CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

Everyone who requested to be in the casual is in, except for those who didn't exactly tell me where they wanted to be (looks at barneygumble) and those I could not find.

I already have the maps ready to go for tonight. I also enabled spectator mode, but you must enter in the password "shaqfu" to get in. The first 32 people get in.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Everyone who requested to be in the casual is in, except for those who didn't exactly tell me where they wanted to be (looks at barneygumble) and those I could not find.

I already have the maps ready to go for tonight. I also enabled spectator mode, but you must enter in the password "shaqfu" to get in. The first 32 people get in.[/quote]

Hoping I'll make it
Sounds fun :D

Edit: Do all USB Microphones work on the PS3?
If so, I could just use my desktop mic off my computer if that would work

Will probably be getting a bluetooth headest in the future though

Last edited by a moderator:
To get everything straight, I will make 6:30pm EST the deadline to sign up for the clan (in order to get in on tonights game). If you do NOT sign up in this thread by 6:30pm EST and you are not friends with a CAG playing online, you will probably not be able to get in tonight.

Ive just come off from playing...been playing for like three and a bit hours. Played with some of you CAG's in other games, but no one was talking.

Im going to try my hardest to make it on tonight (i have a medic badge to play with), but im getting sleepy :cry:.

Hopefully i will see you all later :)

Also to make sure everyone is clear again, here is the info again for tonight:

Day: Saturday, 2/28
Time: Starting at 8pm EST (I MIGHT be a tad early, might be a tad late if something happens)
Game Name: CAG Forum Game
Password: shaqfu

If you are in the clan or have something who is playing on your buddy list, search that and join the game. Max of 32 players tonight. I enabled ALL maps and ALL game modes, for now. We'll see how it goes.
[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Ive just come off from playing...been playing for like three and a bit hours. Played with some of you CAG's in other games, but no one was talking.

Im going to try my hardest to make it on tonight (i have a medic badge to play with), but im getting sleepy :cry:.

Hopefully i will see you all later :)[/QUOTE]Most likely next week, I'll have the group play one hour later, but then have another game in the afternoon. My goal for tonight is to test this all out, see how it goes, and re-fine the CAG nights and have more of them.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Also to make sure everyone is clear again, here is the info again for tonight:

Day: Saturday, 2/28
Time: Starting at 8pm EST (I MIGHT be a tad early, might be a tad late if something happens)
Game Name: CAG Forum Game
Password: shaqfu[/QUOTE]

Sweet...I'll totally be on tonight. See you all then!

PSN-ID: TooLateForRoses
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Weeknights, weekends.

I'm late posting this, looks like I'll be making the next night.

In the OP, you put 6pm PST, should be 5pm.

I don't have any CAGs on my friend list, but I can just join through the clan page, right?

[quote name='shinryuu']In the OP, you put 6pm PST, should be 5pm.

I don't have any CAGs on my friend list, but I can just join through the clan page, right?[/QUOTE]Yes, that should work. Go to clan page, and press R1/L1 a few times until you are on the tab where you can see who is online playing.

To let everyone know, I'm running a tad behind right now on preparing (tons distracted me earlier), so don't be surprised if the server isn't up at 8pm EST exactly. Should be up no later than 8:10pm EST.

I dropped on the third game. No one would talk on my team. Well, one guy. And is it supposed to be like that, if you're near the opposing team you can hear them? I guess it makes sense.

I don't like my bluetooth headset. I think I'll get a new one. =d

I might hop in again later, otherwise fun stuff. Trakan was a beast with his sniper rifle.

I'm down to play whenever. I should be on later tonight.

ID: RudyPants
Mode: Casual
Time: 8-12 PST, weekends

I'm looking to grow my PSN friends list, so feel free to send me an invite.

I'm having a good time. Wish friendly fire was turned off, and team stacking wasn't happening though... :cry:

I was surprised to see wombat come in :p
I'm gonna keep playing till you guys leave lol

Good games guys. Of course my mic battery died a few minutes in (crappy BT125) so it's charging right now. Fun to play with CAGs and it's awesome to have the squads as well. I'm still having a hell of a time getting the running to shooting down because I swear I'm pressing the fire button and I start running. It's caused quite a few deaths that might have gone the other way. Anyone else dealing with it?

I just got off so I could watch a movie I rented for tonight, but that was a lot of fun.

Other than getting a lot of friendly fires, I did better than I expected to for just starting out.

Thanks a lot for showing up everyone. This was the most successful CAG PSN Game Night ever. We had 26 people at once and I'd estimate over 40 people came.

I'm very happy it worked out very well despite not being 100% sure how to set it up. Glad we could rank up and keep it a game for CAGs only at the same time. Anyway, if people want to make suggestions for future CAG nights, like what maps not to use, what types of games you don't want to see, whether you want bots removed, whether you want team kills removed, and so on, let me know. My goal is to continue to improve KZ2 nights. :D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Thanks a lot for showing up everyone. This was the most successful CAG PSN Game Night ever. We had 26 people at once and I'd estimate over 40 people came.

I'm very happy it worked out very well despite not being 100% sure how to set it up. Glad we could rank up and keep it a game for CAGs only at the same time. Anyway, if people want to make suggestions for future CAG nights, like what maps not to use, what types of games you don't want to see, whether you want bots removed, whether you want team kills removed, and so on, let me know. My goal is to continue to improve KZ2 nights. :D[/quote]

I'd probably leave it the way it was tonight, besides friendly fire
Great job with the first KZ2 night!
I will be attending many more in the future :)

TMK, always on top of things... anyway, here's my application:

PSN-ID: DaNaD

Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: GMT - Pacific
Availability: Friday or Saturday nights (If I find more time, I'd like to be in the hardcore clan)

i dont know, i think its more interesting with friendly fire on, then ill just shot every single person to make sure they are not cloaked or watever.

But awesome nite, most fun i had in awhile.

[quote name='zewone']You NEED to turn off friendly fire.[/QUOTE]I had friendly fire turned on because I thought (the game wasn't too clear) that you needed it in order for the matches to count (Warhawk is that way). But since that isn't the case, I will turn it off the next time.

However, to an extent I want friendly fire on so people become a bit more careful (like for the clan) when shooting. ;)
[quote name='bmachine']Definitely.[/QUOTE]Maybe I should keep it on then since that's what you say. :p

[quote name='zewone']You NEED to turn off friendly fire.[/QUOTE]

yeah, or else I'll have to send apology letters to my teammates every week.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']However, to an extent I want friendly fire on so people become a bit more careful (like for the clan) when shooting. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree -- getting 5 TKs in one round really irked me. But I fear that turning off TKing will lose some of the fear and chaos of the whole experience.

We should definitely try it for one weekend and then decide. My vote, though, will more than likely be to keep it on.

Thanks again Mana for hosting and organizing. I had a great time (save for Tarakan (sp?) and his blasted sniper rifle & "Disguise myself, run into a bunch of the enemy, open fire and cause massive chaos" runs) and look forward to next week. ;)

I guess game night is over. I'm the only one in the room now.

I think FF is fine except in those small crowded maps that should not be in the playlist. Trakan was owning (again) in the last game. Focker.

[quote name='Ecofreak']"Disguise myself, run into a bunch of the enemy, open fire and cause massive chaos" runs)[/quote]That part was likely me.

I probably played more as the other team (aka being a spy) than I did my own. Seeing and hearing everyone's confusion when they thought a teammate was shooting them, when it was really me, was priceless :cool:

[quote name='shinryuu']I guess game night is over. I'm the only one in the room now.

I think FF is fine except in those small crowded maps that should not be in the playlist. Trakan was owning (again) in the last game. Focker.[/QUOTE]I don't think I was able to control what types of games could be used in each map individually. I had to choose which types of games would occur (I chose all), and then selected every map. I also wanted every map for the first CAG night so everyone (especially to those who haven't played much online) could play every map for the first time. For sure, I will tweak the settings.

Everyone who wants to be a member of the hardcore or casual clan from tonight, please sign up in this thread. I might not invite anyone to the clan after tomorrow morning, since I kind of want to take the day off sleeping (I'm a little worn out at the moment).

Good games everyone. And yeah, it got really annoying when you'd throw a grenade and people would run into it and you'd get a TK :(. I know that happened to Phoenix a few times ;).

I really, really, really, need a microphone though. Does any USB mic work or does it have to be bluetooth?

EDIT: Also I was disgusted to have bring wombat back to life. :( ;)

That was fun. I hated friendly fire at first, but it's not like anybody is teamkilling on purpose and it adds a nice bit of randomness in it.

I killed a few people on accident thinking it was someone else in disguise. I don't know how that ability works, but I was suspicious one time and headshot my fellow CAGer. Whoops.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']Wombat = TN, TD as long as he is on the other team. I loved watching him kill more people on his team than killing the enemy.[/QUOTE]
Haha. I think there was one sequence before he left where I threw a nade, TK'd someone. Then he threw a nade, TK'd me.

EDIT: I want to join Hardcore, but later. My headset isn't so good. It's a normal bluetooth one for my cell phone. I'm not sure if the sound quality is always that bad on the PS3 (first multiplayer game on the PS3 I've played) or if it was the headset. I might invest in a good PC headset that I can just use for the PS3. Also I'm not, skill-wise, ready for competitive play.

[quote name='Thongsy']That was fun. I hated friendly fire at first, but it's not like anybody is teamkilling on purpose and it adds a nice bit of randomness in it.[/quote]

Thongsy, me and you gotta get in some more games together. Get Dauth too so we can kick it like MGO. ;)

That was good fun.. The friendly fire makes things a bit more of a challenge. I had not gotten to much time to play till this evening so still trying to figure it all out but it was still fun. Can't wait for the next one.

[quote name='Thomas96']yeah, or else I'll have to send apology letters to my teammates every week.[/quote]

Psht, you kicked ass.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Wombat = TN, TD as long as he is on the other team. I loved watching him kill more people on his team than killing the enemy.[/quote]

Ya, now we got to hear him complain about Killzone 2 in the next cagcast. "Killzone 2 is just so frustrating! You cannot tell whos who online!" No Wombat, it was only you! =P

Really am loving KZ2! The whole look of it is really cool. And I love that glow on the players, seeing red eyes everywhere is really scary.

bread's done
Back