CAG NFL Season Discussion

Can I talk about Xbox deals here?
Only if it's related to football deals.

Seriously. Is this a result of someone whining and reporting us to the mods?
I believe so. To be honest I'm glad they cleaned it up some. I don't mind off topic talk, but it was getting really bad that there were like 15 pages of crap.

Related to football, I'm already sick of all the bandwagon Broncos fans in Indy. I was before this game but really sick of them now. I can only hope for a repeat performance of them completely blowing it in the super bowl like they did against the Seahawks.

I believe so. To be honest I'm glad they cleaned it up some. I don't mind off topic talk, but it was getting really bad that there were like 15 pages of crap.

Related to football, I'm already sick of all the bandwagon Broncos fans in Indy. I was before this game but really sick of them now. I can only hope for a repeat performance of them completely blowing it in the super bowl like they did against the Seahawks.
If we are going to be honest, I have to say that anyone who would report us for anything other than offensive comments is a fuck ing douche.

But I do agree with you that it is going to be great to see Denver get destroyed in the super bowl

I think I missed something.

Old school Carson Palmer rears his head at the wrong time for the Cardinals. I figured the Panthers would win, but I honestly did not expect this beatdown.

So glad I watched the NHL All-Star Games today instead of the Pro Bowl. So much more entertaining. The Pro Bowl is just worthless from an entertainment standpoint. Really all sports All-Star type games seem to be worthless but the Pro Bowl seems to be the worst of them.

It's funny how the Pro Bowl is widely panned but the truth is ratings wise it's very successful.  More people watch the NFL Pro Bowl than an MLB playoff game for reference.  I don't care for the Pro Bowl myself but the truth is it makes money so the only concern the NFL has is getting enough players to take it seriously (which can't be done). 

So I'm in the bay area and I got to check out Superbowl city yesterday.  Pretty cool experience.  It's free to the public while the hosting city (SF) gets to hold week long NFL activities.  I think the highlight is the free zipline between the "Golden Gate" backdrop.  It was busy last weekend and I made it a point to go now since all of the visiting Denver and Carolina fans will be flying in soon.  Next weekend is going to be like Disneyland with an NFL theme.  For shits and giggles I looked up the Hilton hotel that is adjacent to the stadium and they are charging $2K a night lol. People are putting up their apartments for rent starting at $500 a night all week.  How the hell is that going to work? I would not trust any stranger with my HDTV and my PS4 system.  At least at hotels they can go after you if you damage the room.  I heard one guy was offering his extra Superbowl ticket to any Carolina/Denver fan as long as she was single and willing to go with him to the game wut

I heard one guy was offering his extra Superbowl ticket to any Carolina/Denver fan as long as she was single and willing to go with him to the game wut
I think he's going to just end up with some rosey palm action instead of some strange in exchange for his SB ticket.

This isn't true at all. Last night's game had a rating of 5.0. Game 1 of last year's World Series was more than double that.
I wasn't comparing it to a WS game. Just a regular playoff game. I'm sure there are some peaks with certain games doing better but my point is an exhibition NFL game draws very competitively to an actual MLB playoff game.

I am not a big Richard Sherman fan but him going around doing interviews in a Pokémon 20 shirt gets mad respect from me.

One of the lowest scoring SB's of all time so it wasn't exciting to most people. Congrats to any Broncos fans on here. Von Miller was a beast. Guy picked a hell of a time to crank it up considering he's a free agent this off season. Both defenses played well. Nobody could run on each other.

Cam seemed too amped up for the game. His throws were all sailing too high. Where Cam screwed up the most was he didn't sell out for the fumble when there were 4 minutes left in the game and they were still one score apart. When you look at the replays it looked like he had a brainfart and just hesitated about whether he should dive into the pile. QB's fall on their own fumbles all the time but it may have been the Bronco pile that made him hesitate. He's fun to watch but as much credit as he gets when he performs well his post game press conference was a bad look since it was a stark contrast to his celebrations.

Manning wasn't good either. Coach Kubiak was smart enough to just play to his strength and let his special teams and defense dictate the flow of the game.

Funny how two years ago they were destroyed by the #1 defense and yesterday they just showed up and stonewalled the Panthers with an impressive #1 defense of their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
zcltkhl2b8ferlhshaka.jpg

What a sellout manning turned out be, "I'm gonna go drink a bunch of Budweiser ."
Manning has always been a sellout . The word is he wasn't paid (active NFL can't pitch alcohol) but he owns a Budweiser distributor in LA.

I'm a Broncos fan but never been a Manning fan. In most ways, I can't wait to see him go away. We won in spite of him pretty much all year. I suppose he provided some intangibles but no way we are the #1 seed of he plays all season. Hats off to Elway- he got rid of Tebow without enraging the fans and now he develops a team that allows him to say goodbye to Manning.

It's crazy how much hate Manning gets no matter what he does. Goes aggressive and loses to a great defense...oh, he's selfish and chokes under pressure.

Takes a step back, plays conservative, and recognizes he needs his teammates to do the heavy lifting...he's a bum.

Obviously, the guy's skills are nowhere close to what they used to be, but he's one of the best QBs ever, and has meant a tremendous amount to the sport for two decades.

I can't see a reason to hate on that unless you're just a miserable person.

Elway definitely deserves props. Canning John Fox for Kubiak made the difference. Yes they had most if not all of the pieces, structure, and organization but the difference maker particular with a rapidly fading superstar QB was Kubiak (and his coaching team) and their D/special teams. Wade Phillips is a phenomenal defensive coordinator/d coach.

I am a Broncos and Peyton Manning fan. I remembered being a fan of him ever since watching him play against the Broncos in the playoff. People have a lot of different opinions about Brady and Peyton but either way both them are going to be known as the two best QB of their generation.

Manning been good for football overall and one of the best Qbs for sure. But let's not kid ourselves he only recognized his diminishing skills the last few games of the year after he was benched (then brought back). Plus I can't stand his politics and his weird love for Papa John.

Well, business partner and nobody is saying that Manning is the same as two years ago. I hope he decides to go out on top like John Elway.

lolwut. You're a Baltimore Ravens fan. "Get me the kettle on line 1!"
So I should ignore all the terrible shit Manning has done? I should celebrate him sitting on a female trainer's face or sending a bunch of goons to intimidate reporters like a mafia boss or throwing his teammates under the bus whenever he loses?

fuck that. I'm glad he's retiring. Though when Brady retires I have no idea how Nantz and Simms will get their docks erect.

Actually, I take that back. I want Manning to play one more year on some shitty team so I can see him getting slammed 12 times a game.

Funny how it is with Simms, everybody in Denver hates him and think he's bias against Denver. But it's just football and I wouldn't get so worked over it considering there's a lot of controversy stories about athlete's everywhere.

Have anybody been following the Peyton Manning sexual assault story? First let me say I am a big Peyton Manning fan and when I heard the story a couple of years ago I thought part of it was true. I thought he did mooned his friend, and his ass and junk got onto her face by accident and it wasn't his intent to teabag her. So basically I thought the story about his ass on her face is true, but now there's more to the story about the accuser and her original affidavit that she filed that basically showed that years later she added the tea bagging and that Manning was really just mooning somebody based on her original affidavit. If you read her long list of complaints of sexual harassment or incident at Tennessee prior to the incident, you would know that there is no way she would forget to put that Manning tea-bagged her if it was true.

The accuser also have a history of suing a lot of people for no good reason, so much that the judge in one of her attempted lawsuit even threw it out  and stated that she has a long history of doing this and that it's just holding up the judicial system. She even tried to sue her own friend's deli shop.  

Here's the news about the incident:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/peyton-manning-jamie-naughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail

Here's another story examining the report of the Klemko story from Denver:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/3/11149496/peyton-manning-sexual-assault-vindication-jamie-naughright

and Here's her 1996 affidavit, the Manning incident is on page 21:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/299377392/Investigation-Results-of-Naughright-Whited-Tennessee-complaint

This lady is crazy just like the blonde girl from the movie Gone Girl. Seems like people just settled with her because they just don't want to deal with her shit.

"his ass and junk got onto her face by accident"

Sure, it was an accident.

Twenty years ago, Saxon, a cross country runner and finance major at the University of Tennessee, was in the athletic training room at the school’s athletic complex when he saw what he would later describe as something other than a “mooning,” which is how Manning has always characterized the incident.

In 2002, after the Manning book came out, Saxon wrote to Peyton: “You might as well admit to what happened and maintain some dignity.” In the letter, Saxon says he lost his eligibility over his refusal to amend his account.

I'm not really following it but if a post comes up on deadspin about it, I'd usually read it.

Sorry about your hero and his inability to keep his ass in his pants.

"his ass and junk got onto her face by accident"
Sure, it was an accident.

Twenty years ago, Saxon, a cross country runner and finance major at the University of Tennessee, was in the athletic training room at the school’s athletic complex when he saw what he would later describe as something other than a “mooning,” which is how Manning has always characterized the incident.
In 2002, after the Manning book came out, Saxon wrote to Peyton: “You might as well admit to what happened and maintain some dignity.” In the letter, Saxon says he lost his eligibility over his refusal to amend his account.

I'm not really following it but if a post comes up on deadspin about it, I'd usually read it.

Sorry about your hero and his inability to keep his ass in his pants.
I am not defending him but based on your post it seem that you didn't read the 1996 affidavit at all. If you read her affidavit of complaints you can see that she seem like a very shady person based on the amounts of complaints she had with the University and her original complaint against Manning is that he dropped his pants right in front of her. No mention of his ass on her face, she only added that parts years later. You figure that she would definitely put that on her affidavit in 1996 if the incident is true based on the amount of supposedly sexual harassment she received at the University before the Manning incident. Yeah we can agree Manning dropped his pants but now the incident of him tea-bagging her is very questionable based on her original affidavit and her history of liking to file lawsuits.

Here's the thing...I get that victims of sexual abuse often have a hard time coming forward. But you have to be reasonable and recognize that when something is being reinvestigated decades later, the evidence is not going to be as strong.

Outside of existing documents that have been on record for years, it feels like this woman is basically hoping for a a Cosby situation where others will chime in and be like "yeah, he did that to me too."

And I don't know, even that would seem awfully opportunistic to me. Without solid proof, it just comes off as organized mud slinging with obvious motives.

I hate to downplay a possible sex crime like that, because like I said, I know it's common for victims to not say anything. But that's a terrible way to handle it and it does make it easy to cover up. That doesn't make it ok. But that should be the reality. Otherwise, people could just make up shit about anyone.

Man, no comments on all the free agent moves? CAG is so dead. :(

I'm actually encouraged the Titans went out and made some moves. I just hope they make better use of Murray than Philly did. Mularkey said he wants to run more. Would be nice to take some pressure off Mariota.

Can I comment on the lack of moves the Colts have made? Re-signed Dwayne Allen. That's the most exciting news.

I had hoped they would make a play for Alex Mack or that Ravens o-lineman that went to the Raiders. I know we don't have much to spend but with a strong defensive class in the draft, there's no reason we shouldn't have made a play for some offensive line help.

Sad to be losing KO, as he was a great OL. With Daryl Smith gone too, that leaves a LOT of holes now. Will likely be forced to go after FAs for receiving targets again, as CB and OL are too important in the draft.

I like what the Jags have done so far. Love the signing of Gipson the most. Still have a need at offensive line and pass rush.

I am not defending him but based on your post it seem that you didn't read the 1996 affidavit at all. If you read her affidavit of complaints you can see that she seem like a very shady person based on the amounts of complaints she had with the University and her original complaint against Manning is that he dropped his pants right in front of her. No mention of his ass on her face, she only added that parts years later. You figure that she would definitely put that on her affidavit in 1996 if the incident is true based on the amount of supposedly sexual harassment she received at the University before the Manning incident. Yeah we can agree Manning dropped his pants but now the incident of him tea-bagging her is very questionable based on her original affidavit and her history of liking to file lawsuits.
Definitely didn't read it.

Man, no comments on all the free agent moves? CAG is so dead. :(

I'm actually encouraged the Titans went out and made some moves. I just hope they make better use of Murray than Philly did. Mularkey said he wants to run more. Would be nice to take some pressure off Mariota.
49ers don't do anything early in free agency. I'm just waiting on the bad news of the Niners trading Kap to Denver. I was hoping that he would stay after the Niners hired Kelly but I don't blame him for wanting to get the fuck outta there the way he was treated by the Niners.

Also I got a call from the 49ers season ticket rep yesterday, I got a good laugh out of that. I don't remember signing up for the waiting list but when asked why I was no longer interested in tickets I just told him Jed York. He knew what I was talking about.

I am on Denver waiting list and after what happened this week I think a few people are going to jump ship and not renew. Kaep is already in Denver, well he has been here rehabbing and supposedly the trade is done and they are just working on restructuring Kaep contract.

bread's done
Back