CAG Marketplace Now in Open Beta, Available to All

Bug?

I just added a game to the database (Bubble Bobble Neo! for Xbox 360), I was redirected to the page once it was added, then I tried to rate it and I was told that I was not logged in when I clearly was. After refreshing the page, I was able to rate it.

I have a small problem. I had a trade come through the marketplace. It's finished now, it has been for a few weeks. However it still says I haven't sent the game and I can't even click any option that I sent it. In fact it doesn't show I have the game to send. We both already exchanged feedback etc.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I have a small problem. I had a trade come through the marketplace. It's finished now, it has been for a few weeks. However it still says I haven't sent the game and I can't even click any option that I sent it. In fact it doesn't show I have the game to send. We both already exchanged feedback etc.[/QUOTE]

Which browser are you using?

Marketplace changes are still incoming, got distracted by our new iTunes app store price checking stuff.

[quote name='John']Which browser are you using?[/QUOTE]

Firefox. The game isn't in my trade-list anymore or my collection. It's possible I accidentally removed it thinking I had to to prevent another trade?

I've noticed a bug that hopefully is not a repeat post:

On the main marketplace page where it lists matches for your wishlist, one of my matches says "[username] - $20" as the cheapest price on the marketplace, but when you click onto the game description page the username mentioned does not have the game for sale, he is simply at the top of the list of copies for trade. Another user farther down the list has the cheapest for sale value (the aforementioned $20), so I would assume it's matching the cheapest price with the first name on the list erroneously.

Love the new marketplace, keep up the excellent work!

This has probably been suggested several times but I don't have the patience to read the whole 16 page thread so I'm throwing it out there.

On a person's feedback page, for negative feedback maybe make the icon a red thumbs down instead of the current green thumbs down. This will help it stand out.

Hey,

I have been using the market a decent amount the past week, i haven't initiated in any trades but these suggestions could help with that.

For the first suggestion or feature request, can you please make it so that when someone posts a comment within an open trade, that it notifies the other partie(s) by e-mail that a comment has been made. because if i am trying to exchange information with a seller/buyer i am solely relying on them to constantly check the comments section of that current trade.

second suggestion, im not sure if this has been implemented or if im overseeing this feature. But can you implement the date that someone posted their game as available in their trade/willing to sell. i have tried to enter into a few trades, and 2 of them were declined because someone had an outdated collection. I know that this is somewhat hard to avoid and strictly depends on the users input. But i think having access to such info might be helpful in the longrun.

third suggestion, pretty easy implementation, when in the marketplace, there are tabs at the top that say Wishlist, Tradelist, Collection, Trades, Addresses, Options. Can you please integrate Trades and Options in the drop down of Marketplace at the top of the site, when im trying to check trades, i have to click marketplace, then click trades, then click the person im trading with. Just seems like something easy and simple to implement that would help out a lot.

Thanks! :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on sending a PM to our inbox whenever we are left feedback, so we can return the favor? I'm having to constantly hassle other users to leave feedback to prevent me from missing any deserved feedback before I forget about the transaction. I would think this should be easily implemented, any info/update would be appreciated. =]

OK, I have a problem. I'm trying to trade someone from Hungary, but we can't figure out how to do this. We have the games set up in wishlist and tradelist, and it's clearly there when we look at eachothers lists, but when we go to do the trade the other person's game is not listed in the trade page. I thought it was because the regions were different, so we both set our regions to "combined" but this did not work.

Please advise, thank you!!!

I'm trying to trade with: Rolle

OK, well we already did a trade for his XBLA game(1200pts=$15) for my Steam game code($15+) and we were just looking to make it "official" on CAG.. Again we tried both set to US region, both set to Combined, One set to US and one Combined...

I had a trade completed but I remove the game from my collection. Now I can't mark it as "sent" and we can't leave feed back for each other. Any suggestion?

EDIT: I just start the trade from the start. Hopefully this works.

I'm receiving messages via email when an offer is proposed to me. I do not receive email updates when my counter offer is declined and/or a comment is left regarding the trade. I would prefer to be updated via email when the status of the trade changes. Have I not set something up to allow this or is there something else going on? Thanks.

Update: Payment received and no notification either. Also the 'minimum feedback threshold' feature appears to not be functioning. I have my threshold set to 5 and have received offers from CAGs with less feedback than this. Another minor thing, the "last updated" column on "your trades" page is an hour off from the actual last update.

[quote name='Alex2290']OK, well we already did a trade for his XBLA game(1200pts=$15) for my Steam game code($15+) and we were just looking to make it "official" on CAG.. Again we tried both set to US region, both set to Combined, One set to US and one Combined...[/QUOTE]

bump?

[quote name='FluxDF']I'm receiving messages via email when an offer is proposed to me. I do not receive email updates when my counter offer is declined and/or a comment is left regarding the trade. I would prefer to be updated via email when the status of the trade changes. Have I not set something up to allow this or is there something else going on? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+1

+2

+3

Very important. I am finding that many of the people initiating trade requests to me do not realize I've responded with a counter question....

Can be kind of frustrating to have to PM them after I update the trade thread.

When you search for a game it gives you everyone that has that game for trade or sale. Which is great.

But, if I want to see their trade list I have trouble finding an easy way to it. Could you include their CML icon in the Marketplace? Or at least a link to their wishlist next to their name?

Would help me know what they wanted faster to see if a deal was possible.

I left feedback for the first time after the new marketplace system started. I can't seem to find how to edit old notes for previous feedback/trades or even the one I just did.

The detailed notes is the section only you and mods can view. I have some info there in case I have to check something later on.

Two things:

I was looking at who had Brutal Legend for the xbox and clicked on tink to see what he wanted. It says he has both Brutal Legend and Borderlands. When I went to Borderlands and tink's tradelist, he does not show up as having Borderlands. Same thing happened with samradar072. Glitch in the system?

Is there any way to temporarily inactivate people who have games available in the marketplace if they have not logged into CAG after a certain period of time, or add something to the trade window to show when the users last login was? I initiated a trade with someone last week and have now noticed that he has not even logged into the site in the in more than a month. I probably would not have asked for the trade if I had realized this. I would think the longer this feature is available, this might become more of an issue with people making lists and then abandoning them without ever deleting the games.

Thanks

[quote name='biscuit']add something to the trade window to show when the users last login was?[/QUOTE]

This is a good idea. Something to indicate inactivity would be helpful when choosing a trade.

[quote name='FluxDF']Is there a way to remove cancelled trades from your trade list? I just don't like seeing them on there.[/QUOTE]

Also, declined offers.

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']Can you please integrate Trades and Options in the drop down of Marketplace at the top of the site, when im trying to check trades, i have to click marketplace, then click trades, then click the person im trading with. Just seems like something easy and simple to implement that would help out a lot.[/QUOTE]

I second this.

[quote name='notwen']Any news on tagging notification PMs on feedback/marketplace trade updates?[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely all for this, especially feedback notification.

I've had a great deal of success with the Marketplace, but ever ytime I sell a game I've had to hunt the person down to remind them to mark the item as received and leave feedback. This should definitely be automated.

What is the correct way to leave feedback for a marketplace transaction? I didn't see a "leave feedback" link on the trade page so I just went to the persons profile page and left feedback, but it's marked "non-markeplace" feedback at that point.

[quote name='FluxDF']What is the correct way to leave feedback for a marketplace transaction? I didn't see a "leave feedback" link on the trade page so I just went to the persons profile page and left feedback, but it's marked "non-markeplace" feedback at that point.[/QUOTE]

Once all items in the trade are marked as sent AND received by both parties the feedback fields will appear.

Hope that helps. :D

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']. Can you please integrate Trades and Options in the drop down of Marketplace at the top of the site[/QUOTE]
I took care of the easy suggestion. I'm sure the others will be addressed soon. Thanks!

[quote name='bvharris']Once all items in the trade are marked as sent AND received by both parties the feedback fields will appear.[/QUOTE]

I had suspected this was the case. Thanks.

This image:
Screenshot2010-03-09at41344PM.png
means there is one CAG that has this particular game for trade that ALSO has a game from my list on their wishlist?

Is it possible to integrate this icon to the list of CAGs on the game page also? That way if there is only one person with a possible trade we won't have to click through each name, we can easily identify the possible trade and click right to it.

My reasoning is I currently click "matches" from the "marketplace" link at the top of the site. There is an icon for available trades/sells per game. I click a game and am taken to the game page which lists everyone that has the game available, be there one or twenty. There is no indicator to show the possible trade. The sellers are easily identifiable because their prices are listed. As it stands I have to click through each name to find the CAG that wants a game i have on offer to consider the trade.

Or I'm doing it wrong. :whistle2:k

I am trying to use the CAG marketplace. But has the country hardcoded to USA. I live in Canada? Is there a way to change this? Or is it a bug?
~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I am trying to use the CAG marketplace. But has the country hardcoded to USA. I live in Canada? Is there a way to change this? Or is it a bug?
~S[/QUOTE]

It only supports US and UK users at the moment.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Is that a technical or legal issue?[/QUOTE]

A technical issue, but that's not to say it isn't possible. As it is now, if I added a Canada region it would automatically hide US results in the price tracker.

You'll only see active trades in "your trades" by default now, you can switch it to archived mode to see everything.

How can I update the requesting prices when I'm sending a counter offer? When I click the "suggest a price" portion it goes blank and I am not allowed to enter a new price.

I don't know how to put this w/o sounding like an iTrader high score 'whore' but ever since the implementation of CAG Marketplace and the stopping of automated PMs when feedback is left, it seems I am less apt to receive proper feedback from completed trades. When I stumbled into the trade forum in August 09, I said to myself (primarily after seeing Shrikes number of over 500!!) I wanted to make it a goal to have 50 by the end of the year, which I did, no problem. Now, it seems I've got feedback from 3 out of 10 trades I've done this year.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid, or if I did something to offend those who I traded with (which cannot be possible!) but I'll admit that seeing your little number go up is fun and gives you some sort of self gratification, like you're helping out the community..Not getting feedback (even if you've traded w/ that person before and it doesn't really boost your number) is like a big let down, makes you wonder why you did it in the first place. The last thing I want to do is bother all those people w/ PMs reminding them to leave feedback.

I guess I also have to understand there might be a subset of people who don't care about feedback either way, thus is why they do not do it.

If this feature is dead and gone, fine, I can live with that; but I think it is a vital and fundamental process in order to keep trading strong and the spirit of the site alive. Maybe even a better feature could be put in its place??

Thanks!

Notification of all activity concerning a trade needs to be present. (Offer received, counter offer, message left on trade page, etc) I have a trade in the works currently where I left a message on the trade page because the counter offer feature is not functioning properly which I had to resort to PM after several days of inactivity. The recipient didn't know anything had been updated because (s)he didn't check the trade page as religiously as I had.

These notifications will be added soon. Thanks!

[quote name='prophetizer']adding games to wishlist and collection doesn't work in google Chrome. anyone have any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]It's working for me on the Mac version (5.0.3).

[quote name='token2k6']I don't know how to put this w/o sounding like an iTrader high score 'whore' but ever since the implementation of CAG Marketplace and the stopping of automated PMs when feedback is left, it seems I am less apt to receive proper feedback from completed trades. When I stumbled into the trade forum in August 09, I said to myself (primarily after seeing Shrikes number of over 500!!) I wanted to make it a goal to have 50 by the end of the year, which I did, no problem. Now, it seems I've got feedback from 3 out of 10 trades I've done this year.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid, or if I did something to offend those who I traded with (which cannot be possible!) but I'll admit that seeing your little number go up is fun and gives you some sort of self gratification, like you're helping out the community..Not getting feedback (even if you've traded w/ that person before and it doesn't really boost your number) is like a big let down, makes you wonder why you did it in the first place. The last thing I want to do is bother all those people w/ PMs reminding them to leave feedback.

I guess I also have to understand there might be a subset of people who don't care about feedback either way, thus is why they do not do it.

If this feature is dead and gone, fine, I can live with that; but I think it is a vital and fundamental process in order to keep trading strong and the spirit of the site alive. Maybe even a better feature could be put in its place??

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm tired of having to hunt new Marketplace traders down for feedback, it's really annoying and it seems to happen every time. Glad to hear notification is coming soon.

Thanks John! I know I am notorious about forgetting to leave feedback, so hopefully this will help me remember.

Also, I'd like to see a revision on searching for proper trades. Here is what I'm thinking.
When I click on....Assassin's Creed 2(example) I have a list of people trading the game, friends first, then decreasing by iTrader amount.

Is there anyway it could be changed to where it lists friends first, then people who have items in their want list that I have? I find that I click a lot of names to find out they have 5 items I want, but I have nothing they want, so it is a waste of time.

[quote name='John']Feedback notification has been added.[/QUOTE]

If you have time could you explain how it works? Will it also PM you to remind you when you need to close out a trade? Because that's where most of the hold-up has been for me: I send the item but the buyer never marks it as received so I can't even leave feedback. Any chance there can be notifications for this? Maybe even the option for sellers to mark an item as received when their tracking shows that it is so the buyer gets an official CAG PM telling them to leave feedback (which they're less likely to ignore).

Sorry if this is mentioned before, but I keep getting the following screen/messages when trying to add address.

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
3. Users must be registered for 30 days before being able to leave trade feedback or create threads in the Referral or CAG Trading Forum. You may reply to threads created by other users.

Log Out - Home

Address did get added, but the screen fooled me thinking that it was not added.

is it possible to get it set up to where we can trade microsoft/wii points and psn money in the marketplace? could i just add it to the database like any other game? or some other way? or is this something you dont want in the marketplace?

bread's done
Back