CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, I see James Butler injured. But I also see Darian Stewart listed at FS. You're also listed as having 3 SS's. If this is true, lyric, I think you're fine. We'll do a round of free agent pick ups once we advance to week 5.

There are a few teams with some lengthy injuries right now (Pats lost Ninkovich for the season and Gronkowski for 3 weeks, Bucs lost Talib for 9 weeks, etc). Anybody who wants more depth is free to explore the trade market. But as long as you have the minimum to play a game, free agents are off limits.[/QUOTE]

OK Thanks! I must have missed Stewart on my roster. I was having trouble with my roster in the other league, and it wouldn't let me play because I didn't have a fullback. I had to go and grab a free agent to get in a game. That's the only reason why I asked.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Sorry Blade that I couldn't get the game in tonight. The past 2 nights have been brutal with schoolwork. If you saw my online activity earlier as playing MW3 that was my roommate, I don't play COD because I even worse at that then Madden

Sent you a PM..7PM CST should work tomorrow night as my schedule for the week dies down[/QUOTE]

It's cool 7PM tomorrow works.

Saints - 35
Bears - 13

A perfectly balanced attack led New Orleans to victory in this one. 101 yards rushing and 101 yards passing. Rookie starting running back, Mark Ingram, started off the game with a nice 7 yard rush, but then he fumbled the ball. Amazingly, it was scooped up by WR Robert Meachem, who took it 59 yards for the opening score. On his next carry, Ingram picked up 11 yards...AND FUMBLED AGAIN!!! This time, however, the Bears recovered. Needless to say, Ingram was replaced by Darren Sproles for the rest of the game. Chicago answered with 2 FG's bringing the score to 7-6. On the ensuing kickoff, however, the Saints Courtney Roby returned the ball 100 yards for the score. Matching TD's followed, sending the game to halftime with a score of 21-13.

New Orleans took control in the 2nd half, scoring a quick TD on a 51 yard pass to Robert Meachem. Chicago tried to mount a late comeback, but was thwarted when a fumble of their own was returned by Malcolm Jenkins 69 yards for the final TD of the game. Man, some really wild plays in that game. Not to mention, several Bears players got hurt in this one. None of the injuries looked too serious, but Hester was knocked out of the game. gg, hostyl1. Like I said, take a few of those wild returns off the board and it's a much closer game. Your defense kept me pretty well in check.

[quote name='Superstar']The patriots lose Deion Branch for 9 weeks in their 24-7 win over the chargers. :([/QUOTE]

Damn...we need to start referring to your team as the Porcelains, lol. Those are two costly wins. You've got my sub team next week (Bills). Nick Barnett wonders if Tom Brady is next, lol ;)

Just a heads up, I'll be AFK (AF360?) 12/10-12/16 (should be available late 12/17). The way it looks like we're moving, that would impact week 4. For my Primary team (Bears v. Panthers) I could just take a sim as no one owns Carolina. But for the secondary, Ultimate Matt X would have to fins someone else to sub in as the Titans.

If it's week 5, I dont what to do w/ my primary as it's a real head-to-head of Bears v. Lions. (Again, someone else could just sub for the Titans V. Steelers)

Just wanted to put that out there early.

[quote name='hostyl1']Just a heads up, I'll be AFK (AF360?) 12/10-12/16 (should be available late 12/17). The way it looks like we're moving, that would impact week 4. For my Primary team (Bears v. Panthers) I could just take a sim as no one owns Carolina. But for the secondary, Ultimate Matt X would have to fins someone else to sub in as the Titans.

If it's week 5, I dont what to do w/ my primary as it's a real head-to-head of Bears v. Lions. (Again, someone else could just sub for the Titans V. Steelers)

Just wanted to put that out there early.[/QUOTE]

My secondary is the Panthers.

[quote name='Docb9110']My secondary is the Panthers.[/QUOTE]

I think he was trying to say that since it isn't anybody's primary team then it wouldn't matter if the game is just simulated

[quote name='Blade3D']Games between 2 secondary teams are simulated.[/QUOTE]

Except it wouldn't be two secondary teams. It would be a primary team where the owner couldn't play and a secondary...which is why he was suggesting it would be ok to sim it. Don't confuse each other even more.

I don't know if this idea would be welcome or not, but I wouldn't mind subbing for you guys now and then. I don't think I have the attention span for 2 Madden leagues full time which was why I didn't attempt to join this one, but throwing on the headset once in a while and not worrying about 1 loss knocking me out of the playoff race, that would be a nice change of pace.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn...we need to start referring to your team as the Porcelains, lol. Those are two costly wins. You've got my sub team next week (Bills). Nick Barnett wonders if Tom Brady is next, lol ;)[/QUOTE]

It's crazy but as soon as Branch goes out - Price stepped up and caught a 33 (i think) yard touchdown pass. Bring it on Nick Barnett! ;)

Browns 21
Colts 27

A bomb to Reggie Wayne with 30 seconds or so left put the Colts up by 6. It could have easily gone the other way as the Browns had just scored moments before that to go up 21-20. Good game, I even up the Colts so now someone else can take over, and I didn't leave you in the hole.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Someone might have to fill in for me to play Blade. We are having no luck with a connection right now and I have no control on the NAT here at school[/QUOTE]

How many times did you guys try to connect, and what exactly was happening? If you want, I could sub for you. That's up to you though if you want to try again.

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't know if this idea would be welcome or not, but I wouldn't mind subbing for you guys now and then. I don't think I have the attention span for 2 Madden leagues full time which was why I didn't attempt to join this one, but throwing on the headset once in a while and not worrying about 1 loss knocking me out of the playoff race, that would be a nice change of pace.[/QUOTE]

Ehh...sorry, Matt. I don't really like that idea. I'd rather keep subs within the league. Besides, I'm not really sure you'd even be right for this league. You did fairly well in the other one.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']How many times did you guys try to connect, and what exactly was happening? If you want, I could sub for you. That's up to you though if you want to try again.[/QUOTE]

We got the game in.. Thanks anyways for being willing to sub

Sadly I am going to have to do more practicing than I thought. I took a year off last year after playing 09 and 10 constantly and it is showing its results. Played better with KC than Philly even though the results were fairly similar. Questioning my Madden ability right now

Ready to go waiting on pitfall!

Also would it be easier to add everyOne as we are scheduled to play one another? Is that what everyone is doing?

I don't have enough room on my friends list to add everyone, I just message them, and then look for them in the franchise.

Bengals 21
Broncos 34

Turnovers were the story in this one as the Broncos' defense were all over rookie Andy Dalton's passes. 4 picks for the Broncos secondary, including an 88 yard pick six by Champ Bailey (note: on this play, Gus Johnson said Bailey had "get away from the cops speed". No word yet from the NFL what punishment, if any, will be doled out to Johnson).

Good game Rob. If not for an unlikely display of ballhawking, you probably would have beaten me. I'm beginning to notice I have really bad tackling, which leads to the most insane long touchdowns ever.

[quote name='KasterDB']Bengals 21
Broncos 34

Turnovers were the story in this one as the Broncos' defense were all over rookie Andy Dalton's passes. 4 picks for the Broncos secondary, including an 88 yard pick six by Champ Bailey (note: on this play, Gus Johnson said Bailey had "get away from the cops speed". No word yet from the NFL what punishment, if any, will be doled out to Johnson).

Good game Rob. If not for an unlikely display of ballhawking, you probably would have beaten me. I'm beginning to notice I have really bad tackling, which leads to the most insane long touchdowns ever.[/QUOTE]

I could have told you your tackling was bad as evident by last week :lol: you still beat me though and got the last laugh though :roll:

[quote name='AJVtony831']I could have told you your tackling was bad as evident by last week :lol: you still beat me though and got the last laugh though :roll:[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that was a weird fluke, but I did it in my secondary game last week and this week, so yeah, unfortunately it wasn't, haha.

[quote name='Docb9110']Was on at 5 to 9p central and now it's right at 930. Pitfall message me to reschedule if ya can man.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing there was a time zone mixup or something. I told you I was available from 630-10 EST, so when you said 9 I assumed you meant EST. I got on Live at around 8:55 and sent you a friend request. I waited until about 9:25, never heard from you, and then went to bed.

My bad man! Earlier in the day I was looking at the OP and it said you were CST. I didn't even pay attention to the inbox message after the times you listed! My apologies . Appears we both waited for one another at the same "time." lol

I'm available to you whenever man! It was my mixup and seriously appologize!

These are the remaining week 2 games:

Seahawks vs Steelers (any update on this one?)
Packers vs Panthers (I know there was time zone confusion. Has it been rescheduled?)
Cowboys vs 49ers (G33 still doesn't have his game. He gave me the go ahead to sim it, but I offered him "another solution". Waiting to hear back.)

And that's it. Let's try to get these finished up asap, guys. We're kinda beyond the 3-4 pace right now, but since we finished week 1 up so quick, I wanted to give G33 time to get his game so he wouldn't have 2 simmed games already. Starting with week 3, the deadlines will be a hard 3-4 days.

All right, well, I talked with the owner of the Steelers and he said he forgot about trying to schedule that game. I guess that one will have to be simmed as well. So, once the Packers vs Panthers game is played tonight, we should be able to advance. Hopefully no more unnecessary sims after this week. I want to see these games getting played.

Also, I think the myleaguemanager site only updates when the league admin visits. I have been occasionally checking it, and it hasn't updated.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You can go ahead and fix my timezone in the OP. I'm eastern, not central. I guess I should've have pointed that out before.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's my mistake. You didn't specify your time zone, but I saw your location under your avatar. For some reason, I thought IN was in central time. That's what I get for being too lazy to look it up, lol. Fixed now. :)

[quote name='Blade3D']Also, I think the myleaguemanager site only updates when the league admin visits. I have been occasionally checking it, and it hasn't updated.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to go on the site and tell it to sync the stats. I've been delaying doing it until all the games are done. Don't want to reveal anything too early. ;)

Green Bay - 37
Carolina - 7

I knew I was bad but didn't think I was that bad. Just an all around good player in pitfall. I will say that Cam Newton has NO accuracy lol.

I got lucky on a screen pass first play on offense and took it 80 yards for the TD but that accounted for 95% of my total yards.

Good game man! Didn't ram it down my throat after you got a good lead. He ran literally the entire fourth quarter Which led to me getting two punts. My offense just couldn't produce. Let advance to week 3.

Yeah, good game. You never know how those played in the rain are gonna turn out. The Packers felt like a different team after only putting up 7 points against the Saints in Week 1. I guess I'm getting more used to them.

To be honest, I don't think you played that bad. Your offensive line just let you down a lot. Newton had no time to find his receivers, and your RBs were getting swarmed as soon as they got the ball.

Stats:

Ryan Grant - 30 car, 193 yds, 2 TD
John Kuhn - 3 car, 44 yds, 2 TD
Greg Jennings - 3 rec, 102 yds, 1 TD
Nick Collins - 2 INTs
Clay Matthews - 4 tackles, 2 sacks

All right, guys. We've advanced to Week 3! Here are your 1-5 power rankings and players of the week. Check out the MyLeagueManager site for more detailed stat tracking!

Week 2 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. St. Louis Rams

Offensive Player of the Week
Jahvid Best - 29 att, 376 yards, 4 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Justin Bannan - 6 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, guys. We've advanced to Week 3! Here are your 1-5 power rankings and players of the week. Check out the MyLeagueManager site for more detailed stat tracking!

Week 2 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. St. Louis Rams

Offensive Player of the Week
Jahvid Best - 29 att, 376 yards, 4 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Justin Bannan - 6 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF[/QUOTE]

Awww yeah, 1-2, baby.

Week 3

Lions- 45
Vikings- 10

Jahvid Best- 26 Att. 223 yds 3 TDs

Went to the half at 17-3. A fumble, and a returner got hit in the back with the ball causing a recovery by the Lions which resulted in an a loss for the Vikings.

There have been quite a few blowout games lately, and I just want to remind everybody that we need to be conscientious of running up the score. If you have a big lead in the 4th quarter, you need to be killing the clock. Obviously, passing the ball should be almost unneeded. If someone can't stop your running game, that's one thing. But you shouldn't be snapping the ball until there's only a couple seconds left on the play clock.

This league isn't about who can score the most points or who can win Player of the Week the most times. Be respectful of your opponent. I hope this is the last time this needs to be brought up. Please don't make me have to talk to anyone about this one on one.

Blade3D, you still my opponent this week? If so I'm not sure about tonight since I haven't heard anything since your PM, but I'll try to be around. Though I should be good for any time tomorrow night or late afternoon.

anyone interested in engaging in trade talks? I'm looking to improve my oline so looking for o linemen except for left guard. I would be willing to trade some of my dline guys, michael bush (rb) or draft picks also.Pm me if interested

edit:Also interested in a QB. would be willing to trade Jason Campbell + other players/picks for a higher rated qb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bills - 27
Patriots - 10

Buffalo's defense was the story of this game, taking a 27-3 lead into the 4th quarter, until a long NE run gave them their first TD. Tom Brady was intercepted 4 times, each by a different Bills player. Terrence McGee returned one of INTs 62 yards for a TD. Buffalo escaped without any turnovers and Ryan Fitzpatrick finished 9-15 for 135 yds and 1 TD.

gg, superstar. I was shocked that my db's were pulling those deep balls down like that. Seems like that always happens to me. Looking forward to the rematch. :)

Saints - 28
Texans - 14

New Orleans came out guns blazing in this one, jumping out to a 28-0 lead at the half. Aside from 2 big plays in the 3rd quarter, both resulting in touchdowns, the Saints defense was solid, allowing only two 1st downs the entire game, and returning the game's lone turnover (an INT) for a score. Drew Brees went 11-15 for 188 yds and 1 TD. Jimmy Graham had 5 catches for 122 yds and Devery Henderson caught 4 balls for 44 yds. Mark Ingram rebounded from his two carries/two fumbles performance in Week 2 to gain 92 yds on 18 carries, including one long TD run of 55 yards.

gg, docb. That first half was probably one of the better halfs I've had since I got this game in August. If I didn't have that big cushion, the game could have looked a lot different.

[quote name='Blade3D']@Matt your inbox was is full, I left a message on your profile or whatever. I guess we can reschedule for later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry about that. I cleared it out now. I should be free from like 4 EST on. I have a game to get in for the other league, but that is it. If my inbox gets full or something just hit me up on XBL. I'm a little slower with that, but I'll definitely see it.

bread's done
Back