CAG Marketplace Now in Open Beta, Available to All

[quote name='joshingit']Is it possible to add items to the tradelist and not show up in the user collection as well?[/QUOTE]Why would you want to do this? How can you sell or trade something if you don't have it?

[quote name='Hostile']I still prefer the tradelist topics but the CAG Marketplace needs to copy more things from GameTZ.[/QUOTE]Care to be more specific?

Why are so many people using the "buy" option and listing a price if they are not willing to sell and only want to trade? It makes absolutely no sense. If you don't want to sell it why not just list it as "trade only" and not set a price?

[quote name='CheapyD']Care to be more specific?[/QUOTE]

- I would like to be able to make a trade offer without owning a game on a person's wishlist. EX: johnsonnguyen3 has White Knight Chronicles for trade. He asks for MAG which is on his wishlist or recent PS3 games (none of which are listed). I wanted to offer him Darksiders but couldn't.
- I made an offer to someone that accepted the trade. It would be cool if there was a pending state (like GameTZ) before a trade gets accepted because I forgot to ask what payment methods he took and it would be nice to have time to ask who ships or pays first or if it should be both sent immediately, if delivery confirmation for both, etc. It would also prevent an offer I made weeks to be cancel-able.
- The ability to put items on your tradelist that isn't games. EX: Xbox 360 subscription cards, PSN cash cards
- I would like to be able to see the feedback I left others.

I think I remember you saying extending the inbox from 150 messages to whatever was as easy a pressing a button. Is there a reason it has stayed at 150?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few questions I had that might be answered already, don't have a lot of time now so I'll skim through it later if these questions aren't answered by the time I have more time to read all the posts.

When exactly is the address information given out? Who can view the stored address information? Is there an option to hide the information in instances when I am purchasing a digital code or some other thing that does not require mail to be sent to me? What about an option to not list an address at all, since paypal gives it out when I pay with that.

Is there an option to hide/block all trades from certain areas, such as Canada or Alaska/Hawaii? I know it sorts by region but I am unsure if I can sort/block it further.

I see others have asked this, so I'll just add that I'd like to see accessories/systems and stuff like points cards added to the stuff we can put up for trade on the marketplace.

Does it show the country of origin before we accept a trade? (goes along with my initial line of questioning, since I would rather not deal with Canadian Cags, sorry!)

As for some feedback, I really like how easy it is to add and maintain my trade/want list, and how easy it is to see who has the things I am looking for.

[quote name='Hostile']- I would like to be able to make a trade offer without owning a game on a person's wishlist. EX: johnsonnguyen3 has White Knight Chronicles for trade. He asks for MAG which is on his wishlist or recent PS3 games (none of which are listed). I wanted to offer him Darksiders but couldn't.[/QUOTE]

I think a better way to handle it would be to have a system in place to solicit offers from other users - that's something we can add very quickly. So, with your example, you'd be able to ping the other user to make an offer where he's able to browse your collection regardless of the games he has in his wishlist. (This is a feature that will be up soon, along with improvements to the chat system.)

[quote name='Hostile']- I made an offer to someone that accepted the trade. It would be cool if there was a pending state (like GameTZ) before a trade gets accepted because I forgot to ask what payment methods he took and it would be nice to have time to ask who ships or pays first or if it should be both sent immediately, if delivery confirmation for both, etc. It would also prevent an offer I made weeks to be cancel-able.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at, once you make a trade offer it does enter a pending state - during which time you're still able to view a summary of the trade, as well as chat directly with the other user. Also, when you're making the trade it tells you who is expected to post items first - unless arranged otherwise in chat.

[quote name='Hostile']- The ability to put items on your tradelist that isn't games. EX: Xbox 360 subscription cards, PSN cash cards
- I would like to be able to see the feedback I left others.[/QUOTE]

These items are covered in earlier posts - both features are incoming.

[quote name='Hostile']I think I remember you saying extending the inbox from 150 messages to whatever was as easy a pressing a button. Is there a reason it has stayed at 150?[/QUOTE]

I doubt the PM limits will be changing any time soon, but there are changes incoming to the chat system to solve a few problems:
- There'll be a page where you can see all trade activity, including unread chat messages, short messages from other users about potential trades - like a trading message wall.
- Global site notification on incoming trade messages/activity.
- Optional email notification for trading activity.

It should alleviate any issues related to full PM inboxes.

Another snag I just ran into, apparently I can't even view offers until I add my address to the database, which I'd rather not do.

[quote name='Ryukahn']When exactly is the address information given out? Who can view the stored address information? Is there an option to hide the information in instances when I am purchasing a digital code or some other thing that does not require mail to be sent to me? What about an option to not list an address at all, since paypal gives it out when I pay with that.[/QUOTE]

Address information is shared when:
- both parties have agreed to a trade
- the user needs to send a physical item

The system doesn't yet know the difference between DLC trades and physical games, so it'll show your address to the other user. As a temporary workaround, you could always create a fake address to use for trades where you don't want the other user to know where you are.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Is there an option to hide/block all trades from certain areas, such as Canada or Alaska/Hawaii? I know it sorts by region but I am unsure if I can sort/block it further.[/QUOTE]

Not at the moment. I'll ask Cheapy to see if he wants this added.

[quote name='John']Address information is shared when:
- both parties have agreed to a trade
- the user needs to send a physical item

The system doesn't yet know the difference between DLC trades and physical games, so it'll show your address to the other user. As a temporary workaround, you could always create a fake address to use for trades where you don't want the other user to know where you are.

Not at the moment. I'll ask Cheapy to see if he wants this added.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll just put in some bogus addy for now.

A browse option would be nice. (Maybe this is already in and I haven't figured it out yet)

Like select a platform and browse games that are available for sale/trade with a price range variable or something. CAG window shopping!

[quote name='TLPRIME']A browse option would be nice. (Maybe this is already in and I haven't figured it out yet)

Like select a platform and browse games that are available for sale/trade with a price range variable or something. CAG window shopping![/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=browsegames

I think that's what you're looking for. It's under "Games & Collections" then "Browse Games"

There's also this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/trade.php

Which gives you a small overview of what's most available/wanted.

[quote name='John']I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at, once you make a trade offer it does enter a pending state - during which time you're still able to view a summary of the trade, as well as chat directly with the other user. Also, when you're making the trade it tells you who is expected to post items first - unless arranged otherwise in chat.[/QUOTE]

It was a sale (or rather a purchase by me). GameTZ has it where you send an offer and both users after that have to come to terms and accept the deal again. I guess it works better with their format though.

I apologize if I repeated something that has already been answered. I was just sounding off. I'm glad to see an update for the PM system is incoming. Keep up the good work.

This does not particularly pertain to CAG Marketplace and I don't know if this has ever been discussed but could the search bar not disappear if I open a new tab for what I clicked on? EX: I search for 'X' in the forums and *right click > open new tab* but I need to keep typing in the same thing to open multiple pages through the search bar.

[quote name='sasukekun']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=browsegames

I think that's what you're looking for. It's under "Games & Collections" then "Browse Games"

[/QUOTE]

That helps a bunch, thank you.

It's on the right track, but isn't really integrated with the marketplace (that I can tell). What I'm talking about is basically a browsable version of the marketplace home page. Example: Say I want to see what PS3 games CAGs are offering for sale at $15 or less. Input that info into search variables and get a list of games that are available in the CAG Marketplace right now under that criteria.

A minor nitpick: The word "The" isn't being omitted when alphabetizing game titles on the Collection, Wish List, and Trade List pages. For example, in my collection, The Guardian Legend is sorted between Super Mario Land and Thunder Blade when it should be between Duck Hunt and Haven: Call of the King.

[quote name='Jack']A minor nitpick: The word "The" isn't being omitted when alphabetizing game titles on the Collection, Wish List, and Trade List pages. For example, in my collection, The Guardian Legend is sorted between Super Mario Land and Thunder Blade when it should be between Duck Hunt and Haven: Call of the King.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that this would be helpful fixed.

[quote name='Hostile']This does not particularly pertain to CAG Marketplace and I don't know if this has ever been discussed but could the search bar not disappear if I open a new tab for what I clicked on? EX: I search for 'X' in the forums and *right click > open new tab* but I need to keep typing in the same thing to open multiple pages through the search bar.[/QUOTE]

Hit enter after you've typed in your search terms, and you'll be taken to a standalone search page - it makes it easier to open multiple tabs.

[quote name='TLPRIME']That helps a bunch, thank you.

It's on the right track, but isn't really integrated with the marketplace (that I can tell). What I'm talking about is basically a browsable version of the marketplace home page. Example: Say I want to see what PS3 games CAGs are offering for sale at $15 or less. Input that info into search variables and get a list of games that are available in the CAG Marketplace right now under that criteria.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a fabulous idea, and something that should definitely be implemented.

I've also been thinking that prices should not be assumed to include shipping, but rather it should be a selection you make when you're filling out the sales price. Though it's fine for people to quote shipped prices, a lot of CAG users like to charge exact shipping, and this option should be worked in somehow, though it's obviously fairly low down the totem pole in terms of needs.

[quote name='bvharris']I think this is a fabulous idea, and something that should definitely be implemented.

I've also been thinking that prices should not be assumed to include shipping, but rather it should be a selection you make when you're filling out the sales price. Though it's fine for people to quote shipped prices, a lot of CAG users like to charge exact shipping, and this option should be worked in somehow, though it's obviously fairly low down the totem pole in terms of needs.[/QUOTE]

That would open up a whole can of worms where you are browsing the marketplace, see a game you want, begin clicking through the choices to say you want it, only to find out that the shipping cost being charged by the CAG member is something like $14.95

[quote name='Ryukahn']That would open up a whole can of worms where you are browsing the marketplace, see a game you want, begin clicking through the choices to say you want it, only to find out that the shipping cost being charged by the CAG member is something like $14.95[/QUOTE]

Well obviously the way I'm imagining it there would be some sort of flag on the game listing where it says if the price is shipped or not.

[quote name='bvharris']Well obviously the way I'm imagining it there would be some sort of flag on the game listing where it says if the price is shipped or not.[/QUOTE]

I suppose it could just be added on the same page where the price was listed. I just hate when I see people saying X game costs Y price, and then they have some fine print saying X game could actually cost a total of Z if such and such occurs or whatever.

On a side note, I noticed that the info given for matches seems to be incorrect. One of my matches lists a game being sold for X by a user, but when I click the game's page and see all of the available copies, the user is actually charging Y, and the X value is the lowest value listed, but it is not from the user the match tells me it is.

I don't know if it's been answered in this thread or not, but why does it seem like there's 2 kinds of feedback now.

I went to check if the one person I dealt with recently had left me feedback for our deal yet and I found that it listed the feedback he left as 'non marketplace feedback'.

The same happened when I left feedback for him.

I'm assuming everything is going to be merged once the marketplace is out of beta, right? Otherwise, this may get confusing.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know if it's been answered in this thread or not, but why does it seem like there's 2 kinds of feedback now.

I went to check if the one person I dealt with recently had left me feedback for our deal yet and I found that it listed the feedback he left as 'non marketplace feedback'.

I'm assuming everything is going to be merged once the marketplace is out of beta, right? Otherwise, this may get confusing.[/QUOTE]

How would it be confusing? There's two available feedback methods now, one's from the CAG Marketplace and the other is not. I hope they don't get rid of non-Marketplace feedback because that would mean the complete end of the trading forum.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know if it's been answered in this thread or not, but why does it seem like there's 2 kinds of feedback now.

I'm assuming everything is going to be merged once the marketplace is out of beta, right? Otherwise, this may get confusing.[/QUOTE]

Feedback is feedback, it doesn't matter if it comes through the marketplace or not. It all goes towards the same total.

One thing I noticed is that we don't have email notifications when feedback is left. Something we had in iTrader and don't have with Marketplace.

In addition to the lack of notifications of feedback, how soon are we actually allowed to post feedback for a transaction? Ideally as a seller I want to leave feedback as soon as the buyer paid but it seems that I was unable to until he had confirmed that it was received.

Also, when do trades go away? The messages show that payment has been sent/received and the item has been sent/received but still shows as "1 Outstanding Trade".

Strange, I have 0 percent feedback on my profile, but when you click, it says I have 100% as it should. Glitch maybe? Haven't kept up with this thread.

[quote name='Ryukahn']On a side note, I noticed that the info given for matches seems to be incorrect. One of my matches lists a game being sold for X by a user, but when I click the game's page and see all of the available copies, the user is actually charging Y, and the X value is the lowest value listed, but it is not from the user the match tells me it is.[/QUOTE]

Quoting this since it was not answered or commented on.

[quote name='Ryukahn']On a side note, I noticed that the info given for matches seems to be incorrect. One of my matches lists a game being sold for X by a user, but when I click the game's page and see all of the available copies, the user is actually charging Y, and the X value is the lowest value listed, but it is not from the user the match tells me it is.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up...its now on the list.

Can we get a different color or icon (maybe a green box with a check mark or gold star) for something that is sealed? I'm noticing 'as new' items having the same color as my sealed copies.

I like the green box with gold star idea for sealed games. Might be hard to make it fit in that little box though.

Some stats so far:
280,000+ games listed in CAG collections
9500+ are available for sale/trade in the CAG Marketplace
322 trade offers in the system

Also, John and I have come up with some ideas for contest that make use of the CAG Wishlist system...stay tuned!

Just want to give some feedback on 2 trades I did. So far everything went fine, as I shipped out the games today. The stage of the trade is clearly defined, and I was notified quickly enough.

I also like how when I click on an item I want, it takes me to a page telling me if the user has other items I want that are in their collection but not listed for trades (allowing you to maybe work out a larger trade), plus telling you if you have any of the other person's wants, further helping to facilitate a trade. Great job so far as I really like it.

[quote name='CheapyD']I like the green box with gold star idea for sealed games. Might be hard to make it fit in that little box though.

Some stats so far:
280,000+ games listed in CAG collections
9500+ are available for sale/trade in the CAG Marketplace
322 trade offers in the system

Also, John and I have come up with some ideas for contest that make use of the CAG Wishlist system...stay tuned![/QUOTE]

I've suggested a new color scheme for each condition TWICE and no one has said a word about it being changed.

I'm aware that it is being discussed now, but why complicate the matter by adding a symbol? Just assign a color to each condition. Something like Best to Worst = White, Blue, Green, Orange, Red.

Didn't mean to come off as rude, if I did.

Also, bvharris has suggested changing the feedback colors as well, as opposed to all of them being green. EX: Green, Orange, Red.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Alex2290']Sorry to bother you with this, but I did not know who to contact. I need someone to cancel this trade: LINK. The seller does not respond to questions and I think he just accepted the trade with no real interest in it.[/QUOTE]Sorry, I can't help you. I click on that link and I don't see your trade.

Please post in the thread in the News forum and have John delete it.[/QUOTE]

Please and thank you.

What's up with all the users with ZERO feedback? Is it possible that these are users who are planning to scam? I honestly think there are more users without any feedback using the Marketplace than users with feedback.

Just seems a bit fishy...

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']What's up with all the users with ZERO feedback? Is it possible that these are users who are planning to scam? I honestly think there are more users without any feedback using the Marketplace than users with feedback.

Just seems a bit fishy...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the majority of the games I have on my list that have matches are people with 0 feedback. TBH maybe they are just bugged like some of the people in this thread, I didn't really look to see what was up with them or when they joined.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Yeah, the majority of the games I have on my list that have matches are people with 0 feedback. TBH maybe they are just bugged like some of the people in this thread, I didn't really look to see what was up with them or when they joined.[/QUOTE]

I did a check, apparently there were 254 affected users (and they've all been fixed). But there's a chance that there's a bug elsewhere causing the problem, so let me know if you spot any other users with inaccurate feedback percentages.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']What's up with all the users with ZERO feedback? Is it possible that these are users who are planning to scam? I honestly think there are more users without any feedback using the Marketplace than users with feedback.

Just seems a bit fishy...[/QUOTE]

You have 4 feedback which is not much better than 0. Don't you dare imply that I am here to scam...

----

Thanks John :)

Just seems a bit fishy...[/QUOTE]That's more than a little paranoid to assume that all zero feedback users are scammers.

Everyone starts out at zero, honest users and otherwise.

With so many new users or first-time traders trying to move their stuff, maybe a system similar to GameTZ' star system should be implemented. That or a mandatory FAQ that specifically tells you two people with '0' feedback should not trade or it's entirely at their own risk.

Here's my recent search results for most available PS3 titles... notice all of the zero feedback traders. I'm not suggesting that they are "scammers" btw. Just intrigued by the sheer number of users who have never traded yet are attempting to trade in the marketplace. Oh... and just to cover my "you know what", I understand that everyone has to start somewhere. Yes... I only have 4 feedback, but I've swung some pretty decent trades in order to establish a positive reputation.

Anywho, here's those search results I had mentioned.

ps3.gif
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

$17.00 from kungvu (0)
ps3.gif
Killzone 2 $25.00 from theChill (0)
ps3.gif
inFAMOUS $26.00 from horriblehager (7)
ps3.gif
Resistance 2 $20.00 from tommyjaix (0)
ps3.gif
Valkyria Chronicles $20.00 from Tony208 (12)
ps3.gif
Resistance: Fall of Man $10.00 from Freiteez (0)
ps3.gif
Warhawk $10.00 from Samurai Squirells (0)
ps3.gif
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune $20.00 from kurrptsenate (48)
ps3.gif
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves $40.00 from kungvu (0)
ps3.gif
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $15.00 from pugs1208 (0)
ps3.gif
Dead Space $15.00 from 1HiTekTexan (6)
ps3.gif
God of War: Collection $20.00 from Freiteez (0)
ps3.gif
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation $10.00 from 1HiTekTexan (6)
ps3.gif
Fallout 3 $15.00 from bigdaddyjug (0)
ps3.gif
Grand Theft Auto IV $13.00 from DarkSageRK (18)
ps3.gif
Heavenly Sword $35.00 from werc22 (0)
ps3.gif
Resident Evil 5 $20.00 from rmb (136)
ps3.gif
MotorStorm $10.00 from Layziebones (23)
ps3.gif
Folklore $15.00 from ijustw1n (0)
ps3.gif
Demon's Souls $40.00 from Doctor Spakles (0)
ps3.gif
Assassin's Creed $14.99 from foamking (0)
ps3.gif
Burnout Paradise $15.00 from gustavo (0)
ps3.gif
Street Fighter IV $15.00 from cartoondream (1)
ps3.gif
Batman: Arkham Asylum $35.00 from brettvb (0)
ps3.gif
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $40.00 from frhsirish (0)
ps3.gif
Assassin's Creed II $39.00 from Aenzo (5)
ps3.gif
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $30.00 from fatcat4009 (0)
ps3.gif
The Eye of Judgment $8.00 from flatliner718 (7)
ps3.gif
Call of Duty: World at War $28.00 from jinxpalm (0)
ps3.gif
Dragon Age: Origins $30.00 from tommyjaix (0)

Plenty of little bug fixes are up, and in-trade price suggestions and price browsing will be up shortly.

Not sure if this was mentioned before or is already implemented since it was in iTrader.

Is there a way to indicate in the trade if they were a buyer/seller/cross-trade?

This might be a pie in the sky sort of suggestion, but it would be really cool if the trade page could have some sort of tracking widget where the parties could enter in DC/Tracking numbers from USPS,UPS etc and it tracks right on the page. I'm not sure something like that exists, or whether it would be easy to implement, but I know it would be very cool.

[quote name='bvharris']This might be a pie in the sky sort of suggestion, but it would be really cool if the trade page could have some sort of tracking widget where the parties could enter in DC/Tracking numbers from USPS,UPS etc and it tracks right on the page. I'm not sure something like that exists, or whether it would be easy to implement, but I know it would be very cool.[/QUOTE]

That's a really great idea if it could be implemented.

bread's done
Back