CAG NHL 09 League 2.0- Opening Day: Play 3 games by Friday, the 24th.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I just felt like blaming it on you mostly :D lol[/quote]

Lol thanks. I feel the love guys...

Four months til NHL 10 comes out...probably...woot.

[quote name='Panther1484']Lol thanks. I feel the love guys...

Four months til NHL 10 comes out...probably...woot.[/quote]

wow seriously? this game has insane replay value then.

[quote name='DestroVega']wow seriously? this game has insane replay value then.[/quote]

Yeah, I was actually just thinking about that the other day. We've been having CAG Hockey Night every single week for 5 months now. In all likelihood, I can see us slowing down once the Finals are over and summer hits. But hopefully NHL 2010 will give us all a good reason to come back in August.

I just hope when NHL 10 comes out, the gameplay is as perfected as the last patch, and the online matchmaking doesn't have the problems it did when 09 first came out.

[quote name='moojuice']If anything, this game has supplied countless inside jokes. Maybe one to many to get exited about.[/QUOTE]

:(
I got to exited.

toexited.jpg

I was playing my first game with WeavShow(elpolloestupendo) and in the middle of the 2nd we lost connection with the score 0-0 but it ended up giving me a 3-0 win in the standings.

How does everyone feel about a league reset? seems like lots of people are getting connection issues, and the only way to solve it would seem to be to restart.

I'll be on to play some games in either league, I've been absent since last week and I want to catch up.

Be on around 9:45pm Central time.

I played AJ in the 2.0 league. Connected without a problem. WTF? :D

Was able to sneak a power play goal behind Nabokov in the first and held on for the 1-0 win.

Also Moo and I played OTP last night and the duo of Van Damme and Segal was dominating. The other team was Under SEige for the first period and it looked like they were heding for a Sudden Death. But they scored fiv goals after that and our stupid AI is to blame. Damn you Pinchbeck!!!

[quote name='Panther1484']Also Moo and I played OTP last night and the duo of Van Damme and Segal was dominating. The other team was Under SEige for the first period and it looked like they were heding for a Sudden Death. But they scored fiv goals after that and our stupid AI is to blame. Damn you Pinchbeck!!![/quote]

Sounds like you guys needed Chuck Norris, haha. :)

[quote name='Panther1484']I played AJ in the 2.0 league. Connected without a problem. WTF? :D

Was able to sneak a power play goal behind Nabokov in the first and held on for the 1-0 win.

Also Moo and I played OTP last night and the duo of Van Damme and Segal was dominating. The other team was Under SEige for the first period and it looked like they were heding for a Sudden Death. But they scored fiv goals after that and our stupid AI is to blame. Damn you Pinchbeck!!![/quote]

Nice name drops. I like it lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Sounds like you guys needed Chuck Norris, haha. :)[/quote]

or Bruce Li! (Yes, there was a Bruce Li. Go look it up! :D)

Id like a reset but Im only like 6 games in. chunky, and moo both had droped games with me.

another problem is im gone all next week so I will behind again

I have almost 20 games done. I'm the wrong person to vote but if people CANT connect, I guess what else can we do?

I think I've got like 14 games played. If a restart is neccessary, I understand. I'm just not totally sure why we think it would help anything. I mean, do we have any evidence that the league set up is even the cause? Those of you who have had trouble connecting...try playing a quick game against each other. See if it makes any difference. In less than two weeks, I'm going to NYC for a week. When I get back, UFC 2009 will be out. I can't say how interested I'd be in doing a fresh league at that point. Like Destro said though, if this league is truly broken, there's not much else you can do.

Looks like we are staying as is then.

I'll probably be in and out after next week. Finals and graduation (oh noes, real life yo) are probably gonna take up a good chunk of my time.

I had a game where I was up with 2 minutes left, and I got a loss because it was dropped. I would love to have that one back, but I don't think a reset is the right solution.

If we're having problems now, I think we'll have the same problems in the new league if we reset. I say we just keep going, and hopefully the dropped games won't have a huge effect on the outcome. We can always improvise the playoffs if we need to.

Played 2 games with Weavshow in the 2.0 tonight Game 1 was one of those frustrating games where it seemed like everything was a penalty against me, the first and second period felt like I was always on the PK. Weav scored after a 3 minute 5 on 3 was killed, and Thomas shut me down all game. I had a good spurt of offense in the 3rd, but couldn't put anything past him. Game 2 started out I felt like the Stars were skating a lil faster, and we took a quick 1-0 lead on an Erikson put back. Weav tied the lead soon after. During the second, Morrison put in a pretty PP goal to give the Stars another lead, and Lehtinen chipped in a goal to increase the lead by 2. The defense gave one away in front of Turco bringing it to 3-2, but an Empty Netter was scored for a 4-2 final. After that, I played Vulcan in the INTL league, the speedy russian snipers were too much for me, and after getting a quick 2-0 lead I felt like I was playing catch up and trying to keep him out of my zone, and Russia walked away with a victory. Good games everyone tonight!

I'll be online as well. Send me a message on live if you want to play some TING! Its the wifeys american idol night...which mean video game night for me =)

I'll be on tonight. If you see me and you want to play just send me a message on xbl, even if I'm playing something else. I just finished a season in NHL09 so I'm putting it down for a bit and playing some other games in my backlog. But I still want to play the league games, so hit me up if I'm on.

ADD post time...

I haven't had any connection issues, but there was a lot of console freezing when I tried playing ajh.

Woo, finally got that freaking streaker achievement today. Had to play against a cross creasing Penguins team, but managed to pull it off months later.

And finally, a sweet shootout move that I finally pulled off after many, many failed attempts as well. (sorry Destro, not trying to pick on you or anything, our games just always go down to the wire and leave great highlight material)
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5362759

That streak achievement is a pain. (especially with some of the people out there who play!) I was bored one night and tried to go for the cheese where you play goalie in a ranked game. First game was against a guy that apparently knew that if you go behind the goal at just the right spot the "goalie" view flips out because you can't see them, so by the time I adjusted I'd already let 5 in. Then played another guy, I was winning with a shut out after 2, and I swear he just let up so I could get both the win as a goalie and the shut out. (I returned the favor against someone playing goal once too, just in case) Got to play my international game with Moo last night, very close game with a lot of back and forth action. I had a couple of breakaways I couldn't put home. We got into overtime, 0-0. Lunquist made the save but the puck was loose at his feet, Lidstrom went to clear the puck, but ended up putting it into the goal instead. Sorry I didn't get to stay on for our game Jello, my xbox froze up and I needed to get to sleep anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Panther1484']Another reason to buy NHL 010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4143432

Does this mean I have to file bankruptcy in the Cag league and have an all out fire sale? :)

And Hamilton Coyotes sounds better then Utah Jazz![/quote]

Wow, that's good news! Even as an American citizen, it was just depressing seeing all the teams move away from Canada. I'm all for expanding the sport, but taking teams away from hockey hotbeds is not the way to do it. Hockey out in the desert was a really stupid idea. Are the people in Phoenix even going to notice?

[quote name='Panther1484']Another reason to buy NHL 010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4143432

Does this mean I have to file bankruptcy in the Cag league and have an all out fire sale? :)

And Hamilton Coyotes sounds better then Utah Jazz![/quote]

First of all, it's not good news for those of us in Phoenix and were able to experience the game of hockey because of the Phoenix Coyotes. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have played hockey, or made the life long friends I did. My life would be completely different today. Canada has enough hockey, let us have ours.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, that's good news! Even as an American citizen, it was just depressing seeing all the teams move away from Canada. I'm all for expanding the sport, but taking teams away from hockey hotbeds is not the way to do it. Hockey out in the desert was a really stupid idea. Are the people in Phoenix even going to notice?[/quote]

Are we going to notice? That's insensitive. How would you feel if the team you grew up with and watched every game of every season was going to move away? Trust me, we notice. We know how bad this team is and yet we still follow them. The fans down here live and breathe the sport through the Coyotes. Hockey in the desert was NOT a bad idea. The NHL needs to expand to markets like Phoenix or else the NHL as a league will ultimately diminish in terms of fan base.

Put yourself in our shoes and then try and say what you did. You should be ashamed and so should anyone else who thinks the Coyotes should move. Real fans, no matter the team, have given their condolences on other hockey boards around the net. Those people are true fans of the game and don't want to see a team be moved.

You'll still have the Phoenix Roadrunners. You can enjoy watching them lose game after game to the Ontario Reign. :) The Coyotes wouldn't be the first thing Phoenix has lost to Ontario (albeit the city, not the province).

[quote name='Pck21']Are we going to notice? That's insensitive. How would you feel if the team you grew up with and watched every game of every season was going to move away? Trust me, we notice. We know how bad this team is and yet we still follow them. The fans down here live and breathe the sport through the Coyotes. Hockey in the desert was NOT a bad idea. The NHL needs to expand to markets like Phoenix or else the NHL as a league will ultimately diminish in terms of fan base.

Put yourself in our shoes and then try and say what you did. You should be ashamed and so should anyone else who thinks the Coyotes should move. Real fans, no matter the team, have given their condolences on other hockey boards around the net. Those people are true fans of the game and don't want to see a team be moved.[/quote]

Dude, you're way too emotionally invested in the situation to see the cold hard facts. Most of the NHL teams located in the southern part of the United States have been struggling severely with attendance. The freaking Carolina Hurricanes (my local team) won a Stanley Cup and nobody cared. And when I say "nobody", I'm not talking about a couple hundred die hard hockey fans (most likely northern transplants), but the majority of the state that these teams rely on to sell merchandise to.

It's cool that you were exposed to hockey because of the Coyotes, but look at their attendance. The majority of your state doesn't feel the same way. If you love hockey that much, move somewhere where it's appreciated a little more.

I feel the same way about baseball, which is why I don't plan on living in North Carolina much longer. The people here actually voted against a 0.5% increase in taxes on prepared foods to fund a new stadium to get the Twins to move here. I can't blame them for not wanting to come. The people here just don't give a shit about baseball. Just as the people in AZ don't give a shit about hockey (as proven by the attendance figures). It's just business.

To be honest, your opinion is pretty damn selfish (although I understand your sentiment...like I said, I'm not attached like you are). I care more for the wellbeing of the NHL than one particular team. What the NHL does need to realize is that some markets just won't care about hockey no matter how hard you push (why do you think soccer hasn't caught on in the US?). If putting a struggling franchise back in Canada helps the league prosper and flourish, I'm all for it. Now tell me who the real fan is.

PCK,

It sounds like you're obviously invested in this franchise, but there clearly aren't enough people like you. It does suck, but I live in Utah, and the only professional franchise we have here is the Jazz. I would kill for a pro hockey, or especially a pro baseball team, but them's the breaks. It sucks, but you should just be happy that yous still have a football, baseball, and basketball team.

[quote name='Matt Young']Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get the Twins. What an abomination of a professional sports franchise.[/quote]

The Twins started doing really well right after that vote though (and beat out your White Sox a couple times I think ;)). That's why they're getting a new ballpark in Minneapolis now. Besides, I would have only been using them to go see Yankee games anyway. Still, the point stands. You can't make people care about what they have little interest in. I've always said, if the tax increase had been for another NASCAR track, these rednecks would have signed their 2nd born child away.

Also, Mormons don't need professional sports because they can just get all their wives to put on their own private sporting event. How do you think the WNBA got started? ;)

Obviously, I'm joking. I enjoy stereotype jokes because, usually, they're the most ridiculous, and therefore are easier to brush off.
For anybody who wasn't at our hockey night last week, you missed some amazing dialogue! :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Also, Mormons don't need professional sports because they can just get all their wives to put on their own private sporting event.[/quote]

No joking, there's this polygamist family that lives right next to the freeway here. I don't know how they get away with it, because it's well known that they're polygamists, and that is against the law, but whatever.

At any rate, they have a baseball diamond and volleyball courts in their yard, and I see them out there when I drive by sometimes, and they are able to fill 2 full baseball teams with the wives and the kids and the what not. I can't decide if it makes me disgusted or jealous.

bread's done
Back