CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

Doc and I tried to play the Texans-Dolphins game tonight, I was up 17-3 in the 3rd and we got disconnected...so we will try some other time

All right, guys. We've advanced to Week 2! Great job getting all these games played in just 4 short days (especially considering several people had to play 2 games). That's awesome! Seemed like a lot of really close games this week too. I'm going to have a tough time looking over the stats and choosing Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week. Let's keep this thing rolling! :)

[quote name='DarkTower80']Will be around in the evening MST til Friday for my two opponents.

Cowboys game is against G33 so just let me know when you get your copy.[/QUOTE]

Will do. I'm hoping Best Buy's shipping service isn't too slow (I've already started to receive my Amazon BF purchases, so if Best Buy doesn't come through by Friday, I'll be kicking myself).

[quote name='Blade3D']Doc and I tried to play the Texans-Dolphins game tonight, I was up 17-3 in the 3rd and we got disconnected...so we will try some other time[/QUOTE]

I had 2 field goals! And I was driving down field! Little credit! Lol

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is kinda funny, but Rob and I have our primaries matched up this week and our secondaries matched up this week. Rob, tonight around 10:30 okay with you?

[quote name='KasterDB']Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is kinda funny, but Rob and I have our primaries matched up this week and our secondaries matched up this week. Rob, tonight around 10:30 okay with you?[/QUOTE]

working tonight and tomorrow night, but I should be available at that time Thursday night. I'll also be on tomorrow afternoon around 2 EST if you're available.

[quote name='jza1218']working tonight and tomorrow night, but I should be available at that time Thursday night. I'll also be on tomorrow afternoon around 2 EST if you're available.[/QUOTE]

I'm working tomorrow, but Thursday night is fine with me.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Since that Xtreme Football website is charging for subscriptions now, I went ahead and signed us up for a league page on a different site. It doesn't look too bad and has a decent amount of features.

http://myleaguemanager.net/apps/por...3665A3-5056-2683-D8F57C50F9F3D8D4#fragment-1a
(Just linking to the power rankings. You can navigate to different things from there)[/QUOTE]

Can't see anything, since it thinks we're you but not logged in.

[quote name='jza1218']Can't see anything, since it thinks we're you but not logged in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like everybody would need to register. Hmm...I wonder if there's a better alternative.

If it's alright with the league commissioner, I'd like to request for a substitute to play as the Colts (my secondary) for the Browns @ Colts game this week. Until I have my game in hand, I'm unable to schedule any matchups, and I'd prefer not to delay the progress of the league at my expense.

Matt X - I can play now

Falcons - 35
Eagles - 7

It wasn't really that Atlanta was much better, we just got lucky with some picks. Eagles played a good game and had some good pass rushing calls that kept me guessing. I was able to punch over 200 yards for the team on the ground, but some of that came on a big run later in the game. Good game ryno!

Falcons--35
Eagles--7 FINAL

Huge Game for Michael Turner on the ground for the Falcons with 181 yards rushing on 21 carries. Averaging 8.6 yards per carry. Scoring 3 TDs

Matt Ryan went 7/12 for 113 yards with a TD and an INT

Michael Vick went 15/31 for 246 yards with a TD and 4 INTs..Yep ..You read that Right 4 INTS :drool:

Falcons CB Dunta Robinson also added to the massacre with a INT return for a TD

Good Game MattNY, took advantage of my mistakes and ended up with a W

Also, Is there going to be a specific date on when we are going to be able to start making trades? I seem to be able not to run an offense with a speedy quarterback. Might have to make some changes.

Sorry UMX, hung around for a bit, but you must be offline. If you get back on later, hit me up. I might be able to get back on.

I just responded to your PM, but I guess you're probably not around now. Message me on XBL though if you are. You available tomorrow afternoon? I should be available then. The night isn't good though. Thursday night should be fine though.

[quote name='Blade3D']Plus they want your EA login info...[/QUOTE]

Well, I think that's generally the way it's done (even with the Xtreme Football site). They have to be able to access the league info to sync things up. As far as I can tell it's legit, but I can understand why people wouldn't want to do it. For reference, this is the XFN website, but they started charging a fee for the service a couple months ago.

http://xtreme-football.net/

[quote name='G33']If it's alright with the league commissioner, I'd like to request for a substitute to play as the Colts (my secondary) for the Browns @ Colts game this week. Until I have my game in hand, I'm unable to schedule any matchups, and I'd prefer not to delay the progress of the league at my expense.[/QUOTE]

Well, you've got some time, but I understand your concern and appreciate your respect for the league. I wouldn't be opposed to someone subbing for the Colts. Any volunteers?

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Also, Is there going to be a specific date on when we are going to be able to start making trades? I seem to be able not to run an offense with a speedy quarterback. Might have to make some changes.[/QUOTE]

You can start trade talks at any time now. Just remember that actual proposals have to be posted in the thread for league approval. But to get things started, if you want to post a list of players that you're looking to trade, and what type of players you're looking for, I'll add it to the OP, so people will have a better idea what offers to make.

Actually, looking more into that MyLeagueManager site, I don't think you guys need to put in your EA Info. That was just for me to connect to the league. I found an invitation link that I can give out where you just input the password (which is "cagls" just like the league password) and then pick your team. Anybody who wants to test it out, feel free. Just make sure you pick your PRIMARY team.

http://myleaguemanager.net/apps/acceptInvite.cfm?lid=LG3286_&uid=5906&lname=CAGLS%20JV%20League

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Actually, looking more into that MyLeagueManager site, I don't think you guys need to put in your EA Info. That was just for me to connect to the league. I found an invitation link that I can give out where you just input the password (which is "cagls" just like the league password) and then pick your team. Anybody who wants to test it out, feel free. Just make sure you pick your PRIMARY team.

http://myleaguemanager.net/apps/acceptInvite.cfm?lid=LG3286_&uid=5906&lname=CAGLS%20JV%20League[/QUOTE]

It worked for me.

Jahvid Best- Offensive Player of the Week(Week 1), 13 carries for 203 yards and 3 TD's.

I have an uncanny ability at running the ball, but I have no pass offense whatsoever. A good example of this is my 7 picks with the Miama Dolphins Week 1.

[quote name='Blade3D']It worked for me.

Jahvid Best- Offensive Player of the Week(Week 1), 13 carries for 203 yards and 3 TD's.

I have an uncanny ability at running the ball, but I have no pass offense whatsoever. A good example of this is my 7 picks with the Miama Dolphins Week 1.[/QUOTE]

Hey, wow! Player of the Week worked for you? For some reason, it kept showing up blank when I looked at it. I was all ready to post the Power Rankings and Off/Def Players of the Week, but it didn't seem like it was working right.

Sweet! So it is working (maybe it was just Firefox...cause it's loading fine in IE).

Week 1 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Arizona Cardinals
5. Dallas Cowboys

Offensive Player of the Week
Jahvid Best - 13 att, 203 yds, 3 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Patrick Willis - 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT

Miami over Houston 14-6, 2 fumbles and a pick were Doc's downfall.

Also, I am willing to play as the Colts if that's cool, if not no big deal.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Sweet! So it is working (maybe it was just Firefox...cause it's loading fine in IE).

Week 1 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Arizona Cardinals
5. Dallas Cowboys

Offensive Player of the Week
Jahvid Best - 13 att, 203 yds, 3 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Patrick Willis - 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT[/QUOTE]

No love for Pacman Jones' 3 picks and a TD?

Bills defeat the Raiders 20-10. The raiders fall to 0-2 for the season. The game was a tight game for most of the game until the Bills were able to move the game to 13-3. At that point, the Raiders put up a quick td to get back in it with less than 2 minutes left. Unfortunately, the onside kick backfired and was returned for a td for the Bills. Campbell threw a int. to end the Raiders' chance at a comeback. Good game

Bills - 20
Raiders - 10

Crazy game with AJVtony831. Buffalo held a steady 10-0 lead into the 4th quarter when Oakland came roaring back, trailing by only 3 with a score of 13-10 with 60 seconds remaining.

Naturally, with only one timeout, the Raiders went for the onside kick. Not only did Donald Jones recover it for the Bills, but he broke a tackle and returned it 46 yards for the TD. Jones also finished with 3 catches for 77 yards, for one hell of a ballgame. Not to be outdone, Fred Jackson rushed for 113 yards on 17 carries, scoring one TD. gg AJVtony. After that one deep ball I got early, your defensive backs shut me down.

[quote name='jza1218']No love for Pacman Jones' 3 picks and a TD?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's actually chosen by that stats site. Kinda sucks that Willis got it in a simmed game. But to be honest, I'm kinda relieved that I don't have to arbitrarily make the decision.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Bills - 20
Raiders - 10

Crazy game with AJVtony831. Buffalo held a steady 10-0 lead into the 4th quarter when Oakland came roaring back, trailing by only 3 with a score of 13-10 with 60 seconds remaining.

Naturally, with only one timeout, the Raiders went for the onside kick. Not only did Donald Jones recover it for the Bills, but he broke a tackle and returned it 46 yards for the TD. Jones also finished with 3 catches for 77 yards, for one hell of a ballgame. Not to be outdone, Fred Jackson rushed for 113 yards on 17 carries, scoring one TD. gg AJVtony. After that one deep ball I got early, your defensive backs shut me down.[/QUOTE]

Yea I called that play on defense and that was simply my inability to audible into a better play. I saw that your wr was uncovered so I switched and tried my best to cover but yea didn't work out. That onside was simply ugly on my part. :lol: Nice job on returning it for a td though. Once again though, I struggled to get a running game going :bomb: which frustrates me.

Rams: 38
Giants: 14

Steven Jackson showed superstar characteristics in this contest, rushing for 182 yards and two touchdowns along with 66 receiving yards and another two touchdowns. The Giants jumped out to an early 7-0 lead and held St. Louis scoreless in the first quarter, but Jackson's big day was too much to overcome. The Rams' defense also held New York in check and notched seven sacks.

Despite the score, Eli Manning had another big day, going 11-of-17 for 194 yards.

GG Symb1oteSpider! What scared me most was Bradshaw and your rushing attack. I think you really could use him to your advantage going forward.

[quote name='Docb9110']I can't beleieve I lost to Miami! Stupid fumbles![/QUOTE]

Actually did you even give up a TD from the fumbles/int or drives that resulted from them?

[quote name='Blade3D']Also, I am willing to play as the Colts if that's cool, if not no big deal.[/QUOTE]

If you want to sub for the Colts, that's fine. Nobody else has volunteered for it, and it's only fair to give Ultimate Matt X time to get it scheduled. You guys can go ahead and get that set up. Hopefully this will be the last time we'll need to worry about this sort of thing though.

I've let potential replacements for the Colts know I should be out tonight, but should be available most of the evening tomorrow whoever ends up filling in.

What's the policy on free agents? I only have on FS on my roster (Rams), and he is injured for four weeks. Can I grab a free agent?

[quote name='lyric706']What's the policy on free agents? I only have on FS on my roster (Rams), and he is injured for four weeks. Can I grab a free agent?[/QUOTE]

From OP:

2. DO NOT sign any free agents. We'll have a set time where everyone can pick up a free agent player if they would like to (probably around week 5).

[quote name='Blade3D']From OP:

2. DO NOT sign any free agents. We'll have a set time where everyone can pick up a free agent player if they would like to (probably around week 5).
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you do need to have a minimum number of players at each spot, and if his only FS is hurt, I don't think he meets that minimum for that position.

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah, but you do need to have a minimum number of players at each spot, and if his only FS is hurt, I don't think he meets that minimum for that position.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that is his only player available to play that position, and I was only stating what the OP said.

[quote name='Blade3D']I doubt that is his only player available to play that position, and I was only stating what the OP said.[/QUOTE]

Right, I was just pointing something out. Anyway, according to the online Franchise site the Rams have one other FS, so they should be fine if that's accurate.

[quote name='jza1218']Anyway, according to the online Franchise site the Rams have one other FS, so they should be fine if that's accurate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see James Butler injured. But I also see Darian Stewart listed at FS. You're also listed as having 3 SS's. If this is true, lyric, I think you're fine. We'll do a round of free agent pick ups once we advance to week 5.

There are a few teams with some lengthy injuries right now (Pats lost Ninkovich for the season and Gronkowski for 3 weeks, Bucs lost Talib for 9 weeks, etc). Anybody who wants more depth is free to explore the trade market. But as long as you have the minimum to play a game, free agents are off limits.

Sorry Blade that I couldn't get the game in tonight. The past 2 nights have been brutal with schoolwork. If you saw my online activity earlier as playing MW3 that was my roommate, I don't play COD because I even worse at that then Madden

Sent you a PM..7PM CST should work tomorrow night as my schedule for the week dies down

bread's done
Back