CAG NHL 09 League 2.0- Opening Day: Play 3 games by Friday, the 24th.

[quote name='Panther1484']Another reason to buy NHL 010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4143432

Does this mean I have to file bankruptcy in the Cag league and have an all out fire sale? :)

And Hamilton Coyotes sounds better then Utah Jazz![/quote]

that's bullshit... if a team moves anywhere I want it to be Hartford.... BRING BACK THE WHALE!

I feel for you Coyotes fan... I watched the final Whalers game in the top of the arena with my crying then-girlfriend as her "boyfriend" Geoff Sanderson was waving his final goodbye... I hate that my team left, it bothers me almost everyday when it pops into my head. I would have season tickets currently if they were still here.... I hate it.

N8, send the Canes back.... the situation is that much worse that they could have won a cup in CT and not down there. At least there were a lot of diehards in Hartford

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Dude, you're way too emotionally invested in the situation to see the cold hard facts. Most of the NHL teams located in the southern part of the United States have been struggling severely with attendance. The freaking Carolina Hurricanes (my local team) won a Stanley Cup and nobody cared. And when I say "nobody", I'm not talking about a couple hundred die hard hockey fans (most likely northern transplants), but the majority of the state that these teams rely on to sell merchandise to.

It's cool that you were exposed to hockey because of the Coyotes, but look at their attendance. The majority of your state doesn't feel the same way. If you love hockey that much, move somewhere where it's appreciated a little more.

I feel the same way about baseball, which is why I don't plan on living in North Carolina much longer. The people here actually voted against a 0.5% increase in taxes on prepared foods to fund a new stadium to get the Twins to move here. I can't blame them for not wanting to come. The people here just don't give a shit about baseball. Just as the people in AZ don't give a shit about hockey (as proven by the attendance figures). It's just business.

To be honest, your opinion is pretty damn selfish (although I understand your sentiment...like I said, I'm not attached like you are). I care more for the wellbeing of the NHL than one particular team. What the NHL does need to realize is that some markets just won't care about hockey no matter how hard you push (why do you think soccer hasn't caught on in the US?). If putting a struggling franchise back in Canada helps the league prosper and flourish, I'm all for it. Now tell me who the real fan is.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help that the Coyotes suck. Its not just a location thing, if the team sucks long enough people stop caring even if they play well. The Atlanta Hawks have been a playoff team for a couple seasons and they bring in little more people than the Thrashers who suck. People just got tired of the Hawks sucking for so long and decided not to care. People are now getting tired of the Thrashers sucking and their shitty management that attendance is going down.

[quote name='DestroVega']N8, send the Canes back.... the situation is that much worse that they could have won a cup in CT and not down there. At least there were a lot of diehards in Hartford[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I'll get right on that. I don't know, I thought the NHL went a little overboard with its southern expansion a few years ago. It just seems like they were pushing hockey too hard in places that didn't have the environment to support it.

There have already been a lot of articles written about why hockey has a hard time catching on with kids, since the equipment is so expensive. But when you don't even live in a place that gets cold enough to play pond hockey, or buy one of those "build your own rink" things, it just gets worse. That's why basketball is so popular in poor neighborhoods. All you need is a ball and a rim.

[quote name='SeanAmI']It doesn't help that the Coyotes suck. Its not just a location thing, if the team sucks long enough people stop caring even if they play well. The Atlanta Hawks have been a playoff team for a couple seasons and they bring in little more people than the Thrashers who suck. People just got tired of the Hawks sucking for so long and decided not to care. People are now getting tired of the Thrashers sucking and their shitty management that attendance is going down.[/quote]

I think you could argue that rising ticket costs help contribute to that too. Last I checked, NBA and NFL ticket prices were crazy...even for nosebleed seats. Not that the NHL is much better, but it's a road too many leagues/franchises are going down. That's why I'm really disappointed with the new Yankee Stadium.

They did a decent job maintaining a similar price for the cheap seats (bleachers went from $12 to $14), but front row seats are like $2,650 a ticket now...and they've been empty pretty much every game, so far. The only people buying the seats are suits who can't be bothered to cheer, and leave by the 6th inning. It's pathetic. You get the feeling that professional sports has lost perspective of why they were created in the first place.

The Whale needs to be brought back. So they can make Mallrats 2 and have some kind of reference to them.

That's def. one of my favorite video game spot in any movie.

"Breakfast, Schmeakfast... Breakfasts'es come and go, but Hartford... the WHALE?... they only beat Vancouver, what.... once.... TWICE a lifetime?"

I actually like the Whale reference in Chasing Amy better... I won't post it now, don't wanna throw out too many dirty words.

Got an international game in tonight against AJH, Sweeden vs Norway. Sweeden got a lead in the first with about 5 minutes to go when Naslund put in a goal on a delayed penalty situation. Sweeden got 2 more in the first, with Sundin and then Franzen at the very end of the first. Sweeden made it a 4 goal lead in the second. Norway played hard the whole way, and had some great shots, finally put one in a the end of the 3rd. Good game all around! For those of you who played through dynasty/seasons offline, does it seem like it's ridicioulosly hard? I'm on the second hardest setting, and in 5 games only scored 2 goals, and i'm just getting mauled. I might drop it down a level, but that might make it too easy, just wondering if there is a good balance.

if you guys see me on a different game just pm me. I have been trying to knock out some backlog. So hockey is taking a back seat. Not unless you send me a message to play =)

Sorry for bailing during the league....But it became a common goal to drop this one while we could still get something for it and just wait it out to 10.

I did still want a peice of parks though. Damn! Well at least gilliums got some games in with me!

Peace out guys. See ya in 4 months. Work hard during this off season. I want everybody back here in tip top shape for out next run!

[quote name='kylerg']This game is ridiculous. I can't get a match without quitters..in the lobby.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it happens quite a bit. Fortunately, people rarely quit actual games.

I haven't played in over a month, but as one of the few CAGs who still owns this game, I'll play with you sometime if you want.

I just hope the Wings win tonight so I can take a weekend road trip to see games 1 and 2 in Detroit.

I really want the Pens to win but I think the Wings just have too much for them to handle. The Wings seem to be able to adapt to whatever playing style they need to to win. Just watch the Pens have been getting over 40 shots a game on a regular basis but I bet the Wings hold them to 20-25 every game.

[quote name='tigerthecat']is the leauge still on if so can i join?[/QUOTE]

Well, the NHL 09 league and team have been retired for now. Pretty much everyone is looking forward to NHL 10 coming out next month. If you're interested in either for the next intallment of the NHL franchise, I'm sure there will be a post about it closer to the 15th.

[quote name='Panther1484']Well, the NHL 09 league and team have been retired for now. Pretty much everyone is looking forward to NHL 10 coming out next month. If you're interested in either for the next intallment of the NHL franchise, I'm sure there will be a post about it closer to the 15th.[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote name='tigerthecat']:([/QUOTE]

Are you serious? What did you think your chances were bumping a thread that hasn't had a post in 3 months? NHL10 comes out in 2 weeks, dude. If you just got NHL09 because it's finally cheap, I understand your plight. But your expectations are a little out of whack.

Is it a bug that it isn't tracking my BAP offline right? Earlier it said I had nearly 50 games played..now it says like 20.

[quote name='kylerg']Is it a bug that it isn't tracking my BAP offline right? Earlier it said I had nearly 50 games played..now it says like 20.[/QUOTE]

Did you accidentally save over your settings/profile? I'm pretty sure that will reset your offline games played.

I save over my profile while playing. I turn off with like 50-60 games played. Then the next time I turn on the Xbox it says 22 games played.

bread's done
Back