CAG Madden 11 League 2 - Season 2! Week 10 Deadline Sat night. TEAMS OPEN!

[quote name='bvharris']I already assumed I wouldn't be getting the Pats, since even if they made it to venom (which they wouldn't have) there's no way he'd pass on them.

uber - The only regular in the league who hasn't yet joined up who might upset the Top 5 is the Lions. That said, I'm fine if people want to start picking.

Let's do it in groups of 5.

NOTE: You can not pick the same team you play in the other league.

Up now:
1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas
4. Matt
5. redworm

For reference, here's the rest of the list:

6. siradam
7. lexxon
8. superstar
9. gbpackers
10. appleinthetree
11. azu (this is a .500 record, so anyone new will pick here if they sign up in time)
12. silentghost
13. venom
14. kayholiday
15. bv
16. ramesu
17. deuce
18. zurezo
19. cru
20. masterawesome
21. ubernes
22. doomtime
23. bigat

If you're further down the list feel free to PM me your preferences, that might make the picking go faster since I'll keep a close eye on it.[/QUOTE]

^

I let redworm go ahead and pick because Matt can't take the Packers. Matt is on the clock, then siradam, lexxon, and so on.

1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas - Jets
4. Matt - ON THE CLOCK
5. redworm - Packers
6. siradam
7. lexxon
8. superstar
9. gbpackers
10. appleinthetree
11. azu (this is a .500 record, so anyone new will pick here if they sign up in time)
12. steggy
13. silentghost
14. venom
15. kayholiday
16. bv
17. ramesu
18. deuce
19. zurezo
20. cru
21. masterawesome
22. ubernes
23. doomtime
24. bigat

Again, I encourage people to send me preference lists, that will make this go a lot faster. I'll be setting up the league once I pick my team.

[quote name='Zurezo']The first 5 teams picked weren't even in my top 5. :/[/QUOTE]

Personal taste I guess. Hard to argue those were all pretty good teams though.

I have my eye on one team in particular, though I doubt they're falling to me.

Anyone have a way of contact Matt to let him know he's up? I sent him a PM, but I thought maybe someone has his number to text him or something..

I'm going through test runs with potential teams and just tested out the Bucs. They immediately came off my list, haha. Their secondary is BAD. I guess I'm getting downgraded in my secondary regardless, but damn, even Talib was pretty mehhh. Darth just tore me up with his Pats. Freeman is fun as hell though, but no one to really throw it to.

[quote name='Zurezo']The first 5 teams picked weren't even in my top 5. :/[/QUOTE]

only 4 officially off, but I'm trying to think who would be ahead. Eagles? Steelers (who couldn't be in your top 5 anyways haha)? Saints? Though I think the 4 selected are probably among the highest rated. Not sure who would be rated above them besides those 3 mentioned and maybe the Ravens.

[quote name='bvharris']:D

New rule: Doom, whatever team I end up with, you find yourself a different division. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Hopefully the team I want is still around when I finally get to pick.

[quote name='ubernes']only 4 officially off, but I'm trying to think who would be ahead. Eagles? Steelers (who couldn't be in your top 5 anyways haha)? Saints? Though I think the 4 selected are probably among the highest rated. Not sure who would be rated above them besides those 3 mentioned and maybe the Ravens.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Im saying for my style of play, but nothing wrong with those 4 going first

Still waiting on Matt, I was hoping we'd be able to get this done tonight mostly, though I don't think he's been online. Which is fine, for all he knew we weren't picking teams for a while. I don't want to pick for him though, since I don't know who he likes besides the Pack.

[quote name='ubernes']Kay's record was 9-7.

And I think Packers were 7-9 because if they beat the Bears in the final week they would've been tied, but I'm pretty sure they lost.[/QUOTE]

I was actually 5-10-1, but you had no way to know and it doesn't matter now. I guess I'll go with the Chargers.

[quote name='Matt Young']I was actually 5-10-1, but you had no way to know and it doesn't matter now. I guess I'll go with the Chargers.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I'm sorry dude. Did you want one of the teams that was already picked? You would have had second pick.

Siradam takes the Saints. Lexxon is on the clock.

1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas - Jets
4. Matt - Chargers
5. redworm - Packers
6. siradam - Saints
7. lexxon - ON THE CLOCK
8. superstar
9. gbpackers
10. appleinthetree
12. steggy
13. silentghost
14. venom
15. kayholiday
16. bv
17. ramesu
18. deuce
19. zurezo
20. cru
21. masterawesome
22. ubernes
23. doomtime
24. bigat

Booting up the game now to check out the new rosters. I know we may not be 100% new, but it's still a better idea than the initial rosters we used in the franchise...there's a good chance I'll be picking up my Giants, though.

[quote name='Lexxon']Booting up the game now to check out the new rosters. I know we may not be 100% new, but it's still a better idea than the initial rosters we used in the franchise...there's a good chance I'll be picking up my Giants, though.[/QUOTE]

After checking I'm pretty sure we're on the Week 9 rosters. This is after the deadline, and Moss is already on the Titans, so the only major difference is ratings. For example in the latest update Vick is a 93, but on the Week 9 rosters he's only an 85.

Here's a summary of a few of the changes: http://www.operationsports.com/news/454744/madden-nfl-11-week-9-roster-and-rating-changes/

superstar and gbpackers be on standby, you'll be up after lexxon picks. I have a list from apple so I can pick from him after. Then azu and so on.

[quote name='ubernes']There's been a complete switch of conferences so far, no? Crazy.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't noticed that, but wow you're right, everyone has switched. Crazy indeed. Wonder how long we'll keep it going.

I'll post this once a page and keep it updated there..

1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas - Jets
4. Matt - Chargers
5. redworm - Packers
6. siradam - Saints
7. lexxon - Giants
8. superstar - Cowboys
9. gbpackers - Eagles
10. appleinthetree - Steelers
11. azu - Vikings
12. steggy - Ravens
13. silentghost - ON THE CLOCK
14. venom
15. kayholiday
16. bv
17. ramesu
18. deuce
19. zurezo
20. cru
21. masterawesome
22. ubernes
23. doomtime
24. bigat
25. tanabeo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gbpackers94']Eagles.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Well, them falling to me was a pipe dream. :D That was a little NFC East run there. You also broke our conference switching chain! :bomb:

appleinthetree selects the Steelers.

That brings us to Azu, I would think it might be a while until he's on since he's still in a different time zone I believe. I believe he's a Vikings fan, but I don't want to assume... or should we? He hasn't been around all season and I don't think he'd mind if he gets stuck with his favorite team. Plus, I think he's likely to miss the first couple weeks anyway since he's not back yet. I'd like to keep this moving.. Thoughts?

steggy, since you were both in that default .500 you can also pick in the meantime while we decide.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']You've got my permission...I will take the heat on this if it backfires! Get him the Vikings![/QUOTE]

Good enough. Steggy is on the clock

[quote name='bvharris']So who wants to lay odds that no team in the NFC West will get picked? :D[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure those will be the last to go, although the 49ers are a good madden team.

Yeah I kinda want the 49ers...I've wanted my hands on Patrick Willis for a while now. Anyone else would be a downgrade from Beason.

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm pretty sure those will be the last to go, although the 49ers are a good madden team.[/QUOTE]

Minus a good quarterback. I was just thinking that with only 24 of us they might not go at all, though I bet the 49ers will.

We'll have to set up a sub system for the other teams obviously, though I'm still hoping we can try and fill the league before all is said and done.

The next 5:

12. steggy - ON THE CLOCK
13. silentghost
14. venom
15. kayholiday
16. bv

Silent, venom, kay - Feel free to PM me or ubernes your top 2, 3, 4 respectively of the teams remaining. That way we can keep it moving once Steggy picks.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']I can't believe the Falcons haven't gone yet.[/QUOTE]

Or the Ravens.

[quote name='Tanabeo']i would love to join in on this CAG: tanabeo XBL:XpG Tanabeo[/QUOTE]

Sure. I'm gonna have to put you at the end of the team draft though since we're already underway.

Oh, and I know there was some discussion about advancing the league a season so we can start with a rookie draft, but I've decided against doing that, mostly because there's no telling who the game will decide to retire after that season. Plus, it would probably give an advantage in the draft to some of the better players (controlling the worse teams) who would probably have poor records in that sim season.

Silentghost is on the clock, followed by kayholiday

13. silentghost - ON THE CLOCK
14. venom
15. kayholiday
16. bv
17. ramesu

I've already got lists from venom and ramesu (and obviously from myself). Kay, if you check in before silentghost picks, please PM me your Top 3.

Let's try and finish this today!

[quote name='PacerPerspect']This is great, all my division rivals remain...which means all the best players are going to be in my division ;(.[/QUOTE]

Should have picked the 49ers with the second pick, guarantee you that division wouldn't have filled up. :D

1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas - Jets
4. Matt - Chargers
5. redworm - Packers
6. siradam - Saints
7. lexxon - Giants
8. superstar - Cowboys
9. gbpackers - Eagles
10. appleinthetree - Steelers
11. azu - Vikings
12. steggy - Ravens
13. silentghost - Bills
14. venom - Falcons
15. kayholiday - ON THE CLOCK
16. bv - Bears
17. ramesu
18. deuce
19. zurezo
20. cru
21. masterawesome
22. ubernes
23. doomtime
24. bigat
25. tanabe
26. augmog

[quote name='venom']Damn no one better take Atlanta! Lol.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you tempting fate a bit when there's only one guy left to pick before you? ;)

Hmm, silentghost was just on and I saw he was looking at this thread, and yet he didn't pick, odd.. I sent him a PM earlier telling him he was on the clock too.

Guys, this isn't really an "at your convenience" sort of thing, we're trying to move it along and finish today. I'll give him another hour to make his pick but then we're going to skip over him (in which case he can jump in and pick whenever he wants).

[quote name='bvharris']Hmm, silentghost was just on and I saw he was looking at this thread, and yet he didn't pick, odd.. I sent him a PM earlier telling him he was on the clock too.

Guys, this isn't really an "at your convenience" sort of thing, we're trying to move it along and finish today. I'll give him another hour to make his pick but then we're going to skip over him (in which case he can jump in and pick whenever he wants).[/QUOTE]

maybe he got on his xbox to look at teams

[quote name='theredworm']maybe he got on his xbox to look at teams[/QUOTE]

Definitely possible, which is why I'm giving him a while yet. I do want to move it along though. Once I pick my team I can set up the league and people can start fiddling with their rosters, etc.

I'm only going to be around until 2est, so I'd like to have made my pick by then.

bread's done
Back