CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm confused .. are we doing sign ups again? If so, I guess sign me up for the Casual CAG Regulars.

PSN-ID: Maklershed
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual CAG Regulars
Time Zone: Est
Availability: Weeknight 8-10pm; Weekend 8-12am[/QUOTE]You do not have to sign up again. I'll tell you later. If you are signed up, that's it.

Everyone, I need your attention. Would everyone prefer I delay the hardcore vs. Casual Match until Thursday, so we can better plan it?? We will still have another room open to other CAG members. I'm asking this because we didn't fully plan on how to do this.

If you rather get this over with, fine. If you rather plan and make it 100% official on Thursday, that's fine.

Just please let me know everyone.
[quote name='Beanopolis']Looks like I'm in Casual 2 since I'm just under 50 posts (for now). Doesn't make much of a difference to me, I just want to enjoy playing the game with some fellow CAG'ers.

Anyway... Thanks, ManaKnight, for organizing all this together. I'm sure it takes a chunk of time out of your day and so far you've been pretty quick to update and send out invites (I'll accept mine when I get home from work today).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Keegs']Thanks for organizing this, MK. Looks like you put some work into it![/QUOTE]It really sucks I'm limited to just 64 people per clan, which caused me to separate them. There's no shame being in the 2nd casual clan, because I'd say its average rank is actually higher than the other. Regardless, you will play clan battles AND you getting into CAG games will be MUCH easier from now on.

Anyway, what will happen is:
CAG Hardcore vs. CAG Casual 1 (Monday or Thursday)
CAG Hardcore vs. CAG Casual 2 (Thursday or Saturday)
CAG Casual 1 vs. CAG Casual 2 (Saturday)

FYI, I'll be getting on KZ2 tonight and playing as a medic for the Casual clan....whether the clan battle is still going on around 10:30 or 11PM CST when I get on is another question :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still hate the Clan tag name showing up while playing... otherwise I'd join a team.[/QUOTE]

Tell us how you feel about it tomorrow.

And then the day after that.

And after that.

And so forth.

[quote name='Beanopolis']Looks like I'm in Casual 2 since I'm just under 50 posts (for now). Doesn't make much of a difference to me, I just want to enjoy playing the game with some fellow CAG'ers.

Anyway... Thanks, ManaKnight, for organizing all this together. I'm sure it takes a chunk of time out of your day and so far you've been pretty quick to update and send out invites (I'll accept mine when I get home from work today).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Keegs']Thanks for organizing this, MK. Looks like you put some work into it![/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']I do not think I'll be able to make it tonight. Especially if it's at 9, because I watch 24.[/QUOTE]So you'd prefer Thursday then? I just want to know.

If we have no clan battle tonight, there WILL be a CAG night for everyone at 9pm EST.

I just think that Monday night is a bad night for Killzone 2. Plus, we've had 3 CAG games in 2 days. I think we sh

[quote name='KingBroly']I just think that Monday night is a bad night for Killzone 2. Plus, we've had 3 CAG games in 2 days. I think we sh[/QUOTE]I actually agree with you, which is why I rather do Thursday actually. But want to make sure with everyone if its okay.

I'll admit, if people want to have a KZ2 night, we can today. If not, we'll just hold it off until Thursday.

Eh, if people want to object, I'm just going to make the first clan battle Thursday, have 1-2 on Saturday. I just feel its best we prepare. So everyone in the casual clan 1 and hardcore clan can prepare. Hopefully by Thursday, invites are situated in the 2nd casual clan and they can have a clan battle on Saturday.

[quote name='tenchi']Boost is a skill that is unlocked with the assault class. It temporarily lets them run very fast and regenerates their health. If you use it 10x in match for 8 matches, you can combine the boost ability with other classes.[/quote]

It's unlocked with the assault class? I got boost for my medic after I got all all the health pack ribbons while I was still the rank you get the engineer class. I don't think I even have the rank you get the assault class on yet.

If there is a game tonight I won't be able to make it till 10EST since I have to move some furniture. I'm up for KZ2 any night except Tuesday and Sunday or any CAG WH night.

Moving the game to Thursday will also give the casual clan members time to rank up. This way, if we get ours asses handed to us, which we just may anyways hehe, we can't say it's because of rank.

I'm sorta addicted to KZ2 so if there is a decent amount of people who want a hosted game on any nights outside of official cag nights, I'm more than happy to do that. We could do some training nights to work on squad tactics, get some of those impossible ribbons or just have fun shooting each other in the face.

Oops...I thought it didn't input it because I got sent back a page.

What I was going to say was that we should still do a Cag Clan match, but at a time when clan members have played together more to figure out their play styles, what works best for each map, etc.

[quote name='tenchi']Moving the game to Thursday will also give the casual clan members time to rank up. This way, if we get ours asses handed to us, which we just may anyways hehe, we can't say it's because of rank.

I'm sorta addicted to KZ2 so if there is a decent amount of people who want a hosted game on any nights outside of official cag nights, I'm more than happy to do that. We could do some training nights to work on squad tactics, get some of those impossible ribbons or just have fun shooting each other in the face.[/QUOTE]I'd like to have a CAG private match to work together, but not sure when though (Tuesday and Thursday is both bad for me, but I may let someone else do it on Tuesday or something).

Regardless, I had to create a new PSN-ID for the casual clan 2, which I listed in my third post. People can add it if they want, although I won't log into it anywhere near as much.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still hate the Clan tag name showing up while playing... otherwise I'd join a team.[/quote]

It shows up in CoD also so I don't see what the big deal is.

Also I would like to be in CAG 2 (the original casual one;) I have enough "rep" for that, right?

It would be nice to have a bit more time to rank up.
I really want to get the medic class tonight so I can at least seem a little bit useful when I'm not killing anyone.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']aww man I'm gonna miss casual vs. hardcore on thursday. But I'll definitely play on Saturday! Let's go casual :)[/QUOTE]You'll get other clan matches, so don't sweat it. ;)

Regardless, I would like to have at least 12 on 12, but we'll see what we can do.

Yeah, Mondays won't work for me until the next two weeks
I'd love to play in a clan vs clan match and would totally be able to make it on Thursday :)

[quote name='shinryuu']Yeah move it to Thursday so I can buy a new headset.[/QUOTE]I've pretty much settled on Thursday. Only reason I wasn't sure since I hate to keep everyone waiting, but it should work better.

I could definitely make a clan match on Thursday and maybe that casual vs causal match on Sunday(might go out with a friend to see Bob Kelly). I can finally test out my headset...

Well, if anyone wants to have a game tonight and host, go right ahead, I'll post the info. If people rather not have a game tonight, that's fine, we'll just wait until Thursday for the next game.

Looks like I will be on tonight after 9pm (EST). So you won't be on tonight, Mana?
I can set up a game if no one else wants to...

I mean, I could be on for two hours and host a room (if people are interested in playing). I kind of rather have someone else do it and take a break for the night (since I've been busy all day, feeling kind of tired and been having a headache all day (I stressed out my eyes too much)).

We'd play at 10pm EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll join in, at least you guys know what you're doing. I'm sick of playing and no one does the actual objectives, they just stay in one place and kill each other.

[quote name='KingBroly']I do not think I'll be able to make it tonight. Especially if it's at 9, because I watch 24.[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :applause:

I can host. game will be up at 9PM EST or soon after. Game name will be CAG GAME. password is shaqfu

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Thanks a lot tenchi. I updated the thread now. Game is going on right now if people want to play. I REALLY need to rest.[/quote]

Joined for a bit but I'm sorely in need of a good night of sleep as well. Probably won't happen, but I'll at least stop doing things that keep me so preoccupied til late.

Was in for the first map but it was wayyy to big for the few of us that were in early. Survived an assassination attempt mortally wounded too :D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
The bad news is you are one who might have to move clans (don't worry, there will still be clan battles), but I'd offer you an officer position in it though. However, we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Hey just as a sidenote on this... Why not split the clans on timezone vs just randomly? I mean given that the reason i got selected here (and really its no big deal...) was because i couldnt make a 6pm pst game :)

[quote name='lounges']Hey just as a sidenote on this... Why not split the clans on timezone vs just randomly? I mean given that the reason i got selected here (and really its no big deal...) was because i couldnt make a 6pm pst game :)[/QUOTE]Clans were actually split based on post count and other factors. Basically, one is more so for CAG regulars (post count, iTrader, blog posts, long history in CAG PSN Gaming nights, and other little factors), while the other is more so lurkers/newer people and so on. As some become more regular over time, they will be moved around (right now like I said, I grouped people who have played together many times over various games). The decision was made based on number of people in each group and what seems to work best. This does NOT mean one clan is way better than the other (in reality, the clan you are in now actually has a higher rank average). During CAG nights (most of them), its still open to everyone in the clan. Basically, the division has eliminated all previous clan problems we were having, and I decided it was best to put the people together who have played together the most in various games. I did consider time zones, but lets just say it would have been worse to do (because then I'd have to start from scratch on clans, re-divide everyone, and we still have quite a larger percentage of EST over the rest). And I actually want various time zones in a clan too because when there's a clan battle, some games may be really early, some really late. I need to have people who can attend various times, so its best to diversify it.

Because you were one I switched, I will (if you want it) make you an officer of the clan though, which gets you more involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Because you were one I switched, I will (if you want it) make you an officer of the clan though, which gets you more involved.[/QUOTE]

Nawh... not my thing... i just like to shoot people in the face.

Again its no big deal... just seems to me like timezones being a potential issue, it might have made more sense to split based on that.

Great Game! Many thanks to Tenchi for hosting!
OH GOD! GRENADE SPAM!!!111onewtfbbq

Lots of fun and I'm finally a medic (my dream!). lol

[quote name='Beanopolis']Great Game! Many thanks to Tenchi for hosting!
OH GOD! GRENADE SPAM!!!111onewtfbbq
[/quote]

Fun games tonight.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting blown up by Cheapy, RYAend, and the others.

That was great, and killing the internet space pimp cheapyD was everything I had hoped it would be. Tomorrow I get to try being a medic.

For squads, can you always spawn on the squad leader or is that an ability, if not for spawning on RYAend I probably never would have even found half of the battles.

Yeah that was great even though I was only able to catch the last thirty minutes.

Haha, playing against insurmountable odds is always fun even if the only outcome is failure. I think StarkKat and I did a pretty good job for the match being two versus four.

[quote name='happy']That was great, and killing the internet space pimp cheapyD was everything I had hoped it would be. Tomorrow I get to try being a medic.

For squads, can you always spawn on the squad leader or is that an ability, if not for spawning on RYAend I probably never would have even found half of the battles.[/quote]

You can always spawn on your squad leader, as long as he's still alive. You're welcome for getting you in the firefights. :cool:

Overall, I played absolutely terrible tonight. I actually had a freakin' negative KDR in the first game. LMG's seem to be my weakness. :lol: Good games though everyone. See you all on Thursday (with more Grenade Launchers).

[quote name='lounges']Nawh... not my thing... i just like to shoot people in the face.

Again its no big deal... just seems to me like timezones being a potential issue, it might have made more sense to split based on that.[/QUOTE]Like I said before, time zones need to vary, because we might play clans which play late (and need some people who can play late) and some clans who play early (and we need people to play early). We will be playing people from all over the world no doubt. That's why I did not divide on time zone. Plus, I know some others who have done the same method as me. Oh well, just thought I'd offer you the position. ;) Most likely anyway, clans will be merged together when the popularity of the game decreases, so I don't expect any of the current clan division to last forever. Regardless, I'm just glad the major headache with the clan is mostly gone.

Anyway, glad to the game night went well. I wish I could play, but I was too burned out today and just wanted to relax playing flower.

[quote name='Bavgate']You can always spawn on your squad leader, as long as he's still alive. You're welcome for getting you in the firefights. :cool:

Overall, I played absolutely terrible tonight. I actually had a freakin' negative KDR in the first game. LMG's seem to be my weakness. :lol: Good games though everyone. See you all on Thursday (with more Grenade Launchers).[/quote]

Damnit! The only night I don't play RYAend sucks... You just try when I'm there to make me mad.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah that was great even though I was only able to catch the last thirty minutes.

Haha, playing against insurmountable odds is always fun even if the only outcome is failure. I think StarkKat and I did a pretty good job for the match being two versus four.[/quote]

Yeah, I was about to just hang around our end of the spawn because I noticed it was only you guys, but Tenchi sat out instead. After that, I just started messing around (jumping/spinning). I was even walking right up to you guys so I could try and get a headshot with the shotgun. I like when the heads explode. :lol:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Damnit! The only night I don't play RYAend sucks... You just try when I'm there to make me mad.[/quote]

HAHA! Yeah, I don't know what happened in between the hour before that I played with Dauth/Thongsy and the CAG game. I was ripping it up, then I joined the CAG game and started to bite the dust. Maybe it was the fact that I was constantly switching classes to Tactician since we had none on our team. I guess it threw me off.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah that was great even though I was only able to catch the last thirty minutes.

Haha, playing against insurmountable odds is always fun even if the only outcome is failure. I think StarkKat and I did a pretty good job for the match being two versus four.[/quote]

You both got plenty of easy kills on me to make up for it. I just wanted to make sure I got to 20 points for that ribbon thing (not that I have any idea what they do)

I was trying to use the pistol to try and go for that ribbon, but using a pistol is tough; plus it is pretty hard to go up against a guy with a shotgun when you are using a pistol.

Haha, I remember you jumping up and down in circles; I was surprised that I was able to take you down even though you were far away—jumping and spinning—and I was using a pistol.

Killzone 2's multiplayer is really chaotic, which is probably one of the reasons I like it so much. Most of the encounters feel intense and there are a lot of times where I barely scrape by in killing my opponent. That and the constantly changing game modes keep the game interesting.

Played a few 6 on 6 matches earlier. It was actually quite slow. It was also boring since it was on that big desert map (Phyrrus Ruin?). Anyways...it was on that map that I got my 8th Quick Draw Ribbon. I don't know what the big deal about the Revolver is (Haven't used it yet), and I don't get why people are complaining about it being hard to get. The hardest one to get has got to be 10 Melee kills 8 times.

I'm also nearing in on the Boost medal. Just 2 to go. I'm wondering how I can combine these abilities with other classes. I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

bread's done
Back