CAG NFL Season Discussion

Make sure to pay attention to the schedule tomorrow night. CBS and Fox have the ability to switch games if it will reach a wider area.

Yea, if I'm Schaub or Clemens, what little hope of a starting gig I had is dashed when Ryan Mallet literally comes off the street and runs a competant offense.

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I post that the Ravens fall apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... If this was the last game ever for the St Louis Rams at least I won't have to watch them find new and interesting ways to lose ever again. If it's not, maybe Kronke will sell the team and we can get an owner who gives a shit in their new River Front Stadium...

https://twitter.com/sportspickle/status/683805282569445376?s=09

Also, Phil Simms said Peyton's name almost 30 times after halftime.

[attachment=19382:empty seats2.jpg]

Also, what's going on with Levi Stadium and 49ers fans? Didn't they just open their new billion dollar stadium last season? 

attachicon.gif
empty seats2.jpg

Also, what's going on with Levi Stadium and 49ers fans? Didn't they just open their new billion dollar stadium last season?
Inconsequential games tend not to fill seats. Plus it's about 20 degrees colder than usual throughout the Bay Area.

I'm sure very few people are surprised that Tomsula was fired. He clearly wasn't ready to be a head coach, and frankly, he didn't have much to work with in the first place.

Given that Jed York and crew didn't even wait until Monday to make the announcement, is it safe to assume that we'll see Chip Kelly in red and gold next season?

Looks like the Colts and Pagano have reached extension according to team Twitter account. Wonder if that agreement included the firing of Grigson. If he is still there then nothing is going to change.

Looks like they are keeping Grigson. Dumb move. 

Looks like the Colts and Pagano have reached extension according to team Twitter account. Wonder if that agreement included the firing of Grigson. If he is still there then nothing is going to change.
Nope, looks like he's staying

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/684206162242334720

This is good news for me now if only the Texans can get a franchise QB for once

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/684208135523831808

wouldn't show both in one post

edit also, Chargers just filed relocation application for LA and Raiders, I think the and Rams too

Keeping Grigson is going to lead another year of a toxic front office. Looks like Indy is trying to give the 49ers a run for their money on the most dysfunctional front office.

Not to be outdone by shockingly stupid moves, the Browns one-upped the Colts the best way they could: They have hired Paul DePodesta to be their new Chief Strategy Officer.

You may have never heard of a Chief Strategy Officer nor the name of NFL executive Paul DePodesta. That's because he's not an NFL executive. He is an MLB executive. Specifically, he was the Vice President of Baseball Operations for the Mets and somebody who is part of the Billy Beane braintrust.

Because when nobody else in your sport wants to play for you, you go to another sport altogether!

You thought the Colts retaining Pagano and Griegson and extending them both was weird?

You thought the Browns hiring a baseball stat guy was weird?

Well, the Bucs wanted to get in on it, so they've fired coach Lovie Smith. Few of the players are too happy about it.

This is good news for me now if only the Texans can get a franchise QB for once

Hey now, maybe one of the things they agreed on in their long meeting was actually getting an offensive line. And you know, a defense. They did fire the defensive coordinator.

"Supposedly" the friction was way overstated and it was just two individuals very passionate about football and the team with some disagreements. I say screw it, get rid of Grigson and his lousy draft and free agent focus.

Maybe get a gm that understands the value of protecting the QB and providing a run game in doing so. Plus one that understands stopping the other team from scoring is pretty important too.

That Vikings loss was soul crushing, but at least we won't have any more disgusting Peterson redemption stories on ESPN.

As for the second game, it was kind of scary how much the Redskins lost control like that. Green Bay was mostly unstoppable once they got going.

Not to be outdone by shockingly stupid moves, the Browns one-upped the Colts the best way they could: They have hired Paul DePodesta to be their new Chief Strategy Officer.

You may have never heard of a Chief Strategy Officer nor the name of NFL executive Paul DePodesta. That's because he's not an NFL executive. He is an MLB executive. Specifically, he was the Vice President of Baseball Operations for the Mets and somebody who is part of the Billy Beane braintrust.

Because when nobody else in your sport wants to play for you, you go to another sport altogether!
A good number of SABR front office people are finance guys, so it makes sense that he'd be able to analyze information in more areas than just baseball.

Looks like it's going to be Rams and Chargers in Inglewood with the Raiders getting some extra loan money or some shit to help build a stadium in Oakland.

As a Niners fan this is good. Cuts down on travel and gets back the instate rivalry.

As a San Diego State alumni, I wonder what the Aztecs are going to do once the city decides to tear down the stadium in five years. Hopefully the Aztecs get a nice small stadium built on the same site since there is no room on campus.

As a St Louis Rams fan, obviously I'm pissed. Hopefully the City, County and State sue. Kroenke violated the lease first with his London games and he did not negotiate in good faith. The City was even financing a second new stadium in 20 years, which is absolutely unheard of. Personally, I'm done with the NFL completely. 

Although, I would take joy in seeing an empty $2.66 billion dollar stadium owned by Stan Kroenke like what happened to the 49ers this year. Stan Kroenke's Rams have never had a winning season.  

If it makes you feel any better, Jerry Jones said the Rams move is one of the greatest ideas ever conceived in sports.
Putting a team that's had 4 winning seasons in the past 25 years with the worst owner in professional sports into the LA market surely sounds like a recipe for success to me. I wish Kroenke many more top draft picks that turn out to be total busts and blowing it in the 4th quarter every week after leading for the entire game.

I'll never forget that 1-15 season in 2009... Such painful memories of watching the Rams getting their asses beat.

Chip Kelly better not trade away the niners best players. Ughhh, i'll hold judgement until next season (good luck dear sir)

Meanwhile, the Eagles and Giants hire the top Coordinators from their previous successful coaches and the Bucs made their plans final and hired Koetter.

This years superbowl is going to be exciting. Who do you guys see this year? I'm leaning towards a Patriots Vs Panthers Superbowl, with Panthers winning. 

bread's done
Back