CAG Madden 11 League 2 - Season 2! Week 10 Deadline Sat night. TEAMS OPEN!

Everyone feel free to join up in the franchise, but don't start playing Week 1 games until tomorrow.

We're going to have 6 open teams at the outset, so we need to figure out what our sub policy is going to be.

Also, anyone else who has someone they think might want to play, feel free to recruit them. Who are we missing from the other league?

[quote name='augmog']am I on the clock yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, two others to pick in front of you.

League name: CAGFL3
password: abc123

Current order:

1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas - Jets
4. Matt - Chargers
5. redworm - Packers
6. siradam - Saints
7. lexxon - Giants
8. superstar - Cowboys
9. gbpackers - Eagles
10. appleinthetree - Steelers
11. azu - Vikings
12. steggy - Ravens
13. silentghost - Bills
14. venom - Falcons
15. kayholiday - Titans
16. bv - Bears
17. ramesu - Chiefs
18. deuce - Raiders
19. zurezo - Texans
20. cru - Bengals
21. masterawesome - 49ers
22. ubernes - Jags
23. doomtime - Bucs
24. bigat - ON THE CLOCK
25. tanabe
26. augmog

See OP for available teams.

I sent messages to a few of my friends, only heard back from tanabeo about joining.

edit: tanabeo sent me a message on xbl saying "i will be home around 5 central at the latest to pick"

[quote name='theredworm']I sent messages to a few of my friends, only heard back from tanabeo about joining.[/QUOTE]

Let him know he's up after BigAT picks.

Cool. augmog, once BigAT picks you can go ahead and pick if you're around, you don't need to wait for tanabeo since both of you signed up late. Whichever of you picks first is fine.

Anyone have a way of letting BigAT know he's up?

Alrite I got one guy who wants in but he won't be off from work until around 4 pm cst. Hopefully that team doesn't get snatched up

I'll be out most of the day. uber will probably let you know, or someone else will.

I'm not worried, we ran through this pretty quickly. I think we should be good to get started tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

[quote name='Zurezo']Thats what I like to see![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the jungle! *plays annoying Jaguar growl over PA*

edit: I'm liking our division though. You, Kay and Pacer. Should be a fun one.

Crap, all this getting friends thing I just remembered that one of my friends would probably play. I should've thought of this earlier before all the good times were taken, WHOOPS. He's beaten me before though so he should be able to handle it. I'll let you know, BV.

[quote name='augmog']can I select my team yet?[/QUOTE]

We're still waiting on BigAT.

You can PM me your top 3 so you don't need to keep checking in.

my friend (XBL and hopefully CAG name: styylesclash) is in. he's at work now, but slot him in at the end of the draft if you can.

Probably throwing myself into the fire as far as my division is concerned, but I'm going to give the Broncos a go.

[quote name='BigAT']Probably throwing myself into the fire as far as my division is concerned, but I'm going to give the Broncos a go.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I was looking at the West earlier thinking it would be interesting seeing Deuce and Rames play each other twice a year, but now BigAT too? Damn. Though so far the AFC/NFC dynamic kind of evened out. BigAT and and Cru came over while BV and Doom left.

[quote name='augmog']I'm going to take the panthers[/QUOTE]

I think tanabeo is ahead of you. Assuming he doesn't want the Panthers, I guess you're fine.

Tanabeo should be here within the next hour it seems.

I'm out for the rest of the night, any friends, etc who join up can take whatever team (once tanabeo's picked)

League name: CAGFL3
password: abc123

Current order:

1. darth - Patriots
2. pacer - Colts
3. gregthomas - Jets
4. Matt - Chargers
5. redworm - Packers
6. siradam - Saints
7. lexxon - Giants
8. superstar - Cowboys
9. gbpackers - Eagles
10. appleinthetree - Steelers
11. azu - Vikings
12. steggy - Ravens
13. silentghost - Bills
14. venom - Falcons
15. kayholiday - Titans
16. bv - Bears
17. ramesu - Chiefs
18. deuce - Raiders
19. zurezo - Texans
20. cru - Bengals
21. masterawesome - 49ers
22. ubernes - Jags
23. doomtime - Bucs
24. bigat - Broncos
25. tanabeo - Lions
26. augmog - Panthers

Last edited by a moderator:
And wow.. The AFC West is the toughest division in the other league, and I would say it's even tougher in this one. Insane.

[quote name='Tanabeo']is pat white still a qb for online dynasty if so i will take them if not i will take the lions[/QUOTE]

Nope...Pat went to play for the Kansas City Royals.

there was no pat white so i took the lions...i know he went to the royals i was hoping they left him in the game in online franchise

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Is it possible that I got away from BigAT in the NFC East and have gotten into a tougher division in the AFC South? :headache:[/QUOTE]

Lol, very possible.

Broncos (BigAT) vs Jags (me), Week 1!

Open teams:

Browns
Dolphins
Redskins
3/4 of the NFC West:
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams

If you are playing one of those teams week 1, DO NOT PLAY THE CPU. We are still hoping to get a few more people in the league, and for those teams we're not able to fill we'll come up with a sub plan. Cardinals/Rams play each other, so at the very least we can sim that one unless someone takes those teams.

Other than that, I think people can go ahead and start planning their games for Week 1.

Again, no free agent signings. We'll do a first round in maybe Week 3 or 4 so people can start plugging some roster holes.

[quote name='bvharris']And wow.. The AFC West is the toughest division in the other league, and I would say it's even tougher in this one. Insane.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not that I've been doing well in the other league at all, but I'm looking at 6 very tough division games for sure.

[quote name='siradam134']my week 1 opponent is azu!(the vikings). oh boy...what should i do? he's still out of town, right?[/QUOTE]

We'll have someone sub for him until he gets back. We'll sort all that out tomorrow..

I'm out for the night (for real this time), just waiting for the gf to get on all her jewelry, etc (which could take a while, now that I think about it).

[quote name='gbpackers94']What's the trading policy bv?[/QUOTE]

Same as the other league. League discussion and commissioner approval (I guess either ubernes or myself is fine). Deadline will be Week 8.

Feel free to post or PM me trading blocks and I'll put them in the OP.

Blah. I guess the Jags were the only team playing in the rain. Gg.

edit: and my MLB is out for 7 weeks. my backup is a 66. and I only have one other LB not starting. FUNNNNNNNN.

CAG NAME: caderade21
XBL NAME: cadecol
Team: Redskins

I would like to take the Redskins if available. I was an avid Madden player when I had my PS3, but it died and I just jumped ship to the 360. Got Madden along with my 360 on Black Friday and would love to join the league.

GG Uber. Broncos open up the season with a win over the Jags, 26-14.

I can't figure out why Demaryius Thomas' OVR rating is so low, most of his important attributes are quite high and he plays like a beast on the field.

I like the potential for this team on defense. There are some good pieces in the back 8. 5 forced turnovers in game 1 is a solid start. The main challenge will be that I've resolved to play the 3-4 this season, which will be quite an adjustment for me as I've only ever run the 4-3 the last two years (even when playing with 3-4 teams).

First broken collarbone of the season belongs to Kirk Morrison.

Yeah, I really don't know what's best as far as 3-4 playbooks are concerned but I've seen a ton of people select NYJ so I opted for their's. Might give Baltimore's a try as well.

As far as the trading block is concerned, I'm looking for a highly rated fullback. For real. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I need a FS. Will give up pretty much anything besides MJD and the rest of my secondary. I'm using a CB as a safety now and it's pretty bad. My highest rated FS is 67.

Hey BigAT a good 3-4 playbook is New England , and Darth I got your message my phone won't let me reply I'm working on a time now , ill keep you updated.

bread's done
Back