SynGamer 0+0+3+7+0= 10
jello4444 3+2+2+2+3= 12
DCstarClassic 5+3+4+0+4= 16
evilwon 2+4+6+6+2= 20
Mad39er 6+6+0+5+5= 22
MisterB_66 4+5+5+4+6= 24
j-cart 7+7+8+3+7= 32
ChizelMonkee 8+8+7+8+8= 39

I will get the pictures up tomorrow morning. Great games and congrats to SynGamer! I think American cars is the only thing I can drive lol. ChizelMonkee, hang in there!

Since I already got to pick I'm taking suggestions for next week. Post a suggestion and I'll check it out and we'll try to pick 5 by the end of Thursday.

Mad - I almost felt sorry for "throwing" you on that second turn in Autumn Ring...however after your shove at Laguna and watching the replay, I don't feel quite as bad. I knew the Z and the muscle car would be my downfall....I drive far better in FF or 4WD.

BTW - if anyone has the replay of Laguna (Mad), see if you can snap a pic of how close I came to t-boning Mad on the blind s-curve on lap 2 or 3. I cannot remember what lap, but it was right after he pushed me off the road....lucky bastard! :)

Syn, Jello and I had fun the last few laps on Autumn Ring....I watched the replay and think I nudged Jello once and Syn a couple of times....hard to tell when people are beside you...at that point (and since we were all having fun) a little rubbin' is racing.

The Z4 on Autumn Ring might be a good start or ending to all nights. Maybe more "stock" racing to even things out...or hold the line to within ~100hp of stock. Special Stage 5 (night racing) with the Z4 might be entertaining as well....or something along the lines of a Mini Coops, Miata's or Prelude/Civics might be entertaining as well.

That was, by far, the most competitive match. ChizelMonkee - just shove a few people out of the way. ;)

BTW - I must comment that while it is due to GT5 issues, it was a disadvantage not being able to see everyone the first 3 races. After the "kick and reboot" everything was great....and I could power slide into Mad after that.

Note the common theme in my messages.

[quote name='j-cart']CAG Race Night Dec. 21st Results

SynGamer 0+0+3+7+0= 10
jello4444 3+2+2+2+3= 12
DCstarClassic 5+3+4+0+4= 16
evilwon 2+4+6+6+2= 20
Mad39er 6+6+0+5+5= 22
MisterB_66 4+5+5+4+6= 24
j-cart 7+7+8+3+7= 32
ChizelMonkee 8+8+7+8+8= 39

I will get the pictures up tomorrow morning. Great games and congrats to SynGamer! I think American cars is the only thing I can drive lol. ChizelMonkee, hang in there![/QUOTE]

Seriously, wtf happened last night? I didn't have the car for sure for the muscle car race, but everything else I thought I was ready for. I don't even think I reached the finish line for *any* of the races. Not only was I last but I was last by 40, 50, 60+, seconds. I almost got lapped on one race! Am I missing something? :wall:

What I really do not get was how the fuck on the Spoon race was I in 7th place before the first turn when I started in the 1st position! That was a no mod race so I was totally confused to watch everyone zoom by me. Tuning? I dunno. I'm at a loss.

It is too bad my mic wasn't working (i could hear you guys, but I don't think anyone could hear me for some reason). You would've heard me swearin' up a storm. :lol:

Nonetheless, you guys are a blast to race with. :applause:Like someone else said last night, more fun than 99.9% of the other online GT5 stuff I've done.

Back to the drawing board! I can't play next week but see you guys later.

CM

Edit: I know there is a lot going on with folks coming and going, tuning cars, etc, but is there a way that we can tighten up the pacing of our races? It seems it took close to 2.5 to 3 hours to get through five races.

Last edited by a moderator:
Late braking, is what you need to do when the cars are the same. Don't worry I was in first during the Spoon race and somehow lost it too lol. If you are using a racing line, follow the line, but don't follow the braking pattern.

I do want to start racing at 7pm PST, I had the lobby live at 6:30pm. We should be able to get through five races in about 2 hours.

[quote name='jmbreci']Mad - I almost felt sorry for "throwing" you on that second turn in Autumn Ring...however after your shove at Laguna and watching the replay, I don't feel quite as bad. I knew the Z and the muscle car would be my downfall....I drive far better in FF or 4WD.

BTW - if anyone has the replay of Laguna (Mad), see if you can snap a pic of how close I came to t-boning Mad on the blind s-curve on lap 2 or 3. I cannot remember what lap, but it was right after he pushed me off the road....lucky bastard! :)

Syn, Jello and I had fun the last few laps on Autumn Ring....I watched the replay and think I nudged Jello once and Syn a couple of times....hard to tell when people are beside you...at that point (and since we were all having fun) a little rubbin' is racing.

The Z4 on Autumn Ring might be a good start or ending to all nights. Maybe more "stock" racing to even things out...or hold the line to within ~100hp of stock. Special Stage 5 (night racing) with the Z4 might be entertaining as well....or something along the lines of a Mini Coops, Miata's or Prelude/Civics might be entertaining as well.

That was, by far, the most competitive match. ChizelMonkee - just shove a few people out of the way. ;)[/QUOTE]

That last race was intense, my hands were sweating. I fucked up on like, lap 4 and completely lost my pacing with you and syn. Ended up coming in third.

[quote name='SynGamer']Since I already got to pick I'm taking suggestions for next week. Post a suggestion and I'll check it out and we'll try to pick 5 by the end of Thursday.[/QUOTE]

How a AEM S2k stock race? It's 100k in the dealership.

[quote name='jmbreci']Mad - I almost felt sorry for "throwing" you on that second turn in Autumn Ring...however after your shove at Laguna and watching the replay, I don't feel quite as bad. I knew the Z and the muscle car would be my downfall....I drive far better in FF or 4WD.

BTW - if anyone has the replay of Laguna (Mad), see if you can snap a pic of how close I came to t-boning Mad on the blind s-curve on lap 2 or 3. I cannot remember what lap, but it was right after he pushed me off the road....lucky bastard! :)[/QUOTE] I got some pictures from the replay, you missed me by a cunt hair, you could have spit on my bumper if your head was sticking out as you dive bombed by at 100 mph. All I saw was a flash of yellow in my rear view just zip by and I'm like "Something bad just happened or didn't happen and I'm not sure which one it is."

[quote name='jmbreci']BTW - I must comment that while it is due to GT5 issues, it was a disadvantage not being able to see everyone the first 3 races. After the "kick and reboot" everything was great....and I could power slide into Mad after that.

Note the common theme in my messages.[/QUOTE]I stand by calling you a dick, I almost caught up at the end of the Z4 race, so I know it would have been a 5 way dead heat if you didn't take me out. Syn even saw I could keep ahead of him for 2 laps before I started getting distracted during the practice runs. Granted he knows now not to try and pass me during a turn but wait patiently for me to fuck up.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Seriously, wtf happened last night? I didn't have the car for sure for the muscle car race, but everything else I thought I was ready for. I don't even think I reached the finish line for *any* of the races. Not only was I last but I was last by 40, 50, 60+, seconds. I almost got lapped on one race! Am I missing something? :wall:

What I really do not get was how the fuck on the Spoon race was I in 7th place before the first turn when I started in the 1st position! That was a no mod race so I was totally confused to watch everyone zoom by me. Tuning? I dunno. I'm at a loss.

Edit: I know there is a lot going on with folks coming and going, tuning cars, etc, but is there a way that we can tighten up the pacing of our races? It seems it took close to 2.5 to 3 hours to get through five races.[/QUOTE] There was a lot of drafting during the Spoon race, it basically lets the person behind you pick up speed very quickly. It's why you had people directly behind you in your rear view, they then cut over and pass you. If you do the License tests or the NASCAR event, you'll become familiar with drafting, it's essential. Especially when Syn decides to go all over because he doesn't want me drafting him.

Drafting was essential to passing in the Spoon race along with cornering. Whomever got out 1st was going to stay out there in that race if there was nobody withing drafting distance.

Yeah that spoon race was odd to me, I guess I was just driving way too conservatively for that race. That was also my problem in the muscle car race, I had a big lead and gave it all away being to safe.

I really really want that last 1.1 laps back in the Subaru/Mitsu race :bomb:

That spoon car is a blast to drive. It was definitely all about braking late and getting off the turns well. All I know is that the Shelby is a bitch to drive.

EDIT: I hope everyone has kept their BMW Z4's (same HP limit), we're going to use them again next week. That was the closest race we've had so far, fun car to drive.

Here's the list so far. I want to keep things on the inexpensive side so that cost isn't an issue.

Car Required: BMW Z4 '03
MODS ALLOWED: 315hp Max
Tires: Sport Soft
Track: Clubman Stage Route 5 (5 Laps)

Car Required: Honda S2000 '06
No MODS
Track: Autumn Ring Mini (5 Laps)

They're the License Test A Bronze Prize cars. They can also be found in the Used Car Dealer but are extremely rare at 20 grand or so. I've only seen two and they were orange turdy looking colors.

Also change Tsukuba to Suzuka Circuit, I got the two mixed. It's a much smaller fast paced track.

Here's the list so far (updated). I want to keep things on the inexpensive side so that cost isn't an issue.

Car Required: BMW Z4 '03
MODS ALLOWED: 315hp Max
Track: Clubman Stage Route 5 (5 Laps)​

Car Required: Honda S2000 '06
No MODS
Track: Autumn Ring Mini (5 Laps)​

Car Required: Tacoma X-Runner '04

[quote name='Mad39er']I got some pictures from the replay, you missed me by a cunt hair, you could have spit on my bumper if your head was sticking out as you dive bombed by at 100 mph. All I saw was a flash of yellow in my rear view just zip by and I'm like "Something bad just happened or didn't happen and I'm not sure which one it is."

I stand by calling you a dick, I almost caught up at the end of the Z4 race, so I know it would have been a 5 way dead heat if you didn't take me out. Syn even saw I could keep ahead of him for 2 laps before I started getting distracted during the practice runs. Granted he knows now not to try and pass me during a turn but wait patiently for me to fuck up.[/QUOTE]

Who said I wasn't a dick? At the beginning of every race I was trying to get out in front of you clowns before the first turn pile up. :)

Bitter, party of one - maybe you shouldn't be such a crybaby and should learn how to control that 'Vette instead! ;) On a serious note, it looked like you were driving in the rain on slicks. Your end was swerving more than Scarlett Johansson's.

If it was not a bunch of CAGs racing, I would've spun Syn out at the beginning of lap 5 in the Z race and would've won going away. I had a prime opportunity to do that on the first turn and hit my break (hard) instead.

I did think of one other potential interesting car to all take out "stock" - the Insight. Not saying we need to this coming week per se, but some of the lower HP races make the most interesting race. It would be "Nascar-esque" with everyone having the same requirements.

The Cote de Azur race wasn't bad, I just had to get away from everybody else, which I accomplished as everybody just kept piling into the corners. In that first corner I was 6th/7th before I surgically cut my way to 2nd. I think Jello held up the best out of everybody, even though I was trash talking the most to him during that one, he was pretty consistent up until Syn crawled up his ass at the end. One thing I know most people didn't account for was torque in that race, I know that's why I was able to break away from people as I had to be putting down at least 100 pounds more torque than the rest of you guys.

The Vette needs some fine tuning, I hopped on Laguna Seca enough to put in 3 good laps and be somewhat satisfied with the tuning. Obviously when push came to shove(and it did!) she didn't behave all that well and I'm wondering why specifically. I'm leaning towards the brake balance on that one. I really felt bad when I slid into you but seeing how close that was, it had me and mom rolling. I may need to do it as a one make race in Practice Mode just to get a better feel for a competition setting.

I'm looking forward to the next Z match, because I need to tune that one a little better as well. I'm seeing where things aren't going great and I think I can do a little something something to make my overall performance a little more LOL worthy.

I've got to get a haircut and go to a Christmas party tonight, so booze, food and strippers, usually in that order. Catch you on the track, ebil heff.

[quote name='jmbreci']Who said I wasn't a dick? At the beginning of every race I was trying to get out in front of you clowns before the first turn pile up. :)

Bitter, party of one - maybe you shouldn't be such a crybaby and should learn how to control that 'Vette instead! ;) On a serious note, it looked like you were driving in the rain on slicks. Your end was swerving more than Scarlett Johansson's.

If it was not a bunch of CAGs racing, I would've spun Syn out at the beginning of lap 5 in the Z race and would've won going away. I had a prime opportunity to do that on the first turn and hit my break (hard) instead.

I did think of one other potential interesting car to all take out "stock" - the Insight. Not saying we need to this coming week per se, but some of the lower HP races make the most interesting race. It would be "Nascar-esque" with everyone having the same requirements.[/QUOTE]

I updated the 2nd post with race details.

If it needs be, I believe I have two mm-R. I'm surprised no one has come up with a Lupo race yet.

A truck needed to happen, it was only going to be a matter of time.

/edit: The mm-R is yours when you complete the A License (only bronze is needed).

If you guys have room for one more, I may be able to join in this week.

I have a question before I start buying cars. Are the modded races anything goes(with HP limits), or are there limits to what mods can be used?

PSN: Natural_Defect

[quote name='j-cart']I updated the 2nd post with race details.

If it needs be, I believe I have two mm-R. I'm surprised no one has come up with a Lupo race yet.

A truck needed to happen, it was only going to be a matter of time.

/edit: The mm-R is yours when you complete the A License (only bronze is needed).[/QUOTE]

I actually did a Lupo race earlier today. It was a blast, fun little car. Who ever wins next week, put in a Lupo race! :D

[quote name='Ace_Defective']If you guys have room for one more, I may be able to join in this week.

I have a question before I start buying cars. Are the modded races anything goes(with HP limits), or are there limits to what mods can be used?

PSN: Natural_Defect[/QUOTE]

There's room, we usually have about 6 or 7 people a night.

As long as it says no mods, everything is fair game.

Also, I won't be able to make next week.

Ace_Defective: There is plenty of room for you to join us. When we say modded races, it is anything goes while still under the limits (if described) that are set.

This will be the last GT5 race of 2010, so I am trying to come up with something special to do. Got alot of work these next few days, so I'll see what I can manage. Sad that you wont be there jello44, hope you are having a good holiday break!

enufs8d/wotcher

ill be interested in joining. finally decided to crack open my ce box. do you guys recommend the g25 or g27? unfortunately, i have both. i have the g25 on my playseats evo. but i dont know if i should swap it for g27. even with all this, i will be surprised if i dont come in last in the races. hah. i hope that i have enough cars for these races.

The Tacoma truck is no longer in the online dealership, at least it was not this afternoon. I think if were going to do single model races they should probably only be models that are premium models that will be able to be bought at any time, or at least models that can easily be won.

[quote name='Count']When is the next race? and can someone notify me when there's a race?[/QUOTE]

Check the thread title and 2nd post ;)

Random thought, I would love to see PD add a Monster Truck(s) to the game and perhaps one (1) stunt arena or perhaps a small track with a dirt track and a lot of elevation change (aka jumps)...

Happy Holidays all!

[quote name='enufs8d']enufs8d/wotcher

ill be interested in joining. finally decided to crack open my ce box. do you guys recommend the g25 or g27? unfortunately, i have both. i have the g25 on my playseats evo. but i dont know if i should swap it for g27. even with all this, i will be surprised if i dont come in last in the races. hah. i hope that i have enough cars for these races.[/QUOTE]

How unfortunate that you have two awesome wheels lol. Setup your g27 and send me your g25 :D Next race is the 28th. Check the second post for race details.

If the online dealership doesn't have the tacoma, then I might be screwed. Though I do have a SVT lighting and a Silverado SST.

I'm at level 18 for A-spec, so I can farm credits pretty easy in the turbo or MR races. I work all this weekend, but come monday expect me to farm up some dough for the race!

SynGamer: WRC. thats your monster truck jump race. We all have STI's or EVOs, slap some dirt/snow tires and we gonna have a crazy race.

[quote name='j-cart'] Sad that you wont be there jello44, hope you are having a good holiday break![/QUOTE]

Not too bad, gotta work through the holiday myself. Hope yours and the rest of you guys holidays are going well.

[quote name='j-cart']

I'm at level 18 for A-spec, so I can farm credits pretty easy in the turbo or MR races. I work all this weekend, but come monday expect me to farm up some dough for the race! [/QUOTE]

Just wait until you get to 21, you have the "Like the Wind" race, you get 84k credits (for now) in about 5 minutes on Indy. Then there is the American Championship at 23, which gets you 117K in the same amount of time.

Also, some of those new seasonal events can give you some nice cash, but they are like the special events, where you can only get the reward once.

WRC. thats your monster truck jump race. We all have STI's or EVOs, slap some dirt/snow tires and we gonna have a crazy race.
Lord knows I have enough WRXs, I've been collecting them. A Snow/Dirt race would be fun.

I'll see if I can scrounge up some Tacomas for people, I run into those fairly often but I'm sure that'll end during my search. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to whom it may apply to.

Tacoma is gone for me.......got a truck.....cannot remember what though. Got the S2000 tonight....thought I had one but all I had were some Civic's and a Prelude.

cant afford any of the cars on the race night list. it sucks to be poor. hah.

well, i tried to download the patch. my internet gave up twice. will try again today.

update on my wheel, nothing compares to your wheel spinning out of your hands as the computer pit manuevers you.

I have an extra Tacoma I can give someone. Just send a friend request(your PSN must be in the first post of this thread). It will be first come, first serve.

Syn - not to gripe, but we may need to modify it more than that or just pick some stock car or truck that is in the "shop". I cannot remember what truck I have, but stock it was something like 340hp. Unfortunately I have not seen any other trucks for sale for about a week.

[quote name='jmbreci']Syn - not to gripe, but we may need to modify it more than that or just pick some stock car or truck that is in the "shop". I cannot remember what truck I have, but stock it was something like 340hp. Unfortunately I have not seen any other trucks for sale for about a week.[/QUOTE]

I'll check and see if there is a truck online, if so, we'll just use that. I was hoping the truck would stick around the online dealership a bit longer.

Been working the past 4 days, so I too missed the Tacoma. If I just knew it would be gone soon I would have picked up like 4 of those things.

Unfortunately it snowed 3 feet on me and my street has been unplowed, I've been shoveling all day and my work truck still isn't free of the snow/ice. I will be completely unable to make it as I don't have the energy to try and race now nor likely tomorrow.

[quote name='Mad39er']Unfortunately it snowed 3 feet on me and my street has been unplowed, I've been shoveling all day and my work truck still isn't free of the snow/ice. I will be completely unable to make it as I don't have the energy to try and race now nor likely tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

ive seen the news footage. good luck and warm wishes.

[quote name='jmbreci']We can all race stock CR-Z's on comfort hard. None of your flywheel or slip differential mods Mad. :)[/QUOTE]
As you can see they do me so well in the races. When I get it right it works out really nicely, but I haven't devoted any time for fine tuning. I just use a set template and clearly, while it gets me in the ball park, is not perfect. So take comfort in knowing that I'll be power sliding into you not necessarily on purpose but because you didn't stay out of the way of my negligent tuning.

When you guys start racing some more top-end machines I'm game

such as the minolta, the formula GT car, etc. I just prefer those types of races

[quote name='kurrptsenate']When you guys start racing some more top-end machines I'm game

such as the minolta, the formula GT car, etc. I just prefer those types of races[/QUOTE]

Our races are made up by the previous week's winner. SynGamer was a our last winner, as such, he got to pick this weeks 5 races.

Get on in, the cars aren't hard to get for this week. If you win, you can start off 2011 with a minolta, a formula GT, and etc.

I don't think many people would have enough money, or are far enough into the game to have those cars yet. At least not among the regulars every week.

[quote name='j-cart']Our races are made up by the previous week's winner. SynGamer was a our last winner, as such, he got to pick this weeks 5 races.

Get on in, the cars aren't hard to get for this week. If you win, you can start off 2011 with a minolta, a formula GT, and etc.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. That would probably work.

I'm at lvl 28 now with a B-spec at 24. As long as people aren't picking the ferrari formula car I should have it covered.

I'm EST under this same name (KurrptSenate on PSN)

unfortunately after reading the thread title, I don't get out of work till 5 p.m. EST. 7 PST wouldn't work out for me this week :whistle2:(

[quote name='kurrptsenate']
unfortunately after reading the thread title, I don't get out of work till 5 p.m. EST. 7 PST wouldn't work out for me this week :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

If you get off work at 5pm EST time, then it would only be 2pm PST. Though it would be 10pm your time when we start racing.

oh, yea, im being dumb

10 pm works out perfectly, actually.

Is there a car list already I should know about. I think I spent my last 4 mill buying the Audi R8 '05 race car :whistle2:/

bread's done
Back