CAG Fund for Child's Play 2008 Raffle - $32,667 Raised! - Winners Posted!

[quote name='Sinnbox']I chipped in today, I was going to before christmas, but forgot to.

P.S. does anyone know how much of this goes to the kids/hospitials, and how much goes to administrative fees? I was gonna donate to what i thought was a good cause last year and my pastor showed me that over 60% of my donation went to administrative fees!![/quote]
50% to Cheapy.

[quote name='Strell']It's over THIRTY THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND[/QUOTE]

Cheapy WE WERE NOT! AH...... MASTER YODA WOULD BE PROUD.

So how do we do the gift giving away thing? Does paypal do it or do we have to do something special?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Cheapy WE WERE NOT! AH...... MASTER YODA WOULD BE PROUD.

So how do we do the gift giving away thing? Does paypal do it or do we have to do something special?[/quote]Cheapy will do the raffle and update the post with the winners. The winners are to then get into contact with the gift doner and work out shipping details.

Great job CAGS, slow start but we kicked ass last week. Lets try for $35k

[quote name='starmask2k3']can u please tell me if this ok cheapyD and add me for a sealed unreal tournment 3 faceplate[/QUOTE]cheapy can u please pm or reply here thankz

Awesome job everyone! I salute CheapyD, all the CAG's that donated (you guys are not so cheap ass when it comes to sick kids!), Gabe & Tycho & Khoo & Kristen Lindsay and all the other people at Child's Play & Penny Arcade. Last and certainly not least I would like to thank all the staff and volunteers at all of these children's hospitals all over the world. You give me hope for humanity.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I'm putting in money now. Hope it will register right since my cag account email and my paypal email is different.[/QUOTE]

if you win anything, the notification is sent to your paypal email. as far as i know, you dont even need to be a CAGer to win any of the prizes. you simply had to donate through that link.

[quote name='Kendro']Doesn't this end on December 31? Why can't I donate? ChipIn! states "This event has ended."[/QUOTE]

That's strange - I just donated $100 about 20 minutes ago - Hope it went through.

Maybe it's set to end 12/31 at some future Tokyo time which ended up being now?

[quote name='Kendro']Doesn't this end on December 31? Why can't I donate? ChipIn! states "This event has ended."[/quote]Same here. I was about to donate and see that it's closed. :whistle2:s

I think it is after 12AM in Tokyo, so that might be the case.

I emailed Cheapy about it, so hopefully, he'll figure out what the issue is.

It's 9:29am in Tokyo

If it isn't just a mistake, I'm gonna guess that maybe Cheapy ended it so he can announce the final total and raffle winners on the CAGcast .. which he and Wombat are probably recording right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, no CAGcast this week.

Yeah, sorry about that. I guess Chipin automatically took the time off my computer when I created the widget. There doesn't seem to be any method of re-opening the widget. :(

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, sorry about that. I guess Chipin automatically took the time off my computer when I created the widget. There doesn't seem to be any method of re-opening the widget. :([/quote]How about a new widget that ends at midnight ET tomorrow?

WTF????? I have been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to donate yet. I knew the deadline was the end of the year, but it's only the 30th and it's closed already???? Sheesh! This totally sucks!

When does the raffle take place?

Also, to those who didn't make it in before the closure, you can still throw them some money on their official site I believe ;)

Well, I guess this sucks. I tried to "chip in" tonight (Dec 30th) and the event has ended?!??!?!?

WTF? I thought that it ended tomorrow. Oh well...that's what I get for waiting to the last minute.

TBW

[Edit] Went back and read some comments...looks like I missed out. Stupid widget.

I forgot to include my user name on here with my donation, I think my email here is the same one I used with my paypal....

I thought it didn't end until the 31st also... I was going to donate more after I got paid tomorrow... oh well I guess my original donation will have to do.

[quote name='mistrsam']urrk... does the username or email have to be the same as our CAG email or username? cant we be emailed that we won our prize?[/quote]

It says that winners are contacted via the email address they have on file with Paypal, so it should not matter if you used a different email or username.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone can just contribute directly to Child's Play -- I did that even before this raffle. Also, you actually get to pick a hospital local to you...I just got a nice card from a local hospital thanking me. With our backlogs, it'd be great if we continued to give...

Ya, I'll bite too. I know the true meaning of this is for charity. But I'm still pretty excited for the prize drawing, any idea when this'll happen?

[quote name='CheapyD']Prize drawing will be next week.[/QUOTE]

are u going make a video of it

bread's done
Back