CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

PSN-ID: el_lobo
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: Central
Availability: Wednesday (some Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays)

Notes: I don't have the game, yet, but I have it ordered from Amazon and might pick it up from a store and return the Amazon one when I get it. Also, I am free on the weekends, but I do hang out with friends a lot and don't tend to be home very often. Thanks for setting this up. Can't wait to get in on this.

PSN-ID:gshocker
Time Zone: PST
Availability: Generally in the evenings.

Should be picking up the game this afternoon. Can't wait to play.

The casual clan is not up. Doesn't have an exciting name, but up:

Name: CAG Forum Clan
Tag: $CAG

I invited everyone into the casual clan who wanted it, except I decided to place StrandedBrit on the hardcore side. ;) Those who have their name in blue, Killzone 2 could NOT find your name when searching. I will try again later.

:lol:
I already "bought" the game... but I don't know how long whoever at Goozex that is doing the fulfillment on that "1600 points for a new game" promotion they had will take to place the orders, then Amazon has to ship it, and USPS has to deliver it... I'll probably break down and buy it at Walmart or something before and just return the copy I get from Amazon.

PSN: GodlyOne
Availability: Sundays

I'm in no hurry to buy Killzone 2 but I'll get it eventually.

PSN-ID: naesowns
Clan Choice: Casual, until I get good at this game
Availability: Evenings on weekdays, any time on weekends

ID- Gubermonster
Headset- Yes
Clan Choice- Casual for now (might change later if I get some free time/get good)
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Varies

Don't try to add me yet because I'm still waiting for my amazon package to arrive...

All right, I invited more to the clan. Everyone except for three are in the casual clan who asked. To remind everyone, to be in the hardcore clan, you don't have to be super hardcore. You just need to have a headset and if you are the type who prefers playing to win over playing to have fun. If you hate to play to have fun, then don't join the casual clan. This doesn't mean the casual clan will only goof off, it's just our attitude. We will still play clan games and such.

As for CAG nights, I was browsing through the options and what I'll probably do is create games and restrict it to clan members only. Sometimes we will password protect and other things. There's still a lot I gotta figure out. You can find the game by checking the clan page.

ID- Yohsh
Headset- of course
Clan Choice- Casual
Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday

I just now started Killzone 2 online, so my name should now show up hopefully if you try to add me (Radiohead_Fan) to the clan.

PSN-ID: Ghost_Face_36
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Availability:Soon I hope. later/waiting on either new PS3 or fixing current unit.

ID- Phoenix_Azure
Headset - Yes
Clan Choice - Hardcore (depending on the time requirement)
Availability: Most all Sunday - Thursday, and about 50% for Friday and Saturday

[quote name='smiggity']Anyone interested in joining one of the tournaments this weekend? We should give it a go[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in joining if it's on Saturday -- I'll be out of town until Friday of next week starting from Sunday.

[quote name='js1']PSN-ID: Ghost_Face_36
Availability:Soon I hope. later/waiting on either new PS3 or fixing current unit.[/quote]

:cry:

[quote name='Ecofreak']

I'd be interested in joining if it's on Saturday -- I'll be out of town until Friday of next week starting from Sunday.[/quote]

Ill try to set one up. If we cant get enough CAGs Im sure I can get some people yo join temporarily.

To let everyone know, while we have two clans (for now), we will still play together on game nights, SmogItUp and I decided. We'll probably have to password protect it or whatever to keep certain people from joining our game, but I'll mess with the settings to see what works best.

PSN-ID: shindoku
Headset: Yes, but I don't like it. =D
Clan Choice: Casual, for now.
Availability: M Tu F -- afternoon=>night, and weekends. Any other weekday you have to check in with me.

Why didn't you guys name one of the clans CheapAssGamer? Surely that would have bypassed the filter. Also why no CAG clan tag? That dollar sign looks kind of lame.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why didn't you guys name one of the clans CheapAssGamer? Surely that would have bypassed the filter. Also why no CAG clan tag? That dollar sign looks kind of lame.[/QUOTE]Someone took the name CAG for the tag. We kind of had the same issue in R2 where someone out of no where had another CAG clan (where some accidentally joined it). There's no denying we wish we didn't have to use the $ sign. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn when we did "cheapassgamer" in Warhawk, it still caught the text in between. I know for one CAG member who had a particular PSN-ID with something in his name, it wouldn't let him create that as a PSN-ID. I'll have to see if I can find a list of the words PSN does not allow to be used.

In around a month or two, when the game starts to slow down, we'll probably overhaul the clan again (kind of like what we did in Warhawk).

EDIT: If people want to give me suggestions on what they'd like to see for the CAG night tomorrow, let me know. I'm putting together the rotation, options, password, etc. (if people want me to enable spectators, I can).

Game Name will be: CAG Forum Game (too short what what I really wanted, might alter the name)
Password: shaqfu

I learned I can promote someone to officer, but I need to see about how many (I kind of have a person in mind who I'd assign the position too).

Also, what I'm thinking about doing (not sure if people will like this) is having at least 2-3 CAG nights first, so we kind of figure out what works best and so on online. After that, I'll look into some clan tournaments and so on, IF people would like me to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN-ID: BravoSnake
Clan Choice: Casual...In future would like to join hardcore
Availability: Weekdays, but Friday and Saturdays are hot or cold due to my job for evening gaming.

PSN-ID: MSUHitman
Clan Choice: Casual (Only because I can't dedicate enough time to be hardcore.)
Availability: Mon., Wed., Thurs., Fri., Sat.: 7-midnight; Tuesday: 10-midnight. Unavailable on 99% of Sundays. If I am not on PSN, I'm on Live, gamertag = PSN name.

I think for now we just need to have all the maps and game modes available just to try them out. Though maybe on the maps, use the both half since it seems every game I play it's the same three maps since the matches take a while and it goes in the same order for everybody. And few people don't vote to change the map that's in rotation so it just stuck at the default rotation.

PSN-ID: Shadowkastone
Availability: All nites but Late Nite, say after 9pm to 4am

SmogItUp - you're the highest level person i know. so what do you use? and how do you equip the badges? have you gotten the turrets?

Mana you couldnt put the time up on the first page for people in GMT time zone. Even though i think im the only person from GMT :whistle2:|

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Mana you couldnt put the time up on the first page for people in GMT time zone. Even though i think im the only person from GMT :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]It would be quite late if I did (I could do that, not a problem). I do need to see who would be willing to play during the afternoon, so that can get anyone from Europe in (I have yet to go through times available. I'll get to that after I update the clan list in this thread and actually clan).

Thanks for that :)
I should definately be on playing tonight. I have accepted the clan invite :). It doesnt matter if you cant do an afternoon time this time around. But next time if you could do an afternoon time, it would be great.

[quote name='smiggity']I tried making a clan called CheapAssGamer just now, and it says it already exists.[/quote]

So who made the clan "CheapAssGamer"?? It would be cool if you would disband it so we could use that name.

[quote name='enufs8d']SmogItUp - you're the highest level person i know. so what do you use? and how do you equip the badges? have you gotten the turrets?[/quote]

The badges are equipped at the Weapons screen. I have the Medic with Medic Packs, and the engineer. The engineer sucks kind of b/c you have to use the shotgun

Weapons wise I like the SMG or Assault rifle.

PSN-ID: mykee98
Headset: Yes (official)
Time Zone: CST
Availability: thursday night sounds good to me, saturday night

Can't Play tonight 2/28/09 but will be available after that.

PSN-ID: Thomaticus
Headset: Yes (Warhawk bluetooth)
Availability: Various (depends on schedule)

PSN-ID: BlkHrt
Availability: Most evenings (definitely Thursday and Friday nights)

I would be interested in joining the hardcore clan, but smiggity is an asshole.

I wouldn't mind playing in the casual one I suppose. I've been having a lot of fun with Killzone 2, feel like playing it with some of you CAG guys sometime :)

PSN-ID: xGunCrazy
Headset: No (Will be buying one soon)
Time Zone: Pacific
Availability: Currently Thursday-Sunday Night

Uh, not to be weird or anything, But shouldn't the casual time for PST be 5pm instead of 6? Since the difference between East and Pacific is 3hrs? Or do I just not have enough tachyon particles in my main chronometer?

[quote name='smiggity']So who made the clan "CheapAssGamer"?? It would be cool if you would disband it so we could use that name.

[/QUOTE]

I did. :cool:

Didn't know if Mana was going to support this game, and I didn't want it to be a failure like GTA was. I thought the game would be too violent for his tastes and I doubted that he would be a fan. As far as disbanding the clan, I don't see that happening. I think I am going to try and set up something along the lines of CAGtac and so it is going to be fairly exclusive. I think it is going to be one of those, we'll call you, don't contact us type of things too.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I did. :cool:

Didn't know if Mana was going to support this game, and I didn't want it to be a failure like GTA was. I thought the game would be too violent for his tastes and I doubted that he would be a fan. As far as disbanding the clan, I don't see that happening. I think I am going to try and set up something along the lines of CAGtac and so it is going to be fairly exclusive. I think it is going to be one of those, we'll call you, don't contact us type of things too.[/QUOTE]We can never have too many clans at CAG. :cool: You could make the clan exclusively for the OTT. ;) Whatever it is you want to do, I'd gladly support it also.

Oh no, I've talked about leading a CAG clan for around two months since I've had success with a bunch of other CAG nights/games. And Smiggity and I decided over a month ago it would be best to divide the clans since I'm more of the "play to have fun person" while he is more "play to win".

I added everyone to the clan I could. "BlkHrt" PSN name, all I say when searching was someone with the same name, but had 28 at the end. Let me know if that's who you are or you just haven't logged into KZ2 yet.

I admit that I hate the "$" sign, but the only other things I thought of was CAGc, @CAG, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back