CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

I'm away from my xbox til tomorrow (well really late tonight). I'll join the league and get to setting up my first game (I assume we're skipping the preseason). So that means I need to connect with the Atlanta Falcons owner (yanksfan/mattny). I'd prefer msgs via PM here on CAG as I check CAG everyday, but not so much on XBL. I'm usually most available nights after 9:30pm EST

Saints - 14
Packers - 7

The Saints pulled out a squeaker over the Packers. Either both teams defenses showed up...or neither team's quarterbacks did. I'm not sure which, haha. The Saints won the turnover battle 5-4, with the difference also being deciding factor in the game. pitfallharry kinda got screwed on this one...but I guess that's Madden.

Facing 4th down close to midfield, I wanted to punt the ball high and try to get under it to catch it (which I still can only do about 5% of the time it seems). Anyway, his returner moved out of the way, and my defender settled under the ball. But then, one of his other players just kept running into my guy. So, of course, the ball comes down, hits his guy in the back, and bounces to one of my guys. It was really just a bad break (I guess you have to try to switch to any player near the circle and run him the hell away).

Both teams had other chances to score though and kept coming up short. Red zone effectiveness played a big role as the Saints was 2-2 with 2 TDs and the Packers were 1-3 with 1 TD. gg pitfall. Sorry you got screwed on the punt. I'm sure it'll come back around to me at some point this season.

Drew Brees went 9-19 for 124 yds, 0 TDs, and 4 INTs
Aaron Rodgers went 13-32 for 208 yds, 1 TD, and 4 INTs

Yech...I guess it was the QBs, lol.

Saints 14
Packers 7

Good game, n8. This game was completely different from our Titans/Colts shootouts in the other league. I'm not sure if we're just getting used to our new teams or if we have better defenses now. I do know the Packers' D is a hell of a lot better than the Colts'.

I will say the goof that led to your first TD was absolute bullshit. :lol: I moved my return guy out of the way to let the punt drop, and then the damn ball bounces off my blocker. That's the first time I've seen that happen in a Madden game. I never saw what happened after your player recovered. The camera angle got all wonky on me.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I will say the goof that led to your first TD was absolute bullshit. :lol: I moved my return guy out of the way to let the punt drop, and then the damn ball bounces off my blocker. That's the first time I've seen that happen in a Madden game. I never saw what happened after your player recovered. The camera angle got all wonky on me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had to look at the replay after the game to figure out exactly what happened. Out of the context of a competitive game, it was actually kinda funny, lol. The ball came down, kinda pinged off the back of your guys helmet/shoulder pads and then rocketed about 8 yards backward into the arms of one of my guys coming down field.

What's really funny though is watching your blocker essentially dry hump my defender for 3-4 seconds before the ball comes down. He just keeps trying to run through him, and when the ball does come down, my guy actually does try to make a catching motion, but the ball never gets to him. What I don't understand is why the play was blown dead when my guy caught the ball. He was still running down field when the whistle blew. I'll save a replay and try to upload it to Youtube (since uploading to the damn EA servers wrecks the league website).

Awesome! All teams except the Jags have an owner now. That takes care of all the week 1 matchups (Jags play Titans in week 1, so CPU vs CPU there). Everybody now has an opponent to contact, so let's get these games scheduled guys! If we can advance before Friday, that would be great!

For some reason, I thought we only had to play our secondary team's game if it was against a primary team. Was that ever the plan or did I just have it wrong?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']For some reason, I thought we only had to play our secondary team's game if it was against a primary team. Was that ever the plan or did I just have it wrong?[/QUOTE]

No, that's right. Secondary vs Secondary gets simmed. The Jets have the Cowboys in week 1. That's two secondary teams, so you're good. You don't have to worry about that game.

I'll join the league tomorrow once I get back into town. Went back home with family and won't be back at my apartment until tomorrow since I don't have school until monday.

[quote name='Docb9110']I messaged about the Carolina game, appears to be against Arizona which I believe is a secondary team as well. CPU!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Arizona is a secondary team too. So, that game will be simmed. You don't need to worry about it.

[quote name='japaki']are their spots open?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Any team in all caps in the OP is available...even if there is a member name beside them. Because we had less than 32 members, most players picked up an extra team so no one would have to play the CPU. You may choose any of those teams.

PM sent to hostyl1 for our Week 1 game.

Edit - It looks like Bears-Falcons are set for 9:30 tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']What I don't understand is why the play was blown dead when my guy caught the ball. He was still running down field when the whistle blew. [/QUOTE]

NFL rules state that a muffed punt cannot be advanced. This is different from a blocked punt.

[quote name='Yanksfan']PM sent to hostyl1 for our Week 1 game.[/QUOTE]

PM returned: 9:30pm EST okay w/ you?

[quote name='hostyl1']NFL rules state that a muffed punt cannot be advanced. This is different from a blocked punt.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I should have known that, but somehow didn't. I guess it's odd that a kickoff can be muffed and returned, but a punt can't.

Broncos-Raiders tomorrow at 11 am EST.

PS: my roster still has Orton as the starter. Just FYI, I'll be playing with Lord of the Underthrow, Tim Tebow in all of my games.

Finally back in town today. Will join the league later after the raiders game and get some practice in before playing my game tomorrow against KasterDB.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah, hopefully we don't get cut off tonight. Sucked that we played all and then we got cut off. I was hoping for some last minute heroics.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling, happened with my secondary team on Fri. Disconnected with less then a minute left, and I was making my drive to tie it.

Atlanta - 21
Chicago - 10

It was a very close game that I was fortunate to get more breaks is all. It truly could have gone either way. His Pass D smothered my passing game and I had to rely on the run to move the ball with any hope of consistency.

Good game!

Re ATL 21 CHI 14: Yeah, I was able to move the ball a bit, but Yanks was able to get stops when he needed it.

Questions though.
1) Is it possible to use custom playbooks? I know we can choose any coaches book, but can we design our own and use it like in offline franchises? If so, where do you go to edit those options?

2) Can we (pre-game) edit the gameflow to change playcalling frequency, and can that be maintained week to week. Again, I know this can be done in offline franchises, but I just didnt see any options outside of a game.

3) One last online v. offline change: can you permanently edit roster spots for example Williams is my #1 WR, I'd like him to be the #2. I could swap it every game, but can I do it so that it lasts from week to week.

Thanks all.

The broncos defeat the Raiders 31-17. The game was tied for most of the time until the Broncos intercepted Campbell and returned it for a td. From there, the Raiders were driving but couldn't convert a 4th and 1. The Broncos then took advantage and put the nail in the coffin with another rush td. Good game Kaster.

Yeah, AJV, you too. Next time I'll stop that always dangerous and tricky swing pass to the fullback before the 79 yard touchdown :p

[quote name='KasterDB']Yeah, AJV, you too. Next time I'll stop that always dangerous and tricky swing pass to the fullback before the 79 yard touchdown :p[/QUOTE]

I didnt think I would be able to get a td off of that. Surprised me too :applause:

[quote name='hostyl1']Re ATL 21 CHI 14: Yeah, I was able to move the ball a bit, but Yanks was able to get stops when he needed it.

Questions though.
1) Is it possible to use custom playbooks? I know we can choose any coaches book, but can we design our own and use it like in offline franchises? If so, where do you go to edit those options?

2) Can we (pre-game) edit the gameflow to change playcalling frequency, and can that be maintained week to week. Again, I know this can be done in offline franchises, but I just didnt see any options outside of a game.

3) One last online v. offline change: can you permanently edit roster spots for example Williams is my #1 WR, I'd like him to be the #2. I could swap it every game, but can I do it so that it lasts from week to week.

Thanks all.[/QUOTE]

1) No. Custom playbooks can't be used in online franchise.

2) Really have no idea, but considering the options that are left out of online franchise, I'd say probably no.

3) Yes. Just go to your depth chart in the regular league menus. The only problem is I'm pretty sure your depth chart gets reset when you leave your time (ie. when you play as your secondary team). So, you'll probably have to fix it after reclaiming your team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengals beat the Browns, 31-17. Pacman Jones has three interceptions, including a pick 6, and Andy Dalton tosses 2 touchdowns to go with 200+ yards. The Bengals defense limits the Browns to 101 yards on offense, and Josh Cribbs returns a kick 101 yards for a score.

Just looking over the schedule, it looks like after the Lions - Bucs game finishes up the only games left are

Eagles vs Rams (scheduled for 10 PM CST tonight)
Seahawks vs 49ers (I'm guessing G33 is still waiting on his game to arrive)

G33, any word on when you'll have the game? The sooner we can advance the better.

I'm really sorry you had to wait for me Blade. Like I said, was working on my homework and time just got away from me. I looked up, it was 20 after and I got on ASAP. I understand if you're frustrated, I know I would be. It's my bad, lemme know if I can do something to make it up to you

Lol, I am just frustrated I lost after all those great plays I had. It's cool, I was supposed to go somewhere with a friend right after, but he is dumb and isn't even here yet so it's all good.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Just looking over the schedule, it looks like after the Lions - Bucs game finishes up the only games left are

Eagles vs Rams (scheduled for 10 PM CST tonight)
Seahawks vs 49ers (I'm guessing G33 is still waiting on his game to arrive)

G33, any word on when you'll have the game? The sooner we can advance the better.[/QUOTE]

I received a shipping notification yesterday, so it is on its way. Making general assumptions about normal shipping times (about the same as shipping something from NY to CA), it should be here by Friday or Saturday. For the sake of moving the season along in a timely manner, you can go ahead and sim my first game. I believe the Seahawks are a secondary team, so no one really loses out. If I'm wrong and it's someone's primary, then I don't mind taking a loss.

[quote name='Blade3D']Lost 31-28, missed a 51 yd. FG with 7 seconds left to tie.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Sounds like that was a good game!

[quote name='G33']I received a shipping notification yesterday, so it is on its way. Making general assumptions about normal shipping times (about the same as shipping something from NY to CA), it should be here by Friday or Saturday. For the sake of moving the season along in a timely manner, you can go ahead and sim my first game. I believe the Seahawks are a secondary team, so no one really loses out. If I'm wrong and it's someone's primary, then I don't mind taking a loss.[/QUOTE]

I think a sim is fair for that one (as Seattle is a secondary team). Anybody object to that? If not, we SHOULD be able to advance tonight...which is pretty damn impressive if I say so myself considering we just started on Friday. That's mid-season form right there! :)

Rams owner here: just getting around the joining the league ... Can someone PM the league password to me? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Thanks.

I thought the password was 'cagls'. That is what I used last night.

I am definitely fine with simming that game so we can move forward. I too am impressed we are ready to move forward. That seems like it is a good sign for the league.

Thanks to CAGSports to all the work and effort in this!

Rams: 20
Eagles: 17

After Michael Vick connected with Vincent Jackson on a 57-yard strike to tie the game at 17-17 with 1:11 left in the fourth, the Rams' offense, which had been held humbly in check for the entire game, somehow managed to drive into field goal range. Josh Brown hit a 43-yarder as time expired to give St. Louis the win.

Great game, ryno. After our first game disconnected, you seemed to have figured out my defense!

Gotta say: It's much more fun to play when I feel like the games are competitive. Really hoping this league sticks.

Great Game to You As Well Lyric, Really Glad to Play Well Fought Games
Definitely Was Being More Patient with the Offense The Second Go Around..

Couple Game Stats to Add On...

Vick went 13/24 for 198 Yards with 1 TD and 2 INT

Bradford went 8/18 with 101 Yards with 1 TD

Rams LB Chris Chamberlain runs a 36 yard INT return for a TD with just over 2 minutes to play

bread's done
Back