CAG PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Night [On Indefinite Hold]

[quote name='hone']has the population gone down since 4 moths ago?[/quote]

It has. But at least now you can actually play on the Midway servers. Before I kept getting error codes and failed join sessions, but since the last update it fixed all those problems.

I wish a CAG night would have started when the game first came out, but oh well. I've been playing on and off since it was released.

CAG night was a lot of fun. Maybe after a couple weeks we can vote on the best maps to play in and just have our sessions include those (and by voting in game). The talking in this game sucks because you have to hold down directional button. Is there open mic in this game? Once we get a good number of people going and dedicated we should move to TD and VCTF.

[quote name='hone']has the population gone down since 4 months ago?[/quote]

It bottomed out around the end of February but has spiked again since the patch came out a few weeks ago.

[quote name='Blackout542']The talking in this game sucks because you have to hold down directional button. Is there open mic in this game? Once we get a good number of people going and dedicated we should move to TD and VCTF.[/quote]

There's no open mic that I'm aware of, but I suggest re-mapping the push-to-talk button the the left trigger...makes it a lot easier to express yourself while running/shooting/dying.

I loves me some VCTF, especially the Suspense map. So fucking good.

Sweet SB is going to be fragging out with us!

I get terrible ping on the midway servers. I wish I could host ps3 servers using linux binaries on the pc. I'd easily pay a few bucks a month for good hosting if it came to that.

Yeah, it would have been nice if CAG night was around earlier. I definitely would have jumped aboard much sooner. Well, at least it's underway now. It was definitely a ton of fun playing on Monday. I really can't wait for next Monday. If it becomes popular it might be worth while to have a dm night and a team something night like ctf/tdm/warfare. Though I guess I'd opt for ctf/vctf over tdm.

Crossplatform play would be really cool, but I doubt that's actually going to happen in a future patch

If you guys have suggestions for maps or what not for next week by all means list them and I'll put them up in the rotation. I didn't realize it was voting style, but I guess I'll probably just include all the official maps then and let voters choose. I thought the maps I picked were pretty good for the size we got. First map was 2-6 and then the rest were 4-8 minus morbias. Though I did enjoy a final map on Morbias. I think this coming week will stay a no user content week as we're still under way and I'm sure new people who want to get in won't want to go through the hassle of getting extra content. I really can't wait to play on the Fragpipe or Campgrounds or Tokay's. Those maps bring back great memories.

Do we still want to stick to dm for next week? I'm thinking it's probably a good idea just to go at least another week of dm. We could do tdm, but I'm thinking since it's not totally stable yet dm is probably the best bet. Also, why I'm cautious to do ctf. 1v1 ctf or 2v1 ctf can't be too much fun, but 3 player dm is still a good time given a good map. If you guys really want to do CTF/TDM though instead, I'll make it happen.

At least I realized we don't need to pad with bots which is a relief.

I will be joining this next round as well. Even though i'm not too great at UT3, i love the hell out of it. Just let me know how I join and ill be there to destroy....probably myself.

I just picked this game up on Ebay, so count me in for a future Monday. Obviously, probably not THIS Monday since the shipping gods would really have to be with me.

PSN: Jasonofindy

sweet! looks like the ut3 ranks are really swelling up. We definitely have enough to do ctf/vctf if not warfare in the near future.

I'm not sure if I'll be playing on Monday, but regardless I will host the server. It will be dedicated if I'm not playing to improve performance. I'm still thinking dm for the second night and if I'm not there if tuna or something can get me a player list and a report on how it went that'd be awesome. The map rotation list will be the full official map listing since it's votable.

I might not be playing either, lol. I will be going to a GTA 4 midnight launch and might leave around 8 to hang with friends and get something to eat. I'll see though. Regardless, it's nice to see people actually showing up.

I think this week may be hard for UT3, but next week most everyone will probably show again. GTAIV will get the Tuesday slot next week and Sunday throughout.

The website says my UTIII should be with me tomorrow. Hopefully it does. I'm also tempted to stay up for the GTA thing, but we'll see. I gotta get up @ 6 the next day for work so ....

I'll be there for sure. Now that I have a little Campaign under my belt and know the controls a bit better, I'll be a little more competent than I would have been last time.

I actually caught Hone online and we played some public Campaign (sorry I had to bail dude, it was 1:30am where I am and I had to work the next day). Good times.

[quote name='silks']I'll be there for sure. Now that I have a little Campaign under my belt and know the controls a bit better, I'll be a little more competent than I would have been last time.

I actually caught Hone online and we played some public Campaign (sorry I had to bail dude, it was 1:30am where I am and I had to work the next day). Good times.[/quote]

yeah np dude. I'd be up for more campaigning later if you want. I want to beat the game =D

[quote name='hone']yeah np dude. I'd be up for more campaigning later if you want. I want to beat the game =D[/quote]

Yeah, I started playing Campaign on my own and got about 8 missions deep. Fun stuff, but playing it on Normal is pretty darn easy.

I just found this thread. I bought UTIII when it came out and have hardly played it mostly because I can't find good matches. I'm totally up for this, but a couple problems. Mondays at 9 p.m. ET is 10 a.m. here in Japan for me, so I'm at work on Tuesday. I actually have the day off this Tuesday, BUT GTA4 comes out and I can't not play that. IF I end up not being able to buy it, which is very possible, I'll jump on and try to play with you guys. If not, maybe some other time.

Either way, add me. My PSN is:

el_lobo

Holla for any game. UT3, COD4, GTA4, Warhawk, and maybe even Resistance and Skate...

cool, well we'd love to have you. What times work well for you? There's a few people who can't make the Monday time. I'll talk to TMK about a second night if it's feasible/possible and how many people are interested/willing to play especially in light of GTA4 coming out.

I am not going to be able to make it tonight, have a work function...d'oh. Hopefully next week, unless GTA just takes over my life...

[quote name='jman619']Only 4 people this saddens me. It was fun though ;)[/quote]

If by "fun" you mean "constantly getting pummeled by a rocket launcher", yeah...it was fun! :D

Sorry I had to hop out so abruptly...I was being lured away by the promise of pizza and GTA4!

yeah I came in late at 10 pm and it was only jman and sb left :( You have to search under Deathmatch for the server by the name of CAG Thomas96. I'll add on you my buddy list and send you an invite next week?

[quote name='bmachine']If by "fun" you mean "constantly getting pummeled by a rocket launcher", yeah...it was fun! :D

Sorry I had to hop out so abruptly...I was being lured away by the promise of pizza and GTA4![/quote]

Haha didn't you like getting pummeled by a rocket launcher?

Don't you guys have headsets? The meandering conversations were some of the best parts of our Burnout nights!

[quote name='jman619']Haha didn't you like getting pummeled by a rocket launcher?[/quote]

Loved it. It's one of my most favorite things. :)

[quote name='bmachine']Don't you guys have headsets? The meandering conversations were some of the best parts of our Burnout nights![/quote]

Couldn't figure out how to getting working. Then I did and you left exactly 1.4 seconds afterwards.

I'll be talking next week. Hopefully.

[quote name='hone']cool, well we'd love to have you. What times work well for you? There's a few people who can't make the Monday time. I'll talk to TMK about a second night if it's feasible/possible and how many people are interested/willing to play especially in light of GTA4 coming out.[/QUOTE]As long as it isn't Friday and Sunday, I can squeeze in another night within a night (if it was Saturday, I'd put it around CoD4 night).

attendance this week was much lower as expected. Sorry for being late guys. Re: Thomas96, I'll post instructions on how to connect to the server, sorry for not doing that sooner. I guess it was a bad assumption that everyone knew how to. I second randy's notion for a more social UT3 night. You have to press I think down to talk. It's push to talk versus voice activated. Again, thanks for everyone who showed.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']As long as it isn't Friday and Sunday, I can squeeze in another night within a night (if it was Saturday, I'd put it around CoD4 night).[/quote]

Isn't Saturday worse than Friday due to COD4 + Warhawk?

[quote name='hone']I second randy's notion for a more social UT3 night. You have to press I think down to talk. It's push to talk versus voice activated. Again, thanks for everyone who showed.[/quote]

The PTT function is actually set to the right quadrant of the d-pad by default. I remapped it to the left trigger and it's much easier to run-and-gun-and-chat.

[quote name='hone']Isn't Saturday worse than Friday due to COD4 + Warhawk?[/QUOTE]I sometimes will insert a game before CoD4 night, and from the looks of it, I don't see many Warhawk people playing UT3 (and some don't even play CoD4 with us, only some), so I'd consider before CoD4 (like at 6 or 7 pm EST or so, on a Saturday.

Some time slots I'm thinking are:
-Have UT3 and GTAIV share Tuesday together as secondary games.
-Let UT3 have the Wednesday slot (along with HSG: OoB and other games)
-Let UT3 share Burnout time slot.
-Let UT3 be played some time on Saturday, probably before CoD4.
-Let UT3 be played on Sunday, probably before GTAIV.

Regardless, we'll find a way to get it integrated, but thanks to good interests, I think it will work out.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I sometimes will insert a game before CoD4 night, and from the looks of it, I don't see many Warhawk people playing UT3 (and some don't even play CoD4 with us, only some), so I'd consider before CoD4 (like at 6 or 7 pm EST or so, on a Saturday.

Some time slots I'm thinking are:
-Have UT3 and GTAIV share Tuesday together as secondary games.
-Let UT3 have the Wednesday slot (along with HSG: OoB and other games)
-Let UT3 share Burnout time slot.
-Let UT3 be played some time on Saturday, probably before CoD4.
-Let UT3 be played on Sunday, probably before GTAIV.

Regardless, we'll find a way to get it integrated, but thanks to good interests, I think it will work out.[/quote]

I think a handful of people who play UT3 picked up GTA4 tonight, hence the low turnout among other things today. Plus two days in a row might not be the best idea? Though, I guess warhwak does Fri/Sat. Burnout has been pretty quiet lately. I know Projekt2501 wanted a weekend night, so maybe early on Saturday/Sunday would work. My weekends are generally hectic though.

First day I've been able to play during the day, and it isn't working. I signed in normal then I go and try to play it. It says I need to be connected no shit I am connected. So I sign out, and then go to the game, and sign in through the game. Yet again it says the very same thing it is really starting to piss me off.

Since Burnout is pretty much on-hold at the moment I recommend moving/adding thursday night.

Any game that goes up against GTA will lose, which sadly will be most nights for the forseeable future.

I'll give UT3 to Thursday, and if people rather have Saturday early, I will switch.

Well, what I can do maybe is still occasionally have Burnout, when the time comes around, but have both games at once going and/or separate them by at least an hour.

I'll make it work, just need to know what day.

Only thing changing is when MGO comes out, Warhawk or CoD4 will get moved to a weekday night.

I'll be in on the next CAG night. I was picking up GTA 4, sorry I missed it.

UT3 is being affected by the GTA4 load problem since you can't get on as well. Damn gamespy. I just want my server list damnit.

bread's done
Back