CAG MLB 10: The Show League Fantasy Teams! MIL/PHI/SD open! Series 6 Games Due 9/6!

Ughhh...I fucking hate this game. No, the games aren't counting. I knew the fix wouldn't be that easy. They're going to have to patch it...if they can figure out how to fix it, that is. I played a game at around 4:30 today, and it's completely MIA. Who knows when it will show up.

I also just "finished" a league game with dickeybeans. It was another great game against a CAG. Both offenses started out slow, but dickey went up 2-0 on a home run to dead centerfield that was just out of the reach of a jumping BJ Upton. I finally put some offense together in the 5th inning when with two men on, once again, Mike Lowell hit a blast to left field that hit off the top of the wall for a 2 RBI double.

I pulled ahead 3-2 on a fielder's choice with Ian Kinsler beating out the back end of a double play. We both had several opportunities to score after that, but pitching and defense completely did their thing. There was an amazing play one inning later where dickey had a runner on 2nd, with 2 outs. His batter hit the ball down the left field line for a hit. I knew the runner was going to score, and when I saw the batter going for two, I threw to 2nd. The runner gets tagged out on a very close play, inning over.

Then I notice the score: still 3-2. Apparently, the batter was tagged out before the runner crossed the plate. I had to see the replay to see what happened. Hilariously, knowing he'd score "easily", the runner slowed down to walk across home plate, which was the only reason he didn't make it before the tag was applied. I would have loved to have saved this replay, but...

All the way into the top of the 9th inning, with a man on 1st, one out, and a 4-4 Chipper Jones at the dish facing Brian Wilson. I get Chipper to an 0-1 count, AND THEN...the game freezes and we disconnect. No result recorded, no nothing. Not even an end to the fucking game. Just a waste of 8 1/3 innings. I have to keep reminding myself that this league is only for test purposes, but talk about a sucker punch when you're having a good time, enjoying a really competitive game, and then The Show is like "Haha...fuck you! You both lose!!!" Just makes me want to play something else.

[quote name='m_d_amore']it seems to take 24 - 48 hours to count
whats the big deal?
you that hungry to see your win/loss column?[/QUOTE]

Ehh...a lot of people on OS are reporting 4 days. It's not a huge deal, and obviously they have bigger problems, but you know that's not how it's SUPPOSED to work. Even with today's update, I had a few games from 2 days ago not show up at all. They're just missing. I just hope they're working on it, because I promise you, it's not fixed.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I couldn't find any way to accept your trade to see what would happen. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

You might have to play a game first before it will let you look at transactions. I'm not sure. I know I couldn't look at the free agents before mdam0re and I played. I don't think there's a specific "trade proposals" section.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ughhh...I fucking hate this game. No, the games aren't counting. I knew the fix wouldn't be that easy. They're going to have to patch it...if they can figure out how to fix it, that is. I played a game at around 4:30 today, and it's completely MIA. Who knows when it will show up.

I also just "finished" a league game with dickeybeans. It was another great game against a CAG. Both offenses started out slow, but dickey went up 2-0 on a home run to dead centerfield that was just out of the reach of a jumping BJ Upton. I finally put some offense together in the 5th inning when with two men on, once again, Mike Lowell hit a blast to left field that hit off the top of the wall for a 2 RBI double.

I pulled ahead 3-2 on a fielder's choice with Ian Kinsler beating out the back end of a double play. We both had several opportunities to score after that, but pitching and defense completely did their thing. There was an amazing play one inning later where dickey had a runner on 2nd, with 2 outs. His batter hit the ball down the left field line for a hit. I knew the runner was going to score, and when I saw the batter going for two, I threw to 2nd. The runner gets tagged out on a very close play, inning over.

Then I notice the score: still 3-2. Apparently, the batter was tagged out before the runner crossed the plate. I had to see the replay to see what happened. Hilariously, knowing he'd score "easily", the runner slowed down to walk across home plate, which was the only reason he didn't make it before the tag was applied. I would have loved to have saved this replay, but...

All the way into the top of the 9th inning, with a man on 1st, one out, and a 4-4 Chipper Jones at the dish facing Brian Wilson. I get Chipper to an 0-1 count, AND THEN...the game freezes and we disconnect. No result recorded, no nothing. Not even an end to the fucking game. Just a waste of 8 1/3 innings. I have to keep reminding myself that this league is only for test purposes, but talk about a sucker punch when you're having a good time, enjoying a really competitive game, and then The Show is like "Haha...fuck you! You both lose!!!" Just makes me want to play something else.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that sucked. great game - while it lasted.

soo do i have to play the person that is first up on my schedule or can i play someone else? Can i play my games out of order or no?

[quote name='SnorE']soo do i have to play the person that is first up on my schedule or can i play someone else? Can i play my games out of order or no?[/QUOTE]

You can play any of your first 8 series. It's the same "flex" scheduling as last year. What's going to end up happening (not really important for this league, but good to know for future reference) is some people will get all their games played, but the rest of their schedule won't open up until the entire league has progressed past a certain point (like week 4 or 5). This leaves the potential for one or two people to hold up the entire league. I don't know why they think this is a good system, but they also think they have a good online server, so who the hell knows, lol.

alright i will be down to give a game to try tonight if anyone is around later tonight say like after 11 est time...its when the gf goes to bed haha...play whoever is looking for an easy win ;)

[quote name='SnorE']alright i will be down to give a game to try tonight if anyone is around later tonight say like after 11 est time...its when the gf goes to bed haha...play whoever is looking for an easy win ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be on, so get ready hippie!

[quote name='SnorE']alright i will be down to give a game to try tonight if anyone is around later tonight say like after 11 est time...its when the gf goes to bed haha...play whoever is looking for an easy win ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SnorE, I would play you, but I don't think you're one of my eligible opponents. I looked when you were on last night, and I don't think I play you until series 10. I'd love to see if you and dicky could complete a game though...and see if it counts.

I'll probably be on around that time as well so I can finally see how this all goes down. It will be any easy win for whoever plays me at first, I assure you ;)

Not sure if chris is an eligible opponent for me or not. I'll have to check again later.

One thing I was reminded of yesterday while playing dicky though. Apparently, if you send down or call up anybody anytime during the league, it resets all your lineups and pitching rotation. I remember someone mentioning this on OS, but I didn't realize it happened until I went to pick my starter against dicky. So yeah, any time you make roster moves, be prepared to do your lineup all over again.

It looks like my game with dickybeans from yesterday got resolved. In my game history, it shows me having a 3-0 win. Then, when I go into the league screen, the newspaper says that the Cubs earned a hard fought 3-2 victory over the Rangers. But I was the Rangers...and I led 3-2 in the 9th, lol.

At first you might think that it just lost track of the game and assigned a random score. But all the player stats are correct, and the article even talks about Chipper Jones being a perfect 4-4, and Roy Halladay pitching 8 strong innings. These things were real...the score was not. Again, I ask, how do they not notice this shit?

This league thing needs to be fixed by them, it's been almost a month since the game released. Was there that much trouble last year?

[quote name='SnorE']damn dbeans and chriscolbert are not on my schedule for the first 9 games so that means i cant play them in the league?[/QUOTE]

Yeah we could have only played an exhibition game apparently.

I did get a game in against Josh and after a couple of two-out hits put me up early he had a big inning around the 5th or 6th to take the lead and won 10-6.

After I exited the post-game menu it told me that "Login Failed" and kicked me back to the main menu. I hope that doesn't mean it didn't count (even though this is just a practice league at the moment).

[quote name='hqn101']This league thing needs to be fixed by them, it's been almost a month since the game released. Was there that much trouble last year?[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends on what your definition of "trouble" is. Fantasy draft didn't work right. Any player who was a free agent on the game's default roster...who got drafted, would get placed on your inaccessible AAA roster. So, some guys ended up with only 3-4 man rotations, and less than 25 guys on their team (there were no 40 man rosters last year). Games didn't have any trouble counting though...however they did have trouble being played at all because the lag was so terrible.

Also, the schedule was the same as this year, which you'll learn is very halfassed and convoluted. It's like the retarded inbred offspring of normal week to week scheduling and flex scheduling. As you're already seeing in the thread, there are people who would like to play each other, who are available at the same time, but the game won't let them play because only certain series are unlocked.

It gets worse as the season goes on because the entire league can be held up by one person if that person hasn't progressed past the week needed to unlock more of the schedule. This leads to having regular week to week deadlines anyway, and/or booting people from the league just so everybody else can finally move on. I don't know why they thought this system worked. Maybe since hardly any leagues were finished last year because the lag was so bad, no one was able to give them any feedback, haha.

In the most fundamental and simplified sense "this year's online is better"...if only because you can play a game without much lag. The fact that so many other things are screwed up just adds a new level of frustration. It's really just six of one, half a dozen of another. If this game ever has an enjoyable online experience, I'll be impressed. But I'll believe it when I see it.

[quote name='SnorE']damn dbeans and chriscolbert are not on my schedule for the first 9 games so that means i cant play them in the league?[/QUOTE]

do you really want to play against me again after I literally passed out on your ass? :drool:

sorry about that!

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm available right now through the night. Just message me, even if I am in Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

I'm on now if you want to give it a go.

so the league is still on? Or are we just playing this one out until opening week?

lol, I haven't even looked at my drafted team

[quote name='ajumbaje']so the league is still on? Or are we just playing this one out until opening week?

lol, I haven't even looked at my drafted team[/QUOTE]

We're playing until they fix things. Seriously, man, this is a good warmup for how league games will be (well...hopefully results will count immediately in the future though). Even with teams that aren't as you would have drafted them, you get a feel for how the league works, and how people play. I've had a really great time playing CAGs so far.

I just finished a game with Josh that went into extra innings tied 0-0. I seemed to be getting hits throughout the game, but Josh kept coming up with big pitch after big pitch to get out of jams. I hard a runner on third with 1 out multiple times, and just couldn't freaking drive him in. Or, I'd have guys on 1st and 2nd with nobody out, and then hit into a double play.

Both starters went 9+ innings, and when we finally got into the bullpens, I won the game in the bottom of the 11th, when Carl Crawford hit a gapper that scored Mike Lowell from 1st (I was seriously thinking about pinch running for Lowell, and was regretting not doing it when I saw where that ball went, lol. But the old man got those legs movin!). Thank God the game didn't drop in extras. There was a bit of lag, but nothing even close to last year. Really fun game overall.

I was able to play a 2nd game against chriscolbert tonight. This game was essentially lag free. Really smooth game. Chris, blame Josh for my bats finally waking up and getting the hits when it counted. I'm starting to think Mike Lowell is a god because he's hitting close to .500 for me through 4 games.

Chris played a good game though. As I said, I just have an embarrassing amount of experience with this series. If the games would ever start counting and stats would start tracking, I think we'd have a lot of fun with this league. There's a lot of good guys here. I really encourage everyone to try to get some games in. The fact that the games play smoothly makes it so much more worth it than last year's league. Even if they're not counting right away, the games themselves are really fun.

I'm sucking it up now, but still having fun. An erroneous press of a certain bumper button kept me from putting up an early run against Nate (ended up being shutout 6-0), and for some reason high fastballs had a weird hiccup to them that kept throwing me off. Of course striking out 17 or 18 times shows that I wasn't exactly the most disciplined regardless :D

Oh and sorry about nailing Lowell. I just had to see if I would get ejected with him following the HR and having one of his own earlier.

[quote name='spidamatrix']Are the standings generally updating the next day?[/QUOTE]

ehhh...lol. Sort of? It's so hard to tell at this point. From what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be any separation between the league games and the regular "play now" games. The last two times, I've had both types updated at the same time.

That said, I'm missing a "play now" game from yesterday which wasn't updated today. So, maybe that plus the league games I played tonight will be updated tomorrow? It's really all just guess work. Every 1-2 days seems like a fair estimate though. And of course, I'm hoping that improves.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm sucking it up now, but still having fun. An erroneous press of a certain bumper button kept me from putting up an early run against Nate (ended up being shutout 6-0), and for some reason high fastballs had a weird hiccup to them that kept throwing me off. Of course striking out 17 or 18 times shows that I wasn't exactly the most disciplined regardless :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah man. I couldn't believe your runner came back to 3rd. I had ALMOST thrown to 1st because you had that guy off too. Then I saw the runner breaking back toward third and was like "holy shit!!!", lol. What a ridiculous error by Mike Lowell on that play though (proof that he's infact NOT a god I suppose). Instead of a potential double play, he throws it into right field. You'll get the hang of this game though...maybe not the baserunning, haha. I still don't understand why my guys don't run out ground balls. It is freaking infuriating.

In my game against Josh, I tried for a hit and run with Juan Pierre on 1st. My batter hit the ball on the ground to the 3rd baseman...and as the ball is hit, Pierre, who is already halfway to 2nd, stops and starts to go back. I start jamming on L1 to advance him, but the delay gives the 3rd baseman enough time to throw to 2nd for an easy double play. Sending the runner SHOULD have prevented that. I know I'm not pressing anything to hold him up because I'm usually just pressing the left stick and X to hit the ball. I can't be the only person this is happening to.

EDIT - Oh, don't even worry about hitting Lowell, haha. I do it from time to time myself. Just have to let off steam. I'm just glad you didn't injure him, haha. :)

Well, checking my game results online (which thank God we can do that now...and I don't have to waste time turning on my PS3 just to see if they've fixed the servers), it seems my "play now" game from 2 days ago posted. But none of the 3 games I played against CAGs last night has posted (2 league games, 1 exhibition). So, AT BEST, they're running 48 hours behind now. I'll be curious to see if those two league games post correctly tomorrow though, since they both finished properly.

[quote name='m_d_amore']its about 24-32 i think your league game with josh is showing up now[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. Now, this will be interesting because I played chriscolbert literally right after that game. So, if it's a time based thing, you'd think it would show up in the next hour or two. Otherwise, I have no clue how the games are being updated. I really hope they're working on a total fix though. Honestly, the delay is worse for leagues than it is just random games.

played 2 games against mdamore, first game the game frozed after accessing bullpen after 5 innings, 2nd game i was stuck at the start and it restarted my ps3.

[quote name='hqn101']played 2 games against mdamore, first game the game frozed after accessing bullpen after 5 innings, 2nd game i was stuck at the start and it restarted my ps3.[/QUOTE]

Have you played many online games with randoms? Just want to make sure your connection isn't causing any kind of issue. I know that any time you get disconnected from SportsConnect, it can cause the game to freeze. I haven't played today, so the other possibility is just that their server is effed up today.

[quote name='madbst']The standings say I have one loss even though I haven't played a game. Is that happening to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

It's showing you as 0-0 online. I'm going to post this in the OP as well just to kinda track where we are, but here's the standings and recent games played up to this point.

testleaguestandings3_26.jpg

testleaguerecentgames3_26.jpg

The one thing that does worry me (which is why I'm REALLY glad this is just a test league) is that the game dickybeans and I had that disconnected with me up 3-2 in the 9th (see boxscore directly above this post), shows up in the recent games as a 3-2 win for me...but shows Halladay as the winner (dicky's pitcher). To confuse things worse, in the standings, I was given a loss, but dicky was not given a win. So, now he's missing a game. I have no freaking idea how that is going to sort out, but to keep the broken record spinning...SCEA needs to fix it.

bread's done
Back