CAG PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Night [On Indefinite Hold]

server locked up again. Gonna try Team Death match like suggested

That was fun. Though we should have at least eight dedicated UT3 players so there's enough people for team games. Some of those maps are too big for just the four that usually show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathmatch was a nice change of pace...run and gun! And we actually had 4 players on the same goddamn team with headsets!

I would love a little VCTF one of these nights.

Lets do VCTF next week. It's going to be my last week so lets make it count. Once next week is over, I can only donate my PS3 as a server for you all to play. I have class from 6:30 to 9:30 on Thursday.

[quote name='Paco']Lets do VCTF next week. It's going to be my last week so lets make it count. Once next week is over, I can only donate my PS3 as a server for you all to play. I have class from 6:30 to 9:30 on Thursday.[/quote]

We could consider moving it to another night, since there's only 3-4 of us that do it regularly anyway.

It'd be fun to do some Warfare sometime. I might even suggest we put CAGs on one team against bots, just to ensure we have everyone on our team that we want. I used to play CTF in Perfect Dark with my friends against bots and it was hella fun, and made up for the split-screen problems that come when you're playing against other players.

Starting next week I can start getting back into it. My splint will be removed permanently and I can get back to regular gaming.

hey guys, I should be back in 2 weeks'sh. Glad to see things are still going. Thanks Paco for holding the fort. If you still want to run things when I get back I'm fine with that. We can move game nights as well.

Hey everybody. How does this sound for Thursday's game

Vehicle Capture the flag
Jetpacks
Can hold the flag WHILE driving a vehicle "can make things a lot more tense"
Auto Health 1x and 2x for 3 health per sec that you aren't attacked

I'm also thinking of a bighead mode where the more you die, the bigger you become and thus become an easier target. How does that sit with everyone?

Oh man this is aweseome, I have been looking for people who are dedicated to play one of my most favorite games. I wish I knew about this website a long time ago. I would of been more of a regular here. I want to play in this UT3 night. But I wont be able to play for a week and half, for I will be Hawaii. When I come back I will most certianly play. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

[quote name='Paco']Hey everybody. How does this sound for Thursday's game

Vehicle Capture the flag
Jetpacks
Can hold the flag WHILE driving a vehicle "can make things a lot more tense"
Auto Health 1x and 2x for 3 health per sec that you aren't attacked

I'm also thinking of a bighead mode where the more you die, the bigger you become and thus become an easier target. How does that sit with everyone?[/quote]

You had me at "vehicle capture the flag". ;)

If we're going to play against non-CAGs, is there a setting somewhere to insure that all of us are on the same team?

[quote name='bmachine']
If we're going to play against non-CAGs, is there a setting somewhere to insure that all of us are on the same team?[/quote]

This.

So many random dudes show up that are annoying for various reasons. it's nice to have numbers, but when 1 player gets isolated on a team full of non-CAGs it's not much different than just joining a random server game.

Paco, I don't know about the big-headed thing, it sounds like it could get a little out of hand! Seems more suited for a LAN party once all the main gaming is done and people are bored and want to have stupid fun ;)

A few of those people are my friends who also have Unreal Tournament 3. I'd say at least 2-3 of the joiners are my friends since we only have about 4-5 people who play UT3. And for quickness reasons, everybody download the novehiclelocks and Jetpack mutator from www.ut3mod.com.

Bump. Remember to download those mods before hand. If you don't, you download them from me and cause lag for about 20-30 seconds.

Thanks. So this is the mod setup tonight

Auto Health 1x
Auto Health 2x
PCSpeed
NoVehicle Locks
Jetpacks

and a SURPRISE tossup!

Sorry I didn't make it. I had mad errands to run for work and a student group I run (although I'm no longer a student), and then had to cook a ton.

Next week!

[quote name='johnnypark']Next week![/quote]

Next Thursday is Obama's nomination acceptance speech at the DNC and I'm planning a little celebration at my place. :bouncy:

So...probably no Unreal for me next week.

Hmm... I might actually watch that. I generally care quite a bit about politics, but usually just read the news and don't watch anything on tv/online, even the debates.

That, and I know I'd never, ever vote Republican, even if you paid me, so I get less wrapped up in the process, and just go out on voting day :)

Glad to hear you're an Obama supporter, Randy. If you weren't... well, lets just say there'd by a rocket with your name on it, same team or not :)

[quote name='johnnypark']Hmm... I might actually watch that. I generally care quite a bit about politics, but usually just read the news and don't watch anything on tv/online, even the debates.

That, and I know I'd never, ever vote Republican, even if you paid me, so I get less wrapped up in the process, and just go out on voting day :)

Glad to hear you're an Obama supporter, Randy. If you weren't... well, lets just say there'd by a rocket with your name on it, same team or not :)[/quote]

I get most of my news from blogs...oh, and Stephen Colbert, John Stewart, Bill Maher, and Keith Olbermann. After the Bushies got a free pass on the post-Katrina debacle I haven't been able to tolerate much corporate news.

If it ever comes down to paying people for votes I'm sure the Republicans will be the first to stand next to the voting booth with a checkbook. ;)

We should start a "Rockets for Obama" campaign! If you're anywhere near Poughkeepsie, NY on Thursday night you're welcome to stop in for chips and dips...and maybe a tiny bit 'o self-righteous liberal elitism!

Paco said this past thursday was his last night since he had something coming up. So shouldn't we move it to a diff day or what? I don't want unreal night to die a slow, and painful death...:cry:

[quote name='jman619']Paco said this past thursday was his last night since he had something coming up. So shouldn't we move it to a diff day or what? I don't want unreal night to die a slow, and painful death...:cry:[/quote]

Me, either!

When Hone used to host we played on Monday nights, right? I always thought that was a good time. What do you guys think?

Monday would be fine. I have class on Thursday from 6 to 9:30 pm so there's no way I can make any more thursday games. A monday game would be great though.

we can do it today. I love having the unreal tournament games. Though I hope that epic releases the original Unreal Tournament games on PSN for about 10-15 dollar downloads with full mod support.

i have a commitment for tonight but I'll hop on if I get home early enough. Should've thought of that before I suggested Monday! :)

How 'bout the other regulars and semi-regulars? Matt, Brit, jp, Thomas, et al? Does Monday work for you guys?

[quote name='bmachine']i have a commitment for tonight but I'll hop on if I get home early enough. Should've thought of that before I suggested Monday! :)

How 'bout the other regulars and semi-regulars? Matt, Brit, jp, Thomas, et al? Does Monday work for you guys?[/quote]

I think so. I don't know if I'll make it tonight, I have a lot to do and feel like crap, but generally speaking it's fine, especially if it keeps Paco in the game.

Oh, and Randy, you're in Poughkeepsie? Do you know a girl named Ellen doing an internship in DC? Haha, it's a long shot, but you never know :)

i just picked this up, havent even taken it out of the case.
id like to join you guys if you dont mind having someone who doesnt know anything about the game.
feel free to add/message me. ill check here to try and make it monday it sounds like.

[quote name='johnnypark']Oh, and Randy, you're in Poughkeepsie? Do you know a girl named Ellen doing an internship in DC? Haha, it's a long shot, but you never know :)[/quote]

I don't know any Poughkeepsie-based Ellens...I moved to NY for a promotion not too long ago so I don't have many social connections here. Friend of yours?

[quote name='hone']hey guys, I'd be up for monday nights well depending on classes. I haven't picked them yet.[/quote]

It'll be nice to have you back in the mix, Hone.

[quote name='jman619']What happened to last monday night. No one was around I ended up playing Soul Calibur 4... lol[/quote]

I was out until after midnight so I didn't even bother checking to see if anyone was still playing. This Monday might be a wash for me, too...I may be hosting a little Labor Day cookout.

[quote name='paz9x']id like to join you guys if you dont mind having someone who doesnt know anything about the game.[/quote]

That hasn't stopped any of us from playing. ;)

I'll send you a friend request.

oh forgot labor day is this monday. I might not be able to make it. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things though. I missed cag'n and frag'n with you guys :(

well i put it in tonight. im suprised how well the game runs.
won my first match, i was happy considering ive never played unreal before. its very fun. i need a lot of practice i have no idea how to really use any of the guns properly.

The Jetpacks are only used for Vehicle Capture the flag. Otherwise I prefer the TVG Mutator pack which has a quad jump mutator in it.

last time i checked the thread it was set for mnday nights. ive been looking forward to it all day. i come here to see whats up and smack, thursday hits me in the face. i have a 24h shift thursday so i cant make it.
lame

can anybody point me to the best mutators/mods/map packs i should get. theres so much stuf i really had no idea what to get.

The reason nobody showed up today was because it's a labor day event so everyone is most likely gone. It's Monday at 6 pm Pacific 9 pm Eastern. It'll be held on standard schedule next week. You can get all mods here.

www.ut3mod.com

click mutators and download the ones I mentioned.

Come next week, prepare for a face of rocket just like I always prepare. I have a schedule I want to do though as a warmup.

Team Deathmatch

Start off in Morbias just to warm up the senses.

Then go to Shangrila

Then move onto Team Capture the Flag

Searchlight
Facing Worlds
Suspense

anyone know where I could pick this game up the cheapest? Id really like to become a regular on thursdays if I can get the game for less than 25.

Sorry I didn't make it last night. It felt so much like Sunday (esp. since I work full time) that I forgot it was Monday night and forgot all about UT3. Next week!

Paco - I like the idea of warming up in Morbias. Hell, I just love that level! It'd be nice to change up the TCTF levels ,though. They're fun, but they become less fun as time goes on and it's all we play. I'd also love to get some objective-based Onslaught going sometime, maybe all CAGS against a bot team, what does everyone think?

Basket - You just missed the 25% off coupon for PS3 games, which would have put it around there. Gamefly has it for 17.99 used:

http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128095&t=0

To my knowledge all Gamefly used games are complete, and usually in good/playable condition. I bought 2 games from them (DMC4 and Lair) and both discs were immaculate, but I did hear a few complaints in the Gamefly thread. The odds are in your favor, though, of getting a good copy.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']anyone know where I could pick this game up the cheapest? Id really like to become a regular on thursdays if I can get the game for less than 25.[/QUOTE]

19.98 at target.
supposedly 19.99 on amazon.

[quote name='Paco']The reason nobody showed up today was because it's a labor day event so everyone is most likely gone. It's Monday at 6 pm Pacific 9 pm Eastern. It'll be held on standard schedule next week. You can get all mods here.

www.ut3mod.com

click mutators and download the ones I mentioned.[/QUOTE]

no maps?
does everybody use what it shipped with?
i downloaded what was on the psn store.

bread's done
Back