CAG Fund for Child's Play 2008 Raffle - $32,667 Raised! - Winners Posted!

Damn, I wanted to pitch in to make the goal, but now the goal has been reached. Oh well, next year I'll make sure to get in on this deal early.
Just kidding. What's the new goal now?

Let's go for $36,969.69.

[quote name='Eviltude']Amazing.

$30,000 from the cheapest gaming community on the planet. Good shit, CAGs.[/quote]

That was my sentiment exactly. I just recently started using the site (hello everyone!) but I'm glad to be with such a group of people. Definitely keep it going. Who says it has to stop at 30?

I am happy this reach 30,000! Is my first time participating since is the first time I had money for it (and prize to add). I hope the 30,000 mark is surpass, considering there is still about 3 days left or so. Is indeed funny that from people that try to save every cent they can on games we could all come together to reach 30,000 :D

"CAGS donate $30 grand to charity! And in other news, CheapyD acquires new Vintage Corvette....coincidence? Film at 11"

ZOMGz! :shock:

You guyz donatorz so muchiez.^^^ $100 donations

and cheapy $1000 donations.

Me so poorz could only donates two quarters with a decimal between tehmz :cool:

We better hear about this on teh Cagzcast cheapy, lol. Cheapy was wrong grumble grumble. Cagrooz much generous even through bad economic times.:D

Keep donatingz plz, lol change teh bar and make it $40,000 target lol;)

its sad because all CAG'S didnt chip in we should of had alot more

but great job who did

Did I donate last year, or the year before? Think I jumped in once before... regardless, just did it again; it's a worthy and relatively novel cause :)

[quote name='starmask2k3']its sad because all CAG'S didnt chip in we should of had alot more

but great job who did[/quote]

Well, you cant expect everyone to chip in, but a big pat on the back for all of those who did.

[quote name='Link927']Well, you cant expect everyone to chip in, but a big pat on the back for all of those who did.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the community is done, still have three days to go way over.

[quote name='starmask2k3']its sad because all CAG'S didnt chip in we should of had alot more

but great job who did[/quote]

that is sad. I come to this site a few times a month and I chipped in!
but it isn't sad that the goal was met! :D

[quote name='harshdiddy']I feel absolutely awful. I want to donate but I literally cannot afford it. College loans are destorying all my money.[/QUOTE]

I will actually finally pay off my last student loan in a couple of months. I'm 31...

I chipped in today, I was going to before christmas, but forgot to.

P.S. does anyone know how much of this goes to the kids/hospitials, and how much goes to administrative fees? I was gonna donate to what i thought was a good cause last year and my pastor showed me that over 60% of my donation went to administrative fees!!

[quote name='Sinnbox']I chipped in today, I was going to before christmas, but forgot to.

P.S. does anyone know how much of this goes to the kids/hospitials, and how much goes to administrative fees? I was gonna donate to what i thought was a good cause last year and my pastor showed me that over 60% of my donation went to administrative fees!![/quote]

This comes from their FAQ:

Q. Does Child’s Play charge administrative fees?
A. We try our best to have every dollar that comes in go right back to the hospitals, but there is a slight administrative cost that does get paid for with donations (for example, shipping $200,000 worth of Nintendo DS’ to dozens of hospitals worldwide is not free, sadly). Historically, these charges have not exceeded 2-3%. It’s true that we’re a non-profit, but unlike most non-profits, we’re not in it to create a self-sustainable entity. We do it to give.

bread's done
Back