does.

[quote name='Madskills1182']With the PSP2TV, how is the picture quality? And where can I get one?[/QUOTE]

I've heard it's not as clear as the PSP, but that's because it's on a lrger screen. Most people who have it say it's great, but be warned... you gotta seriosly mod your PSP which is scary if you don't haev money to throw around... watch this video to see how much you gotta fix it up (very long video! scary!):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=337HMb3bu04[/media]

Many people who want TDR for PSP but don't want to play it on a PSP are considering this...

[quote name='Madskills1182']Yeah that video scared me away from doing it.[/QUOTE]

it's a good thing too. Most people think it's just a matter of removing the faceplate and adding a few things when it's actually way way more.

[quote name='2poor']Looks easy.[/QUOTE]

:lol: it looks like it could be both easy and hard... "oops, broke that..." "lost a screw... damn it..." "I'm done! wait, what's this peice?" "when did the screen have a crack in it?"

I cleaned up the inside of my PSP and realize it was a dumb idea. I lost one of the screws and it's been pissing me off for a while, but I was happy to find someone on ebay sellign spare screws. I bought some screws at ACE hardware, but none of them fit... oh well, that'll teach me to never open up my psp again.

Also, if you don't have a dust blower while opeing ur PSP, get ready to clean the thing for about 5 hours... I'm living proof >_

If anyone isn't willing to mod their psp please send it to me at 30250 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Fountain Valley, California 92703.

I will gladly mod your psp for a nominal fee and I will send you all the extra parts I find.

[quote name='2poor']If anyone isn't willing to mod their psp please send it to me at 30250 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Fountain Valley, California 92703.

I will gladly mod your psp for a nominal fee and I will send you all the extra parts I find.[/quote]Hahah, I'll stick with import/mod shops in the area, thanks.

It does look simple though. No soldering, you just have to be careful.

And you have to be careful...I know the pain of losing screws also :cry:

That's the Sega Logistics A-Stick. Let me guess you've been browsing inatekken lately? That link they posted was about 9 months old -_- hahaha. I guess it's new to them!

I wish I could get my hands on one of those A-Sticks but preorders sold out last Nov./Dec.

I'm going to be out of town this whole weekend :(

Going to the first and probably only Tekken: DR major tourney. Complete with international flavor. :)

[quote name='MarkMan']That's the Sega Logistics A-Stick. Let me guess you've been browsing inatekken lately? That link they posted was about 9 months old -_- hahaha. I guess it's new to them!

I wish I could get my hands on one of those A-Sticks but preorders sold out last Nov./Dec.

I'm going to be out of town this whole weekend :(

Going to the first and probably only Tekken: DR major tourney. Complete with international flavor. :)[/QUOTE]

yeah, straight from ina tekken. it's an awsome blog site, even if all I do is check out the links.

I envy you for going to that tourney... win one for CAG!

I really like how this guy plays ganryu...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=absx77R0k54[/media]

I am torn between picking up Jin, Ganryu, or Jack-5... I've been a jack player for a long ass time, but I want to try playing him better, but I am just starting on ganryu and jin. I'm kinda leaning towards ganryu, but I don't know :lol:

has ganryu imporved in DR? any decent new moves or improvements?

Ganryu got way worse in DR.

He was a beast in 5.0.

Ganryu was my main in 5.0 and he is one of my mains in DR. He's no where near is good. If you want to see a good player with him, check out vids of Gekitetsu. Now that's a real Ganryu.

Ganryu is still decent in DR though. Just nowhere near as powerful as he used to be(juggles nerfed, tracking way worse).

So I'm torn between importing Garou: Mark of the Wolves or Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi... I'm getting both at some point, but anybody have a suggestion as to which one would be better to get first?

[quote name='Chacrana']So I'm torn between importing Garou: Mark of the Wolves or Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi... I'm getting both at some point, but anybody have a suggestion as to which one would be better to get first?[/QUOTE]

Personally I'd get SS Ten, just cause I haven't played it yet. It's supposed to be a huge step up from SSV. But I'd imagine MOTWs is a better game. It's probably the best fighter SNK ever made IMO.

----
I've been playing a little Alpha 3 for DC. Gearing up for Alpha Anthology. I made a pretty strong Adon. His X-ism is my favorite, cause of the auto Jauguar Tooth with any kick in the air. Here's a couple Questions about Alpha 3:

Crappiest Character (besides Dan): T. Hawk
Favorite Character: Zangief
Favorite Stage: Ken's
Character you'd like to see more: Adon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back