CAG Madden 11 League 2 - Season 2! Week 10 Deadline Sat night. TEAMS OPEN!

[quote name='venom']I'll take the Patriots

Cag Name: Venom
XBL Tag: AntiVenom360[/QUOTE]

You didn't read the thread at all, did you? ;)

We're picking teams based on previous records, so post your season 1 and season 2 teams and records as well.

Not 100% sure what my record was, 13-3 sounds about right. Here's some of the playoff teams final records.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7723231&postcount=4293

and after some digging here's some more records from week 17 http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7709995&postcount=4060

edit: and it looks like all your guesses above were spot on. nice.

edit2: assuming we don't hit a wall for recruits and we're approaching or hit 25 members, it might be a good idea to make the deadline earlier Saturday so we could do the team draft late Saturday afternoon/early evening as I imagine Saturday night and the majority of Sunday might be rough for some people. not that it should take long at all, but it might help things run more smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']You didn't read the thread at all, did you? ;)

We're picking teams based on previous records, so post your season 1 and season 2 teams and records as well.[/QUOTE]

I was I'm such a panic to claim them, I didn't wanna miss out. Haha. My Season 2 Record with the Minesotta Vikings is at 6-5 at the moment. I'm not sure how I'll finish, it depends on my subs and such if I'm not around to play out a few games.

[quote name='bvharris']Okay, these are the people I'm relatively sure weren't in the league in Season 1 (correct me if I'm wrong): Superstar, Silentghost, Azu (in neither season obviously). I plugged in 8-8 records for the seasons people didn't participate.

I need final season 1 records for:
Matt Young (no idea)
MasterAwesome (12-4?)
KayHoliday (no idea)
Ramesuthe1 (12-4?)
Mr Grand Cru (13-3?)
siradam134 (9-7)
gregthomas77 (no idea)
ubernes (13-3?)

I think I might know a few of these but I'm not sure. Be honest. :D[/QUOTE]

either 4-12 or 5-11. Not sure though.

[quote name='venom']I was I'm such a panic to claim them, I didn't wanna miss out. Haha. My Season 2 Record with the Minesotta Vikings is at 6-5 at the moment. I'm not sure how I'll finish, it depends on my subs and such if I'm not around to play out a few games.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you're ahead of me in the picking order, so you at least won't have to worry about me taking them. :D

I forget, did you end up playing in Season 1? If so, which team were you?

[quote name='ubernes']
edit2: assuming we don't hit a wall for recruits and we're approaching or hit 25 members, it might be a good idea to make the deadline earlier Saturday so we could do the team draft late Saturday afternoon/early evening as I imagine Saturday night and the majority of Sunday might be rough for some people. not that it should take long at all, but it might help things run more smoothly.[/QUOTE]

I can't do Saturday night, my company's holiday gala is that night. That's why I set the deadline for Saturday, so we could start picking Sunday. Once we've filled up though I'll post the order and then people can start picking. If you want to PM the rest of the guys in the league who haven't signed up yet maybe we can even get it done today?

This isn't final, still waiting on Matt and kayholiday about their records last year, but I've ballparked them in the meantime. Also we'll give a couple more days for people to sign up. Right now the order for those who signed up would be:

1. darth
2. gregthomas
3. redworm (tie)
3. matt (tie)
5. lexxon (tie)
5. siradam (tie)
7. superstar
8. gbpackers
9. azu
10. silentghost (tie)
10. venom (tie)
12. kayholiday
13. bv
14. ramesu
15. deuce
16. zurezo
17. masterawesome (tie)
17. cru (tie)
19. ubernes
20. doom
21. bigat

We need to come up with a tiebreaker too, I'll probably just use point differential for this season.

Kay's record was 9-7.

And I think Packers were 7-9 because if they beat the Bears in the final week they would've been tied, but I'm pretty sure they lost.

[quote name='ubernes']Kay's record was 9-7.

And I think Packers were 7-9 because if they beat the Bears in the final week they would've been tied, but I'm pretty sure they lost.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Updated the order to reflect that.

In the interest of getting this moving, and since we already have 23 guys, I'm changing the sign-up deadline to midnight tonight (eastern). If you know anyone else who wants to play, get them in now, otherwise they can pick from what's left later.

Once I post the draft order tonight you can feel free to start picking (in order, obviously). Also, if you won't be around feel free to PM me what teams (unless you're darth, who has the first pick, you should give me several) and I can pick for you.

Will the top 5-7 picks change from here on out? I feel like everyone who joins at this point is going to be relatively new and will be given that 8-8 record putting them somewhere in the middle. Just trying to think if it would be possible to jump start the team picking.

And the first team picked will be ...

New England Patriots
!!!!!!!!!11

Figured I'd put my pick out there early (and with gusto) so the 2-3 other New Englanders have more time to think about who they want to pick.

I already assumed I wouldn't be getting the Pats, since even if they made it to venom (which they wouldn't have) there's no way he'd pass on them.

uber - The only regular in the league who hasn't yet joined up who might upset the Top 5 is the Lions. That said, I'm fine if people want to start picking.

Let's do it in groups of 5.

NOTE: You can not pick the same team you play in the other league.

Up now:
1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas
4. Matt
5. redworm

For reference, here's the rest of the list:

6. siradam
7. lexxon
8. superstar
9. gbpackers
10. appleinthetree
11. azu (this is a .500 record, so anyone new will pick here if they sign up in time)
12. silentghost
13. venom
14. kayholiday
15. bv
16. ramesu
17. deuce
18. zurezo
19. cru
20. masterawesome
21. ubernes
22. doomtime
23. bigat

If you're further down the list feel free to PM me your preferences, that might make the picking go faster since I'll keep a close eye on it.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']And the first team picked will be ...

New England Patriots
!!!!!!!!!11

Figured I'd put my pick out there early (and with gusto) so the 2-3 other New Englanders have more time to think about who they want to pick.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

how long did it take you to make that? hahah

Fun fact, in the Week 13 roster update Manning dropped from a 99 to a 98 for the first time in years.

greg is on the clock.

[quote name='ubernes']Interesting that the two NFC teams who selected went to the AFC.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, especially considering how much the AFC has been the Conference of Doom in the other league. This is good, I'm hoping for some seismic shifts in the balance of power.

I know greg is a Skins fan, I wonder if he'll go best available or reach for his home team.

[quote name='theredworm']Cmon I wanna pick[/QUOTE]

Me too, but I have to wait for 12 people, you only need to wait for 2. :D

I'll reiterate, everyone feel free to send me your picks. Just count how many spots down you are and rank that many teams.

[quote name='bvharris']Indeed, especially considering how much the AFC has been the Conference of Doom in the other league. This is good, I'm hoping for some seismic shifts in the balance of power.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to be out of the NFC East. :)

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I'm happy to be out of the NFC East away from BigAT. :)[/QUOTE]

:D

New rule: Doom, whatever team I end up with, you find yourself a different division. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']:D

New rule: Doom, whatever team I end up with, you find yourself a different division. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha. That's why I don't mind picking so late, I can see where everyone is. Though I already have a team I want.

Greg's post in this thread he did say he wanted the Skins, though I don't want to assume he hasn't changed his mind.. He was online a little while ago but doesn't look to be now..

I need to run some errands after leaving work, if we haven't moved along by the time I get home maybe we'll gift him his Redkins.

I think I am going to surprise everybody with who I pick.

and I need to find a new Mike Wallace!

[quote name='Zurezo']I think I am going to surprise everybody with who I pick.[/QUOTE]

UFL team? No one will see that coming :lol:

Since I don't feel like ranking 18 teams or whatever, I'm gonna hold off until it gets closer to my pick. I have a 12-hour shift tomorrow from 3:15 p.m. to 3:15 a.m. so if my turn comes sometime in that time period, feel free to pick any random team for me...I'm pretty impartial. I'll try to send you a PM before I leave tomorrow, but I just don't want people to have to wait on me just in case I forget. I'll probably base my decision on whatever remaining team has the best MLB lol, so I guess you can go that route if you need to pick a team for me.

[quote name='ubernes']UFL team? No one will see that coming :lol:[/QUOTE]

hahaha. Chicago Enforcers from the XFL!

[quote name='ubernes']He Hate Me almost had a Super Bowl ring fyi. (the 2004 one)[/QUOTE]

This statement is along the same lines: Dan Orlovsky almost threw a pass last night.

[quote name='gregthomas77']gregthomas77 requesting the Redskins.[/QUOTE]

So what do you guys think? Should we give him the Skins or wait for him to come around and pick?

Matt - You're next, have you been checking in?

how up to date are the online franchise rosters? I know they aren't updated as fast as the other rosters. Maybe I'll make a league just to look.

[quote name='theredworm']how up to date are the online franchise rosters? I know they aren't updated as fast as the other rosters. Maybe I'll make a league just to look.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know they use the latest rosters, which would be the ones released today.

I'm leaving town early tomorrow (Saturday) morning and won't be back until mid-day early evening on Sunday....I guess I will see how far we get before I submit a team list BV but there is a team that I REALLY want....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I'm leaving town early tomorrow (Saturday) morning and won't be back until mid-day early evening on Sunday....I guess I will see how far we get before I submit a team list BV but there is a team that I REALLY want....[/QUOTE]

Sounds good.

[quote name='Steggy']CAG: Steggy
XBL: K1LLSBURY[/QUOTE]

I need your teams and records.

[quote name='theredworm']how up to date are the online franchise rosters? I know they aren't updated as fast as the other rosters. Maybe I'll make a league just to look.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I just made a test league and it doesn't look to me like they're using the latest rosters either. That is pretty dumb, I don't see why they wouldn't. Randy Moss is on the Titans, so they're at least that recent..

Edit: After poking around, it looks like Week 9 was the last time they updated them, so these rosters are 4 weeks old.

bread's done
Back