CAG Marketplace Now in Open Beta, Available to All

[quote name='slickkill77']How do we leave feedback now? I got a trade offer and I can't even see it. It sends me to the address page and now its telling me I can't access the trade. So we just pulled the trade off manually. I don't like this new system.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... I don't see any trades offers going either to or from your account? Unless you're just asking where to leave custom feedback, in which case that area of the site will be back soon (albeit in a different form) as soon as the data import issues are resolved.

Sorry if this is a double post, but:

It seems like I can do only one trade at a time. If I offer a second trade, involving 2 completely different games, it overwrites the first one. Is it supposed to do that?

Also, say I offer a trade. If I go back and look at another potential trade, the game I was offering before will automatically show up on the potential trade's screen with the trade box checked whether that user has it on their wish list or not. Kind of annoying, but is it supposed to do that?

Otherwise, great addition to CAG. Love it so far.

[quote name='piercey']It seems like I can do only one trade at a time. If I offer a second trade, involving 2 completely different games, it overwrites the first one. Is it supposed to do that?[/QUOTE]

The system wants you to trade multiple games at the same time, rather than one-for-one. When you're putting a trade together, use the collection/wishlist browser to add more games to the same trade. (The bit with the + symbol that says "Looking for more? Click here to browse 's collection.")

[quote name='piercey']Also, say I offer a trade. If I go back and look at another potential trade, the game I was offering before will automatically show up on the potential trade's screen with the trade box checked whether that user has it on their wish list or not. Kind of annoying, but is it supposed to do that?[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound right, I'll look into it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Before, it was showing 544 feedback, 930 total feedback for me. Currently, it's showing 544 feedback, 925 total feedback for me.

iTrader was still showing 544 feedback, 931 total feedback for me. I can only assume it's still showing as such, though when I go to my iTrader link, I'm sent to the Marketplace feedback page.[/QUOTE]

All fixed. The old system broke some rules when it came to database table design, which meant some records were being flagged as imported when they hadn't been. All the totals should be correct now.

Is it just me or is this a known issue? The front page is all the way to the right on Firefox browser .. I have to scroll to the far right just in order to see the game marketplace front page. But every other page shows up centered correctly.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Is it just me or is this a known issue? The front page is all the way to the right on Firefox browser .. I have to scroll to the far right just in order to see the game marketplace front page. But every other page shows up centered correctly.[/QUOTE]

Which Firefox version?

This is the pm I got.

Hey slickkill77,

You've received a trade offer from metaphysicalstyles.
To review and respond, click here.

Thanks,
CheapyD and the CAG team

Then when I click on the "click here" it sends me to a page that says:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
  3. Users must be registered for 30 days before being able to leave trade feedback or create threads in the Referral or CAG Trading Forum. You may reply to threads created by other users.

Before it started doing that it would send me to my address input page. Once I put my address in the system took a dump on me. The trade was for GOW collection which I have since taken out of my collection because I already traded it.

[quote name='John']Which Firefox version?[/QUOTE]

Firefox 3.5.7

I know this isn't the latest release but I would like to keep it due to some of my browser add-ons .. they are essential to my day to day business task management.

[quote name='John']The system wants you to trade multiple games at the same time, rather than one-for-one. When you're putting a trade together, use the collection/wishlist browser to add more games to the same trade. (The bit with the + symbol that says "Looking for more? Click here to browse 's collection.")[/quote]

Sorry John, I should have been more specific. I meant with another user.

slickkill77 and piercey - both of your problems were caused by the same bug, it's now been fixed.

[quote name='John']slickkill77 and piercey - both of your problems were caused by the same bug, it's now been fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's gone. Now, I hate to sound like a broken record, but can we offer more than one trade atm? I haven't seen anywhere that says 1 trade only, and I can only do one trade....

[quote name='piercey']Yup, it's gone. Now, I hate to sound like a broken record, but can we offer more than one trade atm? I haven't seen anywhere that says 1 trade only, and I can only do one trade....[/QUOTE]

There's no limit on the number of trades you can do with different people.

If you've sent someone an offer and they haven't accepted it yet, trading something else with the same user will overwrite the previous offer (as you'd expect) - but if they've already accepted it, a new trade offer will be created.

and I can only do one trade....
Is it giving you an error message?

[quote name='John']All fixed. The old system broke some rules when it came to database table design, which meant some records were being flagged as imported when they hadn't been. All the totals should be correct now.[/QUOTE]Totals match what is in iTrader before it went MIA, so I think we're good now.

Completely unrelated:
With the Paypal situation being a bit sticky now with CAG holding the Paypal line on non-gifted Paypal payments and Paypal fees, people are starting to turn to Amazon Payments for their payment needs. Can we get in an addition for Amazon Payments on the Payment Information line on the Options page like is currently listed there for Paypal?

[quote name='xmrblondex']Why is the indicator button orange for good condition? Seems weird to have the same color for good and fair.[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions? I can easily change it.

[quote name='shrike4242']With the Paypal situation being a bit sticky now with CAG holding the Paypal line on non-gifted Paypal payments and Paypal fees, people are starting to turn to Amazon Payments for their payment needs. Can we get in an addition for Amazon Payments on the Payment Information line on the Options page like is currently listed there for Paypal?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I can do that - while I'm at it, are there any other payment options I should add?

[quote name='EnronLackey']Firefox 3.5.7

I know this isn't the latest release but I would like to keep it due to some of my browser add-ons .. they are essential to my day to day business task management.[/QUOTE]

I'm using the same version - try all the usual stuff (clearing cache, etc.), and let me know if you're still having the problem.

[quote name='John']Any suggestions? I can easily change it.
[/QUOTE]

Ditto "As new" and "Sealed" are using the same color, and should have different ones. I might suggest switching to symbols rather than colors, or at least have a legend in addition to the tooltips.

[quote name='John']Any suggestions? I can easily change it.
[/QUOTE]

I'd put white for new, blue for as new, green for good, yellow for fair and red for poor.

how do I leave feedback for trades? It seems the old iTrader page is gone, and now it routes you to the marketplace, and I see no option to submit feedback..

love this new marketplace, has a lot of potential if everyone gets on board. That is freaking sweet how it matches stuff up and recommends stuff from your collection to trade. Sad thing is, I don't want to trade my collection..maybe there should be a toggle to have games in your collection, but not open for trading, evar..edit: but I can understand why its like that. You want us to think about getting rid of something for a split second..think if we see it, we'll contemplate it ;) haha.

[quote name='xmrblondex']I'd put white for new, blue for as new, green for good, yellow for fair and red for poor.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of a similar color scheme.

Sealed - Blue
As New - Green
Good - Orange
Fair - Yellow
Poor - Red

Either one.

EDIT - @ token2k6: I'm pretty sure that there's an option to keep your collection off limits to trading. Check the options menu at the main page, it might be there.

When you view a marketplace game and you click on a user accounts under "Recent Friend Ratings", the link displays as "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u="

Where it says "Marketplace Feedback" near everyone's post on the forums it no longer shows the percentage until you actually click the feedback. Will that be back or has it gone the way of the dodo?

For example:

It shows the amount of feedback as well as the percentage without having to go to the actual page.

[quote name='slickkill77']I'm still getting sent to the same error page from earlier when I try to look at my trade offer.[/QUOTE]

That offer has be overwritten, unfortunately. But it won't happen again.

[quote name='Rozz']Where it says "Marketplace Feedback" near everyone's post on the forums it no longer shows the percentage until you actually click the feedback. Will that be back or has it gone the way of the dodo?[/QUOTE]

It'll be back, along with the CML icon.

[quote name='sasukekun']When you view a marketplace game and you click on a user accounts under "Recent Friend Ratings", the link displays as "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u="[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='token2k6']how do I leave feedback for trades? It seems the old iTrader page is gone, and now it routes you to the marketplace, and I see no option to submit feedback..[/QUOTE]

I need this answered as well... I have several trades that have been going down over the past week or so... now that it is my turn to start leaving feedback and it has changed... I can't figure it out. :lol:

[quote name='piercey']No, it just overrides the trade I already put out there.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely fixed now.

The new marketplace feature looks promising; having John and CheapyD on hand to provide support/feedback is awesome. /$.02

[quote name='Saint Noir']I need this answered as well... I have several trades that have been going down over the past week or so... now that it is my turn to start leaving feedback and it has changed... I can't figure it out. :lol:[/QUOTE]This will be resolved soon. Stay tuned.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Is it just me or is this a known issue? The front page is all the way to the right on Firefox browser .. I have to scroll to the far right just in order to see the game marketplace front page. But every other page shows up centered correctly.[/QUOTE]

Oh fell into a pretty dumb moment .. if you zoom + the site then some of the website pages shift all the way to the right .. damn my blindness .. my bad .. ignore said issue

[quote name='Saint Noir']I need this answered as well... I have several trades that have been going down over the past week or so... now that it is my turn to start leaving feedback and it has changed... I can't figure it out. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Guys read the last page. Its been answered multiple times

[quote name='slickkill77']Guys read the last page. Its been answered multiple times[/QUOTE]

Guy, sorry. I try to keep up, but sometimes it is hard. I didn't see it on the last page, but did catch it on the page before. Thanks, guy.

Hope you're getting paid to do all this snazzy stuff for us, John. Should also get a bonus for reading all our naggy posts. :cool:

It possible to change the icon colors of negative (red) / neutral (yellow/gray) feedback? Kinda like the old system. Making them all green makes me think they are all positive feedbacks.

Um, would it be possible to have some sort of comments or conditions built into the wish list, that way we can specify certain conditions or whatever it is we are looking for particular game(s) and so, with no disrespect to others, there will not be offering items that were not sought.

By the way, can we have the trade list icon and link back under the user name? I know with Marketplace, that can be eliminated, but the trade list thread still serve the purpose of being able to be more specific for items and whatnot. Just my thought anyway.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']By the way, can we have the trade list icon and link back under the user name? I know with Marketplace, that can be eliminated, but the trade list thread still serve the purpose of being able to be more specific for items and whatnot. Just my thought anyway.[/QUOTE]

Already been stated that it'll be back.

Another functionality suggestion:
If I'm filling out the quick trade options pop-up and get to the bottom and decide I want to go advanced, it takes me to the page as suggested but none of the values I entered have carried over (I'd guess because I haven't clicked save and sent them to the db). Is it possible to have the advanced trade options page automatically fill what I'd already entered on the pop-up?

Also, I asked this earlier but I'm not sure it was answered: Is there support in the works for trading non-game items in the Marketplace?

Last edited by a moderator:
One more: I'd add a field for notes to be added on the trade info pop-up, rather than just on the advanced page. I like to put notes in, particular since I have a lot of games in custom cases to sell, and it's somewhat tedious going through to the advanced edit page to add notes each time.

I'll add another suggestion to the pile: any chance we can get the date and time an item is listed? It would be nice for the games that have 20+ copies available so I don't have to guess what I have and have not looked at yet.

[quote name='notwen']Any chance of us that do very little trading and more buying can set offers for certain titles we want(maybe on our wishlist)? I noticed my wish list titles show up in the market place, but unless the price meets or beats what I want to pay then this could eliminate the step of me having to make my counter-offer to their listed sell price. Just a thought. =][/QUOTE]

eh? possibly down the line eventually?

[quote name='sasukekun']It possible to change the icon colors of negative (red) / neutral (yellow/gray) feedback? Kinda like the old system. Making them all green makes me think they are all positive feedbacks.[/QUOTE]

We'll probably do this.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Um, would it be possible to have some sort of comments or conditions built into the wish list, that way we can specify certain conditions or whatever it is we are looking for particular game(s) and so, with no disrespect to others, there will not be offering items that were not sought.[/QUOTE]

What sort of conditions?

[quote name='bvharris']Another functionality suggestion:
If I'm filling out the quick trade options pop-up and get to the bottom and decide I want to go advanced, it takes me to the page as suggested but none of the values I entered have carried over (I'd guess because I haven't clicked save and sent them to the db). Is it possible to have the advanced trade options page automatically fill what I'd already entered on the pop-up?[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='bvharris']One more: I'd add a field for notes to be added on the trade info pop-up, rather than just on the advanced page. I like to put notes in, particular since I have a lot of games in custom cases to sell, and it's somewhat tedious going through to the advanced edit page to add notes each time.[/QUOTE]

If you're adding a game to your collection using the tool on the trade assist page, you'll see there's a more advanced popup window that includes notes/condition settings. We'll probably be changing the rest of the site to use that version everywhere shortly.

[quote name='piercey']I'll add another suggestion to the pile: any chance we can get the date and time an item is listed? It would be nice for the games that have 20+ copies available so I don't have to guess what I have and have not looked at yet.[/QUOTE]

Where, on the trade summary page? (i.e. when you receive a trade.)

[quote name='John']
If you're adding a game to your collection using the tool on the trade assist page, you'll see there's a more advanced popup window that includes notes/condition settings. We'll probably be changing the rest of the site to use that version everywhere shortly.
[/QUOTE]

Cool, that would be nice for people who've already been using the CAG Collection tool (like me) and want to just browse through the collection and add trade list items from there.

Is there a way/can we add the feature:
I'd like to browse people that have a certain game on their wish list, and then check their list for possible trades from there.
Ex:I have MW2. I'd like to see who wants it, and check their lists.

Is that available and I'm missing it? Or can this feature be added?

[quote name='myl0r']Is there a way/can we add the feature:
I'd like to browse people that have a certain game on their wish list, and then check their list for possible trades from there.
Ex:I have MW2. I'd like to see who wants it, and check their lists.

Is that available and I'm missing it? Or can this feature be added?[/QUOTE]

The reverse of this should also be implemented. For example, if I see MW2 on myl0r's trade list and I want to trade for it and not buy it, currently it looks to me like I'd have to have something on his wish list to propose a trade. There should be some sort of "CML" button so I can tell him I'm interested in trading for his item but don't have an offer, and inviting him to check my collection (and maybe find something he didn't know he wanted).

Non-marketplace feedback is up - click "Add Feedback" when viewing someone's profile to use it.

[quote name='Yamato']I was thinking of a similar color scheme.

Sealed - Blue
As New - Green
Good - Orange
Fair - Yellow
Poor - Red

Either one.

[/QUOTE]

Hate to be a bother, was just wondering if anyone else wanted the colors switched. As long as all of the colors are different, I'm fine with it.

EDIT - HAHA! The icon for leaving someone a negative is a middle finger!

[quote name='Yamato']Hate to be a bother, was just wondering if anyone else wanted the colors switched. As long as all of the colors are different, I'm fine with it.

EDIT - HAHA! The icon for leaving someone a negative is a middle finger![/QUOTE]

I definitely agree, it's confusing now. Same thing to a lesser extent for the feedback icons which are all green (I realize it's a filter indicator, but I still think it would be clearer with different colors).

I'm really looking forward to using this, unfortunately the UK trading is basically dead, there's barely any games.

[quote name='John']Where, on the trade summary page? (i.e. when you receive a trade.)[/QUOTE]

No, on the actual page of the game. For an example, Borderlands for the 360 has currently 23 copies on the marketplace. It would be nice if those had upload times attached to them, so people interested in Borderlands know what is new and what is old.

bread's done
Back