CAG Marketplace Now in Open Beta, Available to All

[quote name='John']Feedback notification has been added.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Does this notification update also cover trade progress updates? =]

Love the new site feature, great job folks!

A bit of feedback: I would love the option to get email notifications for new trade messages (especially if I'm not at the page at the time the message is posted).

The ability to see a list of traders that are both offering games on my wish list and whose wish list contains games that I am trading.

Keep up the great work guys, thanks!

I'm pretty sure that was part of the Need for Speed Shift contest that was running on Friday. Piece hidden on CAG and on the NFS Blog if I remember correctly.

[quote name='jp0213']I'm pretty sure that was part of the Need for Speed Shift contest that was running on Friday. Piece hidden on CAG and on the NFS Blog if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense then. I wasn't aware of the contest.

Maybe it's just me, but I've been trying to purchase games from others on the marketplace and noone is responding to me. I've bid on maybe 4 games in the past 4 days and nothing. Either 100% of these people are blowing me off or something isn't sending them a notification of the offer?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Maybe it's just me, but I've been trying to purchase games from others on the marketplace and noone is responding to me. I've bid on maybe 4 games in the past 4 days and nothing. Either 100% of these people are blowing me off or something isn't sending them a notification of the offer?[/QUOTE]

I've wondered the same thing regarding notification on offers but I've gotten emails when I got offers.

It seems some people might just be sitting on offers and waiting for better ones without responding...it'd be nice if we could auto-expire an offer after x days or something.

You have some PHP coding errors!

Main marketplace homepage:

Warning
: Missing argument 1 for CAGTrade::getPendingTrades(), called in [path]/trade.php on line 165 and defined in [path]/includes/class_cag_trade.php on line 32

On a game page, example FF:XIII: (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=gameinfo&gameid=623)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_game_tradevalues.php on line 111

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_game_tradevalues.php on line 111

[quote name='iHaVEnOmMrS']You have some PHP coding errors!

Main marketplace homepage:

Warning
: Missing argument 1 for CAGTrade::getPendingTrades(), called in [path]/trade.php on line 165 and defined in [path]/includes/class_cag_trade.php on line 32

On a game page, example FF:XIII: (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=gameinfo&gameid=623)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_game_tradevalues.php on line 111[/QUOTE]

They weren't coding errors, just issues caused by an incorrect setting on our new server - it's been fixed, thanks.

It seems I left feedback for a trade using the normal feedback system in lieu of the marketplace trade feedback, and because of this I now keep getting a message stating I owe feedback for the one trade I have done so far. Is there any way to make this notice go away since I have already left feedback for the trade?

Is it possible for us to be able to click Positive/Neutral/Negative when viewing a user's feedback page and it filter to only show what we clicked? It might save time when clicking through pages of positives to find the negative feedback that may make/break a deal for you when dealing w/ the user in question. Just a thought. =]

[quote name='biscuit']It seems I left feedback for a trade using the normal feedback system in lieu of the marketplace trade feedback, and because of this I now keep getting a message stating I owe feedback for the one trade I have done so far. Is there any way to make this notice go away since I have already left feedback for the trade?[/QUOTE]
How about you leave an "official" one, and we delete the other.

I was wondering if you guys wanted some type of quick flash video on how to use the marketplace? That's what I do for a living and it would have helped some of the folks that I just did marketplace trades with, or at least new folks.

I'm envisioning another round of updates and then I can make the video myself. Thanks for the offer though.

[quote name='CheapyD']How about you leave an "official" one, and we delete the other.[/QUOTE]

Left official feedback. Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the help.

I have 2 outstanding trades that are awaiting feedback but the 2 people gave me feedback through my profile and not the marketplace. Is there anyway I can get those 2 entries removed since the trades are complete and feedbacks have been given?

Is there any way to decline or delete an already accepted trade? An fellow member sends me an offer on the trade, however, changed mind, but I have already accepted it. And now it stuck at the status where I am suppose to send the game and the member suppose to pay.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Is there any way to decline or delete an already accepted trade? An fellow member sends me an offer on the trade, however, changed mind, but I have already accepted it. And now it stuck at the status where I am suppose to send the game and the member suppose to pay.[/QUOTE]

I am having the same issue with no way to close/cancel the transaction. Also, is it appropriate to leave the person bad feedback if they make you an offer and you accept but they never follow up?

[quote name='TLPRIME']I am having the same issue with no way to close/cancel the transaction. Also, is it appropriate to leave the person bad feedback if they make you an offer and you accept but they never follow up?[/QUOTE]

i to have this issue *rabble* *rabble* *rabble*

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Is there any way to decline or delete an already accepted trade? An fellow member sends me an offer on the trade, however, changed mind, but I have already accepted it. And now it stuck at the status where I am suppose to send the game and the member suppose to pay.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TLPRIME']I am having the same issue with no way to close/cancel the transaction[/QUOTE]

I've run across this same issue as well. I believe the other party has sent Cheapy a PM regarding a resolution.

How about a "dispute this feedback" feature? It would make it a lot easier and cleaner to dispute feedback than finding a mod who's on and PMing them.

For example, when some random with 28 posts whom you've never talked to before goes and gives you negative feedback due to "sarcasm," there should be an option to immediately get that taken care of. :p

[IMG-R=5838]15605[/IMG-R]Lots of updates to the CAG Marketplace, including:

- One-click checking of retailer new, used, and trade-in prices directly from the Marketplace
- Notification under the CAG logo when there are trades that require your attention.
- A speech bubble icon now denotes a trade that has been updated since you last viewed it.
- Trades that have recently been updated (or had messages posted to) will automatically be brought out of the archive regardless of status.
- Trades that have been accepted can now be canceled, providing no items have been sent.
- A PM reminder will be sent to a user who hasn't responded to an offer for 3 days.
- Trade offers that haven't been responded to will be canceled after 7 days.
- Inactive trades that are 30 days old will automatically have their status resolved and be moved to the archive. (Based on the previous status of the trade, and whether or not items have been sent/received.)
- A PM reminder will be sent if a user hasn't left feedback within 7 days of the end of the trade.

For more information on the CAG Marketplace, click here.

icontrade.gif
CAG Marketplace

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when beta first started, I added just a handful of games that I could think of off the top of my head.

Back in March sometime, I received two offers. I just read the PMs now (sorry folks, with cancer, death, suicide attempts, ERs and Mental Hospitals, family life has been in an almost constant state of suckitude for about two years now, and family has to come before CAG and PMs took a very far back seat) and neither of them have any specifics what so ever. They read
CAG Marketplace: Offer Received
Hey guinaevere,

You've received a trade offer from X.
To review and respond, click here.

Thanks,
CheapyD and the CAG team
When I click here, I'm brought to an address management page to enter in my address. Still no clue as to what the offer is for what game.

Looking at my Trade Page, I see pretty much the same thing. The users, the offer (at least there's a monetary value now) but still no specifics about which game the offer is for.
tradesz.png
Clicking on the VIEW link, I'm again returned to the Address page.

Looking at my Trade Page, one would assume the offers are for Oracle of Ages. But if I had multiple games listed at $5, or if they are low ball offers for other games, I'd have no way of knowing.

Is there a way to know exactly what game their offer is for? Currently, it seems like this:
List games
Receive note of offer.
Reply asking what game they're wanting.

Buyer states what they want.
Set up payment/shipment details.

Is there a way to knock out those extra steps, and simply have a notice of what game the offer is for, and for how much?

Secondly, is there a way for me to get those trade offers off of MY TRADE page? I have to contact both cags, obviously. And I'll be doing that in a moment. But how do I cancel/reject an offer. Not that I don't want to make the sale, I simply have no idea where stuff is in the house right now.

Never mind, added my address and an entire new world opened up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those extra steps don't really exist. You need to have an address in the system to use the Marketplace. Otherwise, you can't view, accept, reject, cancel offers, etc.
I guess that is not made clear.

Note: Nobody will see your address it unless you are involved in an active trade with someone.

Yeah, some of us don't like to put our address into any database if it can be helped. Without the address in the system, I couldn't get to any screen that gave the offer details. That part could be addressed, just for anyone else who's as paranoid as I am.

Once an addy is in the system though, I saw everything.

I've read a decent chunk of the thread but didn't see an official response to this kind of question:

Are there any plans for an automatic matching feature that checks Have and Want lists, so you only end up seeing people who want what you have when you're fishing for a certain game?

I don't know how your database works but the way I'm thinking it'd go down couldn't be particularly hard to implement (well, on its own, who knows about side effects). I'd go so far as to offer my moderate programming ability to help you implement it.

Just a fast question does trading rules applies for the market place??
example I buy from a 0 feedback user and I have 3 feedback point
he has to ship the item first and I must confirm of receipt before I send the payment right?

[quote name='lobitoh']Just a fast question does trading rules applies for the market place??
example I buy from a 0 feedback user and I have 3 feedback point
he has to ship the item first and I must confirm of receipt before I send the payment right?[/QUOTE]

To me, if it's a trade situation, the one with lower feedback ships first. But if someone is buying something from me, they pay me first and THEN I ship.

Maybe everyone doesn't operate like that, but that's my rule for buying from me.

It doesn't matter if you have 100 or 1000 feedback. If you're buying from me, I need cash/money order in hand BEFORE I ship.

As for the Marketplace, I think I stopped even listing stuff as 'available for trade' on there, since too many treat the price listed as a starting price and try to haggle downward from there.:roll:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=gameinfo&gameid=19607
is a duplicate of
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=gameinfo&gameid=5513

Also, I've noticed that when adding my games recently, when I search for a game, sometimes it duplicates the link when I want to add something. Here, it even duplicates the duplicate.
2na38zk.jpg

Additionally, it would be nice to sort games in collection by consoles, and maybe adding the ability to scroll through pages when adding games would help. For example, I typed in "Mario" in the search but only one page showed, so I couldn't browse what I had or what I wanted.

Is there any chance to have a feature added that lets you see who is looking for a game that you have? It would be nice to see if someone wants it that doesn't have something on your wish list just to see what is out there.

Does the "make an offer" feature not function? When I try to enter an ammount nothing shows up and I'm unable to advance to the next step.

Is there are way to duplicate games? I have multiple copies of some games (one in my collection and one up for trade) but I can't figure out how differentiate them since the copy in my collection is usually in better shape...

Who should i contact for some technical help with removing a trade that has been completed. Its still listed in my current trades and the buyer hasn't logged in since July.

Do you mean remove a trade that hasn't been completed? Post the offerid # (from the URL) and I can cancel it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Do you mean remove a trade that hasn't been completed? Post the offerid # (from the URL) and I can cancel it.[/QUOTE]

offerid # 3433

We completed the trade but he didnt update as received.

Thanks for the help CheapyD! :)

When buying something from the marketplace, does the paypal transaction show the game you're trading in it? For example: You buy a game from the marketplace and in Paypal it shows what you were buying so if you do not recieve it you can file a dispute.

Suggestion : Can both the sender and receiver emails be displayed within the CAG marketplace trade screen? I use multiple addresses and it is always a point of confusion whether the other person can see the appropriate address. It usually ends up with PMing a few times to make sure everything is working. If they are both displayed then it should be straight forward... if you see it, they should see it. Thanx, really like the system.

I hope this hasn't been mentioned before, but I think I've found a bug. Occasionally I'll see the lowest price and it will not be matched with the user offering that price. For example, Eternal Sonata for the Xbox 360 is listed for $8. But the person it mentions is not the one selling it for $8.

Also, is there a way to tell it to only show me matches of people who have boxes and manuals? Is there a way to add a game to my wishlist without specifying what system I want it for? For example, I want to get a copy of Blaze Blue, but I don't care if it's for the 360 or PS3 or PSP.

the marketplace stats bar on the right side does not accurately update times traded by CAG's. It's always zero, no matter what is the true number of times

[quote name='FluxDF']Does the "make an offer" feature not function? When I try to enter an ammount nothing shows up and I'm unable to advance to the next step.[/QUOTE]

Neither Make and Offer or Counter Offer work for me. I'm not able to enter any ammount.

[quote name='CheapyD']Works fine for me...what browser/version?[/QUOTE]

IE v8

bread's done
Back