CAG NHL 09 League 2.0- Opening Day: Play 3 games by Friday, the 24th.

Vulcan plays good D. i got my first international game in tonight, as Gillum (sp?) challenged me when I hopped on briefly. USA vs Sweden.

First period both teams played strong defensively and pretty clean. Sweden started to get into penalty trouble in the second, and USA put the first point on the board on a PP goal from Liles. Sweden was able to kill off a few more penalties, including a 5 on 3 PP chance to keep the score 1-0

In the 3rd, Gionta had a crazy puck bounce off his stick and off Lidsrom to end up in the goal to make it 2-0. Sweden responded quickly with a goal from Naslund to make it 2-1. Alfredson had a shot with a loose puck in the crease near the end of the game, but couldn't bury it, and USA iced the game on an empty netter to take the win.

I will make Borat proud! Very nice! :)

I'll try to do some league games within the next couple days. Probabaly before Hockey Night on Friday will be the best time.

I'm looking to be on tonight, depending on how long my wife needs to yell at me. Hopefully she tires herself out quick enough so I can get some games in.

Man...had a weird thing happen with Shady where we couldn't connect to play our regular league game, but could connect to play an Int. game. He said it happened with him and Talon too...anyone else run into that kind of problem?

[quote name='Wpark83']Man...had a weird thing happen with Shady where we couldn't connect to play our regular league game, but could connect to play an Int. game. He said it happened with him and Talon too...anyone else run into that kind of problem?[/quote]

The only thing I can think of is that I may of tootsieroll'd myself with being a jackass and choosing Japan. Mooj had to kick me out of the league and then bring me back in and I chose Phoenix. If I remember right, tootsie had the same prolem with connecting to games with others. WPark and I's international game did have a long pause before it went through, but it still player though.

Good games Destro and WPark. I was able to get a seeing eye ground ball to go through the Russian defense with about a minute left as the Kahzies were able to pull the upset ovr the Powerful Russians. Wpark and Austria brought us back to Earth though with a 3-0 drubbing. :)

I love that phrase.. "I tottsieroll'ed myself..." LOL

Shady pulled a Borat and made Russia his bitch, 1-0... Leaving the high-octane Russkie offense with no goals in 2 games. Although I did have twice the shots, faceoff wins, attack time... eisch!

Russia looking like too much vodca in their system.

[quote name='Wpark83']Man...had a weird thing happen with Shady where we couldn't connect to play our regular league game, but could connect to play an Int. game. He said it happened with him and Talon too...anyone else run into that kind of problem?[/quote]

Had similar issue last night when I tried to play the Captain. When we tried to connect on our regular league it would pop up "this game no longer exists" (or something like that) and then when we tried to play an international game it would just get stuck at on the first menu and neither of us could make it say "Ready".

Are the EA servers just crap?

I'll be on later tonight if anyone is on and wants to get a game in. Jello if you want to try again I am game for that. Had a game against Gillums last night, little lagy, but we got through it. Good game Gillums.

[quote name='moojuice']Only I didn't kick you. You left and then I re-invited you. We also played our series no problem, so that's weird...[/quote]

Oh that's right. Well then I have no idea why it doesn't work. I wonder if it has something to do with the stupid roster download showing up everytime you enter a league or the CAG dressing room.

I was out of town Saturday and Sunday night and attending games 6 and 7 of an ECHL playoff series the last two nights. I'm wanting to get in at least a pair with someone today. Who can play at 6 P.M. Eastern, or thereabouts?

I have yard work and the pens tonight. Should be on after 9: 30 though. I hope I can knock some of these games out. Im on vacation next friday

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, well I have to get 3 games in, so I'll play anyone.[/quote]

Hey Matt, if you're still around, I can play you now. Mic is dead though, so I will be a quiet one, haha.

Good game, Nate, though I had hoped we'd play two. You just signed offline. But that was a classic, going down to the wire with Anze Kopitar hitting the game winner in overtime with 40 seconds left.

One thing I am concerned about, however, is the rosters. The last update had things right. This one has Justin Williams as #11 rather than #14 (Koitar is also #11 in game) and I had Jack Johnson and Matt Greene (defensemen) taking faceoffs.

I was hoping to play before the Bulls/Lakers games. I still need 2 more games, but no one is online.

EDIT: [quote name='n8rockerasu']fuck that game[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='Matt Young']EDIT:

What?[/quote]

Kiprusoff played like shit...but your game winner had a slight taste of glitch man. It's not a big deal, but specifically going for that dragging angle shot thing is a bit cheap. I mean, a breakaway is a breakaway, but it felt like a shitty way to end a solid game. With the way the game got tied and the way it ended, I didn't really feel like playing another. Sorry.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm not sure what you're talking about. I wouldn't even know how to do a glitch goal. All I did on the breakaway was wiggle the stick from right to left with very little strategy. I got pissed about your 2nd goal which seemed like a glitch shot, but I didn't say anything because I figured you wouldn't do that on purpose.

Regardless, I hope I won't get kicked from the league tomorrow just because people won't play me.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm not sure what you're talking about. I wouldn't even know how to do a glitch goal. All I did on the breakaway was wiggle the stick from right to left with very little strategy. I got pissed about your 2nd goal which seemed like a glitch shot, but I didn't say anything because I figured you wouldn't do that on purpose.

Regardless, I hope I won't get kicked from the league tomorrow just because people won't play me.[/quote]

You weren't pressing the left trigger at all? There wasn't even a deke or anything. He just did that coasting thing, kinda turned to the side, and then whipped the puck to the upper corner. I don't even think my goalie saw it. I know you weren't trying to do a cheap shot...it was just a lot different than the breakway I had before that, when I tried hopelessly to deke the goalie. But hey, your method worked, so I guess that's what counts.

As for my 2nd goal, that wasn't even close to a glitch. The goalie was just beaten. I didn't mean for the shot to be a slapper, but considering your goalie jumped to the other side of the net, it's not like it mattered. Whatever man. I'm just not satisfied with losing that game. fuck my team for their shitty effort. Kiprusoff sunk to Quick's level. That shit shouldn't happen.

Whoooa, no need to insult Jonathan Quick. And yes, I always hold down the left trigger when I have the puck.

Vulcan, when can you play? Can you play 2 games? I'm watching the Bulls playoff game, but I can catch up on the DVR later.

putting lil' Obvious to bed in a half hour, then Mrs. Obvious will be home, and hopefully too tired to do anything, then it's game time. I'll be on later for anyone to play a few games.

Moo, can you reset the results of my game with Vulcan? I was winning, even, and my power went out for no apparent reason. It just came back on, and I saw that I was charged with a loss.

Sorry about that guys, I must have caught all of you that were online about to join a EASHL game, I tried accepting the party invite Moo but it wouldn't let me connect. Oh well, maybe I can catch some of you guys tomorrow, I will be on randomly through the day (bout to head in for the second night this week, so i'll have my 40 in early)

Played AJH today, 2 very good games. Game one, Thorton was free in the high slot in the middle of the first and slapped one past Turco, and during the second Rob Blake snuck into the crease to slam a power play goal in. The Stars offense started throwing everything they had at Nabakov (Not to sound cocky, but I had some great chances in this game) but couldn't solve him. In the second game, the Sharks defense was spot on, and the Stars passing game was shut down and couldn't make plays and get open ice. Blake scored another PP tally int he second to put the sharks up 1-0, and another shut out win for Nabakov.

trying to play azumanga but I keep getting that stupid connection issue. Is anyone else still having this problem? I also can play any intl league games

Played Moo today, he won the first game 2-0 Lappierre out alone in front, and then on the PP a rebound (don't remember who scored) and yet again, dallas was unable to score

Game 2 Moo had to leave due to RL circumstance, after getting a quick 1-0 lead on a beautiful point shot. Unfortunatley the game counted it as a loss for him. GL moo and hope we meet in the playoffs.

Moo is there any way to reset the play count for players. chunky and I played today he was up 3-2 with two minutes left in the 3rd. He lost his connection and the game gave him the loss.

Matt was kicked? Did he not play his games?

Played an international league game against Destro a little while ago. Everyone's favorite former Soviet satellite, Belarus, got crushed 4-0. Russia put a couple in early, and coasted from there. I had a couple decent looks on one-timers, but missed the net.

Back at home, I played a couple good games against Moo. The first game, I scored a couple times in the second (I think) to break a scoreless tie. Not too much happened after, but I put a couple in near the end to end it with a 4-0 win. In the second game I scored again in the second to take a 1-0 lead, but Moo tied it up in the third. I took the lead with a goal a few minutes later, and then scored an insurance goal on a lucky breakaway, which was also extremely necessary, because Moo scored on his own breakaway with about a minute left. He had a couple more good chances at the end, but I held on for the 3-2 win.

My (lack of) memory for details makes for much less interesting write-ups than the rest of you provide.

I can't reset any games at all. The only option I have is to reset the entire league.

I did not kick Matt, he must have left on his own. It's been funky with everyone's connection issues, so I've been holding off on dealing out warnings. If things don't clear up within a week or two, I'll have to figure something out.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Good Job Shady, we fucked over the league big time by picking Japan! :p[/quote]

Ching Chang Chong!!! :)

Well, Right after I did change though, I played Moo and it worke fine. It just may be some other weird connection thing...The Int'l league has the exact same problem except it kicks on after ten seconds. Weird...

If anyone wants to play a couple game later tonight sen me a pm or messge me if I'm on Live...that is if it can work...

Juiced up Bovine FTW! ;)

bread's done
Back