CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

m_d_amore: Sorry this time doesn't work out for you. If you every do get that time slot open, we will have a spot open for you.

jmbreci: What are your PSN network settings? Try having your ports set to NAT 2 and port forward your PS3. Message me on PSN if you ever want test out online again.

GTmaster39: I like the one car idea! Yaris' only! (or something much better than that).

I need people to PM me for their Stealth Mclaren F1's. GTmaster39 I sent you a PM with more details.

Crap, so that new patch that came out on Tuesday prevents me from gifting the Stealth Mclaren F1 or even selling it.

I set it on "share with friends" but I have no idea what that does... (update: It just "shows" you the car. My bad guys.)

Just read that if you are on NAT 3, GT5 online will suck for you. You need NAT 2.

Port forward details:

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 5658

So you cant just hit triangle on the the car in the garage list and just hit "give to friend"?....that sucks.....

A message pops up and says "You cannot gift this car."

I apologize, I will get something to everyone just hang in there.

[quote name='MisterBee']I had the same problem, the game would only show 4 or 5 people racing. It was really confusing, that is why I kept asking where I actually finished.[/QUOTE]

OK good, so it wasn't just me.

I saw three of those Moutil Civics in j's picture and I know I only saw two when I was racing. At least it's good to know I am not going crazy.

[quote name='jello44']OK good, so it wasn't just me.

I saw three of those Moutil Civics in j's picture and I know I only saw two when I was racing. At least it's good to know I am not going crazy.[/QUOTE]
You may have only seen what appeared to have been two because of all the swirving and dogfighting for position Syn and I were going through, it was a knife fight that's why people were hoping we'd wipe each other out. I really want a rematch of that with soft tires.

[quote name='j-cart']A message pops up and says "You cannot gift this car."

I apologize, I will get something to everyone just hang in there.[/QUOTE]
I'll start putting together an Evo and WRX/STI collection from the Used dealer, figure I'll donate one car a week for a prize of some sort, modded and tuned by me. I'm bored enough to take a day out of my time to do it since I need to work on my current Evo tune anyway.

[quote name='j-cart']jmbreci: What are your PSN network settings? Try having your ports set to NAT 2 and port forward your PS3. Message me on PSN if you ever want test out online again.
[/QUOTE]

Trust me, not the issue...and I work with this day in and day out. :) It was/is something between you and I specifically that is causing the problem I believe - or at least was last night. Maybe part of it was all those @ss-clowns supporting the wikileaks moron. Sow what you reap.

I do have something that I can do to make things more "open" on my end, but it is a pain in the @ss to do and I was far too tired to do so last night. Maybe next week I will do my "procedure".

I'm opting for PSN conspiracy theory due to Black Ops sucking online. :)

Someone has to explain me about this online thing. I really don't understand it one bit =_=

[quote name='Count']Someone has to explain me about this online thing. I really don't understand it one bit =_=[/QUOTE]

While I was the host, I was able to see all 7 racers, however a few others were only able to see 4 or 5. The other racers weren't present on their screens.

I'll configure my settings more, hopefully everyone can get in smoothly.

Alright, in order to connect to the matches you should familiarize yourself with the GT5 layout. In GT mode is where you need to be. Then go to the home page. On the home page below GT Life are tabs called Profile and Community. Enter the Community Tab. In the Community tab you'll be presented in the in game GT5 Friends list of players who have played GT5. If you go down to My Lounge, you can open your own private room where any of your friends can easily join you. If you go to somebody else's lounge, you can join their lounge. If you see a yellow button above the My Lounge, you can use that to get into any room that that player is in provided there is room for more.

Do not go to Open Lobby and scream for room number in the chat room. You do not need a room number. Follow the above steps and save yourself some frustration. It's all explained vaguely in the beginning of the game but never really repeated, so you may have simply button mashed through it.

So idea's...I like the idea of NASCAR only, as for what track, I liked High Speed Ring Reverse so I'll with that. Now we only need 2 more. But to stay updated, the list thus far:

Dec. 14th Race Setups:
  1. Karts/Track unknown (Probably one of my custom tracks)
  2. ?
  3. NASCAR/High Speed Ring Reverse
  4. ?
  5. 800 HP or less. Anything goes/Track Unknown
Tires: Sports Soft

[quote name='Mad39er']Do not go to Open Lobby and scream for room number in the chat room. You do not need a room number. Follow the above steps and save yourself some frustration. It's all explained vaguely in the beginning of the game but never really repeated, so you may have simply button mashed through it.[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting someone went into the lobby and started screaming for the room number??? :p

[quote name='SynGamer']Are you suggesting someone went into the lobby and started screaming for the room number??? :p[/QUOTE]

Did someone do that? I didn't notice. :p

The room number thing reminded me of those awful Friend Codes from the Wii.

[quote name='SynGamer']Are you suggesting someone went into the lobby and started screaming for the room number??? :p[/QUOTE]
That would never happen, of course. :roll:

In unrelated news, the day I start looking for Evos and STis they all disappear from the Used Dealer. I'm sitting at over a half million credits and there is nothing to buy.

[quote name='j-cart']A message pops up and says "You cannot gift this car."

I apologize, I will get something to everyone just hang in there.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand you should be able to gift one car a day. I was hearing some people talk about it today while playing.

[quote name='SynGamer']So idea's...I like the idea of NASCAR only, as for what track, I liked High Speed Ring Reverse so I'll with that. Now we only need 2 more. But to stay updated, the list thus far:

Dec. 14th Race Setups:
  1. Karts/Track unknown (Probably one of my custom tracks)
  2. ?
  3. NASCAR/High Speed Ring Reverse
  4. ?
  5. 800 HP or less. Anything goes/Track Unknown
Tires: Sports Soft[/QUOTE]

mm-R Cup Car (no mods except tires) race on a night, tight curvy track. Tires: Sports Medium (got to have SOME fun here). That or pick something exceptionally underpowered like an unmodded Yaris.....or go up to the generic Civic. Something that will be entertaining around corners....yes, there will probably be lots of rubbing/bumping on those....stupid computer did it to my B-spec guy ALL last night.

If you really want excitement, make one race with some flavor of Comfort tires. :)

[quote name='jmbreci']mm-R Cup Car (no mods except tires) race on a night, tight curvy track. Tires: Sports Medium (got to have SOME fun here). That or pick something exceptionally underpowered like an unmodded Yaris.....or go up to the generic Civic. Something that will be entertaining around corners....yes, there will probably be lots of rubbing/bumping on those....stupid computer did it to my B-spec guy ALL last night.

If you really want excitement, make one race with some flavor of Comfort tires. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm very much into FF types of races but I don't have an unmodded mm-R as you can't undo engine mods or lightweight mods. I did see another Motul Mugen pop up in the used lot, I'm thinking I should have picked that one up. The Driders rally car isn't half bad either. If I can get my hands on an unmodded mm-R I'll be happy but I really don't want to create another save file just to get it, even though it's straight forward.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'm very much into FF types of races but I don't have an unmodded mm-R as you can't undo engine mods or lightweight mods. I did see another Motul Mugen pop up in the used lot, I'm thinking I should have picked that one up. The Driders rally car isn't half bad either. If I can get my hands on an unmodded mm-R I'll be happy but I really don't want to create another save file just to get it, even though it's straight forward.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was sliding around in the FR races in an RX-7 like it rained and I lived in Phoenix (been there for that). I am far more used to FF races.

Actually, it could be any stock car that is easily purchased....heck, even a Civic or Prelude.....if you want fun, pick a curvy course and we can play touch-n-go with some lead sleds. Just something stock and not severely over powered on a technical course would be my request.

I had a great time the other night. Thanks for organizing.

Two questions:

1) I still can't seem to figure out how to add my personal cars to make the available online. I can favorite them and they show up in my favorites list, but the Online list remains empty
2) j-cart I saw the pics from the races on your blog. How did you get those? I don't see any replay of photo options when I am online. Is that only available to the host?

Thanks!

ChizelMonkee

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I had a great time the other night. Thanks for organizing.

Two questions:

1) I still can't seem to figure out how to add my personal cars to make the available online. I can favorite them and they show up in my favorites list, but the Online list remains empty
2) j-cart I saw the pics from the races on your blog. How did you get those? I don't see any replay of photo options when I am online. Is that only available to the host?

Thanks!

ChizelMonkee[/QUOTE]

I can't figure out what the "online" cars mean either. I can race all my favorited cars online, premium and standard. Upgraded or not, so I'm not to sure what the online tab is for.

The online tab is a list of cars that people on your friends list have checked on as "share with friends."

Favorite your cars, when in the online lobby, when you select the garage make sure you are on your own garage tab. This will show you all of your favorite cars.

As for the photos, after a race I save the replay. When you replay a race you can press pause and go into photo mode. Only problem I have is that I can't control the replay, it just goes. There is no rewind or fast forward (or if it is there I have found it yet).

[quote name='j-cart']The online tab is a list of cars that people on your friends list have checked on as "share with friends."

Favorite your cars, when in the online lobby, when you select the garage make sure you are on your own garage tab. This will show you all of your favorite cars.

As for the photos, after a race I save the replay. When you replay a race you can press pause and go into photo mode. Only problem I have is that I can't control the replay, it just goes. There is no rewind or fast forward (or if it is there I have found it yet).[/QUOTE]

Is the host the only one who can save a replay? I can't seem to find how to do it if anyone can.

[quote name='j-cart']After a race, there will be an option where you can save a replay before exiting.[/QUOTE]
It's in the race results page, kinda hidden. I saved the Go Karts replay and found it under the race results page.
[quote name='jmbreci']Yeah, I was sliding around in the FR races in an RX-7 like it rained and I lived in Phoenix (been there for that). I am far more used to FF races.[/QUOTE]
The RX-7 is tail heavy for an FR car. She likes to swing her ass a bit more than usual, she'll be my next conquest since I'm not liking the balance of the Evo's 4WD understeer/launch speed. I give up one to compensate for the other, not really to my liking, not to mention it tops out about at 180ish, it just gets there stupidly fast.

Small update. I'm going to go online in a bit and try out a few combo's. I will finalize the list by tomorrow morning. Done.

Dec. 14th Race Setups:
  1. Karts/SynGamer Bay (5 laps)
  2. 4WD - 375 HP or less. Anything goes/Tsukuba Circuit (3 laps)
  3. NASCAR/High Speed Ring Reverse (4 laps)
  4. Miata's - 200 HP or less. Anything goes, min. weight = 900 kg/Autumn Ring (4 laps)
  5. 800 HP or less. Anything goes/Top Gear Test Track (3 laps)
Tires: Sports (any)

Last edited by a moderator:
Liking this new line up so far.

Edit: Got all my cars and tires set for the next race.

Dec. 14th Race Setups:
  4. 800 HP or less. Anything goes/Top Gear Test Track (3 laps)
  5. Miata's - 200 HP or less. Anything goes, min. weight = 900 kg/Autumn Ring (4 laps)

EDIT: And by "Anything goes" I mean mods are allowed.
EDIT2: I just 'shared' my kart track. Feel free to try it out. No elevation change options sucks, so I may just opt for a different, pre-built track for karts.

[quote name='SynGamer']Dec. 14th Race Setups:
  4. Miata's - 200 HP or less. Anything goes, min. weight = 900 kg/Autumn Ring (4 laps)

EDIT: And by "Anything goes" I mean mods are allowed.
EDIT2: I just 'shared' my kart track. Feel free to try it out. No elevation change options sucks, so I may just opt for a different, pre-built track for karts.[/QUOTE]The min weight, is that the maximum allowed or the lowest you can go is 900? I know the way they set it up is a bit bass ackwards, so I'm just asking for clarity's sake.

I updated the second post with SynGamer's race rules.

I would like to note that racing on the top gear test track requires the penalty to be on. If it isn't on, people could cut the track cones.

High Speed Ring is going to be crazy fun in a NASCAR. The Miata's only was a good pick. I like these races, just hopefully I can be a competition.

/edit:

Anyone know of a good image file share? imageshack.us isn't cutting it for me. Thanks!

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I had a great time the other night. Thanks for organizing.

Two questions:

[/QUOTE]

to use your personal cars, you have to add them to your favorites list. That's something that needs a patch, imo. different rooms have different rules set for HP limits, and sometimes you never know exactly which one of your cars you may have to use. I'm sure that the expectation isn't for a user to put all of their cars in the favorites tab.

[quote name='j-cart']I updated the second post with SynGamer's race rules.

I would like to note that racing on the top gear test track requires the penalty to be on. If it isn't on, people could cut the track cones.

High Speed Ring is going to be crazy fun in a NASCAR. The Miata's only was a good pick. I like these races, just hopefully I can be a competition.

/edit:

Anyone know of a good image file share? imageshack.us isn't cutting it for me. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Photobucket has never let me down and I've been using it since 03.

[quote name='Thomas96']to use your personal cars, you have to add them to your favorites list. That's something that needs a patch, imo. different rooms have different rules set for HP limits, and sometimes you never know exactly which one of your cars you may have to use. I'm sure that the expectation isn't for a user to put all of their cars in the favorites tab.[/QUOTE]Given that you can put 100 cars in your favorites tab, I'd say yeah, the expectation is that users will put all the cars they want to race online in their favorites tab. It's not broken but it's not ideal but for taking the less than 30 seconds to open up your garage, find the car, hit triangle and set as a favorite isn't too much to ask when on average we have the 5 official races.

I know I don't personally race too many untuned/unmodded cars, so I focus on the drivetrain class and have a car set up individually for FF, FR, MR, 4WD and RR. Inside each class I have a different car or two more or less I go to and it's not really been an issue. Playing in an open lobby is a different beast all together, the host sets the rules and that's that, you can however view the regs that the host sets, you just can't change them. Once in the online mode, you have to back out before you can access your full garage proper to favorite cars.

When you race online you get access to some cars. There is a NASCAR available, so no need to back out if you don't have a NASCAR yet.

[quote name='chopper731']I would love to join you guys in some racing. My PSN ID is the same as my username here, chopper731[/QUOTE]

Hop on during CAG night. The more the merrier :)

I'm on call this weekend, hopefully I'll have some time to practice and grind a little. I haven't put much thought into a Miata but we'll see how it all goes. Hopefully I'll have time to dick around and get a decent set up, happy Friday peoples.

36 hour work weekend for me. Need to tune up that Miata!

chopper731: Welcome to the thread. Hope to see you on Tuesday! Make sure you go ahead and read the first and second post. Both detail what we do and the rules that we have set for the races.

/edit: Some time on Monday if anyone is available I plan to test some online settings out. Hopefully it will make the online play much smoother.

What car are you going to use?!

-Have to use my yellow number 4 kart

-This one is going to be tough. Do I go with a smaller size STI/EVO or Skyline? What other 4WD car is there?

-Whatever is available for online (I assume this race we can use racing tires?)

-Have to use a Miata, but what year? Love the minimum weight set, can't let everyone go to fast in the small bugger.

-Top gear has some good straight aways, the question here is what do you need more, top speed or fastest torque?

Track wise I really only know High Speed ring and Autumn Ring. Need to practice the course a bit before the big race. I didn't forget the about last weeks promise. I'm coming up with a few things, just hang in there.

/edit: I wouldnt mind taking my SVT and running over some super cars for fun.

Just to make it clear, EVERY race must use Sports tires. Any of the three are allowed but they have to be sport. I haven't checked to see if NASCAR cars only have the one set, if so, it won't matter as everyone will be using that car. But for the other races, only Sports tires are allowed.

bread's done
Back