CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

Ok, so I have cars in my favorites list to use for Tuesday's races. In case some of those cars don't meet the requirements exactly, can I change their mods from within the online experience or can I only do that offline?

Along the same lines, can I tune my cars online too?

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Ok, so I have cars in my favorites list to use for Tuesday's races. In case some of those cars don't meet the requirements exactly, can I change their mods from within the online experience or can I only do that offline?

Along the same lines, can I tune my cars online too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, to my knowledge you can tune and change parts online.

I got very sick this weekend with a stomach virus that broke into full out fever. Fever broke around 4 am this morning. I haven't really gotten much practice time in or cars set up, so I may or may not make it. Doing installs on Friday and today killed me with an early start tomorrow.

I did pick up my pair of prescription yellow tinted glasses though, they remove so much of the glare and eye strain it's not even funny, I'm hoping to see some kind of improvement on that alone.

[quote name='Mad39er']I got very sick this weekend with a stomach virus that broke into full out fever. Fever broke around 4 am this morning. I haven't really gotten much practice time in or cars set up, so I may or may not make it. Doing installs on Friday and today killed me with an early start tomorrow.

I did pick up my pair of prescription yellow tinted glasses though, they remove so much of the glare and eye strain it's not even funny, I'm hoping to see some kind of improvement on that alone.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're feeling better by tomorrow. If it helps I NEVER setup my car aside from part mods.

I am sick as well and am 50/50 for tonight. I can guarantee that if it starts later than 9pm CST I will be out as I need to hit the sack by 10pm due to this cold.

AAARGGGGH! I'm posting this from a friend's place, but my internet is OUT! It was perfectly fine today, then at about 2pm it went out and hasn't come back on since.

Verizon is not being helpful right now, so someone is going to have to host the races for tonight.

This couldn't have happen on a worse day. I had some awesome cars ready for tonight.

[quote name='j-cart']AAARGGGGH! I'm posting this from a friend's place, but my internet is OUT! It was perfectly fine today, then at about 2pm it went out and hasn't come back on since.

Verizon is not being helpful right now, so someone is going to have to host the races for tonight.

This couldn't have happen on a worse day. I had some awesome cars ready for tonight.[/QUOTE]

Bring your PS3 over to your friends' place? I'll host the room, will put it up in a minute.

EDIT: Room up: "CAG GT5 Night"

Sorry for the double post. After a few difficulties the room is now up.

EDIT: No idea how to use a custom track. I see no option to do so...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm taking tonight off from any serious racing. My body still hasn't recovered from Friday, Sunday, yesterday and my early start today. I'm pretty much just skirting any luck I have left and won't apply myself towards anything serious other than maybe prepping for next week.

Friday was an install that got started late(1 PM basically) which involved removing a 280 pound furnace and not eating all day. Sunday I went out for an estimate and came home with a full on fever and stomach virus. Monday I had the install of the estimate I gave on Sunday which was another heavy furnace and running around trying to find a 20 amp breaker on an old Federal Pacific breaker panel and I got pulled over on the way home, avoided 3-5 tickets by some quirk of luck. Today my truck's radiator hose ripped on the NJ turnpike 7 miles away from the nearest exit, had to tape up the hose under my truck with cars flying by me at like 70 mph in the cold wind tunnel that is the turnpike until help arrived, then had to swap out my tools to another truck and do two service calls.

Long story short on the car situation, I gave the only car I had set up to Jeff and was going to give him my Miata but I haven't found a replacement for that one or even used it. So no cars ready and no motivation, hope you guys have some good races.

CAG Race Night Dec. 14th Results

-----

Our winner is...

DCstarClassic: 0+0+2+4+0=6

ChizelMonkee: 2+5+0+3+3=13
jello4444: 5+4+5+0+2=16
SynGamer: 4+2+4+2+5=17
MisterB_66: 3+3+3+5+4=18

We only had five racers tonight for various reasons, and while I think we all had fun, obviously the more the merrier. We did learn a few things tonight;

1. The Top Gear Test Track with penalties on sucks
  2. Custom tracks either need to be downloaded by everyone or they don't work...
  3. Miata's are fun

DC will try to have next weeks races (5 of them) by Thursday/Friday. So, with that said, I hope J-cart's internet comes back. I hope Mad feels better, and hopefully everyone else had a good time tonight.

I dozed off on the start of the Miata race there.

I heard the START.. and I was huh..? OH SHIT THE RACE.

I didn't think I had a chance at that point, then everyone spun out at one point and I ended up winning that race. Chalk that one up to pure dumb luck.

[quote name='jello44']I dozed off on the start of the Miata race there.

I heard the START.. and I was huh..? OH SHIT THE RACE.

I didn't think I had a chance at that point, then everyone spun out at one point and I ended up winning that race. Chalk that one up to pure dumb luck.[/QUOTE]

That was awesome. We weren't sure if you were there or not and at the start you didn't move. Then all of a sudden you were up to third, Mister (or DC?) spun out and then I did too and you won it :p

Sorry...I had stuff ready, but my cold was causing me to doze off while trying to warm up. I barely made it to 930pm CST. Unless something comes up I plan on racing next week.

I was looking forward to the Miata racing....my Roadster was setup at 197hp and around 950 for weight.

Great time last night! Thanks for hosting Syn (I think I was calling you "Sny" all night - sorry). Amazed I won a race. Looking to be more competitive next week!

-

Great job on still keeping the race night alive.

I'm sorry I wasn't there, I spent all day working on cars to race with. Then some idiot from Verizon screwed up the whole connect to my area. Took them about 20 hours to fix the problem, but those 20 hours couldn't have come at a better time. I posted the update from my friend's droid phone, so bringing the ps3 was still out of the question.

As for using custom tracks, you need to set it to favorites or share with friends to use it online.

DCstarClassic killed it. Three 1st place finishes? Damn. Thanks SynGamer for hosting and keeping it alive. Shit happened at the wrong time for me.

As for those that are sick, take it slow and get better!

OK guys, heres a stab at what I'm looking to do for next weeks race. Bare with me.

!Mitsu Vs. Subaru!
Cars Required:
Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05
Lancer Evo IX GSR '05
No MODS:Everything must remain stock.
Tires: Sport Soft
Track: Trail Mountain Reverse (5 Laps)

There is no Spoon!
Car Required: Spoon CR-Z
No MODS
Track: Deep Forest Reverse (5 Laps)

350Z/370Z/Fairlady Z Meet: Serious Business
Car Required: A 350z/370z/ Fairlady Z of some kind I don't care how you get it or where it comes from.
MODS ALLOWED: Max 404 HP
Tires: Racing Hard
Track: Cote d'Azur (5 Laps) Practice this shit, this course can be brutal.

Vin Diesel Special
Cars Required: You know what a muscle car is, go find one!
MODS ALLOWED: 463hp Max
Track: Mazda Laguna Seca (5 Laps)

Land SHARK!
Car Required: BMW Z4 '03
MODS ALLOWED: 315hp Max
Track: Autumn Ring.

All these cars are available in the dealership: Happy grinding.

Last edited by a moderator:
No year specified. Just pick any kind of muscle car. :) I myself am going to pick an older car. Either a '69 or '70's something.

I updated the first page with results and Race info.

Just asking about the muscle car, because I happen to have both the new Camaro and Challenger. Wondering if those would count. Either way I will be looking for something in the used dealership.

[quote name='GTmaster39']!Mitsu Vs. Subaru!
Cars Required:
Lancer Evo IX GSR '05

Car Required: A 350z/370z/ Fairlady Z of some kind I don't care how you get it or where it comes from.

Vin Diesel Special
Cars Required: You know what a muscle car is, go find one!
[/QUOTE]
Oddly for the Z race I have anywhere between 5 to 7 cars. I kinda just collected random Z's as they appeared and my stable keeps on growing. At last check I'm at 105 cars with no doubles except an RZ-7 Type R Bathurst that I plan to work on for a prize car. I think I'll just break out the Superbird for the Vin Diesel Special, it's so obnoxious it has to be raced.

Evo vs STi? Sadly I've already got a preference on that one. They're both pretty meh until you get them sideways at a buck fifty.

Just purchased a couple cars for the races, need to get that Z4. I have the money, I just forgot which one to buy.

I also bought a mic, hopefully it'll arrive (and work) by next Tuesday. So now you all can suffer with my awful voice. :p

[quote name='jello44']I also bought a mic, hopefully it'll arrive (and work) by next Tuesday. So now you all can suffer with my awful voice. :p[/QUOTE]

Lol....Mad - should I turn on the "cookie monster" voice again?

I've got to find a new muscle car (I agree with Syn, should be

[quote name='SynGamer']Might I suggest a year limit for the muscle cars. The new Camaro handles much better than a 69...[/QUOTE]

Yea, lets just make it '79 and lower.

I can think of better races to do than those but whatever, custom soundtracks aren't even available online. PM me if you wnato to race me anytime. I can make next week and and ready for some online GT action.:)

[quote name='Mr. 420']I can think of better races to do than those but whatever, custom soundtracks aren't even available online. PM me if you wnato to race me anytime. I can make next week and and ready for some online GT action.:)[/QUOTE]

Well hey man if you win next weeks races then you can put together whatever you want. We need more racers.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I can think of better races to do than those but whatever, custom soundtracks aren't even available online. PM me if you wnato to race me anytime. I can make next week and and ready for some online GT action.:)[/QUOTE]
Well, here is how I understand custom soundtracks and online. From what I gathered, if you don't voice chat, you can use a custom soundtrack only if voice chat is disabled on room creation. Have I tested it? Not yet. Will I? Eventually. Just putting it out there, it's pretty stupid though, I mean you're more likely to hear an offensive person than an offensive song.

I updated the Diesel Special to state '79 and earlier cars only.

Mr. 420: What is your PSN id? I'll put you on the list. Also the winner of the previous race gets to pick the race type, so win and you get to make the races!

Hopefully my internet will not die again. Been working on perfecting my picture taking abilities in GT5 and I might be able to get direct feeds of video footage.

Alright, so of the races I have the Vin Diesel special...I hope I have enough money to buy the others. No idea where I'll find the Spoon CR-Z.

[quote name='SynGamer']Alright, so of the races I have the Vin Diesel special...I hope I have enough money to buy the others. No idea where I'll find the Spoon CR-Z.[/QUOTE]

You can purchase it from the Spoon dealer. :)

I am not sure if I will be in or not. I have 2 vehicles ready to go, but am not sure I want to grind for the others....the EVO or Impreza works since I need a 4WD for the off road Special challenge (scratch that, I forgot it is 100 more) than anything I was racing against and still only finished second since it handles like a tank.

98%

This will prolly be my last race with you guys. I just got a new job working 10pm to 6am. So when you guys are racing, I'm prolly gonna be passed the fuck out.

New updated added a lot...and bumped up the $$ payout....yeah...now I may be able to purchase everything without an asinine amount of grinding.

Glad to hear about the higher payout. I've been missing some of these since I don't play enough to get the cash for the cars needed. Hopefully, I'll be able to show up soon!

[quote name='jmbreci']got all the vehicles, now I just need to tune them....more $$ is needed.....[/QUOTE]

Just remember the Spoon CR-Z and Mitsubishi vs Subaru races are stock races only. No mods on those cars.

So I bought all of my cars today. Didn't upgrade the Fairlady Z, not really a fan of that car. And I hate the '05 Subaru. Too bad it wasn't an '04. Either way, I have the cars, looking forward to some lulz tonight :)

My new HD is giving me issues, it keeps corrupting. I don't think the HD is the problem but probably some bad data from being formatted like 10+ times from the quick format utility. I'll pop in my old HD for the races and before I go to bed I'll do a full format.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']If I don't have a few of the cars, will alternative be in the online garage?[/QUOTE]

We might be able to work something out.

[quote name='GTmaster39']We might be able to work something out.[/QUOTE]

I probably have the cash to buy them. The question is do I have the time before 9pm kickoff . . .

If youre level 21, try the race Like the Wind, and choose you fastest car. Even if you get last you get 38k.

5 Laps, 4 minutes a race at least.

Lobby is LIVE!

CAG is the lobby name. Lobby number: 1472-6118-4259-7715-6689

Mitsu Vs. Subaru!
Cars Required:
Lancer Evo IX GSR '05

There is no Spoon!
Car Required: Spoon CR-Z
No MODS
Track: Deep Forest Reverse (5 Laps)

Vin Diesel Special
Cars Required: You know what a muscle car is, go find one! '79 and earlier.

Land SHARK!
Car Required: BMW Z4 '03
MODS ALLOWED: 315hp Max
Track: Autumn Ring.

bread's done
Back