CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Junno']Alright, the 2nd group for Prince of Persia HD is technically full.

To be fair, it was first come first serve, and we have these members

1. HOST
2. Junno
3. Denzalo
4. Just2dirty
5. Hostile

Runner up
6. Stillfree
7. Ganjaman1
8. pvaapuri[/QUOTE]

I'm interested so if the runner ups wanna start a group thats already 3-4 of us interested in a PoP group.

[quote name='TylDurden']I'm interested so if the runner ups wanna start a group thats already 3-4 of us interested in a PoP group.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in the runner-up group,if you accept paypal :)

[quote name='TylDurden']I'm interested so if the runner ups wanna start a group thats already 3-4 of us interested in a PoP group.[/QUOTE]

I'm game. But I don't wanna host. I have gifted paypal once we get all the members. Thanks.

So Far

1. ????? (Host)
2. ganjaman1
3. TylDurden
4. pvaapuri
5. ?????

[quote name='NamPaehc']Undead Nightmare $10
Castle Crashers $15
Knives Chau for Scott Pilgrim $2

$27 / 5 = $5.40

1. lo6ick
3. NamPaehc
4.Halfwasted
5.ItchyD

lo6ick is hosting... pm if you're interested in the last spot

Think we still need one More right?
[/QUOTE]

Yes we are still needing one more person to fill the last spot and I hope it happens soon because I'm sick of waiting!!

[quote name='bunk22']1. when sending a paypal gift there is no fees ( 1 guy refused to send me $ as a gift and paypal took .46 cents as a fee i believe
2. when i host i use a psn card as i dont have a credit card or debit card and there is no fees when buying psn games except for tax unless you use a state that doesnt use tax
3. i would say its safe on any end although your at your own risk for gamesharing but if someone really wanted to dispute over a couple of bucks then your really only out a couple of bucks.
hosting is easy make a phony email, set up a psn account, buy the game, and share with cags for 1/5 of the share. gotta say i love cag and hope this helped lol[/QUOTE]

Thanks you asnwered my question 1, but for #2, I was asking regarding paypal, not the PS store. Can you fund a gift from paypal by a credit card and it still be free from fees? (I heard gifts must be sourced by paypal balance or account transfer, is that true?)
Also, regarding question 3, is it even possible to contest a gift on paypal?

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']Thanks you asnwered my question 1, but for #2, I was asking regarding paypal, not the PS store. Can you fund a gift from paypal by a credit card and it still be free from fees? (I heard gifts must be sourced by paypal balance or account transfer, is that true?)
Also, regarding question 3, is it even possible to contest a gift on paypal?[/QUOTE]

2. I think either or would be fine (not positive). My paypal account is set up that paypal will take the money from my checking account and have credit card as back up. Any fees I think would be your credit card provider's end (some bad debit/credit cards charges user per use).

3. I think its impossible to contest gift...unless its along the lines that you sent it to the wrong person.
Personally, I think there is low risk for doing PayPal gift transaction for small gamesharing. Usually you only pony up < $6, for me I am willing to potentially (unlikely) lose $6 to save $24.

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']Thanks you asnwered my question 1, but for #2, I was asking regarding paypal, not the PS store. Can you fund a gift from paypal by a credit card and it still be free from fees? (I heard gifts must be sourced by paypal balance or account transfer, is that true?)
Also, regarding question 3, is it even possible to contest a gift on paypal?[/QUOTE]

If you fund a gift from paypal with a credit card, YOU pay the fees. If you send money as a gift and you get scammed, you're SOL. As such, sellers can not require you to send money as gifts, and can not charge extra for a payment to cover fees either. If you wanted to be safe, send money as payment for goods or services, which is covered under Paypal's buyer protection. But for most established sellers or traders, it's really not necessary so I just send as gift payments anyways. I only send as payment for goods when it comes to big ticket items and new traders.

[quote name='pvaapuri']I'm game. But I don't wanna host. I have gifted paypal once we get all the members. Thanks.

So Far

1. ????? (Host)
2. ganjaman1
3. TylDurden
4. pvaapuri
5. Kaminoyadoru[/QUOTE]

Count me in for the #5 slot if you haven't filled it in already.

canceled due to lack of interest

I know this one is a bit old, but anyone interested in gamesharing Mega Man 9 & 10 bundle for $3 per share/slot ($15/5 = $3)? I preferably don't want to host this one (plus I think I'm locked out at the moment).

Mega Man 9 & 10 Bundle gameshare at $3 per slot

1. Host -
dejeckt

Last edited by a moderator:
For sale or trade (up for anything, PM with offers)
Game Share of Sam & Max Full Season
Game Share of Anarchy Rush Hour
Game Share of BF1943/BFBC2 Onslaught Mode/BFBC2 Specact Bundle

Medal of Honor Online Pass Code
Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP Code
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode/Battlefield 1943 Bundle Voucher
Blur Dodge Viper ACR Unlock Code
Dante's Inferno Dark Forest DLC Code
Saboteur Midnight Show DLC Code
Final Fantasy XIII Registration Code for FFXIV Bonus Item

[quote name='bunk22']still looking for a slot of black light tango down and the game show bundle[/QUOTE]

i'd be down for the gameshow bundle ..

[quote name='Seventh']Bulk Share Group (100 USD worth) Consisting of:

Costume Quest 14.99
Shank 14.99
Scott Pilgrim Vs the World 9.99
Castle Crashers 14.99

Total: 55 USD

Possible choices to reach 100 USD as of now are:
Comet Crash 9.99
lara Croft 14.99
Trine 9.99
Monkey Island Special Edition (1+2) 14.99
Turtles in Time 9.99
Penny Arcade Bundle (Ep 1+2) 14.99
Dead Nation 14.99 (releases end of November)

--------
Slots
1) Seventh
2) jamehze [host]
3) cg1407
4) nakanenui
5)
--------

TL;DR: Still looking for 1 more for 100 USD bulk share of games.
[/QUOTE]

Just 1 more! Anyone interested?

[quote name='KamiNoYadoru']Count me in for the #5 slot if you haven't filled it in already.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Still need one more to host.

So Far

1. ????? (Host)
2. ganjaman1
3. TylDurden
4. pvaapuri
5. Kaminoyadoru

HAVE TO TRADE
Uno/Critter Crunch/Zen Pinball on one account

WANT
Crazy Taxi
Prince of Persia HD (will commit to future games)

I would join a group via Paypal, but would love to trade a share of my account for each of these games.

[quote name='kataztrophik']If you fund a gift from paypal with a credit card, YOU pay the fees. If you send money as a gift and you get scammed, you're SOL. As such, sellers can not require you to send money as gifts, and can not charge extra for a payment to cover fees either. If you wanted to be safe, send money as payment for goods or services, which is covered under Paypal's buyer protection.[/QUOTE]

Seller also doesn't have to sell to you. The cost of the game is what it is not counting fees. If your going to incur fees for your own safety you better be willing to pay for them yourself.

[quote name='TylDurden']Seller also doesn't have to sell to you. The cost of the game is what it is not counting fees. If your going to incur fees for your own safety you better be willing to pay for them yourself.[/QUOTE]

It's the cost of doing business. CAG specifically states that sellers can not charge extra for Paypal fees. Sure you can refuse, but I bet you the majority of sellers would rather take the small hit in fees than lose a potential customer.

All I'm saying is that you can't be forced to pay the paypal transaction fee. If your seller tries to make you pay extra to cover it, then he's in the wrong and could be suspended or banned from trading on this site.

Gift payments you feel comfortable with (people you've traded with before, people with high feedback or for inexpensive items) and then send as payment for goods when you're not so comfortable (unestablished traders, expensive items, etc.)

[quote name='kataztrophik']It's the cost of doing business. CAG specifically states that sellers can not charge extra for Paypal fees. Sure you can refuse, but I bet you the majority of sellers would rather take the small hit in fees than lose a potential customer.

All I'm saying is that you can't be forced to pay the paypal transaction fee. If your seller tries to make you pay extra to cover it, then he's in the wrong and could be suspended or banned from trading on this site. [/QUOTE]

No one is forcing anyone. The overhead on $3 gameshares is too low to lose money on fees and gamesharing is t even sanctioned by CAG. They are allowing us to use their boards to do it but you can't leave trader feedback and I don't think they even take part in fees or even scams. You gameshare at your own risk and you do it on your own dime.

[quote name='TylDurden']No one is forcing anyone. The overhead on $3 gameshares is too low to lose money on fees and gamesharing is t even sanctioned by CAG. They are allowing us to use their boards to do it but you can't leave trader feedback and I don't think they even take part in fees or even scams. You gameshare at your own risk and you do it on your own dime.[/QUOTE]

LOL I don't understand why you're fighting me on this? My point is not that he should send all his payments as transactions, only that if he chooses to, he can't be forced to pay additional to cover fees, as it violates Paypal policies as well as trading guidelines here on CAG.

He asked if it was possible to contest a gift payment. And the simple answer is no, you cannot. At which point I then proceeded to tell him that he can only be covered under Paypal's Buyer Protection if he sends it as a payment for goods or services.

Did you also conveniently skip over the fact that I told him for most transactions I personally send as gift payments, and only for big ticket items or unestablished traders do I bother with sending as payment for goods or services?

[quote name='TylDurden']If your going to incur fees for your own safety you better be willing to pay for them yourself.[/quote]

What you suggested is not allowed here on CAG. You cannot force the buyer to pay his own fees, (i.e. charge him extra based on fees you will incur) You either accept his payment and take the hit on fees, or you refund it and tell him you are not willing to pay fees for the transaction, and he may either re-send as a gift payment or find a new seller.

Regardless of how you feel on the whole fees situation, there are guidelines and policies you need to adhere to if you plan on trading on CAG or using Paypal as a form of payment. It's not a matter of opinion.

I'd like to get a slot in a Prince of Persia trilogy group (all 3 games.) Looks like there were already two groups created and filled. Keep me in mind if another group is started, thanks!

Ok, PoP HD group's full and with a host.

1. KamiNoYadoru
2. Junno
3. Denzalo
4. Just2dirty
5. Hostile

KamiNoYadoru will be hosting, as soon as he PM us his paypal info, we should be ready to go.

[quote name='WiiNet']HAVE TO TRADE
Uno/Critter Crunch/Zen Pinball on one account

WANT
Crazy Taxi
Prince of Persia HD (will commit to future games)

I would join a group via Paypal, but would love to trade a share of my account for each of these games.[/QUOTE]

I have a slots open for a crazy taxi group i'm hosting if you want to join.

[quote name='TylDurden']I would host but my card is now blocked on new accounts.[/QUOTE]

Could you (or anyone else) please elaborate on this? Will PSN block your credit card if you use it too often to fund different PSN accounts? How about removing it and re-adding it to the same account often?

[quote name='pvaapuri']Cool. Still need one more to host.

So Far

1. ????? (Host)
2. ganjaman1
3. TylDurden
4. pvaapuri
5. ????[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm hosting the other one, so sorry, looks like you have another slot after all.

[quote name='Midguy']When does Pacman DX come out on PSN? Next week?

Anyone want to host a group for that?[/QUOTE]

1. Yes.
2. Can't host, but I definitely want a share of it.

[quote name='Wario64']Just saw this on Neogaf, there's a chance Sony might put an end to gamesharing...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413332[/QUOTE]

ahhh neogaf, defending sony/devs from a practice Jack Tretton himself said was OK. The regulars on that board truly are the weirdest group of corporate whores on the planet.

also, this is like the 10th time someone has interpreted the TOS as stopping game sharing. If they ever do stop it, I have a feeling it'll be more obvious somehow. But I think it'll keep going as long as they have an activation slot system, unless it blocks different IPs from using a game simultaneously.

@kataztrophik: two words. "Free Market"

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']Could you (or anyone else) please elaborate on this? Will PSN block your credit card if you use it too often to fund different PSN accounts? How about removing it and re-adding it to the same account often?[/QUOTE]
Yeah if you use a credit card on too many accounts it will start to block it on additional accounts. I can still use it on my primary account and both my main gameshare accounts but unable to use it on any other account. I've tried to host a gameshare and buy a game on my friends account and neither of them took it.

[quote name='TylDurden']Yeah if you use a credit card on too many accounts it will start to block it on additional accounts. I can still use it on my primary account and both my main gameshare accounts but unable to use it on any other account. I've tried to host a gameshare and buy a game on my friends account and neither of them took it.[/QUOTE]
I've always been wary of this (just because I'm paranoid, no real reason), which is why if at all possible, I buy from the Amazon PSN store whenever I'm hosting a gameshare. I think I've only actually used my credit card on my PS3 on my main account.

Sorry to double post, but anyone at all interested in Mega Man bundle? If not by today I probably close this group.
Canceled due to lack of interest.

Mega Man 9 & 10 Bundle gameshare at $3 per slot

1. Host -
dejeckt

I'd like to start a GS for the PS2 HD games that have been coming out. God of War Collection and Prince of Persia Sands of Time HD, including the next 2 that come out. Initial investment would be $9. Let me know if you are interested.

my old group seems to be dead and or asleep so i'm looking for shares of knives chau for scott pilgrim and undead nightmare for red dead redemption...

[quote name='kataztrophik']For sale or trade (up for anything, PM with offers)
Game Share of Sam & Max Full Season
Game Share of Anarchy Rush Hour
Game Share of BF1943/BFBC2 Onslaught Mode/BFBC2 Specact Bundle

Medal of Honor Online Pass Code
Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP Code
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode/Battlefield 1943 Bundle Voucher
Blur Dodge Viper ACR Unlock Code
Dante's Inferno Dark Forest DLC Code
Saboteur Midnight Show DLC Code
Final Fantasy XIII Registration Code for FFXIV Bonus Item[/QUOTE]

cost of sam and max?

[quote name='TylDurden']@kataztrophik: two words. "Free Market"

Yeah if you use a credit card on too many accounts it will start to block it on additional accounts. I can still use it on my primary account and both my main gameshare accounts but unable to use it on any other account. I've tried to host a gameshare and buy a game on my friends account and neither of them took it.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, are you sure it wasn't just because many CC had been entered on that account in the last 24h? I know that after 3 different card transactions, you cannot try another new card transaction for 24h in order for it to accept other cards again. Are you sure it wasn't that?

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']Out of curiosity, are you sure it wasn't just because many CC had been entered on that account in the last 24h? I know that after 3 different card transactions, you cannot try another new card transaction for 24h in order for it to accept other cards again. Are you sure it wasn't that?[/QUOTE]

You cannot use the same credit card to purchase on 2 different accounts within a 24 hour period otherwise the card will be locked from all transactions (main account or otherwise) for an unspecified amount of time (it seems to vary). After the time is up, you will be able to use it again on any account. I use the same credit card on all accounts (definitely more than 3) but the above happens pretty much without fail based on my previous experiences.

I've had it locked personally for several weeks. Best bet is to use PSN cards or Amazon if available. I only use credit card as a last resort. Note that it is only locked on the PSN, doesn't block it from being used anywhere else.

Anyone interested in gamesharing Hoard? Just saw a few gameplay and reviews. Looks interesting, but not $15 interesting (more like $3). Does anyone have an extra share?

Anyone interested in a Pacman DX/Super Stardust group?

[quote name='vonoliveramora']i would be having a psmove later tonight. does the psmove games group still have an open slot? interested. please pm me. also intested in siege, coming out dec.[/QUOTE]
I would be up for a group with the following:
Planet mini golf + add on
Sports Champions freight pack
Sports Champions reverse course

looking for Prince of Persia HD. (willing to get all 3 also) let me know if theres any slots open.

Edit: Got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back