CAG FIGHTING GAME THREAD Vol. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yeah I almost forgot.

A few things about Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Capcom Classics Collection 2.

SFA Anthology will feature an arcade perfect port of SFA2. There will be TWO versions of Alpha 3. The arcade mode, and an Alpha 3 Arranged which has extra characters(including Dark Sakura).

Capcom Classics Collection 2 will have an arcade emulated version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. FTW.

Good news.[/QUOTE]
Good news!! Nice about Alpha too.

A few things about Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Capcom Classics Collection 2.

SFA Anthology will feature an arcade perfect port of SFA2. There will be TWO versions of Alpha 3. The arcade mode, and an Alpha 3 Arranged which has extra characters(including Dark Sakura).

Capcom Classics Collection 2 will have an arcade emulated version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. FTW.

Good news.[/QUOTE]

does it have extra modes too or just characters?

Good news.[/QUOTE]

whoa back up son, is alpha 2 gold in it? that was the main selling point for me

[quote name='Kuma']whoa back up son, is alpha 2 gold in it? that was the main selling point for me[/QUOTE]

it is. If you watch the trailers for the anthology they keep showing Alpha 2 and Alpha 2 Gold.

Yeah, Alpha 2 Gold is in... But it's not clear if they're actually using A2G (with Cammy) or Zero 2 Alpha (with Dramatic Battle)

since this is a fighting game thread..

any experienced mortal kombat fighters out there...

i love challenges in the old mk1-mk3 games..

im desperately waiting for umk3 to come out for 360

i think so far ive only been able to do netplay on zsnes or w/e

[quote name='buttasuperb']That SFA Collection really needs an xbox port with online play.[/QUOTE]Yeah, seriously. I want to support this sort of thing, but I can't drum up any enthusiasm for this release since I already have the better versions of Alpha 3 for Dreamcast and PS1. I won't pay for an SFA3 that has less features than the TWO versions I already have (or three, if you wanna count GBA). However, put it online and then we'll talk.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Yeah, seriously. I want to support this sort of thing, but I can't drum up any enthusiasm for this release since I already have the better versions of Alpha 3 for Dreamcast and PS1. I won't pay for an SFA3 that has less features than the TWO versions I already have (or three, if you wanna count GBA). However, put it online and then we'll talk.[/QUOTE]
No online support is hurting this title bad. Knowing Capcom they will port it to Xbox in a few months. Well at least we can hope.

[quote name='Apossum']If I were the capcom president, I'd do the same thing. Hell, I'd put all the SF games on one disc with extra features, and the movie with the Chun-Li shower scene intact. Actually, I'd cut out the whole movie and only have the Chun Li shower scene on the disc.[/quote]

:lol:

This is why Apossum is awesome.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I got the Director's Cut on VHS. The Vega vs Chun Li fight is probably the coolest fight in anime history. About 6-7 threads back we might have disscused this, but then what haven't we disscused.[/quote]

It's definitely badass. I need to get this on DVD. Hopefully it is unedited. All I have is the edited VHS and the version on SF:AC.

Also, speaking of fighting game anime, I am probably going to watch the all of Nightwarriors this weekend since I know have both DVD volumes. Maybe Virtua Fighter also.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection info.(although I'm sure RR already read it off T-O or TZ)

Tekken bowl is back.

2 more modes will be added too. :)

1 UMD needed for vs play. But it's limited.

A little off topic, but any good sites for virtua fighter? I know virtuafighter.com but any other good ones to look into? I just started to get into it after playing 5 at e3 and want to learn more isht.

[quote name='MarkMan']Tekken: Dark Resurrection info.(although I'm sure RR already read it off T-O or TZ)

Tekken bowl is back.

2 more modes will be added too. :)

1 UMD needed for vs play. But it's limited.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I posted the info a bit earlyer, but it's news to me about the 2 other modes and the 1umd vs. I was guessing the game sharing was only for the mini games, but that's damn sweet. At least it will shut up some of the TZ guys from it costing so much to play vs. I wonder how limited it will be... probably you can only play Tekken 1 :rofl: that would still kick ass.

EDIT: found the dirt on the exact details of the game sharing and whatnot on TZ:

Story mode
The new three characters's stories will become clear
Intermissions with other characters along the way.
The old characters are unchanged?

Tekken Bowl
Up to 8 players can compete in a tournament mode
Keep getting strikes in Striker mode
Striker mode compatible with network.
Fight money can be earnt.

Game Sharing
Vs mode possible with 1 disc.
Only VS mode can be played.
Stages are set.
All characters playable.
The person who has the disc gets fight money.
Customisations are not shown.

Even with the limitations, it sounds pretty damn good. Even if there's just 3 stages, the fact that you can still get gold and choose all characters is great. I alreayd have a friend or two who I know will want to play me.

From what I hear the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology will have arranged versions of ALL the games. Probably the most important would be the arranged version of Alpha 3 which sounds like it's got all the console characters (No Maki, Eagle, World Tour, etc.), And a rumor in Alpha 3 you can play in stages from previous Alpha games:

Is this stage in Alpha 2?
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfz_fg/screen/zero3_09.jpg

for sure it's in A3. I remember beating sagat in this stage in world tour mode on my DC. it could be in A2, but I'm not sure.

Joystick fans.

HRAP2s are back in stock at VGO Network store. Still the cheapest price you'll find on the net anywhere.

And great news for QUALITY arcade stick buyers.... the Hori Real Arcade Pro SE(Seimitsu) and the Hori Real Arcade Pro SA(Sanwa) is being released again in July and VGO Network will carry it for the US market!

I'm getting 4 of those. Rarest sticks ever.

[quote name='PhrostByte']superInvaders posted pics of SFAA on the GameFAQs board... the game looks so beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was looking at those too. Can't wait to play some Alpha 2.

[quote name='MarkMan']Joystick fans.

HRAP2s are back in stock at VGO Network store. Still the cheapest price you'll find on the net anywhere.

And great news for QUALITY arcade stick buyers.... the Hori Real Arcade Pro SE(Seimitsu) and the Hori Real Arcade Pro SA(Sanwa) is being released again in July and VGO Network will carry it for the US market!

I'm getting 4 of those. Rarest sticks ever.[/QUOTE]

man... If I didn't have so much stuff to pay for I would get one of those imediatly.

Gotta admit, it's abit rediculous to be paying money for a stick when you can buy a system(used) at the same price.

But for anyone that's serious with fighting games and want the best arcade stick that's ready to go out of the box, the HRAP2 is definately worth the money and value.

I don't regret paying for any of my 30-40 joysticks. lol.

Except...

Shadowblade...

-_-

[quote name='MarkMan']Gotta admit, it's abit rediculous to be paying money for a stick when you can buy a system(used) at the same price.

But for anyone that's serious with fighting games and want the best arcade stick that's ready to go out of the box, the HRAP2 is definately worth the money and value.

I don't regret paying for any of my 30-40 joysticks. lol.

Except...

Shadowblade...

-_-[/QUOTE]

:lol: if you had a garage sale, I would be the first there. I'd rummage through all your old arcade sticks like a dog in heat ;)

here's someone using the Tekken 5 PS2 controller ports at an an arcade to their fullest... Guitar Hero style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDzbdgDWfk

and if anyone wants to, check out my article I put together for clubskill.com covering the world of boob physics:

http://www.clubskill.com/Game_Specials/3514/Boob Physics

it covers alot of fighting games, so have a look.

Speaking of clubskill I met some of them at E3 in the media lounge on the first day, nice peeps. They're from Europe right?

[quote name='MarkMan']Speaking of clubskill I met some of them at E3 in the media lounge on the first day, nice peeps. They're from Europe right?[/QUOTE]

yep, most of the staff is made up of europe blokes... I guess you could say I'm part of the US team. I'm hoping that next year I'll be at E3. I am also considering covering EVO for the website this year.

I found this somewhere and figured I'd share.

ryucoin9ko.gif

Alpha Anthology info!

NOT MY STUFF:

You can unlock:

-Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arrange (???)
-Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold Arrange (Cammy is now fully playable from the home versions)
-Street Fighter Alpha 3 Arrange (The Upper characters, but NOT Eagle, Maki, and Yun, are available)

And best of all:

HYPER STREET FIGHTER ZERO!! In this game, which is two-player only (although it does have a training mode you can fight the CPU in), just like in Hyper SF2, you get to play as every version of the Alpha characters, and fight on all the stages from all three Alpha games! Apparently all the music is there, too, and if you pick the EX "SF2 style" Ryu from SFZ2A, you even get his SF2 BGM. Sounds awesome; I was going to get this for sure, but wasn't really all that excited. Now I'm pumped for this collection!

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6175/sfaa18zt.jpg

The game and the manual:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3593/sfaa24xa.jpg

Hyper Street Fighter Zero title screen:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3093/sfaa31cu.jpg

Hyper Street Fighter Zero character select screen:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/8412/sfaa5p4wj.jpg

Alpha 2 Gold Arrange character select screen with Cammy:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2479/sfaa7p9jg.jpg

Ryu versus Zangief in Hyper Street Fighter Zero:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9334/sfaa4p7hk.jpg

Versus screen - Cammy vs. Cammy:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4920/sfaa93ms.jpg

Dan versus Cody in Hyper Street Fighter Zero:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/258/sfaa81cl.jpg

I'm glad Capcom put in some extras. I really didn't have any faith in them ;-) but I'd buy it on launch regardless.

Word on the street is it'll have the home console exclusive characters but not the handheld exclusive characters (yun, maki, eagle, ingrid[psp]) I'm still crossing my fingers that they are unlockable.

After hearing about HSFZ on SFAA I may actually pick up a copy of it... sounds way better than the SFA... I can see HSFZ becoming Evo material if it's balanced enough.

so what are your picks for the new seret characters? we've got evil sakura confirmed, and that's about it.

I belive phrostbyte started the haggar rumor (which I would love if it's true.)

could Andore be a possibility? all they would have to do is strip a few sprites from Hugo and they'd be done with him.

Maybe Poison could be in it too. oh well, only time will tell.

Actually the last shot from Capcom's page was leaked already. Here it is.
zero3_09.jpg

We don't know much about secret characters yet. This dude superInvaders on GameFAQs has been providing us with screenshots from his Japanese copy. We got this other dude on SRK saying that superInvaders is a fake... Interesting turn of events to say the least.

....!!!

here's the TDR boxart... nice work!

uljs48.jpg

also, seems that pre-orders (or maybe it's included) have a d-pad mod that looks better than the SFA3 pre-order accsessory:

uljs481.jpg

ughhh i know its trivial but i really liked having Eagle in Alpha 3.

Mark, do you have the KOF stick that came out not so long ago? just curious

that Tekken DR box art is sex

sorry for the double post but it appears that i cant edit my previous post. Does anyone know if Alpha 3 Max is out of print? EB doesnt carry it new anymore.

Kuma, I was unable to get one of the Sega Logistics control panels. :( The preorders were up and they sold out quickly during the Holiday season. I remember a friend of mine checked how much they went for on Yahoo auctions in Japan and it went for well over 375 USD. Ouch.

I dont suppose anyone from here will be at animeboston this week and/or will be participating in the game tournaments?

I may try my hand at Tekken 5 and GGXX #S

wow... if there's a vampire ism and marvel ism (are they really called that???) then I'm totally sold. I went from liking the idea of this game being released but not really caring to now wanting it very badly!

it might be a rough translation, but for the most part yeah.. like vampire ism has the vampire savior style chains and marvel ism has the vs. series style moves (but no aerial raves or anything like that)

i've just been going along with what everyone else has been learning of the game, but from what i've seen so far, it's pretty exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back