CAG Madden League

FYI to the league -

I've contacted three owners who haven't played a game yet. I've given them until Tuesday to play or I will release their teams. A forth owner has dropped from the league without explanation. I will make that team available shortly.

I've seen my role as commissioner as mainly ensuring that we all have opponents to play. If replacements for these teams are necessary, I hope to have them soon.

Thanks to all of you who continue to play and make the league fun!

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']FYI to the league -

I've contacted three owners who haven't played a game yet. I've given them until Tuesday to play or I will release their teams. A forth owner has dropped from the league without explanation. I will make that team available shortly.

I've seen my role as commissioner as mainly ensuring that we all have opponents to play. If replacements for these teams are necessary, I hope to have them soon.

Thanks to all of you who continue to play and make the league fun![/QUOTE]

I release my self

Looks like the new update has been posted. Just updated my Madden to 1.20. Hope it makes a diff although I've been pretty happy so far (about the game not my play :))

Also, I just made 4 teams available so if you know of any other CAGers who want to play have them claim a team by posting to this thread. Thanks!

damn, I would totally take the boys but Im already 6 games deep into league play...

It doesn't seem like I am going to be getting anymore votes for a meetup night so I guess we need to have a runoff.

MONDAYS or TUESDAYS?
Please post a vote for which night to have a meetup to play league games...

[quote name='metrognome']damn, I would totally take the boys but Im already 6 games deep into league play...

It doesn't seem like I am going to be getting anymore votes for a meetup night so I guess we need to have a runoff.

MONDAYS or TUESDAYS?
Please post a vote for which night to have a meetup to play league games...[/quote]

Either is fine for me.

Either is fine for me also. I haven't been online in awhile, as I started a new shift at work.. but it frees up my nights(i work 4am-noon CST now).. pm me on PSN if anyone wants to play :D

[quote name='Lexian']I'll take the Cowboys if no one else has claimed them. PSN= PeeKAY53[/quote]

Great! Welcome. Check your PM for registration info.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']Tuesdays pls.[/quote]

Well thats good enough for me. Unless anyone has a major objection I say

CAG NFC GAME NIGHT

Tuesdays @ 10:30pm ET (9:30CT, 8:30MT, 7:30PT)

A lot of people also seem to like Sundays after the Late games (not the prime time game) So maybe a secondary night then would be good too.

Here's how it'll work:

For this week I'll start the room but in the future whoever is online first can start it. There will be a lobby room called CAG NFC and the pass will be CAG. From there we can chat and people can matchup!

Strangepork, you may want to post this info in the OP as well.

[quote name='metrognome']Well thats good enough for me. Unless anyone has a major objection I say

CAG NFC GAME NIGHT

Tuesdays @ 10:30pm ET (9:30CT, 8:30MT, 7:30PT)

A lot of people also seem to like Sundays after the Late games (not the prime time game) So maybe a secondary night then would be good too.

Here's how it'll work:

For this week I'll start the room but in the future whoever is online first can start it. There will be a lobby room called CAG NFC and the pass will be CAG. From there we can chat and people can matchup!

Strangepork, you may want to post this info in the OP as well.[/quote]

Thanks for setting this up! Hopefully, this will keep us playing. The recently played games has been kinda slow of late.

I'll post at the front too.

Thanks again.

Good job, w/ the set up, see you guys on Tuesday... one question? We are still free to play games outside of Tuesday right, cause I try to play at least one game a night.

[quote name='Thomas96']Good job, w/ the set up, see you guys on Tuesday... one question? We are still free to play games outside of Tuesday right, cause I try to play at least one game a night.[/quote]

Absolutely! Don't pass up a chance to play a game at any time. Setting up a common night was just a way to let people know that there is a good night for you to check in and you'll likely find an opponent. This early in the season (about 20% of games have been played) this should help.

As we get to the last 10% or so I imagine it will be a lot more setting up "play dates" :) to get those final games in.

Good luck!

[quote name='Thomas96']Good job, w/ the set up, see you guys on Tuesday... one question? We are still free to play games outside of Tuesday right, cause I try to play at least one game a night.[/quote]

Yep, the night is just a good way for people to be able to meetup especially for the owners who aren't on all the time like some of us.

Also, Im sure there will be people at the nights that might have played already but can still play non league games against other owners.

Strangepork, what were the PSN names of the two non CAGs so I can message them to let them know about the night as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metrognome']Yep, the night is just a good way for people to be able to meetup especially for the owners who aren't on all the time like some of us.

Also, Im sure there will be people at the nights that might have played already but can still play non league games against other owners.

Strangepork, what were the PSN names of the two non CAGs so I can message them to let them know about the night as well?[/quote]

TBuckner and Captainghost

Thanks! See everyone Tuesday!

League Night!! League Night!! League Night!!

Tonight (9/30) is, as you may have guessed, LEAGUE NIGHT!!! 10:30 eastern, see metro's earlier post about logging into the room.

Check in here if you think you're gonna make it!

I'll be there! Perhaps you'll be in the unfortunate position of having to face the MIGHTY SAINTS!!!! Who will bring it! :)

Hmm...more often than not, 10:30pm is a bit too late for me, including tonight. That coupled with the fact that I rarely if ever see any of my league opponents on when I'm on, it might be best to replace me in the league. I'm in the AFC / Titans.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble, the timing just doesn't seem to be working out for me :)

[quote name='m3gatr0nx']Hmm...more often than not, 10:30pm is a bit too late for me, including tonight. That coupled with the fact that I rarely if ever see any of my league opponents on when I'm on, it might be best to replace me in the league. I'm in the AFC / Titans.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble, the timing just doesn't seem to be working out for me :)[/quote]

Well, this is really for the NFC league so let primetime know if you're interesting in dropping out of the AFC although that would be a let down to all the rest in your league.

Having said that, I think I've heard too many "no one is online when I am" excuses for not playing any games for my taste. Have you tried reaching out to other owners directly through CAG PM or PSN to arrange a time to play? If not, it is just my opinion that you haven't done enough to make it work. Opponents don't just magically appear. It takes a bit more work to arrange the one-on-one games, that is why metro had the great idea of setting a night when most of us could be on. He surveyed our owners and came up with Tuesday night. Sorry if that doesn't work for you or the others in your league in case the AFC does one too.

I feel that because we all have a limited amount of opponents and all of the games require one-on-one participation it takes more effort. Unlike say GTA IV where 10 people can say they will play online but if only 7 show up you can still have a fun game.

Before simply dropping out, here's what I ask:

Ask yourself "Have I reached out to other owners *on an individual basis* to arrange a time to play?" Even posting "I'm going to be online tonight" probably isn't enough.

I don't have access to your league standings, but have you played any games at all? We're a month and a half into the league play and I scratch my head when I think of owners who haven't played more than a game or two in a month and a half. In those cases they are waiting for the games to come to them rather than doing what it takes to make them happen.

Don't be afraid to reach out to your fellow CAGers. We're friendly. This league is about community as much as anything else. You didn't need to sign up through CAG to play online.

I can't make the League work on my own, Primetime can't make the AFC work on his own, so everyone needs to step up so we can make this work. Hopefully tonight will be a success and we can keep moving forward.

Hope this wasn't too harsh. A lot of the owners have put a lot of time i to making this work thus far. Obviously, we can't make anyone play but it would be great if everyone could pitch in.

Thanks

Dr. SP

Thanks for the input, and yeah, you're right ;)

I'll try to be more proactive see if I can get a hold of some people in my league to get some games in. Thanks for the pep-talk coach! :lol:

[quote name='m3gatr0nx']Thanks for the input, and yeah, you're right ;)

I'll try to be more proactive see if I can get a hold of some people in my league to get some games in. Thanks for the pep-talk coach! :lol:[/quote]

Great! That's what I wanted to hear! Now go kick some ass!

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Well, this is really for the NFC league so let primetime know if you're interesting in dropping out of the AFC although that would be a let down to all the rest in your league.

Having said that, I think I've heard too many "no one is online when I am" excuses for not playing any games for my taste. Have you tried reaching out to other owners directly through CAG PM or PSN to arrange a time to play? If not, it is just my opinion that you haven't done enough to make it work. Opponents don't just magically appear. It takes a bit more work to arrange the one-on-one games, that is why metro had the great idea of setting a night when most of us could be on. He surveyed our owners and came up with Tuesday night. Sorry if that doesn't work for you or the others in your league in case the AFC does one too.

I feel that because we all have a limited amount of opponents and all of the games require one-on-one participation it takes more effort. Unlike say GTA IV where 10 people can say they will play online but if only 7 show up you can still have a fun game.

Before simply dropping out, here's what I ask:

Ask yourself "Have I reached out to other owners *on an individual basis* to arrange a time to play?" Even posting "I'm going to be online tonight" probably isn't enough.

I don't have access to your league standings, but have you played any games at all? We're a month and a half into the league play and I scratch my head when I think of owners who haven't played more than a game or two in a month and a half. In those cases they are waiting for the games to come to them rather than doing what it takes to make them happen.

Don't be afraid to reach out to your fellow CAGers. We're friendly. This league is about community as much as anything else. You didn't need to sign up through CAG to play online.

I can't make the League work on my own, Primetime can't make the AFC work on his own, so everyone needs to step up so we can make this work. Hopefully tonight will be a success and we can keep moving forward.

Hope this wasn't too harsh. A lot of the owners have put a lot of time i to making this work thus far. Obviously, we can't make anyone play but it would be great if everyone could pitch in.

Thanks

Dr. SP[/QUOTE]

Bravo... you made a good point, I think we all need to reach out to each other to get these games played.

Allright Guys Tonight's The Night!

I'll probably be setting up the room around 10:15 ET so people have time to show up and get the room good and full before we start matching up. I'm about to send out PM reminders to all the CAG members so hopefully we'll get a good turnout! See ya'll online!

Okay, I am setting up the room now. looks like we'll all have to figure out our matchups, then leave the room and go to our league menu to initiate the league games. See ya'll in a little bit!

Well tonight was a decent success, but we definitely need to work the kinks out in this thing. It kind of sucks that we can't send league invites straight from the room.

Oh Well, next week Im gonna double up and send PMs and PSN messages the night before.

Good game PeeKAY I should have kept up my run game in the first half, I might have had more of a chance.

Good game Metro, it was close the whole way through. You had the only offensive TD the whole game haha. I got lucky with the def TD and then was able to pull out those last first downs to run out the clock so it could have gone either way.

good game, man I wish I could see you guys play each other. [spectator mode] Madden definitely needs a spectator mode.

It was kinda of a frustrating night for me. I was playing madam0re (Bucs) and we got disconnected 4 times! Each of us tried being the home team. Mercifully, it disconnected early in the game 3 out of 4 times, once after the initial kickoff. However, one time we got through the first half before being disconnected.

Glad to see folks online. I wish the other league member who I saw online would've joined in though.

At the least, I wrote down my hit list of owners I have to play. I'll take a does of my own medicine and reach out to them individually and see when then can play.

Thanks to all.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']It was kinda of a frustrating night for me. I was playing madam0re (Bucs) and we got disconnected 4 times! Each of us tried being the home team. Mercifully, it disconnected early in the game 3 out of 4 times, once after the initial kickoff. However, one time we got through the first half before being disconnected.

Glad to see folks online. I wish the other league member who I saw online would've joined in though.

At the least, I wrote down my hit list of owners I have to play. I'll take a does of my own medicine and reach out to them individually and see when then can play.

Thanks to all.[/quote]

That happened when I played him the first two times too. I thought they had fixed those glitches in the recent patch, but i guess not.

Sorry I missed you online earlier TBuck, was playing with a friend. I'll be online tomorrow night around the same time if you are available

Don't forget guys, league game night is tomorrow night at 10:30 EST!

I will start up the room right around 10:30 ET and send room invites. Just get in madden and get online, then join when I send the room invite!

Once enough players show up, pick your opponent and go at it!

SEE YOU THERE!

10 30 is a bit late for me i work @630am est so usually a 1030/45 game means its over at least by midnite. if its like 915/30 i could at least get 2 games in maybe. sorry i missed last week . how was it anymore people show up? ill make it this week or at least try to, just dont wanna have a room full of people who beat me already at least til the playoffs;)

on a side note anyone on now wanna gt a game in?

oops. sorry I am late tonight. I think from the past two weeks we probably don't need to set up a room anyway since there's no way to jump straight into a league game from there. From now on on Tuesdays, just sign in and go to the league page, see who's on and send a PSN message or an invite. As long as we all know to try to get in games on Tuesdays it should still speed up the league...Sorry again

[quote name='metrognome']oops. sorry I am late tonight. I think from the past two weeks we probably don't need to set up a room anyway since there's no way to jump straight into a league game from there. From now on on Tuesdays, just sign in and go to the league page, see who's on and send a PSN message or an invite. As long as we all know to try to get in games on Tuesdays it should still speed up the league...Sorry again[/quote]

I think you are probably right. Captainghoast and I were on a few minutes early and just got going (he won :().

Looks like a lot of owners were playing tonight. Good stuff!

Hey Guys -

I am traveling for work this week and won't be in town for Tuesday's League night. I'm going to reach out to some owners individually to see if I can get a game in Sunday or Monday. (Papichilo, I' coming after you!!! :))

Good luck, have fun, and keep playing!

Fellas,

I just moved into a new place over the weekend and don't have cable/intenet/phone yet. They are supposed to come out early next week to hook everything up, so I should be back up and running by the middle of next week to get some games in.

I should be on around 10:30ish as usual.

Remember anybody who gets on for a game tonight, just go straight to the league standings and see who's on to play. PSN message to set up games of course. See you in the trenches!

Guys

THe NFL season is about halfway through. I figured it might be a good time to update you all on the number of games played.

On an individual level, here's how it stands:

PSN ID # Played % of Season
Metrognome 8 67%
Bhay99 7 58%
Thomaticus 7 58%
Tbuckner 7 58%
ChizelMonkee 7 58%
mdam0re 6 50%
bassek 5 42%
Captainghost 5 42%
l1nd 4 33%
PKay53 3 25%
RedWingLion 3 25%
NotoriousROB 2 17%
Papichillo 2 17%

I think that puts us at about 42% of all games needed to be played. Thanks to Metrognome for leading the way!

If you're at the top of the list, ping those owners at the bottom and see if you can arrange a time to play. l1nd and NorotiousRob haven't been online in 10+ days, so I wonder what they are up to and Papi say he'd be back online this week so hopeyfully you can hook up with him too.

Remember to join us on Tuesday nights for league night as well!
Otherwise, keep playing and have fun!!

PS - I haven't had any nibbles for awhile so I'm going to close the league to new owners. FYI ALso, I haven't heard from the AFC in awhile, I'll see how they are doing.

Update on my internet, Verizon messed up the order and aren't going to be able to make it out until 11/3, so I'll be back up and running then.

well the good news is I have played the most games, the bad news is Im 2-6!

I'll be on tonight for league play as usual around 10 or so.
the owners I am yet to play I believe are:

Thomaticus
CaptainGhost
RedWingLion
& NotoriousROB

if one of you guys is on tonight hit me up for a game!!!
I'll send some PSN messages to be pro-active as well...

Sorry I haven't been around for league night. I've been traveling for work the last few Tuesdays and will be for this Tuesday as well. I'm updating my list on who I have to play so expect some invites from me directly.

Keep playing!!!! I'm 2-4 and having fun!

Well, it looks like TBuckner dropped as the Cards. He didn't say anything to me but he isn't on the roster anymore on Madden online.

Also, PSN says l1nd and NotoriousROB haven't been online in 34 days and 29 days respectively. I'll reach out to them but I suspect they are done. It would be too bad to lose them as they've already played some games (4 and 2 respectively).

I'll let you know if I have any updates.

[quote name='cartman58']Hmm. Can someone be added late? I'd be down to join if there is room.[/quote]

I think so. With you added we'd be a 13- team league so that means you'd have to play 12 games plus playoffs.

Can you commit to that? Some teams have played 5, 6, or 7 games while others have played only a handful. You'd have to catch up but you're only a few games "behind."

If you can commit, I say you're in. We're playing NFC teams in this league. Who are you interested in? Check the first post in this thread for availability.

Love to have you

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Can you commit to that? Some teams have played 5, 6, or 7 games while others have played only a handful. You'd have to catch up but you're only a few games "behind."

If you can commit, I say you're in. We're playing NFC teams in this league. Who are you interested in? Check the first post in this thread for availability.[/quote]

Yea, I can commit. Played in an MLB 08 league on CAG and I run one on another forum.

If this thing is still surviving then I'll take Green Bay.

[quote name='cartman58']Yea, I can commit. Played in an MLB 08 league on CAG and I run one on another forum.

If this thing is still surviving then I'll take Green Bay.[/quote]

Yeah, we're limping along. About half of the games for the season have been played, but some owners are more active than others.

Check your CAG PM for login instruction.

Good luck!

I'm finally back. I'll be available tonight if anyone wants to get in some games. Let me know either in PM or on PSN.

Fun game with madam0re last night. I lost (again) but had my first kickoff return for a TD. Bush broke 6 tackles. Of course, the kickoff was right after madam0re had just returned an INT for a TD. 7 INTs in the whole game. 5 by me. I was lucky the game ended up being 17-14. It could've been a lot worse. Of the 4 TDs, only one was by a "regular" offensive play.

Fun nonetheless.

Quick update, The Notorious ROB has dropped. Sounds like he sold his PS3 or something like that. Also, I haven't heard from l1nd and he hasn't been online in over a month. I'll assume he is out. I figure I have to drop them from the league or playoffs won't start. However, I'll wait until all the other games are played to make I *have* to drop them to move on to the playoffs. They were both 1 and 1, so I imagine it may affect some of the other owners' records.

Keep playing! Have fun. I only have 4 more games to play!!!

bread's done
Back