CAG NFL Season Discussion

Man, what happened to the Colts? I know they've been struggling, but I totally expected them to put it all together against the Titans. And early on, it looked like that's what was going to happen when they went up 14-0 after an unfortunate Mariota pick 6 (ball got knocked up into the air, and of course was caught by a defender).

But the Titans have scored 27 unanswered points since then and Andrew Luck has been pretty terrible. That AFC South division might be this year's NFC South, haha. .500 and you're in the playoffs.

I do have to say though, Antonio Andrews is a monster. How he went undrafted, I'll never know. A big, strong running back with decent speed who makes quick decisions and just explodes through the hole. The guy is always moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, what happened to the Colts? I know they've been struggling, but I totally expected them to put it all together against the Titans. And early on, it looked like that's what was going to happen when they went up 14-0 after an unfortunate Mariota pick 6 (ball got knocked up into the air, and of course was caught by a defender).

But the Titans have scored 24 unanswered points since then and Andrew Luck has been pretty terrible. That AFC South division might be this year's NFC South, haha. .500 and you're in the playoffs.

I do have to say though, Antonio Andrews is a monster. How he went undrafted, I'll never know. A big, strong running back with decent speed who makes quick decisions and just explodes through the hole. The guy is always moving forward.
colts gonna cost pagano his job, I guess if luck continues down this road would a trade for RGIII be out of the question :rofl:

colts gonna cost pagano his job, I guess if luck continues down this road would a trade for RGIII be out of the question :rofl:
Ha...and now they just come back to take the lead in like 90 seconds, lol. It's like they all of a sudden realized the Tennessee secondary is awful. They were struggling when they kept trying to challenge the Titans front 7 (which is actually pretty decent). But anything thrown downfield is basically easy pickings.

I mean, the Titans are a bad team, so I really don't ever "expect" them to win this season. But the Colts got in their own way a lot today.

So happy my patriots won today, all my friends and family live in the jacksonville area and its funny too see how they reacted before the game.

Ha...and now they just come back to take the lead in like 90 seconds, lol. It's like they all of a sudden realized the Tennessee secondary is awful. They were struggling when they kept trying to challenge the Titans front 7 (which is actually pretty decent). But anything thrown downfield is basically easy pickings.

I mean, the Titans are a bad team, so I really don't ever "expect" them to win this season. But the Colts got in their own way a lot today.
Yeah, that game was a bit ridiculous.

I re-iterate my previous statement.
Yeah it's pretty bad. It sucks in the sense of we got talent all over but people can't seem to get their heads out of their asses. Moments of brilliance on the defense are completely ruined by the next 3 plays where they play like shit. And Flacco......damn it Flacco.

God dammit, Flacco.

So glad I don't work in sports talk radio. It's going to be insufferable ke tonorrow.

EDIT: Is this what Browns fans feel like?

God dammit, Flacco.

So glad I don't work in sports talk radio. It's going to be insufferable ke tonorrow.

EDIT: Is this what Browns fans feel like?
No because the Ravens actually have talented players, for most years the Browns didn't even have that.

I love how, like, a week after a high school kid died because of high school football, CBS and NFL run a piece about how awesome high school football is (albeit in Isreal).

EDIT: How do the refs miss the obvious PI on the Miami INT?

More importantly, why does CBS feel it's necessarily to digitally paint the end zones and only on certain shots?

This isn't some low level soccer league in South America or Europe or High School football in Texas. The worst that will happen to that ref is death threats via twitter, which he's probably already getting from Lions fans.
--

Niners defense played a good game against the Packers. The offense was garbage again. The only good thing that can come out of this season is Jed learning that good owners tend stay out of the way and let the football people run the team. Also to fire Baalke.

This isn't some low level soccer league in South America or Europe or High School football in Texas. The worst that will happen to that ref is death threats via twitter, which he's probably already getting from Lions fans.
--

Niners defense played a good game against the Packers. The offense was garbage again. The only good thing that can come out of this season is Jed learning that good owners tend stay out of the way and let the football people run the team. Also to fire Baalke.
Sarcasm....

Is there something about Seattle that the refs have to help them win Monday Night games?
You remember the Dolphins/Steelers game from (October 24, 2010) that ended on a blown call by ref Gene Steratore?

Steratore was made know as a Steelers fan a week later I think as well.

lets go niners, new season starts today against a team in the same boat (both teams were in the super bowl couple of years ago, how things can change in the NFL)

Final drive might have had a better chance of success if the offense didn't leisurely jog down the field in the final minute. WTF, Ravens?

Final drive might have had a better chance of success if the offense didn't leisurely jog down the field in the final minute. WTF, Ravens?
Clock management has been crap all season but today was something else. I think the team has officially thrown in the towel and said fuck it. That was ridiculous.

From what I heard the center was never suppose to snap the ball. They were probably just trying to get them to jump off side. That's probably why that guy look confused when the center snapped the ball to him.

My God, EJ Manuel. You could at least pretend to be competant. You're making Blake Bortles look awesome without Bortles having to do anything!

EDIT: Then again, at least he doesn't play for the Texans.

Ok, I don't care that the Colts were down 27-0 or that they didn't win. Damn it don't change the game on me. They can score a lot of quick point and I would have liked to see the attempt. Wound up being a one score game.

Luck has to stop taking hits though before he becomes a slightly better version of Cutler permanently. If they had given him an O-line in his first three years he wouldn't be seeing ghosts now.

Ok, I don't care that the Colts were down 27-0 or that they didn't win. Damn it don't change the game on me. They can score a lot of quick point and I would have liked to see the attempt. Wound up being a one score game.

Luck has to stop taking hits though before he becomes a slightly better version of Cutler permanently. If they had given him an O-line in his first three years he wouldn't be seeing ghosts now.
This will be Marcus Mariota's story as well. I can already see it. Teams draft QBs just expecting them to come in and be Superman and save the day. Then they just get absolutely murdered in the pocket and are constantly running for their damn lives. Too many fat, lazy, and dumb offensive lineman in the league.

The Titans had two hall of fame offensive linemen on their coaching staff for several years and still couldn't teach these idiots how to protect anybody. Maybe Tennessee will finally learn it doesn't matter who you have at the "skill positions" if they don't have time to ever make a damn play.

Couldn't agree more. Everyone hailed Luck as a savior and, yes, with the aid of a weak division and some great talent he managed to take the Colts to the playoffs year in and out, advancing a game each year but damn think of what he would have done with a capable offensive line.

If you want to see the importance of an offensive line just look at Wilson this year versus the previous two. I think Luck could have had even more success there. I swear to the deity of your choice that the Colts better focus on the offensive line and defense in the draft next year. Yeah Dorsett is nice and all but that pick could have been put to better use.

bread's done
Back