CAG Madden 11 League 2 - Season 2! Week 10 Deadline Sat night. TEAMS OPEN!

and i've lost to the "sub" of the vikings 84-70. jesus fucking christ.

gg i suppose. i'm still in shock.

Bv: I will not be substituing for any of the teams that need it. I'm ready to throw my xbox up against the wall. Sorry.

To top it all off, I lost Darren Sharper for the season (says "Out for Season") my 94 OVR Starting Free Safety.

I do have a question..do we have "substition rules" (for both leagues)? Every Game i've played as a "sub" I've lost (purposely, mind you) (except for one, where darth had a horrible night, and was throwing picks left and right and actually left the game early because he was so frustrated)...

Soo.. my 2nd question is...

After this game...Where it was obvious Sir Felgar's prime goal was to beat the snot out of me... I've got two directions to go: Keep subbing (and giving the teams the win...even if i'm pretty well spanking them)... or keep subbing and attempt to completely obliterate the other team... To be honest, the latter isn't even fun. (I just witnessed the opposite end of the spectrum)

My goal in this league(and the other cag leagues) is to have fun. The game i just played was 49-48 at halftime...it was getting ridiculous. It really wasn't fun. Sir Felgar played great...regardless, This isn't an attempt to dirty his name. Seriously. lol. But my defense couldnt' stop a mouse running downfield. But i'm seeing a big gap between fun...and.. "this is pointless"

just my two cents.

[quote name='siradam134']I do have a question..do we have "substition rules" (for both leagues)? Every Game i've played as a "sub" I've lost (purposely, mind you) (except for one, where darth had a horrible night, and was throwing picks left and right and actually left the game early because he was so frustrated)...

Soo.. my 2nd question is...

After this game...Where it was obvious Sir Felgar's prime goal was to beat the snot out of me... I've got two directions to go: Keep subbing (and giving the teams the win...even if i'm pretty well spanking them)... or keep subbing and attempt to completely obliterate the other team... To be honest, the latter isn't even fun. (I just witnessed the opposite end of the spectrum)

My goal in this league(and the other cag leagues) is to have fun. The game i just played was 49-48 at halftime...it was getting ridiculous. It really wasn't fun. Sir Felgar played great...regardless, my defense couldnt' stop a mouse running downfield. But i'm seeing a big gap between fun...and.. "this is pointless"

just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

Uhh ... Is it just me or does this post accomplish the complete opposite from the desired effect?

P.S. Just a tip from someone who was so bad I couldn't beat you even when you were "throwing" the game, that you ever so kindly pointed out.

LEARN TO RUN THE fucking BALL AND YOU MIGHT WIN MORE GAMES. Stats don't lie.

I don't know if I really get what you're getting at, siradam. I don't think the point of subbing is to give the opposing team a W. If it was then we'd just have them play the CPU. Granted, I'm typically using a playbook I'm not used to and because of that my game planning is probably not as good as it could be, but I'm certainly trying to win. Actually just beat the Rams with the Cards. I lost Fitz before the half, but luckily for whoever takes them over he's fine going forward.

Come on dude, take some time and think it over.

For the record, you should absolutely not be throwing games that you are subbing, I don't know why you thought that was what the subbing was about, but it definitely isn't.

[quote name='siradam134']Thanks for that darth.

I thought a second league would be a good idea. but apparently not.

Saints are open.[/QUOTE]

Can't you grab someone of free aGent wire? I could trade for sharper too if you wanted.

Texans - 42 Colts - 35

155148_610839790238_23704355_34229685_6258353_n.jpg

Bengals - 24 Patriots - 21

New England lost a heart breaker due to a end of the game winning FG. NE turned it over on downs 4&1 in the red zone just prior in an attempt to close it out. Pretty deflated after that loss, probably played the best I have in awhile.

Bucs win 49-14. Wow what a game. I'm not a stat whore but this is the best rushing game I've ever had.

Josh Freeman 13 of 15 214 yds 2 TDs
Cadillac Williams 22 att 314 yds 5 TDs
Legarrette Blount 5 att 68 yds

McFadden take note of this guy! Wake up!

[quote name='silentghost227']? Anybody that can sub for the dolphins right now[/QUOTE]

Normally I'd do it myself, but I had some connection issues with the Lions earlier so I think Madden is not in the cards for me right now.

Sorry I haven't been keeping great track of these today guys, I've been feeling sick all day. Anyone available to sub?

[quote name='silentghost227']I hope i never have to play doom again[/QUOTE]
Crazy game. Can't believe Marshall caught that. 43-38 Dolphins win on a a miraculous hail mary with 4 seconds left.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Sgmsuperstar you around?

Playing tonight8pm set, Hopefully the servers hold up.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - something came up tonight. I sent you a PM.

I suppose its worth noting that I won't be able to join until the 12th at the absolute earliest, so please don't hate me for not being instantly available from the start :)
I'd imagine my most likely join date will be the 13th/14th, since I'll be dead from jetlag and may not be able to get Xbox Live for a while.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I suppose its worth noting that I won't be able to join until the 12th at the absolute earliest, so please don't hate me for not being instantly available from the start :)
I'd imagine my most likely join date will be the 13th/14th, since I'll be dead from jetlag and may not be able to get Xbox Live for a while.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, we knew that when we started. I even factored it in when making sure I was in your division. ;)

Are there any games left involving teams that have not been taken? I am late to joining this league, but would like to take over a team that is available. I am available to play the game tonight after 6pmEST.

gb and I had a great game going last night and the game locked up in the 4th quarter, no dc it just froze when he went to pause menu

Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons moved to 1-0 on the Year lead by Safety Erik Coleman who had two interceptions, one returned for a touchdown. The first drive of the game was all ball control for Pittsburgh as they chewed up all but 21 Seconds of the First Quarter. Atlanta would answer in the second and take the lead on an interception by Eric Coleman.

Final Score: Atlanta 38, Pittsburgh 24. -I think ha.

Ramesu (Chiefs) PM'ed me back. He listed his availability tonight as 6-11 P.M. Eastern, which works for me, though I did ask him if we could try to play before MNF.

[quote name='itlnstln']Are there any games left involving teams that have not been taken? I am late to joining this league, but would like to take over a team that is available. I am available to play the game tonight after 6pmEST.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I don't believe that they've played the Cowboys-Redskins game yet, so you can take the Redskins.

Appleinthetree currently has them because he was going to sub, but I'll PM him asking him to drop them and then you can join.

[quote name='Stickmn']CAG: Stickmn
XBL: IrockFATchicks
Team: Browns[/QUOTE]

The Browns are taken.

The available teams now are:

Cardinals (1-0)
Dolphins (1-0)
Seahawks (0-1)

Let me know which team you want and you can grab them for Week 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Games left:

Lions-Bears (being played today hopefully)
Raiders-Titans (?)
Packers-Eagles (?)
Cowboys-Redskins (assuming itlnstln wants to take over the Redskins, hopefully they can set something up)
Ravens-Jets (?)
Chargers-Chiefs (Playing tonight)

Sorry, I didn't have time to root through and see if there were updates for all of these. Can one of the participants (or anyone really) update me on their status?

gb jumped off last night before I could ask him when we could play again since our game locked up

I work today and tomorrow so it'd have to be after work tonight (10pm cst) or tomorrow (before noon cst or after 10pm cst) wednesday I'm open all day

I will take the Redskins. Cowboys let me know if you are able to play tonight after 6pmEST.

I have PM'd Superstar and am awaiting a response for our matchup.

Hi everyone,

I would like to join - and use the dolphins if possible. my xbox gamertag is raging munchie. I can play a few games a week, and enjoy a fair game. anytime after 9 eastern would work for me if we plan ahead.

[quote name='pmm317']Hi everyone,

I would like to join - and use the dolphins if possible. my xbox gamertag is raging munchie. I can play a few games a week, and enjoy a fair game. anytime after 9 eastern would work for me if we plan ahead.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. They're all yours.

The league ID is CAGFL3 and the pw is abc123

Available teams:

Cardinals (1-0)
Seahawks (0-1)

Assuming stickmn takes one of these, we'll have ONE spot left to fill.

ok great, thanks. i will join up tonight - at work now no access to an xbox. do we use these forums for setting up matchup times, etc? thanks for the help

[quote name='pmm317']ok great, thanks. i will join up tonight - at work now no access to an xbox. do we use these forums for setting up matchup times, etc? thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most games are set up through here, though you're also welcome to use XBL messages too. You should at least check in with the thread semi-regularly though to see when we're advancing, etc.

Will do. It's all for fun and bragging rights, right? I'm excited now, I can actually use the league function. I usually just play ranked games...was playing a ton before black ops came out.

[quote name='itlnstln']I will take the Redskins. Cowboys let me know if you are able to play tonight after 6pmEST.

I have PM'd Superstar and am awaiting a response for our matchup.[/QUOTE]

We were going to play at 7:00 est, I'm sure that time still works for him. Bv just boot me from the league, I don't want to hold anything up. I'll rejoin shortly as the steelers again.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']We were going to play at 7:00 est, I'm sure that time still works for him. Bv just boot me from the league, I don't want to hold anything up. I'll rejoin shortly as the steelers again.[/QUOTE]

Done. itlnstln, the Redskins are now open.

[quote name='theredworm']gb jumped off last night before I could ask him when we could play again since our game locked up

I work today and tomorrow so it'd have to be after work tonight (10pm cst) or tomorrow (before noon cst or after 10pm cst) wednesday I'm open all day[/QUOTE]

10pm cst is so late for me. Id much rather play wed afternoon at 6ish. That game last night was amazing, both Aaron and vick were having good games.

When can we begin week 2 games - assume after Thursday...I really wish I hadn't missed the first game

Can someone crash course me in madden on how to user pick or pick better defensive coverages? I know your supposed to strafe LT which I don't get, I usually wack b and then y last second, miss the pick and the other guy takes it to the house. I pick zone and I get smoked, I pick man and I get smoked. I play 2 under or similar zone/man coverages and I get run over. It's frustrating, I'm up for some unranked games with anyone who has time to show me how to play a better game.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Can someone crash course me in madden on how to user pick or pick better defensive coverages? I know your supposed to strafe LT which I don't get, I usually wack b and then y last second, miss the pick and the other guy takes it to the house. I pick zone and I get smoked, I pick man and I get smoked. I play 2 under or similar zone/man coverages and I get run over. It's frustrating, I'm up for some unranked games with anyone who has time to show me how to play a better game.[/QUOTE]

I still suck but, one of the things that helped me improve was to go into practice mode on all madden and just have the cpu run random whiling sticking with using your FS/SS. Even after an hour you should notice a big difference and it should help you with your audibles too.

I got the day off so I'd be happy to get a couple of scrims in before the MNF game.

[quote name='gbpackers94']10pm cst is so late for me. Id much rather play wed afternoon at 6ish. That game last night was amazing, both Aaron and vick were having good games.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good

Hey everyone,

I just joined as the dolphins (gamertag raging munchie) when do week 2 games begin? looks like i played sir felgar week 1 and won

bread's done
Back