CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='Ecofreak']It's gonna be BostonCollegeFan, cause we always need a chaotic player to add some spice to the game. AM I RITE? ;)

And it's great that both clans are getting so many people even only 3 days after launch. Hopefully, we'll get ~20 people for the competitive clan so we can get the full 16 plus some back-up players. Looking forward to playing some clan matches! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]He was not the surprise I was talking about (I've actually known BostonCollegeFan for quite a while at a few forums we both posted at, so that was one reason for the appointment). I'll decide this week on who it will be. I'm already the chaotic/crazy person of the casual clan anyway. :p

What I'll probably do for officers, is that I'll select one that is PST, and two others who are available during very different times. Basically, I just want to choose the right people so it's like I have someone around the clock.

Anyway, I updated the clan list again. The following names I searched, but found zero results:
CJACKN1
Fourier_Series
Hades79
joe102187

So far there are 35 in the clan who have accepted their invites including myself. I'm hoping to have at least 50 in the clan who have accepted.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']He was not the surprise I was talking about (I've actually known BostonCollegeFan for quite a while at a few forums we both posted at, so that was one reason for the appointment). I'll decide this week on who it will be. I'm already the chaotic/crazy person of the casual clan anyway. :p[/quote]

True -- you did get some impressive killing streaks going last night.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']So far there are 35 in the clan who have accepted their invites including myself. I'm hoping to have at least 50 in the clan who have accepted.[/QUOTE]

Which is the biggest CAG clan (I'm guessing Warhawk)? And how many members does it have?

With a release as monumental as this for the sake of both the Sony and the PS3, I would hope that the membership for Killzone 2 surpasses that of the other clan games.

I'm the suicide bomber. One of my favorite tactics is just blowing myself up in a group of the enemys :) Although I'm probably not gunna jump to the hardcore clan cause I forgot MLB 09 comes out in like two days and i'm part of the online league, so i'm going to stay in the casual one :D. Promotion would be pretty sick though, heh.

Smog's Official CAG SOCOM Clan is very impressive. I think we had 16 CAGs on one Tuesday night just recently. Not sure how that rivals Warhawk but we were all really blown away but the turnout.

I'm about to head out a business trip so I won't be able to play with the
hardcore.jpg
clan until I get back.

I don't know if this a bad thing or not, but I have 2 mics. The Jabra Warhawk one, and a Motorola 700(0?) one. I don't know which one is better though. And until I find SOCOM cheap (with the headset) I won't get that Headset.

my question is and sorry if i may have missed the answer to this already, but if you wanna go hardcore is that cool if your a casual ( casual going hardcore )? no biggie if not just some folks might want to be but n ot sure how there weeks might be right away.

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to make tomorrow's meet (Evening classes ftw...)
I'm going to be there for Thursday's meet for sure though

This game has me hooked
I'm supposed to be studying right now, but I think I'm gonna sneak in a few Killzone 2 matches before i go to sleep :p

PSN-ID: MisterB_66
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Hardcore (already in the clan)
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Any time on non-socom nights except fridays, which is only after 10.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to make tomorrow's meet (Evening classes ftw...)

This game has me hooked
I'm supposed to be studying right now, but I think I'm gonna sneak in a few Killzone 2 matches before i go to sleep :p[/QUOTE]

Ugh, tell me about it. :roll:

[quote name='Fenderfuzz']my question is and sorry if i may have missed the answer to this already, but if you wanna go hardcore is that cool if your a casual ( casual going hardcore )? no biggie if not just some folks might want to be but n ot sure how there weeks might be right away.[/QUOTE]People are more than welcome to switch clans after a while. If people rather go hardcore after a while, that's fine. If people rather go casual after a while, that's fine. I said that a few times in the thread, but I understand not everything gets read. ;)

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to make tomorrow's meet (Evening classes ftw...)

This game has me hooked
I'm supposed to be studying right now, but I think I'm gonna sneak in a few Killzone 2 matches before i go to sleep :p[/QUOTE]It happens, no worries. I just don't have KZ2 setup on Tuesday/Wednesday since those tend to be our jam packed CAG nights already, but any days around them there's a chance of a KZ2 night
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'd join a clan but I hate having that clan name thing on my name when playing...[/QUOTE]You don't have to be a clan member to get into CAG nights, yet. For sure on Saturday, I will never restrict that to a clan. For now the games are open to anyone on CAG.

I just wish the damn game would show up. Skimming through these KZ2 threads can be depressing. Some times being cheap does not pay off!

PSN-ID: CheapyD
Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: Tokyo, GMT +9
Availability: After 8PM EST (Sunday to Thurday)

[quote name='Zyzomys']I just wish the damn game would show up. Skimming through these KZ2 threads can be depressing. Some times being cheap does not pay off![/QUOTE]It happens. Don't worry, a clan spot has already been reserved for you, so you can receive the invite right when you get on. ;)

I updated the clan list again and sent out invites to everyone. We are definitely looking forward to Cheapy playing also (Wombat and many others were thinking Cheapy was one of the few missing from the game on Sat.).

Again, tonight there will be a CAG Night:
Game Name: CAG Forum Game (It MIGHT change slightly to saying 2 at the end)
Password: shaqfu

You can join by checking you "who's online" within the clan or by checking your friends list.

PSN-ID: MHG4LYFE
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Availability: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. In a month or so, then I will be available every day.

[quote name='Fenderfuzz']my question is and sorry if i may have missed the answer to this already, but if you wanna go hardcore is that cool if your a casual ( casual going hardcore )? no biggie if not just some folks might want to be but n ot sure how there weeks might be right away.[/quote]

I definitely don't fit the definition of a HARDCORE gamer...I would just rather play with Smog than that other guy. You'd have to ask him, but I'm sure no one is going to hold you to a minimum standard of performance to join the hardcore clan.

The game times and passwords will be posted here on the thread so it's definitely possible to play with both clans, if you've got the time. Most of the "hardcore" peeps played with the "casual" team over the weekend. I'm pretty sure you can only be a member of one clan but you should be able to play whenever the fuck you feel like it.

I'll be in tonight's game. Hopefully, I'll have finished my getting the ribbons for the health pack ability by then.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying KZ2's ranking system. Feels like a vacation from being a career solider in Warhawk.

PSN-ID: mad_alien
Headset: Simple yes
Time Zone: Central
Availability: evenings after 8pm central

[quote name='zenprime']I'll be in tonight's game. Hopefully, I'll have finished my getting the ribbons for the health pack ability by then.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying KZ2's ranking system. Feels like a vacation from being a career solider in Warhawk.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it is much easier. Another reminder is that tonight's game will NOT have team kills. I just have to say that over and over again.

PSN-ID: Jaylu
Clan Choice: Causal
Availability: Later at night, after 10pm on the weekdays.

PSN ID: stygian213
Availability: Most weekdays, some Fridays late at night.

All right, here is the official information tonight.

Name: CAG Night
Password: shaqfu

Map Rotatation
1. Blood Gracht
2. Radec Academy
3. Pyrrhus Rise
4. Salamun Market
5. Tharsis Depot

If anyone wants other maps to replace any of these, let me know before 6pm EST and I'll make the changes.

I updated the clan listing too. As for the hardcore clan, I will tell SmogItUp to add you all by 5pm EST. Anyone who signs up after that MIGHT not get into the clan before tonight's match.

Vasari Hammer and Corinthians Crossing please please please heh. Or one of those two. I think Corinthians Crossing is one of the more popular ones (it's the boat one) but either way looking forward to tonight.

sweet man sounds like it should be alot of fun and thank you for organizing this little clan thingy get together thingy.

Well, this was going to be a 2-2.5 hour CAG night tonight (mostly because its a weekday match), which is why I didn't put all 8 maps, but I guess we'll just have everyone vote for which map they want (we'll still play 5). I can go ahead and do that, but PLEASE vote for the map you want to play next everyone, not just the one in order (so it turns out to be the 5 maps everyone wants to play). I could shorten rounds, but I rather not do that.

Not sure if anyone wants this, but I upped Body count kills to 25, compared to just 20, since I think Body count is just too fun and ends too quickly (especially if we can fill all 32 slots).

PSN-ID: shogun3160
Time Zone: PST
Availability: Most nights and weekends

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'd do Body Count to 100; it's only like ten minutes then which is great....for us with the +3 points per BC count hah ;)[/QUOTE]It's actually 5 minutes, for each at max. I dunno how high body count goes, gotta check.

The UT3 guys are gonna pray on this because I said I'd finally join in, but I'll do KZ2 tonight since it's a special occasion (and I'm hooked on leveling up)

PSN-ID: GrenZeiram
Time Zone: US Central

Availability: Usually after 9pm Central Time weeknights and weekends just about any time.

Okay, so I opened KZ2 up and I joined the Hardcore clan. My ranking looks really insignificant right now. Oh well, I plan on playing some tomorrow, if all goes according to plan.

[quote name='KingBroly']Okay, so I opened KZ2 up and I joined the Hardcore clan. My ranking looks really insignificant right now. Oh well, I plan on playing some tomorrow, if all goes according to plan.[/QUOTE]That's fine, just has to be more of your style.

All right, to get into the casual clan (despite what I may have said earlier), the deadline is 7pm EST, in order to get in it before the CAG Game tonight. If you don't, you may not get into the clan until tomorrow.

Also, I went ahead and created the CAG Killzone 2 social group just for the heck of it:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=172 (not clan specific)

I finally got the game! I will accept the clan invite but I want to hold off playing online until I have played some of the game. I need to become familiar with the controls - not that it will have any affect on my game play. ;) Some one needs to be bait.

PSN-ID: RickyRopes
Time Zone: US Eastern

Availability: Usually after 7pm Eastern Time weeknights and weekends just about any time.

I'll be looking for you guys tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to remind everyone to squad up! Nothing sucks more then running your ass all over the map only to miss the fun firefights.

[quote name='saddamizer']PSN-ID: RickyRopes
Time Zone: US Eastern

Availability: Usually after 7pm Eastern Time weeknights and weekends just about any time.

I'll be looking for you guys tonight
[/QUOTE]There's no guarantee if you'll get in by tonight since I already sent the PM to Smiggity (Clan leader of the hardcore clan) about who to add before the game tonight. If he reads this post, he might get to it.

bread's done
Back