CAG Marketplace Now in Open Beta, Available to All

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but how do I browse by platform\genre? For example I want to see if anyone has GBA games for sale or trade, can I go to a page where it will retrieve that from the available lists?

Is there any way I can import a want list from another site to populate my want list on here? (Using a common format like CSV)

[quote name='ryanflucas']Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but how do I browse by platform\genre? For example I want to see if anyone has GBA games for sale or trade, can I go to a page where it will retrieve that from the available lists?

Is there any way I can import a want list from another site to populate my want list on here? (Using a common format like CSV)[/QUOTE]

I'm working on a better way to browse games with proper platform filtering - right now the browsing areas are only for high demand/popular games, but that'll change soon. (CSV import is coming too.)

Is there a way to look at like every game by system?
Like a page where you click on a system, then a list of games for that system for sale are listed (and if theres multiple sellers the link goes to a list of those sellers).

When creating/editing their trade list, the seller is prompted that his stated price should include shipping.

Just threw out a trade request. Lets see this baby in action. :cool:

Edit: Not sure if this has been mentioned (just skimmed the thread), but my offers are not showing up in the marketplace. Put up a handful of games almost 8 hours ago too.

Edit2: Also, on a couple of listings, the lowest price available does not sync up correctly with who's offering it in "my matches".

Example:

"My Matches":
Cheapest - CAG Marketplace:
$10 from CAGUSERNAME123

After you click the listing which brings you down to ALL available listings:
$10 from USERNAMECAG987

Basically, on "my matches" it shows me that it's available from this CAG for this price. However, once I click on all available listings, the lowest price is actually offered by a different CAG and the CAG from "my matches" is actually offering the game at a price different from what I saw in "my matches".

Hope this makes sense..

dont think this has been asked... is there some kind of region filter like on goozex? id hate to make a trade just to find out the guy lives in china or something and then have to back out. or am i going to have to ask every single person if they are in america?

Outstanding. I used to trade alot on another site, but left when it fell to pieces.

This is the only other thing I needed from CAG. Well done!

Gonna check it out soon. Shame is I recently sold about 400 of my games on Amazon. Got a nice amount of cash, but I hardly have anything left to trade :p

Now I am torn between Goozex and this.

The trading forum here is a great place, but seems to be frequented by the same people... Where something like this will hopefully become a tool for the masses.

Just wondering, are we allowed to only offer one trade per game?
Ie, if there are multiple users looking to sell game X, can we only make 1 offer to 1 user, and not multiple offers to multiple users?

Question:

In our avatars, the "iTrader" has been replaced with "Marketplace Feedback". However, the CML icon seems to have disappeared.

How do we get the CML icon back? Are we trying to move away from the old way of trading here?

How do we disable $ only matches? Not all of us wanna buy and I'm having to go through a lot of clicking to find users that actually want games off my list.

[quote name='Yamato']Question:

In our avatars, the "iTrader" has been replaced with "Marketplace Feedback". However, the CML icon seems to have disappeared.

How do we get the CML icon back? Are we trying to move away from the old way of trading here?[/QUOTE]

That is a good question

[quote name='helluvagood']interesting maybe this will get more canadian CAGers involved[/QUOTE]Currently, it's only open to USA and UK visitors. Canada is next.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']dont think this has been asked... is there some kind of region filter like on goozex? id hate to make a trade just to find out the guy lives in china or something and then have to back out. or am i going to have to ask every single person if they are in america?[/QUOTE]If you are in the USA, you will only be matched with USA CAGs. If you are in the UK, you will be matched with UK CAGs.

[quote name='saetia']Yeah what is this? My iTrader rating was (5), but now my Marketplace Feedback is (4). What gives?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I see that. It shall be fixed.

[quote name='CheapyD']
If you are in the USA, you will only be matched with USA CAGs. If you are in the UK, you will be matched with UK CAGs.
[/QUOTE]
:applause:thanks

[quote name='Tony208']How do we disable $ only matches? Not all of us wanna buy and I'm having to go through a lot of clicking to find users that actually want games off my list.[/QUOTE]Good suggestion.

[quote name='Yamato']Question:

How do we get the CML icon back? Are we trying to move away from the old way of trading here?[/QUOTE] I would like to encourage people to try the new Marketplace, but I also realize that some may prefer the old method. I think we have the feedback link under the avatar link to a users Trade List page which can feature an optional link to user's Trading Forum thread from there. Other suggestions are welcome.

[quote name='d3solut3']Now I am torn between Goozex and this.
[/QUOTE]I don't think it needs to be a one or the other situation. In fact, we will let you know Goozex values from inside the Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Set mine up and already accepted my first trade. Brilliant.

There may be a sign flashing this (in which case I missed it), but just to double check, standard CAG trading rules apply? In that lower feedbacks ship first (generally)?

[quote name='CheapyD']I would like to encourage people to try the new Marketplace, but I also realize that some may prefer the old method. I think we will incorporate a link to user's Trading Forum thread on their Trade List page. Other suggestions are welcome.
[/QUOTE]

I would suggest a little button by the feeback number which says "CML" or something like that.

In all seriousness, I think the marketplace looks neat and I plan to try it out, but I think it's a mistake to just radically alter the way trading is done on the site in a short time period. If the new marketplace is really better than the trading forum - and I'm certainly willing to try it and find out - than people will migrate over naturally to the better service.

I don't think I'm the only one who'd prefer to make that decision myself though, rather than just having the features of the old trading system stripped away. Most people will come around to a new idea if it's the better way, but some might resent being forced to do so.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Set mine up and already accepted my first trade. Brilliant.

There may be a sign flashing this (in which case I missed it), but just to double check, standard CAG trading rules apply? In that lower feedbacks ship first (generally)?[/QUOTE]

when you are sending a trade request it points out that the general rule is that lower feedback ships first and shows said persons name saying they should be shipping first. i dont know about when you recieve a request though.

[quote name='bvharris']I would suggest a little button by the feeback number which says "CML" or something like that.

In all seriousness, I think the marketplace looks neat and I plan to try it out, but I think it's a mistake to just radically alter the way trading is done on the site in a short time period. If the new marketplace is really better than the trading forum - and I'm certainly willing to try it and find out - than people will migrate over naturally to the better service.

I don't think I'm the only one who'd prefer to make that decision myself though, rather than just having the features of the old trading system stripped away. Most people will come around to a new idea if it's the better way, but some might resent being forced to do so.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am checking out the Marketplace now and it looks spectacular. I do believe that the majority of users will move over to the Marketplace eventually, but having the CML icon returned to our avatars during this transition period is key.

If not in our avatars, then maybe users could post a link in their signature? Also, is there a way to view a specific person's Marketplace page? (example: I'm reading a blog, decide I want to trade with the guy. Click, I'm brought to his page)

Sorry if the last question is obvious, I haven't looked around yet.

I'm in love with this system. Makes it so much easier to find offers and contact people directly.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']when you are sending a trade request it points out that the general rule is that lower feedback ships first and shows said persons name saying they should be shipping first. i dont know about when you recieve a request though.[/QUOTE]

I've read up on the rules and I take it I should be the one to ship out the game first due to my low (nonexistent) rating. But what's the common form of shipping via USPS (i.e. First Class or Priority)?

First Class with DC is the norm.

EDIT: Also, would be great if actual consoles (ie sega master system) and accessories (ie Wavebird) could be added. I'm sure its being worked on though. Maybe a "Check My List?" item to add to haves/wants.

This is awesome, too bad I can't just import a word document haha.

I was contemplating starting up with swaptree but this is way better!

I really like the trading market place. Thank you, Cheapy D.

One question: I have a Hard Drive for the XBOX 360 that I don't use anymore because Santa brought me an upgrade. Is there a way that I could trade or sell that in the new market place? I didn't see anything for accessories, but maybe I did not look hard enough. I prefer using CAG as opposed to Ebay or Amazon. Thanks for any help gang.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't think I'm the only one who'd prefer to make that decision myself though, rather than just having the features of the old trading system stripped away. [/QUOTE]
The old trading system had features? ;)

Don't worry, for those who aren't using the Marketplace, there will still be a way to enter feedback into the new system.

Is it my imagination, or is feedback not fully sync'd between iTrader and Marketplace?

I checked iTrader, and it shows 544 feedback, 931 total feedback for me. Marketplace shows 544 feedback, 930 total feedback.

saeita (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/itrader.php?u=28577) has 5 feedback in iTrader and 4 feedback in marketplace, something they PM'd me about last night.

Admittedly, I was missing 70 or 80 feedback from last night before the sync, though there's still some data missing and not just for me.

This looks great. I have some games I have been saving up for a Amazon or ebay auction. Might have to throw them up here. However they are not too impressive...

The iTrader feedback system allowed for notes to be added to feedback, is that information still accessible or is it gone?

[quote name='CheapyD']The old trading system had features? ;)
[/QUOTE]

Well, it had the CML button. ;)

I think the "features" that I mean are things which the old system provides the flexibility to do that the new system doesn't (yet).

For example, what if I want to sell or trade something that isn't a game? I know this is a gaming website, but DVDs and Blu-rays are pretty regularly traded in the forums now. Even if we're talking strictly gaming related stuff, I don't yet see a way to list a console, points cards, live cards, or any other gaming related stuff like that (swag, figures, soundtracks, etc). Perhaps these features are in the pipeline, in fact I'd guess they are, but for now it feels kind of limiting.

Additionally, I know this isn't a "feature" per say, but one of the things I really like about the current system is that CAG trading is at least something resembling a community. I think this has a benefit in that you know who's reliable, who's easy to deal with, etc etc. The Marketplace feels kind of impersonal. I'll concede that ultimately that will probably make it easier to buy, sell, and trade games on the site, and also open it up to people who haven't used the current trading system, but it also sort of removes the human element to a certain extent, which is something I think had value.

I know that you guys are saying they're going to exist in parallel at least for now, but seeing one of the first things to happen when the Marketplace goes into open beta is the removal of the CML button (our one feaure, if you will :D) kind of makes it feel like people are being shoehorned into the new way of doing things, which at least at present doesn't feel as flexible as the old way.

Just my two cents, which I guess turned into about two dollars. :D

Any chance of us that do very little trading and more buying can set offers for certain titles we want(maybe on our wishlist)? I noticed my wish list titles show up in the market place, but unless the price meets or beats what I want to pay then this could eliminate the step of me having to make my counter-offer to their listed sell price. Just a thought. =]

The missing feedback and notes are being investigated.

[quote name='bvharris']
For example, what if I want to sell or trade something that isn't a game? I know this is a gaming website, but DVDs and Blu-rays are pretty regularly traded in the forums now. Even if we're talking strictly gaming related stuff, I don't yet see a way to list a console, points cards, live cards, or any other gaming related stuff like that (swag, figures, soundtracks, etc). Perhaps these features are in the pipeline, in fact I'd guess they are, but for now it feels kind of limiting.

Additionally, I know this isn't a "feature" per say, but one of the things I really like about the current system is that CAG trading is at least something resembling a community. I think this has a benefit in that you know who's reliable, who's easy to deal with, etc etc. The Marketplace feels kind of impersonal. I'll concede that ultimately that will probably make it easier to buy, sell, and trade games on the site, and also open it up to people who haven't used the current trading system, but it also sort of removes the human element to a certain extent, which is something I think had value.
[/QUOTE]

For those users who prefer manual trading via the forums, there will be a method in which you can leave feedback for each other in the new system.

I get what you are saying about the "impersonal" nature of the Marketplace, but I think you might be missing out on one of it's coolest features.

You may or may not be aware of the "Friend List" feature that is built into the forums. Up until now, it didn't add much, but we were able to make good use of it with the Marketplace. The system will prioritize potential traders by listing your friends and friends of friends first (and display an icon next to their name) and will then go on to sort them by feedback rating.

Love the new marketplace, i think it will help streamline searching for certain products and finding the best deal on CAG.
However, I do wish we still had the CML icon. It makes things easier when manually working on a deal in the forums.

Also, how do we go about adding games into the system? For instance, perhaps I'm just blind, but last night I couldn't find Resident Evil 4(GC) in the marketplace game list.

The CML icon removal is just a temporary thing, mainly for layout reasons. (It made the "Marketplace Feedback: (X)" line wrap, and since I'm making a few postbit changes in the near future I thought I'd try and find somewhere else for it.) It'll be back soon in one way or another.

If you ask me, it should be on something everyone has, like the "Join Date." Having it attached to the feedback meant people with no feedback couldn't have a "CML" button.

[quote name='John']The CML icon removal is just a temporary thing, mainly for layout reasons. (It made the "Marketplace Feedback: (X)" line wrap, and since I'm making a few postbit changes in the near future I thought I'd try and find somewhere else for it.) It'll be back soon in one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

Cheapy didn't answer this earlier, but are there any plans to add Marketplace support for trading things that aren't games? Especially consoles and other gaming related stuff. Maybe there should be a way for us to add custom items to our lists.

[quote name='bvharris']Cheapy didn't answer this earlier, but are there any plans to add Marketplace support for trading things that aren't games? Especially consoles and other gaming related stuff. Maybe there should be a way for us to add custom items to our lists.[/QUOTE]

The tricky thing is that using the current system, everything has to be standardized - that's easy with games, since one copy of a game is pretty much the same as any other except for condition/region (which we have settings for). It gets more complicated with hardware and accessories since there are so many variations - we'd need to populate the database with a lot of obscure items.

That said, we might implement something that lets you list your own custom items, which could include hardware/accessories. The only downside would be the lack of the ability to directly compare prices between people selling the same thing.

[quote name='shrike4242']Is it my imagination, or is feedback not fully sync'd between iTrader and Marketplace?

I checked iTrader, and it shows 544 feedback, 931 total feedback for me. Marketplace shows 544 feedback, 930 total feedback.

saeita (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/itrader.php?u=28577) has 5 feedback in iTrader and 4 feedback in marketplace, something they PM'd me about last night.

Admittedly, I was missing 70 or 80 feedback from last night before the sync, though there's still some data missing and not just for me.[/QUOTE]

Feedback records should now be fully synced, although the totals on the new feedback page are still including multiple ratings from the same person. (Fixing now.)

How do we leave feedback now? I got a trade offer and I can't even see it. It sends me to the address page and now its telling me I can't access the trade. So we just pulled the trade off manually. I don't like this new system.

[quote name='John']Feedback records should now be fully synced, although the totals on the new feedback page are still including multiple ratings from the same person. (Fixing now.)[/QUOTE]If it's fully synced, we've gone backwards for my feedback. saetia's issue I reported appears to be working, as they have 5 feedback, 5 total feedback, as they should.

Before, it was showing 544 feedback, 930 total feedback for me. Currently, it's showing 544 feedback, 925 total feedback for me.

iTrader was still showing 544 feedback, 931 total feedback for me. I can only assume it's still showing as such, though when I go to my iTrader link, I'm sent to the Marketplace feedback page.

[quote name='CheapyD']Currently, it's only open to USA and UK visitors. Canada is next.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I want to start trading so bad though. How long do you think it will be before we see this available here?

How do we even leave feedback now? I had sold and bought things over the last couple days, and everything has changed. I have no idea where to leave feedback since the "Marketplace Feedback" doesn't give me an option to leave any new feedback...

[quote name='Static X']How do we even leave feedback now? I had sold and bought things over the last couple days, and everything has changed. I have no idea where to leave feedback since the "Marketplace Feedback" doesn't give me an option to leave any new feedback...[/QUOTE]

We have a system for submitting custom feedback for trades that didn't go through the trade system, but it's not up yet because we're still having issues with importing the old iTrader data. Once the imported data is solid, you'll be able to leave feedback via a user's feedback page.

bread's done
Back