MODS ALLOWED: 315hp Max
Tires: Sport Soft
Track: Clubman Stage Route 5 (5 Laps)

Car Required: Honda S2000 '06
No MODS
Tires: Sport Soft
Track: Autumn Ring Mini (5 Laps)

Car Required: Tacoma X-Runner '04

Since people (including myself) have been complaining that the night overall is taking too long, may I suggest a 5 minute timer for practice after each race? Who ever the host is, set a timer for 5 minutes once the track changes and settings are set and then we race at 5:01. This should theoretically speed things up enough to have us finish around 11:15 PM EST, assuming we start shortly after 10PM.

*Note: I calculated five 5 minute timers = 25 minutes plus an average of 8 minutes per race = 40 minutes. That's a total of 65 minutes :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Since people (including myself) have been complaining that the night overall is taking too long, may I suggest a 5 minute timer for practice after each race? Who ever the host is, set a timer for 5 minutes once the track changes and settings are set and then we race at 5:01. This should theoretically speed things up enough to have us finish around 11:15 PM EST, assuming we start shortly after 10PM.

*Note: I calculated five 5 minute timers = 25 minutes plus an average of 8 minutes per race = 40 minutes. That's a total of 65 minutes :)[/QUOTE]

I will make sure we get things rolling in that 5 minute time period.

I would just like a little clarification on what the rules for the truck race are going to be since, myself and a few others cannot obtain the Tacoma anymore.

[quote name='MisterBee']I would just like a little clarification on what the rules for the truck race are going to be since, myself and a few others cannot obtain the Tacoma anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me to. I have the Tacoma & gave my spare to "enufs8d//wotcher".

I finally got that damn truck tuned to handle pretty well, but I still would like to know what the race rules are.

I too missed out on the Tacoma. I guess we can all still use trucks, but non-Tacom users would just be auto DQ?

So a 3rd place Tacoma could get first place scoring. Been working so much the past 5 days, I knew I should have loaded up gt5 once SynGamer put up the race details.

For the sake of fairness, if there is a truck online that can be used, we may just use that. Or we'll use some other online car that wins a majority vote?

Just checked, online has no pick up trucks.

There are 3 WRC cars from the online list: Citroen C4, Ford RS and Suzuki SX4.

Or NASCAR, or Zonda.

[quote name='SynGamer']which of the wrc has the most power?[/QUOTE]

All WRC cars are the same, 295 HP.

/edit: MOTHER fuckING WORK

Got called in to work ANOTHER night shift. Sorry guys won't be able to race tonight. I'll see you all next year! (hah it is in 3 days!)

If someone could save the replays of the race I can still take some photos and make up a results blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j-cart']All WRC cars are the same, 295 HP.

/edit: MOTHER fuckING WORK

Got called in to work ANOTHER night shift. Sorry guys won't be able to race tonight. I'll see you all next year! (hah it is in 3 days!)

If someone could save the replays of the race I can still take some photos and make up a results blog.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I'll host the room tonight (CAG GT5 Night will be the room name). It'll be up around 9:30 EST. Hoping for a reasonably good turnout tonight to end the year on a high note...

I'm in if it's not too late...

smthng//smthng

I'm an online newb, so I doubt I'll win anything, but I promise not to knock anyone off the track. I may not be fast, but I'm polite. ;)

I should have just enough time to build cars before y'all start (I'm an East-Coaster).

Oh, I also snoozed on the Taco.. which blows, cause I realized the day after it disappeared that my B-Specs would stand a MUCH better chance of winning the truck race in the taco. :S

We'll be using the WRC car(s) in place of the Tacoma race. Now they we know we can't rely on the online dealership we'll plan accordingly next time (i'll just buy like 5 of them or something).

smthng, it's not too late. Just be sure to get into the room by 10PM EST at the latest.

[quote name='SynGamer']We'll be using the WRC car(s) in place of the Tacoma race. [/QUOTE]

Any restrictions on those? The three I've found differ in HP by quite a bit. Can we mod them or do they have to stay stock?

Sorry, I just want to be sure before I drop 850,000 on the wrong car! :whistle2:?

Nono, the WRC are the ones that are available online. No buying or modding for that one. The rest are detailed in the 2nd post of this thread :)

Join now. I literally turn a few laps for each race just to see what's fun and that's it. F practice :) Join! The more the merrier!

Add my PSN name. Josh5890. Give me a minute to start it up.

Edit: Nevermind. Just started it up for the first time in a couple weeks and there is a 600 mb patch to download. It's gonna take a while... :(

CAG Race Night Dec. 28th

SynGamer 3+5+5+2+6=21
Natural_Defect 0+0+0+0+2=2
smthng 5+3+4+4+4=20
MisterB_66 2+4+3+6+0=15
DCstarClassic 4+2+2+3+5=16
d367ruc70 6+6+6+5+3=24

*Let it be known that we are investigating the final race...

I'd just like to say that I didn't mean to ram anyone on the hairpins. I just got my braking points off(I did brake though). But if you want to DQ me I understand.

I knew I wasn't going to win anyway, because I don't know that track very well .

It just seemed that you had no intention of braking. Looking at the replay, it's a tough call over intent and late braking. I'll post the video and see what others say. If everything works out, you won tonight and get to pick 5 races for next week. If no, MisterB_66, you're up. Please have the picks in by Friday at the latest.

This is for MisterB_66: Redemption

You can go ahead and give it to MisterB_66, because I know I at least hit two people way to damn hard on the hairpins. I don't want to leave a bad taste in every ones mouth.

I'll just practice every track next week, congrats MisterB_66.

Regardless of any final rulings, I had a blast! Thanks for setting it all up and making it realatively painless. The last race was awesome!

Congrats Mister_B. Sorry I joined late and was all over the freakin' pavement. Being the one who has the lowest rank, I think it shows. I look forward to the next GT5 night!

[quote name='Ace_Defective']You can go ahead and give it to MisterB_66, because I know I at least hit two people way to damn hard on the hairpins. I don't want to leave a bad taste in every ones mouth.

I'll just practice every track next week, congrats MisterB_66.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the gesture. It's these types of situations that makes me wish Sony had included a wired mic of some sort so that everyone could talk. A simple "sorry!" would likely have cleared everything up, but with no mic we were left to assume it was intentional.

That said, if MisterB_66 could have the races decided on by Friday, that would be great :) Try to make sure the first four races last roughly 5 minutes (give or take a minute) and the final one no more than 7 or 8 minutes.

And yes smthng, that last race was quite awesome overall :)

Well, I considered getting online for the races last night but by the time I was somewhat able, it was 10:53 EST already. Hope you guys had a good set of races, I spent my day shoveling out my car(the one I buried when I dug out my truck), getting salt from Home Depot, breaking up the ice under my truck, salting around the house, dug out my neighbors trapped car(trapped since 2 days ago) and my body just gave out after that. I slept for 3 hours and had a giant dinner, if it wasn't for walking my dog, I wouldn't have even been up that late.

I had to get something since my plastic shovel wasn't breaking through the compacted snow(which turned to ice after being under pressure) when I saw a guy using a garden shovel to break the ice, so I felt inspired. I did find like the ultimate ice breaking tool, so I got me a heavy Rigid sidewalk scraper which joins in my fight against the snow and ice.

[quote name='SynGamer']I appreciate the gesture. It's these types of situations that makes me wish Sony had included a wired mic of some sort so that everyone could talk. A simple "sorry!" would likely have cleared everything up, but with no mic we were left to assume it was intentional.[/QUOTE]Or in the case of nowlive on Laguna Seca, where you took him out completely worse compared to my power slide which was returned with a near miss torpedo. I don't think he wanted to take you out as badly as he wanted me, lol. It's really hard finding a wired USB headset though, I really want one since my bluetooth falls out of my ear and distracts me.

[quote name='SynGamer']Keep fighting the good fight Mad. Hope to see you at next weeks' races :)[/QUOTE]It's been a phenomenal fight, Sanitation plows getting stuck and others just sitting idle on the side of the road while the driver is just chatting away on his cell. If they plowed once scraping the road and salted right after plowing, it'd be perfectly alright. When a plow did come yesterday(we only got 1 and he didn't scrape to the road), he borked everybody on the other side of the street, plowed them in after they dug out. I'm sure you boys upstate deal with it better than we do because we've been pampered in the past with the city dealing with most of it.

I'm really lucky I live around rich people, one of my neighbors did our sidewalk and the other driveway with a snow blower, so it wasn't like complete hell. One dude had an ATV with a snow blade on it that was plowing up and down the block(made me want to get one). I did have to open the window on my storm door to get out the first day, 3 feet of snow in front of your door is a new thing to me.

[quote name='Mad39er']Or in the case of nowlive on Laguna Seca, where you took him out completely worse compared to my power slide which was returned with a near miss torpedo. I don't think he wanted to take you out as badly as he wanted me, lol.[/QUOTE]

Dear Clown - you know the reason for that. What do you expect when you tell me 5 seconds before the turn that you are going to throw me into the sand? Syn isn't an jackwagon and at least apologized. Oh, and I still owe you one....near hits don't count. As it was, I didn't expect to do well in the muscle car race....

On a serious note - I know how you feel with the snow. Last year, while we did not have ~20" in that amount of time, we had about 30" in a 4 day span....I had 7 foot drifts in front of my garage and actually "cut" a whole in it to get the snow thrower through. That is the only time I have ever run out of gas using my thrower.....I think I was out there for 2.5 hours of run time (single break in there).

Back to the game - anyone done Time Trial 1 under 197hp? Anyone have the car everyone is using?

I also need to purchase (another) CR-Z and keep it at 122hp or under to do that special. The oil change puts it to 125 - how much racing do I have to do to get it back down...did Special Stage 7 twice. Practice does count for dirtying your oil, right?

Sounds like it was still a great night for racing! I was super pissed that I missed out due to work.

Hope everyone is doing alright and 2011 CAG Race Nights are going to be hype. For those stuck in snow, I have no idea how it must be. I live in sunny(currently raining) SoCal, but I am going to the mountains for New Years!

If someone saved replays of the race, if you can go to your theater, find your replay and select it as your "favorite" and "share with friends." Post up once it is done, I can watch your replays and grab some pictures!

To all the newcomers, keep grinding and welcome to CAG Race Night! Hope to see you guys become regulars.

/edit: First post has been updated with more people. 2nd post has been updated with race results.

Question for people, is 190k for an Aston Martin DB9 + Sport Soft too much to pay for one race? If it is, no big deal.

EDIT: Never mind, the DB9 is an online car, which is perfect.

Official Races For Tuesday January 4th 2011

1. Can You Deal With Understeer?
Car: Mini Cooper '07
Mods & Tires: ALLOWED - 197HP, 1000Kg Minimum, COMFORT HARD :lol:
Course: Eiger Nordwand Short RAIN
Notes: This is also available as a recommended car, but you need to make your own.

2. Stay Off The Curbs
Car: GT Go Kart
Mods & Tires: NOT ALLOWED
Course: London

3. Modern Muscle Car Shootout
Cars: Chevy Camaro SS '10
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
Mods & Tires: ALLOWED - 550HP, 1400Kg Minimum, Sport Soft
Course: Deep Forest Raceway
Notes: The Chevy is also available as a recommended car, but its only 433HP.

4. Best Track Ever!
Car: Calsonic Skyline GT-R (Recommended Car Version)
Mods & Tires: NOT ALLOWED & Racing Soft
Course: Toyko Route 246

5. Zéro Virgule Deux Quatre Heures Du Mans (0.24 Hours of Le Mans)
Car: Aston Martin DB9 '06 (Recommended Car Version)
Mods & Tires: NOT ALLOWED & Racing Medium
Course: Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (w/Chicanes)

So basically you could do all the races without buying a single thing, but its going to be a lot harder to win.

[quote name='Mr. 420']When you guys race do you use the default controls or do you turn traction control off?[/QUOTE]

It's up to the individual to decide. What suits some may not suit others and this is all about having fun. Personally, I drive with TC at 1 or Off.

Updated the second post with race details.

I hope every is going to have an awesome new years! Wont be in town during new years eve through the 5th, so someone else is going have to setup the race night.

I should be available. I don't mind hosting so long as GT5 is ok with it. Perhaps if I don't host more people will show up though...? :p

misterb - thanks for keeping us penniless members in mind. i didnt have any of the cars for the last race.

[quote name='MisterBee']Question for people, is 190k for an Aston Martin DB9 + Sport Soft too much to pay for one race? If it is, no big deal.

EDIT: Never mind, the DB9 is an online car, which is perfect.[/QUOTE]

While I have the cash, people should keep in mind that we are casual gaming here, not elitist gaming. We want inclusion, including people who recently purchased the game and for people to have a chance while racing. While it is easier now to get cash, come the end of January they are reverting back to the old payouts (or was that 1/11?).

MisterBee - please do not take this as trying to single you out, I am just trying to hammer home this point as I have stated something similar about every week.

I will state that the most competitive race we had was the race with the stock Z4's. People who say that they only like to race with tuned high end cars have no clue what they are missing. I am not saying an occasional race with those is not fun, but how many people are you excluding by doing that?

I won't be able to host next week. I'm working a 12 so I won't be home until about 9:30-45. I should still be able to make it to the races but it's best if someone else hosts.

[quote name='SynGamer']It's up to the individual to decide. What suits some may not suit others and this is all about having fun. Personally, I drive with TC at 1 or Off.[/QUOTE]

Some of us need more than others... ;)
CapeRingNorth_1sm.jpg

I can't host yet... I just got my DSL connection, but it's run across three people's yards. Until they bury a new line for me, I don't trust it enough to host yet. Sorry! :S

bread's done
Back