CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Midguy']I don't think its a good idea to buy accounts like that from Lizard honestly. The accounts aren't his and like you said, the owner can change the password at any time. Also, it seems like the people that he's getting the account info from probably don't realize that there are potentially 3 other people leaching off of their account. For instance, I have my brother's account and my friend's account on my PS3 and we all share stuff with each other. They trust me and I trust them. But if I were dirty, I could come here and sell 2 shares of each of their accounts without their knowledge. They could put up their CC info on that account not knowing that someone outside of our circle has access to their accounts. Or if they ever felt I was doing something like that they could change the password to shut me out and the people who bought from me are just ass out.

I just don't think these type of transactions really represent what this thread is for and I would advise against it. I think if his friends want to sell their account shares, he should be directing them to this site so that they can do so themselves and be held accountable for their own shit.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely.

[quote name='shoe478']Lol, so I messaged the guy and now he is pissed saying the account info was stolen. Best $10 I ever spent.[/QUOTE]

are you serious? are you sure it was the account I gave you?

if so, please give me his email and I will look on my messages on what friend gave me that info, please.

and if it does turn out to be the account I sent you, I will give you your money back and I know that's not enough since this is a serious matter. I guess I'll be banned...

[quote name='LizardKing1251']are you serious? are you sure it was the account I gave you?

if so, please give me his email and I will look on my messages on what friend gave me that info, please.

and if it does turn out to be the account I sent you, I will give you your money back and I know that's not enough since this is a serious matter. I guess I'll be banned...[/QUOTE]

Even though it looks bad, stay calm. The owner probably didn't expect to get messages from the people you're selling his shares from and freaked out.

[quote name='LizardKing1251']are you serious? are you sure it was the account I gave you?

and if it does turn out to be the account I sent you, I will give you your money back and I know that's not enough since this is a serious matter. I guess I'll be banned...[/QUOTE]

The guy is trying to get me banned for gamesharing so I'm not worried about the $10.

[quote name='Polaris1001']OK, it would be great if you start PMing the people in the group if you are willing to host[/QUOTE]

I dont want to host until I'm certain there's no DRM.

[quote name='jjbronco123']I dont want to host until I'm certain there's no DRM.[/QUOTE]

There is no DRM. They write that in the game info, and for AC2 it says that the normal Terms of Use apply (same as Mass Effect 2, MAG, Borderlands etc.).

[quote name='shoe478']The guy is trying to get me banned for gamesharing so I'm not worried about the $10.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you're screwed if someone from Sony actually responds to this guy.

[quote name='shoe478']The guy is trying to get me banned for gamesharing so I'm not worried about the $10.[/QUOTE]

geez, I'm sorry, can I have his email?

if anyone needs to be blamed it's me and I don't want anyone to get faulted for me.

also, I just realized I deleted my PS3 messages because it slows down my PS3 when I'm in game. So, there really isn't any way of me knowing who gave me the info, unless I remember that email specifically -.-

[quote name='LizardKing1251']geez, I'm sorry, can I have his email?

if anyone needs to be blamed it's me and I don't want anyone to get faulted for me.

also, I just realized I deleted my PS3 messages because it slows down my PS3 when I'm in game. So, there really isn't any way of me knowing who gave me the info, unless I remember that email specifically -.-[/QUOTE]

Wait, weren't these your real life friends? I'm sure you know their email addresses.

Hmmm.... why do I think that you are sending messages to random people like: " We are from Sony bla bla, we have problems in our databases, please send us your username and password we don't have backups" I have received crap messages like this, and I know there are people who don't have a clue that these kinds of things are scams.

[quote name='Polaris1001']Wait, weren't these your real life friends? I'm sure you know their email addresses.

Hmmm.... why do I think that you are sending messages to random people like: " We are from Sony bla bla, we have problems in our databases, please send us your username and password we don't have backups" I have received crap messages like this, and I know there are people who don't have a clue that these kinds of things are scams.[/QUOTE]

no, these are internet friends and like I said before not all the accounts are mine, they are either friends account or their friends.

and I have shared with a few people here already and I'm not certain what account I gave him, you know.

Wow, that sucks..........

Seems like I was correct in my suspicion that whoever Lizard got these accounts from doesn't know that he is selling shares of them. Buyer beware.

I don't believe you at all. How many of your "friends" have given you their account information that you can't just check with them and find out who it is? Unless these people aren't your friends and you stole their account info and are selling it without their knowledge.

[quote name='Midguy']Wow, that sucks..........

Seems like I was correct in my suspicion that whoever Lizard got these accounts from doesn't know that he is selling shares of them. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

apperantly not, had I known this I would not be selling these accounts so freely.

I won't be selling any more accounts that aren't mine (assuming I don't get banned indefinitely)

[quote name='kataztrophik']I don't believe you at all. How many of your "friends" have given you their account information that you can't just check with them and find out who it is? Unless these people aren't your friends and you stole their account info and are selling it without their knowledge.[/QUOTE]

because I don't know who the person shoe is referring to (that's why I want his email, to confirm who I got the account from, but that's not looking good since I cleared my PS3 messages)

had I stolen the accounts I would change the email to a generic email, so no one would find out who the account belongs to. All the accounts have their email intact.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LizardKing1251']apperantly not, had I known this I would not be selling these accounts so freely.

I won't be selling any more accounts that aren't mine (assuming I don't get banned indefinitely)[/QUOTE]

Start refunding people that are having problems with their accounts.

[quote name='LizardKing1251']apperantly not, had I known this I would not be selling these accounts so freely.

I won't be selling any more accounts that aren't mine (assuming I don't get banned indefinitely)[/QUOTE]

Maybe your "friends" were stealing their "friend's" accounts. If what you say is true, your "friends" played you big time! You played the middle man/fall guy.

[quote name='Polaris1001']Start refunding people that are having problems with their accounts.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most accounts will have their passwords changed, since, like I said ''these aren't my accounts, these are friends accounst..'' they change their email back to whatever it was

I was under the impression that all sales were final, like at QJ.net, where I haven't had a problem whatsoever and no one has ever wanted the account info back to re-sell it.

[quote name='NSYNC']Maybe your "friends" were stealing their "friend's" accounts. If what you say is true, your "friends" played you big time! You played the middle man/fall guy.[/QUOTE]

it seems like I might have, and I am ready to take the fall/fault for it, since I am the one that is here and not them.

whatever the admin or whomever is in charge here if they feel like reporting me/banning me then I guess it's something that has to be done.

wow what a mess... can u guys stick to PMs?

if it gets out of hand they might end up closing this whole gameshare thread:whistle2:(

[quote name='LizardKing1251']I'm sure most accounts will have their passwords changed, since, like I said ''these aren't my accounts, these are friends accounst..'' they change their email back to whatever it was

I was under the impression that all sales were final, like at QJ.net, where I haven't had a problem whatsoever and no one has ever wanted the account info back to re-sell it.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem. That's not really how we roll around here. I've never seen this thread as a game selling thread, but a gameSHARING thread. Most people are here to split costs of games in a mutually beneficial manner. Most time when you see people selling shares here, its because they participated in a share, finished the game and need to clear up space, thus spreading the benefit to other users from the initial share. They're not doing it to make money. If anything, they are just trying to recoup their costs, often selling at a discount, to try to free up space to participate in more gameshares.

What you are doing is trying to make money off of people. From that raffle bullshit you were pulling to this shady ass shit. That guy is in risk of having his shit banned because of your sale and that's not how we do people around here. This is supposed to be a community and we are just trying to save money on our hobby, but not at the expense of others.

Its just not in the spirit of what this thread is about and I feel really bad for the people that bought from you.

[quote name='sky03']wow what a mess... can u guys stick to PMs?

if it gets out of hand they might end up closing this whole gameshare thread:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Agreed. Better stick with PMs.

Assassin's Creed 2 DE Share.
1. NEED HOST jjbronco123 ?
2. djratchet
3. kilogram3
4. Polaris1001
5. arnoldhead

jjbronco123 is waiting for 100% confirmation that the game does not have DRM.

In the meantime, need host to get this rolling already.

Little Big Planet Pirates of the Caribbean Promo Pack + Metal Gear Solid Level Kit (everything needed for 100% trophies)
1 slot available - $4.00

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Speed + Adrenaline DLC (everything needed for 100% trophies)
1 slot available - $4.00

flOw
1 slot available - $1.75

flOw DLC
1 slot available - $0.60

this is better than a soap opera

[quote name='sky03']wow what a mess... can u guys stick to PMs?

if it gets out of hand they might end up closing this whole gameshare thread:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yes, sky03 is right, PLEASE DELETE POSTS, guys (I will delete this one soon)

Want:

Have:
Battlefield 1943/Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode $3
Dead Space Ignition $1
Ferrari The Race Experience $5

Please PM me with any inquiries

Little Big Planet Pirates of the Caribbean Promo Pack + Metal Gear Solid Level Kit (everything needed for 100% trophies)
1 slot available - $4.00

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Speed + Adrenaline DLC (everything needed for 100% trophies)
1 slot available - $4.00

flOw
1 slot available - $1.75

flOw DLC
1 slot available - $0.60

Anyone interested in gamesharing some games from the new PSN Sale? Mainly PSP games, this time around.

I'm interested in these RPG's.

Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)

Total: $ 10 per person

I can host if people are interested. :)

1. Randomdud ( host- no tax)

Please PM me if you add yourself to this list.

1 slot available - $4.00

1 slot available - $4.00

flOw
1 slot available - $1.75

flOw DLC
1 slot available - $0.60

Alright this is out of hand. If you are not directly tied to the account you cannot sell it. There is no legitimate way to check the status of whether these are stolen or not and the only way to ensure protection is to have people from CAG deal directly with other members of CAG. Sorry but this whole selling friends of friends accounts is too sketchy and there is no need for any of the problems that are occurring.

I found something on another forum that I thought that we might get started here.

I know the idea of sharing with a newbie (like me) might make some anxious and paranoid (also me as well) for fear of getting scammed. So I think we could set up some Middlemen to help things go more smoothly. It could either be an Admin, Mod, or someone who is trusted among most of the people here but can't be a newbie.

As for the transaction, person1 would send said gameshare to the agreed upon Middleman(MM) and the MM would check to see if agreed upon items are all there then gives the ok to person2 to send payment. person1 then varifies payment to MM and the MM sends the share to person2. also payment could be sent first to MM for verification.

or for trading, both persons send shares to MM and the MM confirms and forwards shares accordingly.

Dead Nation
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game + Knives DLC
Pain
TV Show King
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episodes 2 - 5
Uncharted 2 GOTY DLC

$10 online gift card to amazon or trade of similar value
or this if it's still avaliable
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=286266

Episode 1 is available but expires with PS+.

51 days left on PS+

**Stacking available on Feb 8**

1 slot available - $4.00

1 slot available - $4.00

flOw
1 slot available - $1.75

flOw DLC
1 slot available - $0.60

I have a PS Move oriented share for sale. It includes the following:

Echochrome II
Sports Champions DLC: Reverse Course and Haunted Pack
Auditorium HD
Tumble
Hustle Kings + DLC: Crazy Tables (Hex, Basement)
Planet Minigolf + DLC: Stronghold Island

Roughly 70 dollars of content. Asking 12.50 via Paypal (which is a couple dollars lower than I paid). Please send me a private message if you want to purchase this from me. Thanks!

[quote name='daripa']I found something on another forum that I thought that we might get started here.

I know the idea of sharing with a newbie (like me) might make some anxious and paranoid (also me as well) for fear of getting scammed. So I think we could set up some Middlemen to help things go more smoothly. It could either be an Admin, Mod, or someone who is trusted among most of the people here but can't be a newbie.

As for the transaction, person1 would send said gameshare to the agreed upon Middleman(MM) and the MM would check to see if agreed upon items are all there then gives the ok to person2 to send payment. person1 then varifies payment to MM and the MM sends the share to person2. also payment could be sent first to MM for verification.

or for trading, both persons send shares to MM and the MM confirms and forwards shares accordingly.
_________________________________________________________________[/QUOTE]

sounds like a good idea, BUT it is very time consuming
middleman dont mean crap cause people can always change the account info

this thread WAS going smooth :roll:

[quote name='sky03']sounds like a good idea, BUT it is very time consuming
middleman dont mean crap cause people can always change the account info

this thread WAS going smooth :roll:[/QUOTE]

Agreed.. This thread not only was going smoothly, but actually continues to run smoothly.. as long as you only purchase large shares off regulars and not newbs.
you simply don't know the ' angle ' of the newbs intentions, but you already know a regs intentions is to add to the forum. not take away.
small shares everyone/large shares regs -_-

I haven't been scammed at all from anyone in damn near 30 transactions thus far. There's going to be some abuse no matter what you do, the good news is that it's pretty rare and can be avoided with some precautions.

1) Do not use gifted payments for someone who is brand new to the forums.

This way if he steals from you, you can file a claim with paypal in order to get the money back.

2) If you have good standing in the community don't hesitate to demand getting the information or payment first.

Worst thing that can happen is your deal falls through. If the gameshare is a rarity that's hard to sell the person will change their mind and give in more than likely if they're legit. If it's a common gameshare you can easily buy it from someone else. If it's a rare, quick-selling gameshare, make your own group and you can find people.

[quote name='daripa']I found something on another forum that I thought that we might get started here.

_________________________________________________________________[/QUOTE]

Yeap, what they all said is true. The community here is very trustful of each other and having a middle man will just ruin the flow.

It's simple really, being a newbie to the forum, all you have to do is be the first. If you're the one buying a share, send the payment first. If you're selling the share, give them the info first (unless he's a newbie as well, be cautious). I know it must be risky from your point of view, but the veterans here have already traded with each other several times and there's really nothing to worry about. Besides, we have more of a reason to be worried of you than you to us. If you're worried that we are going to scam you, then gamesharing is not for you. I've been to many sites for gamesharing and IMO, CAG is where it's at. You'll find the most reasonable and trustworthy people here.

With time, you'll get shout outs for a smooth gameshare and once you have that, then you just need to follow the general rule, payment first before gameshare, whether you are buying or selling. At least, that's my rule.

Lastly, welcome to the site!

1 slot available - $4.00

1 slot available - $4.00

flOw
1 slot available - $1.75

flOw DLC
1 slot available - $0.60

Anyone want to start a 'Back to the Future' group? It's $20 for the season (so $4 each), and the first episode releases on PS3 on February 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back