CAG Madden League

I cannot stop users when they are running the ball w/ the cowboys... 80 yards straight up the filed with 5-8 yards per run. 4-3 is useless, I don't want to change my defensive playbook I just don't feel like the play book has enough plays, 4-3, nickel, dollar, quarter, goaline... i wish there was 4-3, 4-6, 5-2, and quarter, and also goalline defensive playbook.

oh well....

if I get off work on time, I'll be online tonight! if anyone wants a game.

[quote name='Thomas96']I cannot stop users when they are running the ball w/ the cowboys... 80 yards straight up the filed with 5-8 yards per run. 4-3 is useless, I don't want to change my defensive playbook I just don't feel like the play book has enough plays, 4-3, nickel, dollar, quarter, goaline... i wish there was 4-3, 4-6, 5-2, and quarter, and also goalline defensive playbook.

oh well....

if I get off work on time, I'll be online tonight! if anyone wants a game.[/quote]

Have you tried the Multiple D playbook. it has a good variety of formations to play with. I haven't fiddled with all the other ones yet, but thats my favorite so far. I will be on tonight around 11pm EST. If you wanna play add me as friend and shoot me a message on PSN...

[quote name='metrognome']Have you tried the Multiple D playbook. it has a good variety of formations to play with. I haven't fiddled with all the other ones yet, but thats my favorite so far. I will be on tonight around 11pm EST. If you wanna play add me as friend and shoot me a message on PSN...[/QUOTE]

thanks, I'll add you when I get home

[quote name='js1']My buddie Duckiemclovin said he for sure want to be part of the league just needs sign up info.[/quote]

Just exchanged msgs with him over PSN. Sounded like he needed help signing up. I gave him directions on what menu items to look for. Shouldn't be too hard. Look forward to havin' him.

We're up to 9 confirmed signed up with another three that have told me they will sign up "soon."

DAMN! I just played an amazing non-league game practicing with my Falcons and won against the Steelers, then of course I got the exit screen freeze and it didn't log my stats or my win! Bollocks. Oh Well, i got this in a Madden Newsletter today...

We just got this info from Ian Cummings, the 2010 Senior Madden
Producer. EA Sports is busting it to make some fixes to this
year's game that have been deal wreckers for some. Here's the info...

Two Weeks of Madden NFL 09

Well it's been two weeks since Madden officially launched and it
sure has been a busy time for us. I truly hope everyone is enjoying
the game, and I wanted to drop an update on some things we've been
working on for our 2nd patch. We feel that without a doubt this
encapsulates the top issues we're hearing from the forums and
community leaders, and hope that this list truly makes Madden NFL
09 the ultimate sports game for you.

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with
two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning
or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. "ActionCam"
forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late
kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing
the "disconnect". This has been fixed...all cameras can still be used
as well.

Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your
opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online
game.

2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights /
postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after
training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone
was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant
Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.

Workaround until the patch: Save and re-boot after any point where
you have entered the game. We learned that the likelihood of this
issue appearing is magnified after multiple loads into and out of
the game engine. From what we've seen so far, people that have
tried playing only one game at a time (or even one Franchise
training session at a time), and saving/rebooting afterwards, have
had zero crashes.

3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This
has been fixed.

Workaround until the patch: Always choose "No" at the Madden IQ end
of game popup.

4. "WR direct snap" exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to
direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we
fixing this play (i.e. we aren't removing it), we are also going to
be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has
been found to be using this play.

5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The
lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone
agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see
more realistic progression now.

6. Edited players don't progress: Players were not
progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other
attribute). This has been fixed.

7. Stability issue when exiting Madden '93 in CE version:
This has been fixed.

8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to
throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide
open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will
no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while
throwing.

9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU
tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed
for patch 2.

10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the
hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders.
We increased these substantially for patch 2.

11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of
field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also
getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we
increased this effect for the patch.

12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We
found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into
stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-game with a ring
meter that was completely full.

13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was
causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen

14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where
defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their
coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for
them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though
they were in Prevent.

15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we
were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game
for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.

16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where
defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.

17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the
speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length
of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make
pre-play adjustments.

18. Online playbook switch: We found and fixed an issue where
playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select
popup was closed.

I hope this makes everyone quite happy.

The patch is being tested as I write this and will be sent off for
verification in the morning, so we are targeting less than a 3 week
turnaround from today for this to hit the general public. (Woohoo!)
We will also make sure to provide updates as the patch progresses
through the 3rd party approval process. As a side note, as of this
moment there have been no changes to database schema, so you won't
have to re-start your Franchise or delete any files.

It makes us very stoked to be able to make this many changes for a
patch, and do them based directly on community feedback. There are
always going to be folks that are upset if what they felt was a top
issue wasn't addressed, but I'll state again (as I have before)
that we have to keep balancing this work against Madden NFL 2010.
The longer we keep going on patches, the less we can add to the
following year's product. On a side note, there is also a Franchise
stability issue that we have been investigating, and we are working
feverishly to get this figured out. We will update on that issue as
soon as we can. As for the rest of the items, I personally feel
that we have hit a very good balance of top items because many of
these issues can actually detract from an enjoyable experience,
which is obviously the last thing we want.

Metrognome how'd you get that newsletter? I want one! haha but they also needa fix how the clock keeps going after plays but the play clock doesnt move either. That's kinda annoying and gives a disadvantage to those trying to come back late in the game.

So, I was playing Thomas96 last night and my internet went out. EA's servers don't register the score at the time of disconnect? I just checked and he won 2-0, He was winning I believe 21-7 or so when my internet died :cry:

[quote name='0x3g3n']So, I was playing Thomas96 last night and my internet went out. EA's servers don't register the score at the time of disconnect? I just checked and he won 2-0, He was winning I believe 21-7 or so when my internet died :cry:[/quote]

Disconnects during league games is probably going to have a slight impact on online leagues for sure. Me and the commish had our first game drop out thanks to EA and it didn't log the W or L but it seemed to have captured partial stats from my players...very wierd.

Anyways, if anybody wants to get a game in I'll be on shortly after 11pm EST. shoot me a message on PSN if anyone wants to play.

[quote name='0x3g3n']So, I was playing Thomas96 last night and my internet went out. EA's servers don't register the score at the time of disconnect? I just checked and he won 2-0, He was winning I believe 21-7 or so when my internet died :cry:[/QUOTE]

bassek kicked my ass that same night :(

I was taking to bassek about the old feature of madden which allowed you to save a game and continue it later. It'd be nice if when disconnected you can save the game at its present state and then come back and play it with that person online.

[quote name='metrognome']Disconnects during league games is probably going to have a slight impact on online leagues for sure. Me and the commish had our first game drop out thanks to EA and it didn't log the W or L but it seemed to have captured partial stats from my players...very wierd.

Anyways, if anybody wants to get a game in I'll be on shortly after 11pm EST. shoot me a message on PSN if anyone wants to play.[/QUOTE]

hey, I'll be on, I'd like to get a game. I guess the DNC is done... here I come

Ok, I'm putting everyone on notice . . .

Thomaticus is a real player. He just put up 7, yes 7, TD on me. Two were INTs that were returned for TDs, but seriously, that leaves another 5 he put up.

I deserved it!

Good game Thoma! Everyone else . . . look out!

:)

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Ok, I'm putting everyone on notice . . .

Thomaticus is a real player. He just put up 7, yes 7, TD on me. Two were INTs that were returned for TDs, but seriously, that leaves another 5 he put up.

I deserved it!

Good game Thoma! Everyone else . . . look out!

:)[/QUOTE]

you know that was a pretty drive that you put together in the first quarter. Your play calling kept me guessing. Now later on I was able to key in one of your favorite plays, coupled with some luck. One thing about madden is that once you lose momentum its hard to get it back and win.

[quote name='Thomas96']you know that was a pretty drive that you put together in the first quarter. Your play calling kept me guessing. Now later on I was able to key in one of your favorite plays, coupled with some luck. One thing about madden is that once you lose momentum its hard to get it back and win.[/quote]

Yeah, I need to get more comfortable with my own playbook. There are certain plays I return to again and again b/c they worked against prior opponents.

As far a momentum, you scored pretty easily on the first drive. The second play after I took over, you had an INT return for a TD.

We were about 2:30 into the game and I was down 14-0! I knew I had a long road ahead. (I din't know it was going to be that long though!:applause:)

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Yeah, I need to get more comfortable with my own playbook. There are certain plays I return to again and again b/c they worked against prior opponents.

As far a momentum, you scored pretty easily on the first drive. The second play after I took over, you had an INT return for a TD.

We were about 2:30 into the game and I was down 14-0! I knew I had a long road ahead. (I din't know it was going to be that long though!:applause:)[/QUOTE]

The first drive, you and me both scored easily, and got into good offensive grooves. I was thinking that I was going to have to throw the Defensive playbook out of the window and just focus on scoring. I thought we were going to go back and forth. When you threw the interception that messed things up. you threw the ball too quick, actually, I was thinking that when you hiked the ball you pressed X an once more (while trying to hike) and ended up getting a hike and a pass. [I've had that happen to me as well]. This game would have been much closer if you had stopped me just before half time. Because after that big hit on special teams, you had the momentum; which is why I was so desperate to score again before the half. It would have been disasterous to start the 3rd quarter coming off a messed up special teams play, and a failed drive.

Would it be possible to have a team in each league? I'm the jags in the AFC, could I take one of the free teams in the NFC?

Welcome to sprintfinanceguy new owner of The Bears
bears.gif

He's our 10th registered owner!

Based on other conversations I've had, I'm expecting three more. Thanks to everyone. Keep playing!

i was playing thenotoriousrob earlier, and we got a "disconnected from the server" message. really lame, i wish you could save your game. i bet thenotoriousrob is happy though, i was winning! haha but still, it's just annoying.

really good game metrognome, that was very close. couldn't figure out your defense!

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']i was playing thenotoriousrob earlier, and we got a "disconnected from the server" message. really lame, i wish you could save your game. i bet thenotoriousrob is happy though, i was winning! haha but still, it's just annoying.

really good game metrognome, that was very close. couldn't figure out your defense![/quote]

Yeah, luckily I have some pretty good schemes on D cuz without free agency the Falcons are really rough on the D side. I need to step it up on my offense, picks and fumbles have been killing me. And that play where I got sacked for like a 10 yard loss was suppose to go play action but one of my presnap audibles fucked it up! lol

I just completed registration as the Seahawks. PSN is RedWingLion--I'm on EST. I'll be on Sunday throughout the day if anyone is interested in playing. Send me some friend requests if you wish.

[quote name='js1']Would it be possible to have a team in each league? I'm the jags in the AFC, could I take one of the free teams in the NFC?[/QUOTE]

Strangepork, can I get a response on this? If no one else steps in for the panthers I'll take 'em..

[quote name='js1']Strangepork, can I get a response on this? If no one else steps in for the panthers I'll take 'em..[/quote]

Primetime and I are PMing about it we'll get back with a proposal shortly for all the owners. Stay tuned . . .

[quote name='js1']Strangepork, can I get a response on this? If no one else steps in for the panthers I'll take 'em..[/quote]

Good question. Sounds like you're having fun and want to play more. That's a good thing!

The AFC just filled up and we haven't even gone through the first week, so for now we're going to wait at least another week to see if anyone else grabs the other teams in the NFC. I had three inquiries too from owners who weren't originally singed up. So request keep coming in.

Sometime next weekend we'll revisit it and see where we stand. We still get inquiries from new owners so we want to see how it goes a little longer. We'd also like to ultimately have the other owners sign off on this. Maybe we'll put it to some sort of vote soon.

We will note that you were asking about the Panther first.

Sound ok for now?

Dr. SP

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Good question. Sounds like you're having fun and want to play more. That's a good thing!

The AFC just filled up and we haven't even gone through the first week, so for now we're going to wait at least another week to see if anyone else grabs the other teams in the NFC. I had three inquiries too from owners who weren't originally singed up. So request keep coming in.

Sometime next weekend we'll revisit it and see where we stand. We still get inquiries from new owners so we want to see how it goes a little longer. We'd also like to ultimately have the other owners sign off on this. Maybe we'll put it to some sort of vote soon.

We will note that you were asking about the Panther first.

Sound ok for now?

Dr. SP[/QUOTE]

okay

[quote name='mat77']i call panthers gamer tag mjtm77[/quote]

Great! Glad to have you. Check your CAG PM for log in instructions. Also check your PSN messages for the same and a friend invite from me sometime Sunday.

In case you have read earlier posts in this thread, play has started, you can go ahead and start playing. Madden uses an open scheduling system so all you have to do is find an owner who is online and that you haven't played before. Challenge them to a game and get going. Beating them is up to you though.:)

Let me know if you have questions.

Again, welcome.

Dr. SP

Welcome, mat77! Glad to have you. Check your CAG PM for registration instructions. Also, look to you PSN message for the same and for a friend invite.

Play has already started, but you are not too far behind. Get online, register for the league, and then find the other owners to play in league play.
Again, welcome!

Sorry but mjtm77 doesn't appear to be a valid PSN ID. I'm going to keep the Panthers available until you provide a valid ID.
Love to have you, but please get me the right info.
Thanks.

[quote name='js1']TBuckner(PSN) will take the Cards.

Just pm me with the info so I can explain to how to sign up..[/quote]

Sent. Would you also do me a favor and get on your buddy DuckieMclovin? He hasn't registered despite telling me he would do so a few times. Thanks!

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Sorry but mjtm77 doesn't appear to be a valid PSN ID. I'm going to keep the Panthers available until you provide a valid ID.
Love to have you, but please get me the right info.
Thanks.[/quote]

Isn't gamer tag what they call it on Xbox Live?

[quote name='metrognome']Isn't gamer tag what they call it on Xbox Live?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps he got lost and ended up in PS# land.

[quote name='metrognome']Anybody gonna be on later? I'll be on around 11pm EST if anybody wants to get a league game.[/quote]

I'll try. I expect to be on either way. I think we have a make up game to to anyway.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I'll try. I expect to be on either way. I think we have a make up game to to anyway.[/quote]

Cool. see you in an hour or so...Ill PNS message you when I get on...

Hey everyone -
We've had a little more than a week of league play and so far we've played 12 games together. I think that is pretty good. We have some committed players (and some stragglers too :)).

Here's how our rate of play stands

Thomaticus 4 played
Bassek 3 played
ChizelMonkee 5 played
l1nd 4 played
Metrognome 3 played
TBuckner 2 played
Bhay99 2 played

TNROB 1 played

Sprintfinanceguy just joined. I haven't heard from lilwiggum or RedWingLion since they joined. Same with mizerytheraven. I'll reach out to all of them and see where their heads are at.

Killsbury has told me twice that he will join, but I still haven't seen him online. DuckieMcLovin isn't a CAGer but told me he would join, but nothing so far. I may make their teams avaiable soon.

Thanks for your participation so far. Keep at it and have fun!

Dr. SP

[quote name='metrognome']Anybody gonna be on later? I'll be on around 11pm EST if anybody wants to get a league game.[/QUOTE]

I should be home around that time' we haven't played each other yet right?

[quote name='Thomas96']I should be home around that time' we haven't played each other yet right?[/quote]

no I dont think so. I am usually on around the same time any given night. send me a message on PSN if you want to play tonight.

anybody looking for a game after 9 PM central, let me know... By the way I've sent some league invites to people when they are online, and never seen a response. What does it look like from the "receiving" end? Does it come up on your screen with a "yes/no" prompt or what?

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']anybody looking for a game after 9 PM central, let me know... By the way I've sent some league invites to people when they are online, and never seen a response. What does it look like from the "receiving" end? Does it come up on your screen with a "yes/no" prompt or what?[/quote]

I think a message pops up on your ticker. ___ has challenged you.

[quote name='primetime']I think a message pops up on your ticker. ___ has challenged you.[/quote]

Yeah, I've only seen anything appear in the ticker at the bottom of your screen, but I think that is only when you get an invite. If someone accepts your invite I've only seen any indication on the ready screen when they join.

I find a nice assist form PSN messaging helps insetting up games. Especially now that we have XMB.

bread's done
Back