CAG MLB 10: The Show League Fantasy Teams! MIL/PHI/SD open! Series 6 Games Due 9/6!

[quote name='SnorE']damn didnt realize saint pattys day Monday then[/QUOTE]

Ugh...how many people is this going to be a problem for? I really would rather not wait all the way until Monday to do the draft. I did a quick run down, and it looks like the only person so far who won't be available on Thursday is ajumbaje (and possibly jousley..although I don't think he placed his vote until the Wednesday or Monday discussion started).

ajumbaje...is there any way Thursday could work for you? I feel like eventually, I'm just going to have to say "fuck ____" and just pick a time, but I'll at least try to work this out before just going with the majority.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ugh...how many people is this going to be a problem for? I really would rather not wait all the way until Monday to do the draft. I did a quick run down, and it looks like the only person so far who won't be available on Thursday is ajumbaje (and possibly jousley..although I don't think he placed his vote until the Wednesday or Monday discussion started).

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you meant by that statement about me....what does it matter when I placed my vote? I mean, you ask Wednesday or Monday and I just stated what worked best for me.

[quote name='jousley']I'm not sure what you meant by that statement about me....what does it matter when I placed my vote? I mean, you ask Wednesday or Monday and I just stated what worked best for me.[/QUOTE]

I meant that those weren't the only two choices initially. I just narrowed it down to them since that's what most people were choosing. But with the element of St. Patrick's Day thrown into the mix, reconsidering Thursday might be a good idea (though it doesn't matter to me. fuck, I'm married. I won't be going out drinking green beer and trying to get laid...I can do that at home, lol ;)) I meant nothing personal by it. If you took it that way, slow your roll, dog.

Ugggh Thursday is the first day of the NCAA tournament. Bad night.

Just kidding man. Honestly, getting 16 people from across the coutry in different time zones, especially since all of us have jobs, school, or family to take care of is almost impossible. At the end of the day, unfortunately, someone may just have to miss out. I don't mind if it is me. There will always be Free Agents available, especially since this is a 16 team league.

[quote name='Josh5890']Ugggh Thursday is the first day of the NCAA tournament. Bad night.

Just kidding man. Honestly, getting 16 people from across the coutry in different time zones, especially since all of us have jobs, school, or family to take care of is almost impossible. At the end of the day, unfortunately, someone may just have to miss out. I don't mind if it is me. There will always be Free Agents available, especially since this is a 16 team league.[/QUOTE]

No, I totally agree. I just don't want to run into a thing of "Oh wait..Wednesday is St. Patty's. PARTY!!!", "Wait...Thursday is party night! PARTY!!!", "Wait...Saturday I get my dick rubbed! PARTY!!!", "Wait...Sunday I go to church! PARTY!!!" lol. At some point, you gotta make a choice, ya know?

And actually, I don't think you can sign players after the draft. At least it wasn't possible in years past.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
And actually, I don't think you can sign players after the draft. At least it wasn't possible in years past.[/QUOTE]

Really? That would seriously blow.

Oh stick to Wednesday! It will show what priorities everyone has! I mean are people really that desperate to find a reason to drink? Are we in high school or something? :D

And I had forgotten about the NCAA Tourney, so I would much rather it not conflict with that FWIW.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Oh stick to Wednesday! It will show what priorities everyone has! I mean are people really that desperate to find a reason to drink? Are we in high school or something? :D

And I had forgotten about the NCAA Tourney, so I would much rather it not conflict with that FWIW.[/QUOTE]

...as long as your "priorities" out-weight others, I suppose? ;)

keep it on weds... i will just make a draft board if in the scenario i dont make it home on time so 10 weds works....hey i just like to drink and im irish... st pattys day is the closest thing to christmas for the irish

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
And actually, I don't think you can sign players after the draft. At least it wasn't possible in years past.[/QUOTE]

I read that you can sign free agents in online franchises this year. I can't find the link now, though. :whistle2:\

[quote name='SnorE']keep it on weds... i will just make a draft board if in the scenario i dont make it home on time so 10 weds works....hey i just like to drink and im irish... st pattys day is the closest thing to christmas for the irish[/QUOTE]

Then really be Irish and start drinking at 2 ;) You'll be home in plenty of time for the draft, haha.

THE DRAFT WILL BE...WEDNESDAY 3/17 AT 10 PM EST!!!!

OZ HAS SPOKEN! :)

Here are things to consider about the draft:
1. Your presence is not mandatory. You can set up your draft board ahead of time and have the CPU draft for you.
2. The people who were fine with 9 PM, but think 10 PM is a little late, the earlier rounds are clearly the most important. The last 7-8 rounds will more than likely be spent drafting bench players and relievers. If you have to leave early, set up your picks for the final rounds, and leave.

Also, Theschill38 has informed me that he can't participate anymore, so Dahk, that would mean you're in if you're still interested.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Is it up yet? ive been looking for it ?[/QUOTE]

EDIT - All right, the league is set up, and it is called CAG Fantasy League. The divisions are American League and National League. Please join the league that your team is actually in. If you join the wrong league, you will be booted for being a retard, lol.

From the looks of things, there are A LOT more options than in years past (although that is what they promised us). Josh will be happy to know, there is a "Free Agents" heading, but it said I needed to play at least one game before entering it. There is also a heading for "Pitching Rotation", which will be really nice so we don't have to post and keep track of them on here. And there's a heading for "Disabled List". I left injuries on since there are so many options to trade and/or sign new players. I think this will really add a strategic element to the league.

As for league settings, I put the difficulty at All-Star with default sliders. Guess Pitch is set to default (I don't understand people who don't like it. To me...it makes the entire game a chess match, letting the pitcher know that you're thinking right along with him...which in turn makes pitching a lot more fun). Most of the other settings are default as well, except, as always, I turned hot zones off. I'd rather people pitch to the situation than pitch to the "blue square".

Oh, I also turned off "Auto-Resolve Game". This is supposed to randomly choose a winner if a game "expires" without being played. As fair as that sounds, I'd like to have more control over it than that. I'm done with randomly deciding on a winner. If a game needs to be resolved, I'll assess who's fault it was that the game didn't get played (based on posts in this thread attempting to get in touch with your opponent). If both sides are equally at fault, I'll flip a coin.

I have no idea how or if "flex scheduling" works this year (not that it really worked last year anyway). With the new enforced pitching rotations and this auto-resolve game feature, I don't even know how they would implement it. Other than that, it looks like there will be lots of stat tracking and tons of options for people to screw around with. By the looks of it, it's getting pretty close to a straight up online franchise. Should be a lot of fun! Can't wait to get started! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu'] With the new enforced pitching rotations[/QUOTE]

So does this mean we need to have 5 starters and that fatigue will carry over from one game to the next as if there are no "recovery" days in between?

That would be awesome and a solid upgrade from last year (where you could just pick 1 elite SP and start him every game).

I don't know if this has been posted already or not so forgive me if it has. There are a lot of bugs in the game as far as franchise/rtts/rosters goes and they aren't going to be worked on until the end of this month because the team is on vacation. Just a fyi

[quote name='slickkill77']I don't know if this has been posted already or not so forgive me if it has. There are a lot of bugs in the game as far as franchise/rtts/rosters goes and they aren't going to be worked on until the end of this month because the team is on vacation. Just a fyi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have noticed this as well. I cannot even figure out how to download new rosters, all I see are the customer rosters to download.

[quote name='rhoffa']ok so wednesday at 10. now is there any way to automate after you get everyone you want?[/QUOTE]

Dude, look four posts above yours...or even in the OP. This is what I'm talking about, man. READ the thread. Updates will always be in the original post.

[quote name='dickybeans']So does this mean we need to have 5 starters and that fatigue will carry over from one game to the next as if there are no "recovery" days in between?

That would be awesome and a solid upgrade from last year (where you could just pick 1 elite SP and start him every game).[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's how it works now. Fatigue carries over. This is a huge improvement in my opinion (although we've always enforced rotations...now we just won't have to keep up with who should be pitching which game).

[quote name='slickkill77']I don't know if this has been posted already or not so forgive me if it has. There are a lot of bugs in the game as far as franchise/rtts/rosters goes and they aren't going to be worked on until the end of this month because the team is on vacation. Just a fyi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's interesting. I'm scared to think what hasn't been uncovered yet in online leagues. After setting up the league, I went into my draft board, and after browsing through a few different screens, I got a message "You have lost your connection to SportsConnect". That statement should strike terror into the heart of anyone who remembers last year's draft. I'm hoping it was a fluke, and just God's sense of humor making me almost crap my pants.

[quote name='spidamatrix']Yeah, I have noticed this as well. I cannot even figure out how to download new rosters, all I see are the customer rosters to download.[/QUOTE]

You have to go online. Once online, move to the left one or two times, then you should see "Save Online Roster". Do that.

i got ya on the whole draft board thing i read that. i was just wondering if you could leave after x amount of rounds, like once you got 20 players i didn't know how it worked. if there was an option to switch to for best available after i was content with what i had to that point in the draft. EST by the way too.

[quote name='rhoffa']i got ya on the whole draft board thing i read that. i was just wondering if you could leave after x amount of rounds, like once you got 20 players i didn't know how it worked. if there was an option to switch to for best available after i was content with what i had to that point in the draft. EST by the way too.[/QUOTE]

You still have to set your picks. You have a list, and you just put down players that you would want the CPU to draft for you. When it's your turn, if that player is still there, you get him. If you don't put anybody on the list, I guess the CPU will just draft whoever. Not sure how great their logic is though. You could end up with 10 relievers.

Will you be sending out invites via the game? I tried searching for the league, but unless I was missing something there was no way to search by name and every time I got about 10 pages into scrolling through I got kicked off SportsConnect.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Will you be sending out invites via the game? I tried searching for the league, but unless I was missing something there was no way to search by name and every time I got about 10 pages into scrolling through I got kicked off SportsConnect.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It is very annoying.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Will you be sending out invites via the game? I tried searching for the league, but unless I was missing something there was no way to search by name and every time I got about 10 pages into scrolling through I got kicked off SportsConnect.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Josh5890']Same here. It is very annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant to get everybody added to my buddy list in the game earlier, but I forgot. I'll try to hop on my PS3 and do that in a little bit. Hearing a consistent means for getting kicked off SportsConnect isn't good though. That makes me want to get you guys added asap so you can look at the draft board like I did earlier and see if that boots you off too. If it does, we could have a problem on our hands.

All right, invites have been sent out to everybody who has checked in. The only person I couldn't get an invite sent to was rhoffa/iambobbyd. When I typed in his PSN name, it told me "user doesn't exist". I typed it exactly as listed above. He said he's going to be out of town until Tuesday though, so it looks like his invite won't get resolved until last minute. I hope that doesn't prove to be a problem.

I also haven't heard a damn thing from jmercado. He's got until tomorrow morning or he's out. I don't even know why I'm bothering giving him the extra 12 hours since when he signed up, he chose a team that was already taken, and hasn't posted in the thread since. I don't know what the hell is wrong with some people.

yea i leave tonight i will check it out right now....

ok i do have an invite from you?? what does that mean??

[quote name='rhoffa']yea i leave tonight i will check it out right now....

ok i do have an invite from you?? what does that mean??[/QUOTE]

You probably have a PSN invite (which I sent like 5 days ago). But in the game, it's saying "iambobbyd" doesn't exist. Try adding me to your in game buddy list. All you do is add the user's PSN name to the "buddy list" that you can find when you scroll through the online options. My PSN name is n8rocker82. If you're able to add me, I should be able to send you an invite to the league.

haha sorry my ps3 has been nothing but ffxiii. haven't even looked at the requests. i wasnt aware i needed to go into the online thing to get the invite. i just sent you the request though. i am about to take off now to leave town. i think i got it all set up though. thanks man ill check from my phone while away.

[quote name='rhoffa']haha sorry my ps3 has been nothing but ffxiii. haven't even looked at the requests. i wasnt aware i needed to go into the online thing to get the invite. i just sent you the request though. i am about to take off now to leave town. i think i got it all set up though. thanks man ill check from my phone while away.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. Have a good trip. If you did send me the buddy invite, I should be able to accept and then invite you to the league. Even if you're not able to accept it until you get back, you should be fine. Just remember, the draft is Wednesday night at 10 PM EST.

[quote name='hqn101']SC is having serious trouble if it cant be resolved by weds what do we do.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'd have to dissolve the league and set it back up again with a new draft day/time (presumably Monday). Hopefully they get it straightened out soon though. This isn't really terribly unexpected. What online game doesn't have server problems during its first couple weeks of release? The big thing is that the games play fine when the server is working (since they connect P2P). They just need to make some adjustments to support the server load...and the quicker the better.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I guess I'd have to dissolve the league and set it back up again with a new draft day/time (presumably Monday). Hopefully they get it straightened out soon though. This isn't really terribly unexpected. What online game doesn't have server problems during its first couple weeks of release? The big thing is that the games play fine when the server is working (since they connect P2P). They just need to make some adjustments to support the server load...and the quicker the better.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too suprised by this. This game has been out for less than 2 weeks and the fan base for the PS3 has grown considerably in the past year so there are probably more copies sold of this game than last year at this time. I'm really hoping that Sony will get it all taken care of soon.

[quote name='spidamatrix']Yeah, I have noticed this as well. I cannot even figure out how to download new rosters, all I see are the customer rosters to download.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry guys. Didn't realize there were two threads for the show. Just to answer your question: When you go to the online area, there should be a thing that says Save Online Roster. I think its on tab to the left of the User based rosters. Its under the my player tab I think (not on my console right now).

Well, 72 hours have passed and it looks like jmercado is out for being a complete dumbass. Thanks for posting in the thread once, choosing a team that was already taken, and never posting again. You rule!!! :roll:

Spot falls to DestroVega if he wants it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, 72 hours have passed and it looks like jmercado is out for being a complete dumbass. Thanks for posting in the thread once, choosing a team that was already taken, and never posting again. You rule!!! :roll:

Spot falls to DestroVega if he wants it.[/QUOTE]

It's better than him falling into the league and holding up the league in week one.

[quote name='Josh5890']It's better than him falling into the league and holding up the league in week one.[/QUOTE]

Are we comparing getting kicked in the shin and getting kicked in the balls? lol. I agree, but I still don't get why he even bothered to post.

hmmm.. all the different and cool AL stadiums are gone... So I'll take the worst one out there... Oakland A's baby... a stadium with more cement than a mixing truck company.

[quote name='DestroVega']hmmm.. all the different and cool AL stadiums are gone... So I'll take the worst one out there... Oakland A's baby... a stadium with more cement than a mixing truck company.[/QUOTE]

True but that new stadium they proposed a while back looks really good. They need to escape there so that the Raiders can rot there. Too bad the economy isn't good these days to get going on a new stadium, especially in California.

Off topic, these teams need new stadiums...
1. Marlins
2. Ray (Obviously)
3. Athletics
4. Blue Jays

Trivia question: Which division had 5 new stadiums open up this past decade (2000-2009)?

Sorry, it is just a slow day for me.

[quote name='Josh5890']True but that new stadium they proposed a while back looks really good. They need to escape there so that the Raiders can rot there. Too bad the economy isn't good these days to get going on a new stadium, especially in California.

Off topic, these teams need new stadiums...
1. Marlins
2. Ray (Obviously)
3. Athletics
4. Blue Jays

Trivia question: Which division had 5 new stadiums open up this past decade (2000-2009)?

Sorry, it is just a slow day for me.[/QUOTE]

The Marlins are getting a new stadium, i think next season or the one after.

[quote name='spidamatrix']The Marlins are getting a new stadium, i think next season or the one after.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I thought that it was still being debated. They really need a new one.

I sent an invite out to DestroVega earlier and a new one to Dahk. Hopefully those will be the only replacements I'll need to make. I also hope SportsConnect stays running smooth.

bread's done
Back