CAG Madden League

[quote name='PapiChullo']I'll take the Panthers if they are still available. If not, the 9ers.[/quote]

They are. The Bucs just became available again too. Check your PM for registration details and register with the team you want.

Thanks for joining!

[quote name='Thomas96']I should be home around that time' we haven't played each other yet right?[/quote]

sorry if I missed you last night. I got food poisoning and ended up puking my guts out. I was doing my best to hold it in, but for some reason right as GWB started giving his speech last night my stomach finally turned over. Go figure.

Registered.

I'm on lunch right now, but when I get home later, I'll be looking for a game. I'll probably be on around 8-830 EST.

I had to change my PSN to sign up again as the Rams so I'm now bigtimehawkfan in the league. I sent a friend request to everyone who sent one to lilwiggum. I will be around this weekend so I will be looking to play. Later.

[quote name='lilwiggum']I had to change my PSN to sign up again as the Rams so I'm now bigtimehawkfan in the league. I sent a friend request to everyone who sent one to lilwiggum. I will be around this weekend so I will be looking to play. Later.[/quote]

Thanks lilwiggum, glad that worked. Again, sorry that my mistake caused extra work for you.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Put me down for the Bucs please[/quote]

Great! Welcome to the league. Check your PM for registration instructions.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update on our progress.

We now have 15 teams registered(!). With 15 teams, each team will play eachother team once for a total of 14 games. (I'm assuming the 49ers will never be picked up:))

15 x 7 = 105 total games to be played not including playoffs (since each game played counts for two teams it is 'x7'). Of those 105, 13 have been played so far or 12.4%. I think around 8 or 9 of the 15 players are responsible for playing those 13 games, the rest haven't played any yet.

I really didn't know what to expect but at least we're on our way. I'll check with the other league to see how they are doing.

Continue to play and have fun. Post here if you're looking for a game and/or tap someone when you see them online. Don't pass up a chance to play, especially if you find someone who hasn't played at all yet. Show them how much fun we're having!

Thanks everyone

Dr. SP

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']football season has begun. GO CHARGERS!!![/quote]

YES! I hope everyone is as excited as I am for opening day. I went to the Falcons game earlier and was pleasantly surprised!

If anybody wants to get in a league game tonight I'll be on soon.

GO FALCONS!

I hope EA gets on the first Patch or server maintenance ASAP cuz these disconnects are getting ridiculous. I tried to play two games against the Bucs and both disconnected in the 3rd quarter. It seems like replay challenges and certain injury animations might be triggering them. I've had several online games drop after a replay challenge. BLARG!

anyways if anybody wants a game I'll be on at 11pm EST as usual...

5 guys still have 0 games played and are never online (at least when I check).

Maybe it's time to find out if they are still gonna participate.

[quote name='Thomas96']So after we play the regular season and the playoffs, then we play the winner from the AFC league?[/quote]

That's right.

[quote name='Bhay99']5 guys still have 0 games played and are never online (at least when I check).

Maybe it's time to find out if they are still gonna participate.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you're saying. We're only a few weeks into this though. However, I think if one just waits until they find another league player online, then they may never connect with some owners to play. Not everyone's schedule matches up the same. Some of us are online quite often, others not so much.

There's nothing to prevent you from using CAG through this forum or through PM to arrange game times. For those hard to reach owners, I'd suggest reaching out to them directly to see if they are responsive. Hopefully they will be. A nice friendly "Hey, I'd like to play you when do you think you'll be online?" message may be the way to go at first.

Know that everyone who is registered now has already gone through the "hey I haven't heard from your or seen you register, are you still interested?" filter if they were initially unresponsive. Everyone in the leuage so far has either played a game or said "yes, I'm still interested."

Having said all that, I do believe that the inactive owners have a responsibility to arrange games too. Adding the other owners as a friend isn't enough if their schedule doesn't match with everyone else's. While they active players can help the process, it isn't their job to arrange the games of others.

At some point (soon?) I suspect we'll have to cut some inactive owners out. At that point we'd either open the teams back up or go with a smaller league. I'd like to make that decision with your input and primetime's too (the AFC commish).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take another look at the level of activity this weekend and see where we stand.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Yeah, I know what you're saying. We're only a few weeks into this though. However, I think if one just waits until they find another league player online, then they may never connect with some owners to play. Not everyone's schedule matches up the same. Some of us are online quite often, others not so much.

There's nothing to prevent you from using CAG through this forum or through PM to arrange game times. For those hard to reach owners, I'd suggest reaching out to them directly to see if they are responsive. Hopefully they will be. A nice friendly "Hey, I'd like to play you when do you think you'll be online?" message may be the way to go at first.

Know that everyone who is registered now has already gone through the "hey I haven't heard from your or seen you register, are you still interested?" filter if they were initially unresponsive. Everyone in the leuage so far has either played a game or said "yes, I'm still interested."

Having said all that, I do believe that the inactive owners have a responsibility to arrange games too. Adding the other owners as a friend isn't enough if their schedule doesn't match with everyone else's. While they active players can help the process, it isn't their job to arrange the games of others.

At some point (soon?) I suspect we'll have to cut some inactive owners out. At that point we'd either open the teams back up or go with a smaller league. I'd like to make that decision with your input and primetime's too (the AFC commish).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take another look at the level of activity this weekend and see where we stand.[/quote]

One Thing I'd Like to see that could help with some of this is to set up a weekly night/time that we could vote on for everyone to try to meet up and play. It would speed up games and maybe give the less active owners a time to know when to get games in.

My best time is any Monday thru Thursday around 11pm EST or Sunday evening.

So if everybody wants to post their ideal day/time they'd like to see a meetup we might be able to get this going...

of course if you dont think its a good idea Strangepork, you can always veto...

[quote name='metrognome']One Thing I'd Like to see that could help with some of this is to set up a weekly night/time that we could vote on for everyone to try to meet up and play. It would speed up games and maybe give the less active owners a time to know when to get games in.

My best time is any Monday thru Thursday around 11pm EST or Sunday evening.

So if everybody wants to post their ideal day/time they'd like to see a meetup we might be able to get this going...

of course if you dont think its a good idea Strangepork, you can always veto...[/quote]

No, that's actually a good idea. I like it let's run with it and see how it pans out. Can I nominate you to compile the results?

For me, I can be available most nights after 9:30 central time.

Dr. SP

ALL OWNERS, PLEASE POST A VOTE FOR A NIGHT/TIME YOU'D LIKE TO SEE A MEET-UP FOR GAMES.
THANKS!

*UPDATE: 10/16 - votes as of 9/15/08

Results thus far:

Time: Median Time frame so far seems like 10 PM ET (9 CT, 8 MT, 7 PT)

Monday - 7 votes - 1st (tied)
Tuesday - 7 Votes - 1st (tied)
Wednesday - 6 Votes
Thursday - 5 Votes
Friday - 4 Votes
Saturday - 5 Votes
Sunday - 5 Votes

(Votes for "any night" are counted once on each day.)

Voters:

(CAG/PSN)

metrognome - Tuesday nights 11pm EST.
Strangepork/ChizelMonkee - any night after 10:30 EST (9:30 CST)
m_d_amore/mdam0re - 6pm to 11pm M - F or later weekends
pinoyunggoy/bassek - anytime
Papi Chullo - Monday or Wednesday 8pm - ?
Thomas96/Thomaticus 305 - Saturday
Bhay99 - Tuesday
Plinko/RedWingLion - Monday
lilwiggum/bigtimehawkfan - Sun thru Th
starmask2k3/mizerytheraven - anyday after 10 or 10:30

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone wanna go now?

11 is a bit late for me during the week but weekends are ok late . work @ 630am so kinda tough
ususally during the week after 6pmESttil about 11

Best nights for me are Mon & Wed, after about 8 EST. Then Sunday's after football.

I apologize for not having gotten any games in yet. I'm going to try and knock some out this week. Send me a PM or message on PSN if you want to get a game. I usually do a little better w/ scheduled times.

Yo Commish,

Could you send out some PMs to the rest of the owners to check out the thead and vote, just in case some of them aren't checking back here regularly. Also a couple of them aren't on CAG, what should we do about them?

[quote name='metrognome']Yo Commish,

Could you send out some PMs to the rest of the owners to check out the thead and vote, just in case some of them aren't checking back here regularly. Also a couple of them aren't on CAG, what should we do about them?[/quote]

Why don't you go ahead and contact them through PM? I hope you don't mind. You've seem to have made some progress and that's great! I've just put so much time getting us to 16 registered owners that I'm a bit drained on this right now. I'm glad that other owners like you have stepped up to make the league better. Keep running with it. It takes work, but you'll get there.

As for the two non-CAGers. Fortunately, they do seem to be active. You could ask them though PSN . . . or ignore them.

Your call.

Word. Everybody but the two non CAGs should have a PM letting them know to stop by and vote. Can't wait to get this going.

[quote name='metrognome']Word. Everybody but the two non CAGs should have a PM letting them know to stop by and vote. Can't wait to get this going.[/quote]

That's great! Thanks for taking this on. Maybe when you find the winning night we can let the other conference know and they can adopt that time as well just to make it easy for them too.

[quote name='m_d_amore']anyone up or a game tonight?[/quote]

I'll probably be on around 11pm EST, hopefully we wont get disconnected like last time.

Hey good game m_d_amore. I couldn't do a thing in the passing game. And Dunn hurt me, seemed like he kept getting 5-7 yards on every carry.

Gameplay note: It was a little frustrating that I wasn't able to run off tackle when the line was stacked all the way in the middle most of the time. Didn't make much sense. Maybe it was just that my line sucked.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Hey good game m_d_amore. I couldn't do a thing in the passing game. And Dunn hurt me, seemed like he kept getting 5-7 yards on every carry.

Gameplay note: It was a little frustrating that I wasn't able to run off tackle when the line was stacked all the way in the middle most of the time. Didn't make much sense. Maybe it was just that my line sucked.[/QUOTE]

good game man
i saved some highlights of it

Anyone try playing with a headset recently? I've been having problems as in I get nothing works for voice. Not working in Jeopardy either. May be my end but stuff worked before. Even voice though my PS Eye isn't working.

I'm actually out of town for the next 2 weeks, and I'm one of the owner's with no games played as of yet. I'm generally online after 9PM (put the kids to bed then) until about 11pm. Those are central times...

When I get back on the 29th of September, I'll do my best to start catching up on games, should be able to get 3/4 in a week if I can catch people.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']I'm actually out of town for the next 2 weeks, and I'm one of the owner's with no games played as of yet. I'm generally online after 9PM (put the kids to bed then) until about 11pm. Those are central times...

When I get back on the 29th of September, I'll do my best to start catching up on games, should be able to get 3/4 in a week if I can catch people.[/quote]

What day of the week would you like to see a meetup for owners to play games? since your one of the ones who hasn't played many, once we get a night set up it should help you get in at least one solid night a week to play league games...

Just a reminder, if it isn't obvious already, if you want your game to count as a league game can you have to issue or accept an invite for a league game not just any online game. Don't miss out on a win just because you issued the wrong invite.

Yes, this has happened.

bread's done
Back