CAG MLB 10: The Show League Fantasy Teams! MIL/PHI/SD open! Series 6 Games Due 9/6!

[quote name='Matt Young']No problem whatsoever in my game with Nate. Minimal lag. It was the opposite of my 10 inning, 6-5 game against Destro in the other league.

This one ended 1-0 with Nate taking the victory. He homered with Matt Holliday in the 6th after I had retried 14 consecutive batters. He struck me out 21 times, 19 with his starter, Billingsley. Lincecum pitched a complete game for me, but took the loss.

That was really fun. Does anyone else want to play tonight? I may play Nate again if he does not play m_d_amore in a league game, but if he does do that, I'm free.

Oh, and if you guys haven't added me to your friend lists yet, my user name is MattYoung730. I'll look at the OP, probably tomorrow, and add those who have not added me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really good game, Matt. Lincecum is such a beast, I was lucky to get that one run. That seems to be a thing with the top tier pitchers in this game. Even when you make solid contact, sometimes it just doesn't matter. I've noticed this with Sabathia and Peavey too.

Some guys are just harder to rock. Even if you guess the pitch and location...you'll still hit a freaking chopper sometimes, lol. It was a good game though. Definitely a battle. And of course, for the 2nd straight game, Wilson provides a little too much "excitement" at the end. Good thing I have 2 closers.

As for the game with Supreme and Chris, it really was just shit luck, man. I think the server literally died right in the middle of your game. It was giving some weird ass messages after that. This is why I said it's stupid for me to not be able to reset games to let you guys play again. If Sony can't fix all the online problems, the least they could do is make them manageable. How hard could it be?

Oh, shit. Glad I looked at this. Just like our first test league, when you go to look at the "Free Agents" list, you'll notice that every player, even players that were drafted, is listed and available to sign. Meaning, if anybody signed them, there would be duplicate players in the league. So, I'm going to say this straight up,

DO NOT sign ANY free agents!!!

Since we drafted full 40 man rosters, there's really no need to sign anybody. I even posted about this issue in the "online bugs/glitches" forum on OS, and of course nobody even fucking acknowledged it. Add it to the list of things SCEA completely botched with this game.

I can say with 100% confidence that I won't be buying this game brand new next year. Not even because I don't enjoy it or because it's not worth the money. But because I seriously would rather give Gamestop/Hastings/etc. my money than reward SCEA for another half-assed effort. They'll get my money again when they can pull their heads out of their asses and not only make a game look pretty, but code it correctly as well. Again, it's like a home run hitter who won't run out a ground ball. It's unacceptable.

I played m_d_amore after my game with Nate. It was a pretty fun game, but I do have 2 complaints:

1. Both times Gary Sheffield hit home runs, amore beaned the next batter, Scott Rolen, in the head. He did the same to Derek Lowe, and to Curtis Granderson when he came in to pinch hit.

2. He kept rushing pitches. There were maybe 3 seconds between a lot of pitches. I would barely have time to guess the pitch when the meter came up.

I'm not trying to start trouble, and m_d_amore seems like a decent guy. But those 2 things bothered me.

Other than that, it was a good game. Though 3 of my first 4 batters remain hitless for the season (Shin-soo Choo, Derrek Lee, and Manny Ramirez) my pitching has been fantastic and has held each of my two opponents to 1 run. Gary Sheffield, as I said earlier, started his first game and went 3 for 4 with 2 home runs, driving in 3 of my 4 runs and scoring the 4th. I drafted him later on to pinch hit, but I'm going to try him out in the everyday starting lineup now.

If anyone wants to play tomorrow night, let me know. I have a Madden league game around 9 P.M. Pacific/midnight Eastern, but otherwise, I'm mostly free.

[quote name='Matt Young']2. He kept rushing pitches. There were maybe 3 seconds between a lot of pitches. I would barely have time to guess the pitch when the meter came up.[/QUOTE]

The topic of rushing pitches is such a touchy subject, Matt. I can't stand it either. But amazingly, I've seen several people post that the games just take too long. I don't know if it's a patience thing, or attention span thing, or whatever, but I'm convinced that many people aren't doing it to be assholes. It's just the way they play.

HOWEVER, that's not to say that it's acceptable. If you don't feel comfortable with the pacing of the game, by all means, do whatever is necessary to change it to your pace. If someone is rushing their pitches, just start holding the guess pitch button until you're damn well ready to hit. Either they'll get the hint and realize what they're doing, or you'll just aggravate them the entire game. But they don't have any more of a right to dictate the pace of the game than you do.

The only problem I've noticed with this method is that if the person steps off or throws over to a base twice during an AB, it sometimes won't let you guess your pitch anymore, and then they're free to rush the pitch. I don't like this, and I really hope nobody does it. Even if there's a guy on base, you shouldn't need to rush your pitches to control the running game. There are other ways to do it (and actually, I think it's pretty easy to throw out runners this year). My overall advice to everybody would just be to play fair, and don't do things that wouldn't happen in a real game. No pitcher throws a pitch as soon as the batter steps into the box. And neither should you.

rolen-hr retaliation
lowe- couldnt hit anything off him figgured a bean ball to the eye would help it didnt
granderson- i wanted to hit lowe again
lol its a game. my dude got ejected and you got free men on base.

if i was rushing them maybe because it was 200am a bit tired . that wouldn't even be an issue if guess pitch was off.

I have a knack for beaning people sorry. i wanna see the benches clear

I didn't even know your pitcher got ejected. That's funny. But we shall have a rematch later in the league, and we can always play an exhibition game.

I played Jetman - was a good game and he played excellent. I was bummed out by the lag that hit halfway through the game. I gave up the go ahead 3 run homer when I served up a meatball when I couldn't get the pitching meter to register due to the lag. He probably would've gotten the homer anyway, as he had guessed the pitch and location, and is a good player... just sucks when you have no control.
Jetman - were you getting bad lag on your side too?
Also- wasn't it bizarre seeing CC pitch for your Phillies and Cliff Lee pitch for my Yankees - was like an alternate 2009 Universe!

I'm offline and out of touch for a few days and get booted from the league. bummer, especially since I was one of the most active players in the "fake" league.

[quote name='Matt Young']2. He kept rushing pitches. There were maybe 3 seconds between a lot of pitches. I would barely have time to guess the pitch when the meter came up.[/QUOTE]

The only problem I had with this is that I couldn't pinch hit once because of it. Granted, I was getting my butt kicked and I think there was 2 out in the 9th, but it's still annoying when you can't make the changes you want. I was able to pinch hit earlier, so it seems to solely rest on whether whoever is pitching is trying to speed it up at that exact moment.

[quote name='melokeith']Jetman - were you getting bad lag on your side too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my first game online and it was going great until like the 6th inning when the lag started.

[quote name='melokeith']Also- wasn't it bizarre seeing CC pitch for your Phillies and Cliff Lee pitch for my Yankees - was like an alternate 2009 Universe![/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing when the game was loading. LOL

[quote name='dickybeans']I'm offline and out of touch for a few days and get booted from the league. bummer, especially since I was one of the most active players in the "fake" league.[/QUOTE]

It was like a week, man. Before the new league was set up, everyone was asked when they wanted to draft. Then, the new league was set up. Then everybody had 3-4 days to join the league. What did you want us to do? If you were out of town, I'm sorry. But you didn't tell us anything. We're not mindreaders here.

[quote name='chriscolbert']The only problem I had with this is that I couldn't pinch hit once because of it. Granted, I was getting my butt kicked and I think there was 2 out in the 9th, but it's still annoying when you can't make the changes you want. I was able to pinch hit earlier, so it seems to solely rest on whether whoever is pitching is trying to speed it up at that exact moment.[/QUOTE]

THIS is the biggest issue I have with anybody rushing pitches. If you're rushing so bad that you don't notice your opponent's pitcher is up, you need to slow the hell down. Considering in this year's game, you can even step off the mound when nobody is on base, there's really no excuse for "accidentally" selecting your pitch. Against Matt last night, I even paused the game in the 7th when he had runners at the corners and 2 outs to ask him if he realized his pitcher was up. Now, I'm not saying go that far, but at least wait for the guy to guess his pitch so he can let you know that he realizes it's his pitcher hitting. Multiple reports of not letting people pinch hit will lead to being booted from the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on now if anyone wants a game, I will be playing my franchise for now, just send me a message if you have the Tigers on your schedule.

[quote name='spidamatrix']I am on now if anyone wants a game, I will be playing my franchise for now, just send me a message if you have the Tigers on your schedule.[/QUOTE]

Messaged you but got no response. Though we probably wouldn't of got a game anyways seeing as me and N8 couldn't after a few tries.

Posting this in both league threads: Does anyone want to play a late night game? I am not sure if I can get on anytime in the next few hours, but I will be online to play a Madden league game at 9 Pacific/midnight Eastern, and would love to play some MLB after that.

I got on early and played CaptainBackslap (Pittsburgh). He raped me. It didn't help that I got a phone call during the 4th inning that kept me on till the end of the game, but I'm not trying to make excuses. He was already beating me by 3 or 4 runs. My pitching sucked, and so did my hitting. I was just bad all around.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ: In case you missed it, I have to send in my PS3 for repairs once again. I received the shipping confirmation e-mail just now, and the box is set to arrive on Wednesday. I will be mailing it out Thursday. Thus, Wednesday is the last day I will be able to play till I get my new system from Sony. I've played 3 games and would like to get in a couple more before I send the system out, so please let me know if any of you can play. I'm the Dodgers.

When was the notice given that our draft was happening? The day of the draft? That really blows. I was at a cookout all day.

[quote name='Dahk']When was the notice given that our draft was happening? The day of the draft? That really blows. I was at a cookout all day.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to activate the league until it was full. And when I was finally able to, my fears were confirmed that the game actually did put it on the wrong day. I had to find 3 replacements for the league that same day just to get it activated before the deadline passed. If I hadn't activated the league in time, we would have had to wait another week, and the draft still would have been on Sunday. I'm sorry, but I did the absolute best I could with the garbage Sony gave me to work with. If you want to drop from the league, I understand.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I wasn't able to activate the league until it was full. And when I was finally able to, my fears were confirmed that the game actually did put it on the wrong day. I had to find 3 replacements for the league that same day just to get it activated before the deadline passed. If I hadn't activated the league in time, we would have had to wait another week, and the draft still would have been on Sunday. I'm sorry, but I did the absolute best I could with the garbage Sony gave me to work with. If you want to drop from the league, I understand.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I understand completely. Nothing you can do about it.

I'll take a look at my autodraft team after work. Hopefully its not too awful.

[quote name='Dahk']Yeah I understand completely. Nothing you can do about it.

I'll take a look at my autodraft team after work. Hopefully its not too awful.[/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked if your team was "awful". At the beginning of the draft, I felt like all the good players were being snatched up quickly, but then in round 26, I realized we were still drafting MLB starters. Since this isn't a 30 team franchise, there were plenty of solid players to go around. Hopefully your roster fits your playing style though.

Matt - Good game last night. Sorry I wasn't really saying much, but I hate typing on the PS3. I think the game would've been a lot closer if you didn't make some mistakes (no offense). You didn't play bad, just blame it on Bronson Arroyo.

Josh - Yeah, that game was crazy. I couldn't get any good hits off of you. Everything was either a grounder or right at someone. For some reason, I had a hard time getting Derrick Lee out. I'm glad we were able to get a good, lag-free game in.

JetMan - Wow, that was probably one of the craziest games I've ever played. You're pretty damn good. It seemed like you hit every single fucking spot right on the nail. That was pretty ballsy leaving Carpenter in for like 12 innings. We definitely need to play again sometime. If you ever wanna get an exhibition game going, let me know.

[quote name='Supreme']
Josh - Yeah, that game was crazy. I couldn't get any good hits off of you. Everything was either a grounder or right at someone. For some reason, I had a hard time getting Derrick Lee out. I'm glad we were able to get a good, lag-free game in.
Yea, I enjoyed it. Definately alot of fun. Now I just need to get everything fixed in my league.

Am i the only one with a mic? so much easier than a keyboard

i think you can still hear the mic if you dont have one if you go into the audio accessory menu and click to receive thru the tv

[quote name='m_d_amore']keith get at me when you want to play . i wanna try to make series 1 games the priority[/QUOTE]

I can probably play around 9pm EST tonight. Does that work for you?

[quote name='Supreme']JetMan - Wow, that was probably one of the craziest games I've ever played. You're pretty damn good. It seemed like you hit every single fucking spot right on the nail. That was pretty ballsy leaving Carpenter in for like 12 innings. We definitely need to play again sometime. If you ever wanna get an exhibition game going, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that game would ever end, as we were both pitching well. I definately want a rematch.

Good game Gen was shitty it got laggy during second half

Keith hell of a game dude was tooth & nail the whole way thru

[quote name='Matt Young']Argh... friend came over earlier and I have to help him deal with some shit. I guess I won't be able to play tonight. :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

Hey man friends and family always come first. You are good for helping him out with whatever he may have going on.

Anyway I'll be on pretty late tonight if you want to still play, especially since you won't have a PS3 for at least a week after tonight.

Awsome game melokeith. I was starting to wonder if I was gonna catch a break but then Rios came through and I conquered in the 7th. Great game.

I'm hitting a busy stretch with schoolwork which is why I haven't been playing league games but I'll be good maybe tomorrow night for anyone who wants to play. I'll definitely be on sometime in the weekend.

[quote name='Josh5890']Hey man friends and family always come first. You are good for helping him out with whatever he may have going on.

Anyway I'll be on pretty late tonight if you want to still play, especially since you won't have a PS3 for at least a week after tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'll at least have it tomorrow night. I doubt you're still up since it's about 3 A.M. there. Plus I want to watch Lost.

I may actually have the system longer (but I wouldn't count on it). I'm receiving a Blu-ray from Netflix tomorrow. If it doesn't work, like most have not, I'll obviously send the system in. If it does work, I'll keep the system until I get a Blu-ray that does not work.

m_d - epic comeback by you in the 9th, epic fail for me (Huston Street may get sent to AAA to straighten out his ****) Question - why did Lackey get thrown out of the game for hitting a batter once, yet you plunked at least 4 of my batters in the head and nothing happened? That was weird.

Josh - nice game. I hate Bartlett at shortstop. He totally screwed up that big inning you had. Andy P. was throwing a great game, and even got the double play ball he needed, but Bartlett blew it with his second error of the game!

In any case, both games I played tonight were lag free and I enjoyed playing against you guys. Good luck the rest of the way.

[quote name='melokeith']m_d - epic comeback by you in the 9th, epic fail for me (Huston Street may get sent to AAA to straighten out his ****) Question - why did Lackey get thrown out of the game for hitting a batter once, yet you plunked at least 4 of my batters in the head and nothing happened? That was weird.

[/QUOTE]

that was weird, i have no idea. I was sure I would be ejected. maybe retaliation plunks are deemed ok? Home feild? I dunno. ejections are hit or miss. usually the 3rd time i get ejected sometimes the 2nd. i guess its up to the plate ump in the end. Either way that was a great game

Hey guys, I will be on for a little bit now, if anyone has the Tigers on there schedule send me a challenge, for now I will play some franchise.

I got another Blu-ray from Netflix and it booted up immediately. This is the first one I've rented in a while that actually works. I guess I'll hold off on sending in my system until the next time I get one that doesn't work, so I'll be free to play in the coming days. I can still play sometime tonight, if anyone wants to.

I'll be on for the next hour, so anyone with the Phillies on their schedule that wants to play a game message me.

well another shitty D/c loss bad enough dude doing the sb glitch and rushing pitches he d/c and i get tthe loss

I may suck but id rather lose for real gg anyways
no wonder you wanted to host Booo

You're the one who got disconnected, not me.

Stolen base glitch? Step off and change your pitching rhythm every pitch. Problem solved. I'm not going to not steal early if the opportunity's there.

I was as disappointed as you were when it disconnected. Don't blame it on me because I hosted. Host the game next time then. I just wanted to get a league game done tonight.

i had my challenge waiting for you soon as i saw you were free. then you sent me one cuz you didnt look or because you wanted to host whatever.
nut up next time

wtf you talking about? i never saw any challenges. I'm pretty sure i "nut up" when i went up 5-0 in 2 innings. People get disconnected a lot in this game and yet your the only one to throw glitching accusations around, especially when you're the one who got disconnected.

So apparently I cant get past the first innings of any game I play with anyone in the league. It always freezes I don't know what to do try it three times with 3 different ppl.

bread's done
Back