CAG NHL 09 League 2.0- Opening Day: Play 3 games by Friday, the 24th.

[quote name='jello00']Need more beard!!!

Anyone up for a game? I know it's late for you east coasters, but thought I'd ask.[/quote]

Haha well it's only day 6 for me. I'm sure it's gonna grow a lot more... :)

Im one day into my playoff beard and dosn't like like I have shaved for a week. I have to shave at the first week of may though! Going on a crusie and have to take formal pictures. So I only get a two week beard but it will still look like I have been on survivor for 3 months!

I'll toss some to mister lemiuex on friday. I don't get paid till friday.

I really would love the pens to face the red wings again. This time the pens would win. I can see HOSA cry again! Then I can say.

HA HA!

SCREW YOU HOSA!!!!!!!!

I get pounded in the IGN league 8-0 routinely, those dudes never stop the murdering.

Off to Yankee Stadium... I'll probably be on tonight for a game or two, I might be in the baseball mood still though.

Ill send the new inquiries a PM later tonight.

Park, if you want to take over the Intl. league, it's all yours. If not, I'll get stuff set up sometime Friday or Saturday.

Vulcan, i'm about to hop on once I finish eating, will be on for an 1 and 1/2 or so if anyone else is up for a game tonight

I asked before, but does anyone want to play tomorrow? I actually have no hockey games to attend this weekend. I may be going to movie Friday or Saturday night, but other than that, I'm free.

If I'm on Matt. Hit me up. I should be on around 3 or 4 ish EST.

Well Talon got the first game. Here's hoping i can get at least the second game! lol.

1 minute in and it looks like he has the second game as well. God I suck at this game.

If anyone has anything left to do in the old league for some reason, get it done tommorow. I am going to kick everyone so I can dissolve the league on Saturday (OCD, don't want a dead league in my list.

If anybody wants to play tonight, PM me.
I've already knocked back 4 games (0-4) and its sooo fun.
If I get lots of penalties, its not because I try to be dirty. I just fail :)

Annnd I'm in a Hockey pool and picked the Flames to win it all.

Damn, Good Games Talon. I really didn't think I was gonna come back after that Goal you scored within the first 10 seconds. lol. But The Devils pulled it out some how. Great Games man.

Good games with Vulcan!

Turco vs Brodeur, as is to be expected both games were very low scoring. Game 1 ended in a shootout, with Brad Richards scoring the winning goal. It almost didn't get to the so after Rolston barely missed on a breakaway in the OT

Game 2 started off strong for the stars, as Richards scored after a quick give and goal shortly into the game. Parise tied it up at the 10 minute mark on the powerplay after a shot bounced off Daley and loose into the slot.

With a minute to go in the Second, Parise stole the puck from Zubov after the Stars won the draw in their defensive zone, and fed it to a wide open Zajac in front. Neither team was able to score again after that, and with less than 2 minutes to go Richards took a bad slashing penalty to put the game on ice.

Both games were really good, but the second game the refs really started calling the game tight. Good luck with the rest of the league Vulcan!

[quote name='taloncarde']Good games with Vulcan!

Turco vs Brodeur, as is to be expected both games were very low scoring. Game 1 ended in a shootout, with Brad Richards scoring the winning goal. It almost didn't get to the so after Rolston barely missed on a breakaway in the OT

Game 2 started off strong for the stars, as Richards scored after a quick give and goal shortly into the game. Parise tied it up at the 10 minute mark on the powerplay after a shot bounced off Daley and loose into the slot.

With a minute to go in the Second, Parise stole the puck from Zubov after the Stars won the draw in their defensive zone, and fed it to a wide open Zajac in front. Neither team was able to score again after that, and with less than 2 minutes to go Richards took a bad slashing penalty to put the game on ice.

Both games were really good, but the second game the refs really started calling the game tight. Good luck with the rest of the league Vulcan![/quote]

Nice Write up! They were some good games. I don't think I havn't played a shitty game against a CAG yet besides Park. But you know. Anyways. I should have like maybe half of mine done by tonight lol.

Played a couple good games with WPark earlier tonight. Lost 3-0 in the first one and went down 2 goals after about ten minutes in the second game, but I managed to tie it up in the second. Eventually went to a shootout, and I managed to score with Savard to for the win.

I'm on now, if anyone else wants to play.

ellpollo, by far one of the toughest opponents I've played yet. Your defense the second game was pretty crazy after I got those two goals in. Look forward to seeing you in the playoffs.

How do you check who you've played already in the League? (this is the first league on NHL09 that I've done)

Also, I'm taking a sick day from work and I'll be around all day if anyone wants to play.

[quote name='Wpark83']ellpollo, by far one of the toughest opponents I've played yet. Your defense the second game was pretty crazy after I got those two goals in. Look forward to seeing you in the playoffs.[/quote]

I'll second that... WeavShow is definitely a great player. I got him in game #2 in OT but I had to bust my ass for that win.

Jello, just go check the league stands and next to each player it tells you how many games you have left with each player... 2,1, or 0

for some stupid reason my game freezes sometimes on the loading screen and earlier today my connection wasnt working. silly xbox

[quote name='jello00']for some stupid reason my game freezes sometimes on the loading screen and earlier today my connection wasnt working. silly xbox[/quote]

Try clearing your cache

To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:
  • Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
  • Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
  • Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.
You will see a confirmation message to confirm system maintenance, proceed.

So, Gillums and I played our 2 games earlier. He won the first one on a semi-breakaway in overtime (that's 4 overtime losses in 6 games for me). The second one he was up 2-0 when it started glitching. I ended up scoring, but it took it away because it glitched back in time. He scored again too, and I think it let him keep that one. At any rate, I just quit because it kept acting all screwy. So, that was my first non-overtime loss so far. I'm 1-1-4, which is pretty depressing.

hooray! My xbox is fixed and being shipped back! Im looking forward to spankin you guys 1-0 again! Your mine this time parks! ( For some reason I only beat you when it dosn't count!!!)

Hopefully this league I can get away with more standard wins instead of ot wins!

My bad for not sending anybody a message back. I was really into Mass Effect. But now that I beat it and got both the good and crappy ending's. I'm good to go with some league games during the weekend/weekday

Good to see, I'm set up, and a little rusty; if I could get any worse ;) I'll only be available late for the next week, then the wife goes back to work. Hit me up if you see me.

Captain OBVIOU5

Ok, International league, lottery style, who else is in?

So far:

Vulcan
Talon
Azumanga
Jello
Shady
Matt
Park
Chunky
Destro
Ajh
Captain Obvious

That's off the top of my head, skimmed through the thread real fast, don't think I missed anyone...

What I'll do is assign every member a random number. Then, take the top X number of teams (x to match how many people are in) and then assign them random numbers. Whoever gets matched up with whichever = teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know why we couldn't get connected Shady, after i cleared the cache I was able to get a regular vs game to start. But it was odd we couldn't get a party to start either. Oh well, as you said plenty of time :p

I mentioned this during our games last night, but can anyone play tomorrow evening, as in from 8 Pacific/11 Eastern on? I can't say for sure that I'll be able to get on in the afternoon, and I'll be watching the TNA Wrestling pay-per-view from 5-8 Pacific, but I'd like to get at least one game in on Sunday, if not more.

[quote name='Matt Young']I mentioned this during our games last night, but can anyone play tomorrow evening, as in from 8 Pacific/11 Eastern on? I can't say for sure that I'll be able to get on in the afternoon, and I'll be watching the TNA Wrestling pay-per-view from 5-8 Pacific, but I'd like to get at least one game in on Sunday, if not more.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be available at some point after 11est, Matt. We should be able to give it a go.

For the record, on the international series, if we only have 1 game, how do we decide who is home for the game? I was thinking that either we do something with odds and evens? Or maybe whomever is playing as the "higher" seeded international team is home, Ie, whomever is ranked 1 is always on the road, something like that?

bread's done
Back