CAG NFL Season Discussion

nlcbrserzrdedpygwrpb.gif

I bet part of NBC's deal for SNF is that they got to show shots of the scumbag owners. I don't think the other three do it or if they do it nowhere near the amount of times NBC does it.

Also fuck Ed Hochuli for that bullshit "hitting the qb too hard" call in the Niners game. And the NFL too for wanting it that way. Put flags on the QBs already, Goodell.

Last edited by a moderator:
That call was one of the worst I have seen all season. I couldn't even believe that they pulled the flag out on it. I thought about posting something about it earlier, but figured it might have just pissed you off even more than you already had to be. 

Niners have been penalized on QB hits more than any other team in the last two years and their players never get a fine, which means they were clean hits. It's really terrible. I've just learned to accept it and ignore it.

That call was one of the worst I have seen all season. I couldn't even believe that they pulled the flag out on it. I thought about posting something about it earlier, but figured it might have just pissed you off even more than you already had to be.
Clean hit. Even if I we were to pretend it was borderline, the ref should have "swallowed the whistle."

Niners have been penalized on QB hits more than any other team in the last two years and their players never get a fine, which means they were clean hits. It's really terrible. I've just learned to accept it and ignore it.
Yeah, it sucks that we just have to accept it to enjoy the game. If the NFL wanted to fix this they could, but nah, they want the defense to be afraid of hitting the quarterbacks too hard and risking getting flagged.

Here's the Ahmed Brooks hit on Drew Brees, that was called a penalty and ultimately cost the Niners home field advantage last year, for the fun of it.

fm5EOcl.jpg

Yeah... fuckoutta here with that apology if you ain't going to fix the system.

Ray McDonald got released by the Niners after being investigated this week for a rape allegation. Lesson to be learned here is there's no room for fuck ups if you're no longer in the hunt for the playoffs.
I don't believe this. It's still a cap hit. They gave him due process with his earlier incident and felt they had enough information to keep him on the field. They were right, he wasn't charged and essentially he was getting wailed on by his fiancé so he grabbed and held her arms and got her outside of his house. What's the guy supposed to do at that point?

You can't then follow that up 4 months later with this. How many chances does he get for the 49ers to investigate situations he gets himself into?

I honestly believe if that first incident happens right now they let it play out. But when is enough enough?

I'm really getting tired of reading reports of Jay Cutler being traded to Tennessee. Yes, he went to school at Vanderbilt. Shut up already. Yes, the Titans don't have a competent QB. Getting Cutler wouldn't solve that problem. Not to mention that freaking contract. The Bears would need to eat so much of that to make it even approachable. Just so much bad there.

I can't wait until Connor Shaw has a passably decent game this week and then Browns fans start talking about how they might've found their QB of the future.

Would be interesting to find out if there are any Cowboy fans that think Tony Romo's better than Troy Aikman after breaking a few of his career passing records, though I doubt it would be anybody but huge Tony Romo fanboys like Jerry Jones.

The hate on Cutler is hilarious.
I hated on Cutler before it was cool. Actually, I think every Chicago fan went wtf when Cutler was acquired. At least I don't know of any who were happy and I sure as fuck don't know any that had a single clue what the gm was thinking giving that contract. I really don't think there was ever much love from the fans.

At least I'm only a hereditary Bears fan, not that being a Colts fan was enjoyable last weekend or that we have any chance at a playoff run.

Bears fans largely loved the Cutler trade when it happened. Mainly because he was the best QB they've had in 20 years.

The Bears' management did an awful job rebuilding that defense with young talent, as they just let the great defense they had for most of the past decade or so get old and retire without young depth to fill in the gaps. It's a waste of the offensive talent that they do have to be paired with such a terrible defense that forces them to have to be perfect to even have a shot to win, which isn't what a decent starting QB like Jay Cutler can offer.

Alex Smith is out this week with a spleen injury. Chase Daniel will start against the Chargers.

This hurts the Chiefs' chances as well as the Ravens'. Baltimore needs to win against Cleveland and have the Chiefs beat the Chargers to get in.

Bears fans largely loved the Cutler trade when it happened. Mainly because he was the best QB they've had in 20 years.
Sadly, I will agree with the 2nd part. The 1st... well I don't live in Chicago just a town about 2 1/2 hours south full of fans and where Chicago send their young to party, I mean get an education and was in another one about an hour south getting my Master's when the trade happened. Trust me there were no words of praise involved in that trade mainly it was responses of "here we go again" At least with the 20 something fans.

Destro I would quote you too but multi quote doesn't work on mobile. I agree Cutler is not the boogeyman. He is not the ultimate problem. Hell if anything he's just a shining representation of poor decisions by management. But QBs get the most press, are in the most prominent and visible position, and thus get the most bashing.

All I am saying is the negative view of Cutler is not a new thing. At the very least there was a strong and loud vocal minority from the very beginning. It was burning well before the last few seasons.

Edit: Though everyone was happy as hell that Orton and Grossman weren't the starters anymore, no one I knew felt Cutler was the solution.

I don't know why the 49ers are letting him coach today.

They made a mistake not extending him but the fact that he's leaving for college and not another NFL team has softened the blow for me.

And I'll never have to see a Greg Roman play call ever again which is fine by me.

The roster actually has a lot of young talent considering where they got the last 3 years. Looking very forward to seeing what happens from here.

My god the chargers...would've rather see them get in that b-more. Chargers never applauded a wife beater or lionized a murderer

You say that like every other team wouldn't have supported them if they were on those teams. I guarantee that if Adrian Peterson ever suited up for the Vikings again (or, if he plays for another team and comes in as a visitor), he will be cheered.

Never thought the Chargers would actually lose when I heard Alex Smith was out. Oh, and the Ravens offense finally showed up after disappearing the past few weeks.

I'm not sure what to think about the Ravens if they couldn't destroy a depleted Browns team that is riddled with injuries. At least the first three quarters were sort of fun to watch.

Oh, the Ravens have over achieved no doubt. Their safeties suck, Webb is mediocre at best and the next 5 or 6 DB on the depth chart are injured, both tackles were out, the running game improved over last year, but still suffered bad injuries, and then there's Flacco's Flacco-ness.

Never thought the Chargers would actually lose when I heard Alex Smith was out.
Everyone forgot that the Chargers almost lost in their playoff clinching game last year against an entire second team Chiefs team.

And the Chiefs finish the season without throwing a single touchdown to a wide receiver. Which seemingly strengthens the argument us here in KC have argued for a while now: we need better WRs.

At least Tony Romo wouldn't be able to lose in the first round this year.
That might have been a good zinger if he didn't win the last time they played on Wild Card weekend.

Oh and last I checked Tony Romo has more playoff wins than the Browns have had in their whole existence.

This thread has been very tense this year at times. Craziness. Also, the way I read that was fatman was saying he was the one who was glad Art Modell was dead.

It was weird watching the game today as it looked almost as bad as the Houston game. The offense just didn't really show up until the 4th, while the defense worked their ass off all game doing what they could. I knew not having Ngata these last few weeks would hurt but damn it's been worse than I expected. Skating into the playoffs just barely so I'm happy to see that. Hopefully the Saturday afternoon game is a good one so I can setup shop to watch the game then watch the UFC PPV. Hoping for the Colts or Cowboys to get the late game as I don't care about either of those games.

Hella dumb move for the Niners to fire Harbaugh. Hey Yorks, you're supposed to fire shitty coaches, not good coaches that you have a little trouble getting along with. Find a way to make it work.

Jay Glazer reported early in the season that Harbaugh would be gone even if he won the superbowl. Even with Glazer's reputation I didn't want to believe it but here we are. So the decision to get rid of Harbaugh was made after 3 straight conference title games and a super bowl appearance. Hopefully when we find out the truth about this firing it would be something interesting and not just the Yorks being cheap.

Reminds me of when the Niners got rid of Mariucci. Hopefully it works out better this time.

Everyone forgot that the Chargers almost lost in their playoff clinching game last year against an entire second team Chiefs team.

And the Chiefs finish the season without throwing a single touchdown to a wide receiver. Which seemingly strengthens the argument us here in KC have argued for a while now: we need better WRs.
Too bad players would rather play in Denver if they are going to be in the midwest.... Hey Sanders, You are agreeing to a contract in KC, how bout you come play with Peyton?

nlBV1P5.gif

Hella dumb move for the Niners to fire Harbaugh. Hey Yorks, you're supposed to fire shitty coaches, not good coaches that you have a little trouble getting along with. Find a way to make it work.

Jay Glazer reported early in the season that Harbaugh would be gone even if he won the superbowl. Even with Glazer's reputation I didn't want to believe it but here we are. So the decision to get rid of Harbaugh was made after 3 straight conference title games and a super bowl appearance. Hopefully when we find out the truth about this firing it would be something interesting and not just the Yorks being cheap.

Reminds me of when the Niners got rid of Mariucci. Hopefully it works out better this time.
I hope they fail miserably.

Yea I don't get the 49er thing at all... same reason I find it funny that people give the Broncos a tough time for getting killed in the Superbowl.  You made it there, you made it to where 30 other teams would be happy.  The 9ers made it to three straight NFC championships and a superbowl!  I am sure every other team in the league would love that.  It would be like Seattle firing Carroll after next year if they don't make the playoffs.

DUMB!

I think Chicago is going to hire Shannahan.  It is the only thing that makes sense since Cutler and Marshall were good under him.

bread's done
Back